Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Communication Awards, Win £1000

Climate Communication Awards, Win £100022-08-2019 10:19
VictoriaClimateOutreach
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hi All,

At www.climateoutreach.org we have some exciting news!

It's our 15th anniversary at this year and we can't think of a better way to mark the occasion by celebrating not just our achievements, but also some of the amazing work delivered by organisations and individuals around the world who are driving public engagement with climate change.

The awards for Climate Change Public Engagement, Climate Communications Research and Climate Visuals Photography will each be assessed by an expert judging panel, and the winner of each of these categories will receive a £1000 cash prize.

For the Climate Change Communicator of the Year - People's Choice the winner will gain the prestige of winning the people's vote.

For full details, please our website (https://climateoutreach.org/climate-communication-awards/) where you will find FAQS, T&Cs and application forms

Look forward to hearing from you!
22-08-2019 19:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14418)
VictoriaClimateOutreach wrote:It's our 15th anniversary at this year and we can't think of a better way to mark the occasion by celebrating not just our achievements, but also some of the amazing work delivered by organisations and individuals around the world who are driving public engagement with climate change.

Under what definition of "Climate Change" are they operating?

What does it mean to "engage" with "Climate Change"? Is that like praying, holding pancake socials, what?

VictoriaClimateOutreach wrote:The awards for Climate Change Public Engagement, Climate Communications Research and Climate Visuals Photography will each be assessed by an expert judging panel, and the winner of each of these categories will receive a £1000 cash prize.

So there's no science involved. It is a "judged" event where apparently aesthetics are the main point.

So, under the photography category, does one score big-time points for capturing Global Warming in action? ... or for capturing images of immense thermal feedbacks? ... or for photos of major Climate forcings? Would those stand a good chance of winning the top prize?

VictoriaClimateOutreach wrote: For the Climate Change Communicator of the Year - People's Choice the winner will gain the prestige of winning the people's vote.

Ooooh! Prestige! Pick me! Pick me! What do I need to do? Give a speech? I can do that.

IBDaMann's Speech:

Ever since the Global Warming problem outgrew the limited surface area of our planet two decades ago and was forced to expand into our oceans, the deniers have being screaming "the Pause!" and "Global Warming has stopped!" Those of us who truly care about our one and only Earth have been forced to suffer living without knowing the true magnitude of the impending Climate devastation. We have been prevented from taking meaningful action. We have been barred from protecting our children. We have been blocked from defending humanity from the capitalists who would just as soon kill us all. Now it looks like the capitalists are finally going to acheive their goal.

We watched helplessly as they turned our oceans into acid. We watched as they systematically killed off one species after another with impunity. We watched as they forced millions of hard-working people to flee their homes and their jobs and become poor Climate refugees living in death camps where world governments, acting on orders from Donald Trump, continue to separate the children from their families. We watched in horror as corporate bankers routinely slashed and burned Brazilian rainforests in order to build opulent palaces for their catered board meetings at which they gave themselves billions of euros in bonuses. Many of us lost all hope watching oil company executives dump caustic pollution into our lakes, streams, rivers and oceans in order to increase profits by a percentage point or two.

The time has come for the courageous among us to take a stand; to break the capitalist fetters and to overthrow all the social norms that leave us impotent to speak for ourselves. Climate Defenders care about our planet and act to protect it. Climate Defenders care about humanity and strive to save it.

Finally, they labour everywhere for the union and agreement of the democratic parties of all countries.

The Climate Defenders disdain to conceal their views and aims.

They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions.

Let the deniers and capitalists tremble at a Climate revolution.

We have nothing to lose but our planet.

We have a world to win.

CLIMATE DEFENDERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!

So, what do you think? Do I have a chance at winning the prestige?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-08-2019 02:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Maybe a badly PhotoShopped selfie, of you and a Polar Bear, floating off into the sunset, on a small ice raft...
25-08-2019 06:39
(14418)
HarveyH55 wrote: Maybe a badly PhotoShopped selfie, of you and a Polar Bear, floating off into the sunset, on a small ice raft...

That's exactly what I was thinking. I asked a mother polar bear if she wouldn't mind taking a staged photo of me with her cute little cub "floating away stranded on a small patch of ice" ... but who knew that polar bears can't take photos for chit.

This is me handing my cell phone to mother polar bear to take the photos.

Her incompetence is going to cost me both prize money and prestige. I hate when that happens.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-08-2019 11:35
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Her incompetence is going to cost me both prize money and prestige.

Nice! Insane that photo exists and nicely done.
25-08-2019 18:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I never knew polar bears were so friendly. I was always told mamma bear will mess you bad, if you mess with cubs.
25-08-2019 18:44
(14418)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I never knew polar bears were so friendly. I was always told mamma bear will mess you bad, if you mess with cubs.

It never hurts to slip mama bear an Andrew Jackson.

25-08-2019 20:42
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It never hurts to slip mama bear an Andrew Jackson.

When I've needed a picture with polar bears they are always happy to trade a snapshot for a free flotation device.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 25-08-2019 21:09

Join the debate Climate Communication Awards, Win £1000:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
If you use any of the following words in a communication, the NSA will know that you are a terrorist927-07-2023 02:16
Sleuths of 'spooky' quantum entanglement science win Nobel physics prize for 20222407-10-2022 01:45
New Cryptocurrency Coin That Can Win Against The Central Banks, Destroy Bitcoin Ethereum128-10-2021 16:24
The USA Patriot Group Must Setup New Party To Educate People & Win The Game014-02-2021 09:24
Did Trump just win Nevada? What Happened?5518-12-2020 04:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact