Remember me
▼ Content

Alpine tundra releases long-frozen CO2 to the atmosphere, exacerbating climate warming

Alpine tundra releases long-frozen CO2 to the atmosphere, exacerbating climate warming21-03-2019 16:52
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-03/uoca-atr032019.php
21-03-2019 17:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Boy, you ARE digging up some old crap. Did you know that CO2 doesn't freeze at the temperatures found in Alaska or Siberia?
21-03-2019 19:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Tai, if you remember trafn from the good ol' days, this was his thing. In fact, he wrote a book describing doomsday caused by M2C2 as he wrote it (man-made climate change).

His premise is that we have already unleashed "runaway global warming" that is already "beyond the tipping point" (which apparently started at Spindletop) which will melt polar ice, release mass amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere, exacerbate global warming, melt even more polar ice, release even more CO2, etc.. until there is no more polar ice weighing down the tectonic plates thus causing them to jettison towards the sky and some other things that sounded physically impossible.

Anyway, if you want to read the book before the movie comes out, you can order it at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Bursting-Atmosphere-what-happens-falls/dp/1502452448

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-03-2019 01:58
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

CO2 has a freezing point of -78.5 degrees centigrade. Temperatures of this nature HAVE been measured at the south pole on VERY rare occasions. This has NEVER occurred on the Alaskan Tundra. Even during the Ice Age the deep ice sheets insolated the tundra and it kept the ground temperature well above that level.
22-03-2019 02:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
What about all that CO2 trapped in the ice core samples. 0.04% of the atmosphere seems like a tiny amount, which the IPCC is very clear, is cause the destruction of the planet. Even tiny little bubbles are going to make a huge difference, just look at the hockey-stick graph. I'm almost afraid to pop the top off a cold beer, I can almost feel the global temperature increase slightly...
22-03-2019 04:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Wake wrote:
CO2 has a freezing point of -78.5 degrees centigrade. Temperatures of this nature HAVE been measured at the south pole on VERY rare occasions. This has NEVER occurred on the Alaskan Tundra. Even during the Ice Age the deep ice sheets insolated the tundra and it kept the ground temperature well above that level.

I'm going to call BS on your claim that you know this to be true. I say you just made that up.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Alpine tundra releases long-frozen CO2 to the atmosphere, exacerbating climate warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Layers of the Atmosphere as Viewed in Blue2227-01-2024 23:16
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
upper atmosphere temp21207-10-2023 19:02
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact