Remember me
▼ Content

Critical mass

Critical mass15-06-2020 17:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Nuclear energy, bankruptcies, infections.
Regardless, when they reach a critical mass, they lead to a chain reaction.
It will be a fountain of death, not a fountain of youth.
15-06-2020 18:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

No one is immortal, and life is full of challenges, sort of sucks at times. Survival is hard work, and we only get one shot at it. Some people fight harder than others. Hiding in your basement isn't living, or fighting to survive.
15-06-2020 18:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Harvey,
I 'm just saying there are a lot of things coming to critical mass these days.
Just saying.
15-06-2020 18:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
keepit wrote:

You didn't do well on the SAT. Ask me how I know.

Infections have a "critical mass"?

Nuclear energy is bad? Can you tell the difference between electricity that results from nuclear energy vs from a wind turbine?

Who died from a bankruptcy? ... a miser?

Step 1 and Step 2. The ball is in your court.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-06-2020 18:34
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

You didn't do well on the SAT. Ask me how I know.

Infections have a "critical mass"?

Nuclear energy is bad? Can you tell the difference between electricity that results from nuclear energy vs from a wind turbine?

Who died from a bankruptcy? ... a miser?

Step 1 and Step 2. The ball is in your court.

**power pouting** IBD, you are just arguing semantics... **pout, pout, pout**
15-06-2020 18:38
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Nuclear energy,

... exists.

keepit wrote:
bankruptcies,

... happen.

keepit wrote:
infections.

... exist and happen.

keepit wrote:

??? wtf???

keepit wrote:

Ain't nobody gonna steal your joy??

Steps 1 and 2 complete. Awaiting Step 3...
Edited on 15-06-2020 18:39
15-06-2020 18:42
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I 'm just saying there are a lot of things coming to critical mass these days.
Just saying.

Did the Jehovah Witnesses stop by recently? End of times, have you been saved? Bet they wore masks and social distanced too...

There are always going to be challenging times, tough times. And there are people who exploit those things, to control and manipulate people. Fight the hype, the panic, and fear. It's usually far worse, that the problems you face, the actual things you need to survive.

Most people are going to make it through, what ever life hands them.
15-06-2020 22:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
When bankruptcies result in one person not receiving what is owed, that person can't pay what he himself owes etc., etc. Critical mass.
When too many people are infected at the same time, hospitals are overwhelmed, and it is difficult to avoid infected people. Critical mass.
In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, "It ain't over til it's over." and also from Yogi, "When you come to a fork in the road, keep it".
15-06-2020 23:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Do a Google search for "CNN critical mass" and you'll see where Keepit is getting his brilliance from.

Literally dozens of stories on "Critical mass (insert "crisis")".

Regurgitation of CNN only breeds stupid and you can Keepit.
16-06-2020 00:01
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:..CNN only breeds stupid ....

Did you have an argument or rebuttal other than a thumbs down on CNN? This isn't Facebook you know.
16-06-2020 01:17
(14414)
tmiddles wrote:

Did you have an argument or rebuttal other than a thumbs down on CNN? This isn't Facebook you know.

Personally, I think a "thumbs down" on CNN is sufficient.

You seem to be implying that keepit's post somehow warrants a response. It doesn't contain any grey matter to which to respond.

Perhaps keepit would like to organize his thoughts, make a point and then argue that. One can reasonably respond to something like that.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-06-2020 01:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
I thought i'd let you do some of your own thinking about my post but you didn't.
One bankruptcy causing another bankruptcy results in runaway bankruptcies when the number of bankruptcies reaches critical mass.
New infections can result in runaway infections when a critical number of infections at one time occurs and medical facilities are overwhelmed.
I thought it was obvious.
Edited on 16-06-2020 01:37
16-06-2020 01:33
(3979)
keepit wrote:...runaway bankruptcies...runaway infections...
Yes it's a very interesting point. A lot of economic theory looks to the natural world.

Having a system setup to be vulnerable to a domino effect has hurt us badly in the past.
16-06-2020 01:37
(14414)
tmiddles wrote:
Yes it's a very interesting point. A lot of economic theory looks to the natural world.

Having a system setup to be vulnerable to a domino effect has hurt us badly in the past.

You are a philosophical genius. Yes, we definitly SHOULD reengineer the time-space continuum so that no effect thereby becomes the cause of some other effect. Your plan is nothing short of brilliant.

16-06-2020 01:42
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...so that no effect thereby becomes the cause of some other effect....
In agriculture the mentality of the "perfect" you name it has had devestating effects.

The perfect banana was once the Gros Michel until a blight wiped all of them out.

Having a government so loaded down with pension debt it's already in danger of bankruptcy, and having those pension funds invested in the stock market. It's a very similar "bad plan".
16-06-2020 01:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
You misinterpreted my post. I was just suggesting precautions. Changing the system would be much harder than taking precautions.
16-06-2020 01:50
(5197)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
I thought i'd let you do some of your own thinking about my post but you didn't.
One bankruptcy causing another bankruptcy results in runaway bankruptcies when the number of bankruptcies reaches critical mass.
New infections can result in runaway infections when a critical number of infections at one time occurs and medical facilities are overwhelmed.

Bankruptcy rarely just erases all debt, like magic, and all creditors got screwed. Most money lenders don't lend any more than the can afford to lose, it's a gamble. When you make payments, most of it is interest (lenders profit). Most lenders recover their investment quickly, long before the principal is paid off. Unpaid debts, are business losses, and claimed against what they owe in taxes. Sure, it sucks they didn't make huge profits of the deals that fail, but it's not the end of the world for them. There are plenty of suckers out there, willing to borrow.
16-06-2020 01:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:

Critical mass has nothing to do with bankruptcies or infections.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-06-2020 01:55
(14414)
tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...so that no effect thereby becomes the cause of some other effect....
In agriculture the mentality of the "perfect" you name it has had devestating effects.

What does the quest for the perfect banana have to do with reengineering the time-space continuum?

Oh, I get it! The quest for the perfect banana occurs WITHIN the time-space continuum. I understand now.

tgoebbles wrote: The perfect banana was once the Gros Michel until a blight wiped all of them out.

I'm just guessing but I'm betting that the blight ALSO occurred within the same time-space continuum.

We really do need to stop all this from happening. I'm pretty sure that Marxism is the answer.

tgoebbles wrote: Having a government so loaded down with pension debt it's already in danger of bankruptcy, and having those pension funds invested in the stock market. It's a very similar "bad plan".

Aaaaah, you revealed your true inner Marxist right there. You threw the term "stock market" in there like it's a bad thing. When Hollywood screenwriters become lazy and they need to create a bad guy that the audience will just hate without any sort of character development, they just make him a "NAZI" so the police can just lynch him like they are BLM and the audience will simply cheer. Marxists, on the other hand, simply mention "Wall Street" and expect everyone to arch their backs and hiss.

The stock market is a great place to invest ... provided one does a modicum of homework and maintains a modicum of vigilance.

Free markets are GREAT! Marxism is chit.

16-06-2020 02:00
(21600)
keepit wrote:
When bankruptcies result in one person not receiving what is owed, that person can't pay what he himself owes etc., etc.

Any idiot that borrows to lend money to another is making his own financial mess.
keepit wrote:
Critical mass.

Nothing to do with nuclear physics.
keepit wrote:
When too many people are infected at the same time, hospitals are overwhelmed, and it is difficult to avoid infected people.

Hospitals are not overwhelmed. The infection rate is less than 1% of the population. A lot less. Most recover without any treatment at all.
keepit wrote:
Critical mass.

Nuclear physics has nothing to do with this.
keepit wrote:
In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra, "It ain't over til it's over." and also from Yogi, "When you come to a fork in the road, keep it".

Random off topic wanderings. Mantra 16b.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-06-2020 02:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Wouldn't you know it. Cramer is talking on CNBC about cascading defaults as we speak.
16-06-2020 02:02
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,

Nope. Nothing to do with nuclear physics. One bankruptcy causing another is not 'runaway' bankruptcies.
keepit wrote:

Hospitals are not overwhelmed.
keepit wrote:

No, you are fear mongering and copying shit from CNN.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:03
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:

Dominoes are part of the economy. There is nothing unstable about capitalism or free markets.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:05
(21600)
tmiddles wrote:

The perfect banana was once the Gros Michel until a blight wiped all of them out.

Having a government so loaded down with pension debt it's already in danger of bankruptcy, and having those pension funds invested in the stock market. It's a very similar "bad plan".

Bananas have nothing to do with overall economy (even though they too are part of the economy). Pension fund investment is not the economy. There is no such thing as a 'pension debt'.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:05
(21600)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
You misinterpreted my post. I was just suggesting precautions. Changing the system would be much harder than taking precautions.

No, you are fear mongering and copying shit from CNN.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:06
(14414)
keepit wrote:
Wouldn't you know it. Cramer is talking on CNBC about cascading defaults as we speak.

Wouldn't you know it, something like this can only happen in an amazing, power-house economy.

Only a living human can have a heart attack. Lumps of clay don't have that problem. Would you prefer to be a lump of clay?

16-06-2020 02:06
(21600)
keepit wrote:

So you copy shit from NBC also, eh? Same as copying shit from CNN.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ITN,
It takes too much work to unravel your misinterpretations. You're not worth it.
16-06-2020 02:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
As we speak Dr. Gottlieb is speaking on CNBC about outbreaks getting out of control, and new lockdowns.
16-06-2020 02:46
(21600)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
It takes too much work to unravel your misinterpretations. You're not worth it.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 02:47
(21600)
keepit wrote:
As we speak Dr. Gottlieb is speaking on CNBC about outbreaks getting out of control, and new lockdowns.

So? Stop copying fake news here. You are just fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

16-06-2020 05:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:

Do you have an example of a successful and healthy system that is not vulnerable to a domino effect? In your perfect world, how would such a system be structured?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
16-06-2020 05:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
GG,
It seems to me it is more of a survival mode rather than searching for improvements on the basic system.
Maybe you're more of an optimist than i am.
I've got 5 risk factors for not surviving this virus.
16-06-2020 05:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:

And you are the perfect CNN puppet. You are doing precisely what they want. You are riddled with fear, hiding in your basement, with nothing better to do than watch The Boob Tube. You are just one of millions stricken with the Coronafear sickness. In your panic you do nothing. You produce nothing. People like you are hurting the economy and YOU are part blame to many bankruptcies.

Was I clear?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
16-06-2020 05:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
GG,
Now tell me how you really feel.
16-06-2020 06:34
(5197)
keepit wrote:
GG,
It seems to me it is more of a survival mode rather than searching for improvements on the basic system.
Maybe you're more of an optimist than i am.
I've got 5 risk factors for not surviving this virus.

Amd the longer you hide in the basement, they worse your overall health as well. People don't realize how much exercise they normally get, doing their regular tasks. They don't walk around as much, or much of anything, but sit around. Eating is something more of a habit, as is the type and volume of foods. Most people don't feel satisfied eat less, just because they are exercising less. Most ex-athletes gain a lot of weight for this reason. Quite a few gain a lot during the off season, if they don't continue working out. Stress and anxiety also have a negative effect on our health, high blood pressure, hyper-tension.

But cheer up, they are really optimistic about a highly experimental vaccine, ready by this fall. Well, ready as can be expected, for a rush-job, corner-cutting, best effort. I'm hoping they don't get it ready, until after Trump wins the election. Got a hunch it's not going to turn out well...
16-06-2020 17:20
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Do a Google search for "CNN critical mass" and you'll see where Keepit is getting his brilliance from.

Literally dozens of stories on "Critical mass (insert "crisis")".

Regurgitation of CNN only breeds stupid and you can Keepit.

CNN??!! hahahahaha that's just TOO funny. Of course the Green Gomer would parrot CNN...........
16-06-2020 17:25
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:

A simple thumbs down on CNN suffices for me, as CNN is on my lengthy list of sources that I do not accept. They are nothing more than fake news and smear merchants.
16-06-2020 17:40
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

You are a philosophical genius. Yes, we definitly SHOULD reengineer the time-space continuum so that no effect thereby becomes the cause of some other effect. Your plan is nothing short of brilliant.

Omniscient T. Middles... SUUUUUUUUPER GENIUS!!!
Attached image:

16-06-2020 17:44
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

And you are the perfect CNN puppet. You are doing precisely what they want. You are riddled with fear, hiding in your basement, with nothing better to do than watch The Boob Tube. You are just one of millions stricken with the Coronafear sickness. In your panic you do nothing. You produce nothing. People like you are hurting the economy and YOU are part blame to many bankruptcies.

Was I clear?

Quite clear to me. Good post!

Join the debate Critical mass:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Using Wind Turbines is Mass Murder301-02-2024 03:00
NASA/GRACE lies about Greenland's ice mass loss1004-04-2020 23:16
All Governments & Organizations Are Making A Critical Basic Mistake About Climate Change Global Warmi11806-02-2020 02:09
Mass Transit506-10-2019 09:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact