Remember me
▼ Content

Climate change - effects, impact and solutions

Climate change - effects, impact and solutions31-05-2020 08:08
savethewhale
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hi All,

I have made a youtube video about climate change and would like to educate people on the effects and possible solutions. It is a flipbook kind of animation. Hopefully you guys can watch and like the video. Any feedback is welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylvctz11ZmY
31-05-2020 08:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
savethewhale wrote:
Hi All,

I have made a youtube video about climate change and would like to educate people on the effects and possible solutions. It is a flipbook kind of animation. Hopefully you guys can watch and like the video. Any feedback is welcome.

Hi, I did watch the first half of your video and saw nothing about whales, heavy siigghh!! Are you familiar with white whales around Greenland? White whales prefer arctic waters. They used to be found south of Greenland. And then around 1920 they migrated to the Hudson bay in Canada where they found the cold waters that they prefer.
The next major event was the hole in the ozone layer.
Edited on 31-05-2020 08:58
31-05-2020 08:49
savethewhale
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Thanks for watching and the support! Haha, sorry maybe i'll make a video on whales soonish enough.

I don't know too much about the white whales. This is the beluga whale you are taking about right?

Yes, I would assume there would be a variation in temperature if global warming is to continue. Not even Darwin's theory of natural selection is fast enough for whales to adapt.
31-05-2020 08:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14430)
savethewhale wrote:
Hi All,

This video is the empty buzzword jackpot winner.

Let me summarize this video in one sentence: The US, UK and Germany owe all the other countries a huge climate justice debt of $trillions to reduce energy poverty, human rights abuses and gender inequality in the form of grants, not loans, to all "marginalized" groups which amount to all people who are not Caucasian men.

Did I mention the amazing cornucopia of empty buzzwords?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-05-2020 17:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
savethewhale wrote:
Hi All,

Hi, I did watch the first half of your video and saw nothing about whales, heavy siigghh!! Are you familiar with white whales around Greenland? White whales prefer arctic waters. They used to be found south of Greenland. And then around 1920 they migrated to the Hudson bay in Canada where they found the cold waters that they prefer.
The next major event was the hole in the ozone layer.

Hudson Bay always had a population of whales, it was just a long trip for the Norwegian whale hunters, who had over harvested their own population of whales. Before we started using oil out of the ground, we burn animal fat. Whales are huge animals, and quite profitable, since humans like to burn stuff. Over 250 buildings burned in Minneapolis in 4 days... That's a lot of man-made CO2, just for some folks having a little summer fun. Instead of the national guard, the should send in Gretta an Al Gore to educate them on the harm they are doing to the climate. Maybe the could convert them over to the cause. Climate worship is far more important, than thug worship. Of course, they would have to give up the burning, sort of hypocritical, releasing massive amounts of CO2, protesting burning of fossil fuels. But then again, when did climate activist ever care about being hypocritical? Most of the big name ones, still own and travel mainly by private jet, own several huge mansions, and need a mega yacht just to go fishing. Maybe they could focus on just destroying things that burn fossil fuels. People would be more inclined to replace with renewable, greenie, so they would have to worry about future climate change destruction rioters.
31-05-2020 20:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
savethewhale wrote:
Thanks for watching and the support! Haha, sorry maybe i'll make a video on whales soonish enough.

I don't know too much about the white whales. This is the beluga whale you are taking about right?

Yes, I would assume there would be a variation in temperature if global warming is to continue. Not even Darwin's theory of natural selection is fast enough for whales to adapt.

This is one thing I was talking about. I think Judith Curry was pushed out of one climate group that focused solely on CO2. https://judithcurry.com/2013/04/10/historic-variations-in-arctic-sea-ice-part-ii-1920-1950/

And it's this warming of around Greenland that I was referring to. It seems I should have been saying narwhals. https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/06arctic/background/climate/climate.html

Previous warming periods suggest that when the next cooling cycle is underway, then there will be a corresponding change in nature.

You might find this interesting as well, https://news.osu.edu/current-melting-of-greenlands-ice-mimics-1920s-1940s-event/
01-06-2020 03:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Welcome Save the whale.Watching your video was a pleasant way to start my working week.If you choose to advocate for this new world order go for it.I am still seeking evidence of the AGW/CC claims that are being made as it should have started happening by now and it has not
.Sea levels not rising
.The temperature average over the last 10 years in Australian Capitol cities is stable or falling slightly.
.The polar caps are not melting
.Why is it always about money???
.Solar does not create enough energy to power jack its DC nd we need AC
.Wind farms can power a Caravan park but not heavy industry ask Germany
.Fortunately for us social realists UK and USA leaders have not fell for this stunt so nothing is going to change
.If you wish to place the illiterate women of the Polynesian Triangle in charge of the worlds finances you are welcome
.If you wish for peace have a good look at all the sources for the AGW/CC claims it always NASA NOAA and of course IPCC all are reliant on funding
.Good luck seeking the truth it worked for me
06-11-2021 01:59
S@ve0ur3arth
☆☆☆☆☆
(29)
Fair is to say that we are all feeling the effects of climate change. This has been the hottest summer I've felt yet! We break that record year after year...

Small changes in our lifestyle can help. I believe in you!
06-11-2021 09:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
savethewhale wrote:
Hi All,

Video not playable. Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-11-2021 10:00
(21612)
savethewhale wrote:

What global warming? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

Darwin's theory of natural selection has been falsified.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-11-2021 10:03
(21612)
James___ wrote:
savethewhale wrote:

This is one thing I was talking about. I think Judith Curry was pushed out of one climate group that focused solely on CO2. https://judithcurry.com/2013/04/10/historic-variations-in-arctic-sea-ice-part-ii-1920-1950/

Irrelevant. CO2 has absolutely no capability to warm the Earth.
James___ wrote:
And it's this warming of around Greenland that I was referring to. It seems I should have been saying narwhals. https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/06arctic/background/climate/climate.html

It is not possible to measure the temperature of Greenland.
James___ wrote:
Previous warming periods suggest that when the next cooling cycle is underway, then there will be a corresponding change in nature.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
James___ wrote:
You might find this interesting as well, https://news.osu.edu/current-melting-of-greenlands-ice-mimics-1920s-1940s-event/

Greenland's ice is not melting.

The Parrot Killer

06-11-2021 10:06
(21612)
S@ve0ur3arth wrote:
Fair is to say that we are all feeling the effects of climate change. This has been the hottest summer I've felt yet! We break that record year after year...

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
S@ve0ur3arth wrote:
Small changes in our lifestyle can help. I believe in you!

Help what? Define 'climate change'. Define 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

06-11-2021 18:42
(14430)
S@ve0ur3arth wrote:Fair is to say that we are all feeling the effects of climate change.

The global climate has not changed whatsoever during my lifetime. There is nothing to feel.

S@ve0ur3arth wrote: This has been the hottest summer I've felt yet!

What does your growing sensitivity to heat have to do with global weather? Perhaps you are just getting old.

S@ve0ur3arth wrote:Small changes in our lifestyle can help.

Do you mean like spending less and saving some money?

S@ve0ur3arth wrote: I believe in you!

Are you saying that you believe I exist? Are you saying that you believe that I am real? Do you believe that I am active in your life?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-11-2021 23:05
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
S@ve0ur3arth wrote:Fair is to say that we are all feeling the effects of climate change.

The global climate has not changed whatsoever during my lifetime. There is nothing to feel.

What does your growing sensitivity to heat have to do with global weather? Perhaps you are just getting old.

Are you saying that you believe I exist? Are you saying that you believe that I am real? Do you believe that I am active in your life?

Global climate? Doesn't that imply climate that is shared by the entire planet? We rarely get ice or snow around my part of the planet. Although, we did get struck with a little Norwegian Jet Stream, and it's been freezing cold (low 60s F) all day. I had thought about putting on long pants, maybe a shirt, but got too busy to get around to it. First wave of climate change this winter wasn't too bad... Wish those damn Norwegians would plug that ozone hole, so the rest of use don't have to 'enjoy' their unpleasant climate every year. Global warming is BS...
06-11-2021 23:59
(14430)
HarveyH55 wrote:Global climate?

Yep. When the context is the earth, that's the only possible meaning when the article "the" is used, i.e. the climate.

07-11-2021 01:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Global climate? Doesn't that imply climate that is shared by the entire planet? We rarely get ice or snow around my part of the planet. Although, we did get struck with a little Norwegian Jet Stream, and it's been freezing cold (low 60s F) all day. I had thought about putting on long pants, maybe a shirt, but got too busy to get around to it. First wave of climate change this winter wasn't too bad... Wish those damn Norwegians would plug that ozone hole, so the rest of use don't have to 'enjoy' their unpleasant climate every year. Global warming is BS...

Some good news Harvey. They say that the last time it got below freezing this early in the year in Kentucky, we had a Norwegian winter. Look on the bright side, the more crops that freeze in Florida, the fewer migrant workers will be there.
And that's good for Florida!!!

p.s., just had a project that I encouraged someone to pursue. Just needed to make sure they had the information that they needed. Sell short on citrus.
07-11-2021 02:10
(14430)
James___ wrote:Sell short on citrus.

Should I take the long position on Florida snowmobiles? How about I create "Miami Ice" brand ice skates? What do you think?

Attached image:

07-11-2021 02:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Sell short on citrus.

Should I take the long position on Florida snowmobiles? How about I create "Miami Ice" brand ice skates? What do you think?

If you buy short on citrus, then when crops fail you will profit.

From Google; https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp
Edited on 07-11-2021 02:22
07-11-2021 02:39
(14430)

James___ wrote: If you buy short on citrus, then when crops fail you will profit.

I understand the short position vs the long position. I understand the concept of "selling short" and the term is actually redundant. Someone taking the short position on something believes its price will go down and will therefore move to sell it. "Selling short" is the act of selling something under the belief that its price will decrease.

You don't need Google when you have me available. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

07-11-2021 03:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

James___ wrote: If you buy short on citrus, then when crops fail you will profit.

I understand the short position vs the long position. I understand the concept of "selling short" and the term is actually redundant. Someone taking the short position on something believes its price will go down and will therefore move to sell it. "Selling short" is the act of selling something under the belief that its price will decrease.

You don't need Google when you have me available. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

So you and Goodle agree? Interesting. And how exactly does losing money make money?

Sorry ya'all. Living in Kentucky where my Ma was from and a cold winter being expected in the southeast, something made America great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNB5OLUPM0
Edited on 07-11-2021 03:19
07-11-2021 04:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
An FYI, how to make videos with your cat. Cat do it? What you need to know is in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29BO4UR2mc

Then again, if you don't have the time to learn.......

p.s., I've been letting people know that between needing surgery and the Holidays, I need to give things a rest (arrested?) until early next year.

And some Mean Mary for ya'alls; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxn638vb8lw Some things are worth living for.
Edited on 07-11-2021 04:50
07-11-2021 04:47
(14430)
James___ wrote:So you and Goodle agree?

On occasion, Google listens to me.

James___ wrote:Interesting. And how exactly does losing money make money?

... when your loss is my gain.

If you and I are both speculators and you and I disagree on whether something is going to increase in price or decrease in price then one of us will be making money while the other loses.

Let's say that I believe widgets are going to decrease in price whereas you believe they will increase. I sell you my widget for $100 because I believe the price will decrease and you buy it because you believe the price will "moon". I now have $100 of your dollars and you have my widget. Let's say the price plummets as I correctly anticipated, down to $50. You need cash so you go to the local flea market to sell your widget for $50, leaving you with half of what you originally had. Coincidentally, I am the one buying my widget back from you at the open market for $50 and I end up with one widget like before but now with an additional $50.

Your loss is my gain. I sold short when you mistakenly took the long position.

That's why you should listen to me.

07-11-2021 05:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You shouldn't say that selling short is allowing for a fictional market. You buy at a depressed value that you create and sell at a higher value that you manipulate. It's all a slight of hand.
07-11-2021 06:31
(21612)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

So you and Goodle agree? Interesting. And how exactly does losing money make money?

He just described it. RQAA.

Whether you go long or short, you still sell high and buy low.

The Parrot Killer

07-11-2021 06:51
(21612)
James___ wrote:
You shouldn't say that selling short is allowing for a fictional market. You buy at a depressed value that you create and sell at a higher value that you manipulate. It's all a slight of hand.

No sleight of hand needed. No manipulation needed.

The Parrot Killer

07-11-2021 07:19
(14430)
Into the Night wrote:Whether you go long or short, you still sell high and buy low.

Yep. When selling short, you simply reverse the order.

09-06-2022 01:33
platoonseaflyclimate
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
The most seen effect of climate change is the unusual catastrophic events we are experiencing such as floods that are way too high, extreme drought, etc. and I think we all can relate to it.
09-06-2022 02:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
The most seen effect of climate change is the unusual catastrophic events we are experiencing such as floods that are way too high, extreme drought, etc. and I think we all can relate to it.

In your own words, what is climate change to you?

Yes, I have witnessed extreme weather events, but none are any different than anything else in recorded history. What are you seeing with your own eyes?

Careful here, I am not asking what you have been told to believe.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
09-06-2022 05:55
(21612)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:

Climate has no value associated with it. It cannot change. There is no such thing as a global climate.

The Parrot Killer

09-06-2022 07:36
(14430)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:The most seen effect of climate change is the unusual catastrophic events we are experiencing

The problem with your claim is that we aren't experiencing any unusual catastrophic events. All catastrophic events that we are facing are of the usual sort.

platoonseaflyclimate wrote:such as floods that are way too high,

All floods are "too high" by definition, otherwise they wouldn't be floods now, would they? I truly believe that floods have happened before, quite a large number of times, yes? They're totally usual.

platoonseaflyclimate wrote: extreme drought, etc.

There is only one type of drought, i.e. drought. There is no such thing as an "extreme" drought that somehow gets far less than the zero rain that is creating the normal, usual drought.

So, let me ask you, since GasGuzzler is clearly asleep at the wheel ... how does Climate Change cause both increased precipitation and decreased precipitation at the same time?

Is the global climate a sentient being that simply wants to punish humanity for its carbon sins and thus causes problems tailor-made for each area that is to receive punishment?

Also, can we presume that places that receive great weather are being rewarded by the global climate for not causing Climate Change?
10-06-2022 20:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
So, let me ask you, since GasGuzzler is clearly asleep at the wheel ... how does Climate Change cause both increased precipitation and decreased precipitation at the same time?

Nope. I was not asleep at the wheel. It was more of a distractive driving incident.

You see, I was surfing the internet, and I ran across someone making a claim that too much peanut butter can be deadly. I was frantically searching for any validity to his claim.

Sure enough, it seams to be true. Now I am terrified of CO2 AND peanut butter. I am lobbying congress now to tax the hell out of peanut butter and everything else that goes well with it.(bread, jelly, crackers, chicken and so much more) As was done with climate, we cannot just kick the can down the road until we have and emergency. The time to save millions of lives is now!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 10-06-2022 20:52
10-06-2022 23:46
(14430)
GasGuzzler wrote: Nope. I was not asleep at the wheel.

Oh, were you sleeping in the back seat?

GasGuzzler wrote:You see, I was surfing the internet, and I ran across someone making a claim that too much peanut butter can be deadly.

I read that too! Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.

Personally, though, I think there might be some chicanery going on with the numbers. The peanut butter data wasn't taken from Mauna Loa, so you have your first clue right there that something isn't quite right. Secondly, there wasn't any mention of natural culinary forcings. Infant deaths have been on a warming trend since the last ice age; it can't possibly be the case that one isn't a factor in the other.

Lastly, follow the money. The "contributors" to that periodical are all producers of fossil foods. They don't care if babies are causing Diaper Change, nor do they care if babies' temperature increases by wrapping them in a blanket that re-radiates 50% energy back to them.

They just don't care. That's why I'm not putting too much stock in that article.
Attached image:

16-08-2023 17:05
kck73015
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Check out Aria Earth! It's a great company that provides instant solution to climate change with simplest effort.
16-08-2023 20:33
(14430)
kck73015 wrote:Check out Aria Earth! It's a great company that provides instant solution to climate change with simplest effort.

This one is an eye-roller. The idea is that you set up a regular (automatic) payment plan and just forget about it, secure in the knowledge that your "subscription" is saving the planet. Aria Earth brings great convenience to reducing/eliminating climate change.

Our Vision.
Aria Earth is dedicated to leave the world better than we found it. Our goal is to make it as simple as possible for anyone on Earth to contribute to the creation and sustenance of a better future for our children and the planet.

From the moment that your first payment is deducted from your account, you will bask in the warm glow of knowing that your money is hard at work, planting indigenous trees wherever our planet needs carbon-sequestration the most. You will have hope strengthened that our planet will survive the increasingly frequent and severe forest fires brought about by climate change. Your faith will be restored that our trees, our saviors of nature, will be able to absorb the additional onslaught of CO2 threatening our world.

Our Mission.
Our mission is to enable sustainable systems to be massively scalable and generate the largest environmental benefits possible. We are dedicated to leaving the world better than we found it.

As a bonus to humanity, Aria Earth will also put your automatic subscription to work protecting and preserving the world's most vulnerable species, creating a world where they can thrive once again. I don't know why we all haven't joined yet.
17-08-2023 08:19
(5197)
Wonder if they are planting trees, based on which species produce the most/best wildfire fuel?

I'm not a fan of auto-pay anything. I want the bill in hand, before I hand over the cash. Suppose the water, or electric company over-charges, big time, thousands of dollars? If it's more than what's in you account, you get banks for it, and every other auto-pay that tries to draw from your insufficient funds. Risk late fees, while you waste hours/days getting everything resolved. Auto-renew subscription aren't new, and usually a bitch to shut off.

Join the debate Climate change - effects, impact and solutions:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Top Entities Only Want To Steal New Ideas Solutions, Do Not Want To Buy It203-12-2023 21:07
The Correct Public Strategy Solutions For The Climate Change Problem103-11-2022 20:09
People Must Start New Project To Share Solutions To End The COVID Event, Blaming Do Not Help221-11-2021 04:49
Impactful individual-level solutions towards carbon footprint reduction3119-10-2021 22:25
Industrial solutions7214-08-2021 01:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact