Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change Is Now On The Political Agenda, Thanks To People Still Too Young To Vote

Climate Change Is Now On The Political Agenda, Thanks To People Still Too Young To Vote16-03-2019 21:09
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/enriquedans/2019/03/16/climate-change-is-now-on-the-political-agenda-thanks-to-people-still-too-young-to-vote/#12796d48552e
16-03-2019 22:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
It was on the political agenda ever since the IPCC dreamed it up. The effect does not cause the cause.
Edited on 16-03-2019 22:26
17-03-2019 08:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
It's been a political agenda for at least 20 years. Odd, how it picked up steam, about the same time medical marijuana started getting on the ballets. Is it coincidence, or is there a correlation between marijuana use, and climate change? Drug use and cults are old friends...
17-03-2019 12:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's been a political agenda for at least 20 years. Odd, how it picked up steam, about the same time medical marijuana started getting on the ballets. Is it coincidence, or is there a correlation between marijuana use, and climate change? Drug use and cults are old friends...

I have often gone to Las Vegas to celebrate New Years. They close the strip to traffic and it becomes one huge pedestrian mall. There are so many people it's like a 3 mile long mosh pit.

As you are probably aware, alcohol and Las Vegas go together quite well. New Year's was especially bad with so many drunks in that mosh pit. One of the effects of alcohol consumption is to reduce the intellectual part of the brain, and allow emotions to rise to the surface more easily. This is because it pickles the brain from the outside in. If that reaches the center of the brain (that primitive part that keeps your body functioning), well...nice knowing ya.

The practical upshot is that New Years was traditionally a boozy, raucous affair, a few shoving matches, a few fights, and LOTS of police every few feet the entire length of the strip to stop it.

Then Nevada legalized marijuana, effective New Years that year.

That party was a lot quieter than it used to be. Instead of being drunk, they were all stoned. Sometimes, they were drunk AND stoned, but, being stoned, the alcohol didn't have a strong a problem with the violence.

More hospital stays though. One of the effects of pot is to not be as aware of your surroundings as you should be (heck cell phones do that!), and car-pedestrian accidents went up.

It's bad enough with all the distractions and the lights, but the strip is equivalent to eight lanes wide (the median is part of that width). A threat from psychopathic taxi driver is more remote and comes at higher speed then in most cities. They never see it coming.

Ambulances are rather permanently parked at two of the worst intersections for this, just waiting like vultures to pick up the mess when it happens.

So I guess you could say that pot does have certain advantages...over booze anyway.

I would blame the problem more on the success of turning our schools into indoctrination centers. Drugs for the masses certainly helps, but the schools and the news media are the biggest problems (other than the Marxist goals of people in the first place, of course!).

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Climate Change Is Now On The Political Agenda, Thanks To People Still Too Young To Vote:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
Worsening warming is hurting people in all regions, US climate assessment shows2923-11-2023 02:17
People who prefer to write anonymously016-11-2023 22:50
The Netherlands is euthanizing autistic people. So why was it different when Hitler did the same028-06-2023 22:38
POWER TO THE PEOPLE408-05-2023 00:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact