Remember me
▼ Content

A personal experience for climate change deniers

Page 6 of 6<<<456
23-09-2023 17:39
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I've explained many of the visible indications of Heaven's glass with you in other posts over the years.

Nope. You have explained the visibility of other things but claimed they were somehow evidence of a planetary glass enclosure that remains totally invisible. It's that invisibility that you have never explained.

Spongy Iris wrote: The unique blue color of most of the sky which doesn't match the color of the earths atmospheric oxygen.

Nope. That's the sky which exactly matches the color it should be. This, in no way, shape or form, explains the invisibility that a planetary glass enclosure should not have.

Clean, transparent glass that is curved will always be clearly visible.

Spongy Iris wrote:The yellow sky at the horizon at sunset. The white sky at the horizon when the sun is high.

Nope. Those are atmospherics that are visible and does not explain the invisibility of your glass.

Here is the color that charged air on Earth makes. This picture was taken of the air around a transformer explosion.

Here is the color of the sky when sunlight hits Heaven.

The reason earth's air charges as a cyan color is because it is mostly nitrogen and some oxygen.

Heaven's air looks like it's pretty much all oxygen, inside 2 layers of glass, at around 60 and 90 miles, and is a purer blue.

Edited on 23-09-2023 18:18
23-09-2023 17:52
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

[quote][b]Spongy Iris wrote:
The disc of the moon behind it's reflection doesn't align with its reflection.

What reflection?

Spongy Iris wrote: The double sun in my signature.

That's the effect of the lens of the camera that took the picture and the angle of the photo. The photo itself was probably taken from behind a layer of glass, e.g. a sliding glass door.

Check out this pic:

See how the crescent moon doesn't align with the circle behind it?

Looks like it's always a new moon in Heaven.

This effect is the same as my signature. The 2 reflections on the top and bottom of Heaven don't line up. The relection on the top of Heaven is so dim it can barely be perceived, like a new moon.

Also, I took the double sun pic outdoors, not behind any glass other than Heaven. Here's the original before zooming in.

Edited on 23-09-2023 18:28
23-09-2023 18:13
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

[quote]Spongy Iris wrote: The artifact that shows up on camera lens when you photograph the sun at an indirect angle.

That's called a lens flare. It too is well understood and is a feature in most graphics packages. Anyway, the name tells you that it is an effect of the lens.

This is from Photoshop Essentials:

This is from a GIMP tutorial on lens flares:

You really should learn the difference between a lens flare and an artifact on the lens. I have just the picture to help you.

Please notice, this picture shows:

- The sun (actually it's reflection on Heaven)

- An artifact on the lens

- 2 different lens flares, around both the sun and the artifact

It is very easy to capture an artifact on the lens. Simply point the camera at an indirect angle toward the sun.

You can also capture the same effect with an incandescent light bulb:

Please notice the upside down green V shape. That artifact on the lens shows the filament that burns to make light. That light then reflects on the glass around it, much like the sun reflects on heaven's glass.

Edited on 23-09-2023 18:32
23-09-2023 18:22
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

The Libyan glass fields indicating the sky did fall in the ancient past.

Nope. Glass falling from the altitude you specify will burn up on reentry. The Libyan glass fields show you what happens when lightning strikes in the desert.

The glass in Libyan fields was not made from the Libyan desert sand. Heaven's glass has much less iron content than Libyan desert sand.

Edited on 23-09-2023 18:34
23-09-2023 18:47
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:I've explained many of the visible indications of Heaven's glass with you in other posts over the years.

Nope. You have explained the visibility of other things but claimed they were somehow evidence of a planetary glass enclosure that remains totally invisible. It's that invisibility that you have never explained.

Spongy Iris wrote: The unique blue color of most of the sky which doesn't match the color of the earths atmospheric oxygen.

Nope. That's the sky which exactly matches the color it should be. This, in no way, shape or form, explains the invisibility that a planetary glass enclosure should not have.

Clean, transparent glass that is curved will always be clearly visible.

Spongy Iris wrote:The yellow sky at the horizon at sunset. The white sky at the horizon when the sun is high.

Nope. Those are atmospherics that are visible and does not explain the invisibility of your glass

Also, you completely ignored my earlier question in this thread. Why is the sky yellow in this pic, taken from about 50 miles high?

23-09-2023 19:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

What reflection?

That's the effect of the lens of the camera that took the picture and the angle of the photo. The photo itself was probably taken from behind a layer of glass, e.g. a sliding glass door.

Check out this pic:

This effect is the same as my signature. The 2 reflections on the top and bottom of Heaven don't line up. The relection on the top of Heaven is so dim it can barely be perceived, like a new moon.

Also, I took the double sun pic outdoors, not behind any glass other than Heaven. Here's the original before zooming in.

Now that one is easy... It's the reflection off the powerline. Transmission lines aren't insulated. Go inspect the spot in the photo, should see a metal band around the cable at that same place, as in the photo. Probably wouldn't need to go to that exact pole either, should be common.
24-09-2023 01:26
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

What reflection?

Check out this pic:

Now that one is easy... It's the reflection off the powerline. Transmission lines aren't insulated. Go inspect the spot in the photo, should see a metal band around the cable at that same place, as in the photo. Probably wouldn't need to go to that exact pole either, should be common.

Are we talking about Sunstones and Vikings navigating the seas?
https://www.livescience.com/27696-viking-sunstone-shipwreck.html
And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpR2v98qZGE

Yep, crossed the Atlantic Ocean on a ship at 4 so I could fish in the Fjords of Norway. Never to young to learn how to be a Viking I say!
25-09-2023 00:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote:That was taken from an amateur rocket that had just broken in half. It was falling and spinning around. I'm guessing it was about 50 miles high.

It was less than 50 miles, but that's irrelevant.

Spongy Iris wrote: Just before the white reflection of the sun was about enter into the camera view, you can see the light shining through Heaven, which caused the yellow hue of this picture. The false view as to why the sky appears yellow at sunset, is that the light is passing through more atmosphere, and this somehow changes the light from blue to yellow.

Too funny. The sky around the sun appears yellow and orange because of the sun.

Spongy Iris wrote: But there is no air 50 miles high. So why did the sky appear yellow in this picture?

That wasn't any sky appearing yellow. It was sunlight/glare reflecting off the rocket's shiny surface.

You still haven't explained how your glass is totally invisible. Glass is visible, especially curved glass, yet you have no images of this glass. None. You only have images of other things, mostly blurry things, that you claim are proof of Bigfoot.

Can we jump to your images of this glass and of these needles? If not, why do you believe in this glass? You already know that the glass in the Libyan desert are fulgurites caused by lightning (and there are easy ways to verify this). You already know that every single light/lumination effect you have shown is just that, a light/lumination effect, some of which have atmospheric factors. Do you believe in the Loch Ness monster? The Chupacabra? Nobody has any clear images of them either. Why believe in invisible planetary-sized glass orbs?
Attached image:

25-09-2023 00:46
(14442)
HarveyH55 wrote:Now that one is easy... It's the reflection off the powerline. Transmission lines aren't insulated. Go inspect the spot in the photo, should see a metal band around the cable at that same place, as in the photo. Probably wouldn't need to go to that exact pole either, should be common.

Harvey, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you take (and post here or PM them to me) two photos, from a mounted camera (i.e. camera position and angle fixed and cannot move/shift/adjust), of a setting such as this one:

... whereby nothing moves, all cars are parked and won't move ... and no birds or animals. The two photos are to be taken about six to eight minutes apart with only the sun (or moon) moving, i.e. the pictures will be nearly identical with the only differences being the position of the sun/moon in the sky and the shadows on the ground. If you could do that, I'll create some more Spongy Iris proof-of-glass.
25-09-2023 01:16
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote:Check out this pic:

You are absolutely correct. I reexamined the image of the moon I posted and the crescent does not align with the circle of the moon behind it.

It totally stand corrected.
Attached image:

25-09-2023 01:27
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote:Here is the color that charged air on Earth makes. This picture was taken of the air around a transformer explosion.

The reason earth's air charges as a cyan color is because it is mostly nitrogen and some oxygen.

Your argument makes a lot of sense, especially considering that the sky is only one homogenous color without any color gradients or atmospheric factors.
25-09-2023 02:38
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Now that one is easy... It's the reflection off the powerline. Transmission lines aren't insulated. Go inspect the spot in the photo, should see a metal band around the cable at that same place, as in the photo. Probably wouldn't need to go to that exact pole either, should be common.

Harvey, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you take (and post here or PM them to me) two photos, from a mounted camera (i.e. camera position and angle fixed and cannot move/shift/adjust), of a setting such as this one:

... whereby nothing moves, all cars are parked and won't move ... and no birds or animals. The two photos are to be taken about six to eight minutes apart with only the sun (or moon) moving, i.e. the pictures will be nearly identical with the only differences being the position of the sun/moon in the sky and the shadows on the ground. If you could do that, I'll create some more Spongy Iris proof-of-glass.

Kind of tough around here. Power lines run down back alleys. Too many trees in mine, kind of narrow. Flat land too, maybe pull something off, from the roof of my house. 10 days into a broken toe, not sure about climbing a ladder just yet. Might take a few tries to get the sun in it. Really haven't witnessed the glass-effect.
25-09-2023 03:13
(14442)
HarveyH55 wrote:Kind of tough around here.

Well, if you can't, you can't. I totally get it.

If the opportunity presents itself someday, we can do it then.

HarveyH55 wrote:10 days into a broken toe, not sure about climbing a ladder just yet.

I warned you about kickboxing with sabal palmettos.

HarveyH55 wrote: Might take a few tries to get the sun in it.

... or the moon. We can even do one with an airplane, but you'll have to take two very quick pictures in rapid succession.

HarveyH55 wrote: Really haven't witnessed the glass-effect.

Leave that to me.
26-09-2023 23:41
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

You miscible (imbecile) is the property of two substances to mix in all proportions (that is, to fully dissolve in each other at any concentration), forming a homogeneous mixture (a solution).
It's also possible it is an actual picture they took yet they have not said how they took the picture. If they say that is a picture they took with their camera then that is a true statement.
27-09-2023 02:39
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:Kind of tough around here.

Well, if you can't, you can't. I totally get it.

If the opportunity presents itself someday, we can do it then.

HarveyH55 wrote:10 days into a broken toe, not sure about climbing a ladder just yet.

I warned you about kickboxing with sabal palmettos.

HarveyH55 wrote: Might take a few tries to get the sun in it.

... or the moon. We can even do one with an airplane, but you'll have to take two very quick pictures in rapid succession.

HarveyH55 wrote: Really haven't witnessed the glass-effect.

Leave that to me.

You need the bright light near the power line... I do time lapse videos, but have a similar interval timer option that takes individual frames. Haven't had need to mess with it, since I wanted video. Thinking about just setting up the camera, and let shoot. Then see if anything useful comes out. I really have a bad alley way for this. My side is residential, opposite is commercial. Bigger buildings, and lot of lighting at night.
27-09-2023 05:39
(14442)
HarveyH55 wrote:You need the bright light near the power line... I do time lapse videos, but have a similar interval timer option that takes individual frames. Haven't had need to mess with it, since I wanted video. Thinking about just setting up the camera, and let shoot. Then see if anything useful comes out. I really have a bad alley way for this. My side is residential, opposite is commercial. Bigger buildings, and lot of lighting at night.

I don't need the sun/moon/plane to be near power lines. I just need two images of it in different but close positions in the sky with nothing/very little else having moved.
28-09-2023 08:09
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

What reflection?

Check out this pic:

I'm planning to return to that street corner the first clear afternoon close to Nov. 10th to take that pic from the same spot and time. I doubt I will get a smoky afternoon with a dim sun though.

For now I will just say...

Even if that power line is reflective, with the sun being directly behind it, straight ahead, and very dimmed, your unlikely to see any reflection.

Even if it was shiny metal tube, with a perfectly clear sky, the best reflection you could get at that angle, off a shiny metal tube, is some shimmer around the edge. You're not going to see a twin reflection of the sun off of it.

Edited on 28-09-2023 08:25
28-09-2023 08:13
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Here is the color that charged air on Earth makes. This picture was taken of the air around a transformer explosion.

Your argument makes a lot of sense, especially considering that the sky is only one homogenous color without any color gradients or atmospheric factors.

Actually that transformer explosion happened on a cloudy night. Clouds block the blue sky, which should tell you the blue light is being projected from behind the clouds.

28-09-2023 08:18
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:That was taken from an amateur rocket that had just broken in half. It was falling and spinning around. I'm guessing it was about 50 miles high.

Spongy Iris wrote: Just before the white reflection of the sun was about enter into the camera view, you can see the light shining through Heaven, which caused the yellow hue of this picture. The false view as to why the sky appears yellow at sunset, is that the light is passing through more atmosphere, and this somehow changes the light from blue to yellow.

Spongy Iris wrote: But there is no air 50 miles high. So why did the sky appear yellow in this picture?

That wasn't any sky appearing yellow. It was sunlight/glare reflecting off the rocket's shiny surface.

You still haven't explained how your glass is totally invisible. Glass is visible, especially curved glass, yet you have no images of this glass. None. You only have images of other things, mostly blurry things, that you claim are proof of Bigfoot.

Can we jump to your images of this glass and of these needles? If not, why do you believe in this glass? You already know that the glass in the Libyan desert are fulgurites caused by lightning (and there are easy ways to verify this). You already know that every single light/lumination effect you have shown is just that, a light/lumination effect, some of which have atmospheric factors. Do you believe in the Loch Ness monster? The Chupacabra? Nobody has any clear images of them either. Why believe in invisible planetary-sized glass orbs?

Sunlight is white.

The yellow light is usually said to be an atmospheric effect.

My question is, since there is no air in space, what atmosphere is sunlight passing through to shine yellow?

28-09-2023 08:24
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:

Even if your theory is astoundingly correct, that lightning struck the desert across an oval shaped 130 by 50 km, and made thousands of tonnes of the purest glass known man, please explain why the iron content of the glass is so much lower than the iron content of the desert sand?

28-09-2023 16:50
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote:Even if your theory is astoundingly correct, that lightning struck the desert across an oval shaped 130 by 50 km, and made thousands of tonnes of the purest glass known man, please explain why the iron content of the glass is so much lower than the iron content of the desert sand?

1. You still haven't explained why you believe there is an orb of invisible glass surrounding the earth that you acknowledge believing is invisible.
2. We're not talking about one single lightning strike. We're talking about many countless lightning strikes occurring throughout the region throughout the ages and eons.
3. You have been misled about the purity of the Libyan fulgurites. I invite you to search on images of Libyan fulgurites and see that the clearest of them are only translucent. Most have regular sand mixed in with the melted sand, as one would expect.
4. There is no other glass in the Libyan deserts beyond the fulgurites.
5. You have been misled about the chemical composition of the Libyan sand vs. the Libyan fulgurites. Once you look at the images, this will become completely clear.
6. Absolutely none of the Libyan desert glass is invisible. The images will bear this out.
7. You still haven't explained why you believe there is an orb of invisible glass surrounding the earth that you acknowledge believing is invisible.
28-09-2023 17:00
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Even if your theory is astoundingly correct, that lightning struck the desert across an oval shaped 130 by 50 km, and made thousands of tonnes of the purest glass known man, please explain why the iron content of the glass is so much lower than the iron content of the desert sand?

1. You still haven't explained why you believe there is an orb of invisible glass surrounding the earth that you acknowledge believing is invisible.
2. We're not talking about one single lightning strike. We're talking about many countless lightning strikes occurring throughout the region throughout the ages and eons.
3. You have been misled about the purity of the Libyan fulgurites. I invite you to search on images of Libyan fulgurites and see that the clearest of them are only translucent. Most have regular sand mixed in with the melted sand, as one would expect.
5. You have been misled about the chemical composition of the Libyan sand vs. the Libyan fulgurites. Once you look at the images, this will become completely clear.
6. Absolutely none of the Libyan desert glass is invisible. The images will bear this out.
7. You still haven't explained why you believe there is an orb of invisible glass surrounding the earth that you acknowledge believing is invisible.

You are the one evading my questions.

Why is the sky yellow in space about 50 miles up when white sunlight shines on it, if there is nothing there?

Why is the Libyan desert sand a higher iron composition than the Libyan glass?

Why is the sky blue, and not cyan?

What causes an artifact on a camera lens?

What causes the double sun in my signature?

Edited on 28-09-2023 17:03
28-09-2023 18:39
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote: You are the one evading my questions.

Nope. The opposite is true. I answered every single question you asked while you continue to EVADE all of mine.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the sky yellow in space about 50 miles up when white sunlight shines on it, if there is nothing there?

You are guilty of attempting to build your conclusion into your question, which does not align with the content of the video. It is not the sky that is yellow. It is the rocket's shiny surface that glows bright with glare from the sunlight. There was no yellow sky. There was only intense glare from the sun off the rocket. The color of the light is a combined effect of the color of the rocket's surface and the color of the sunlight.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the Libyan desert sand a higher iron composition than the Libyan glass?

You are guilty of revising history/reality in the wording of your question. You did not perform any chemical analysis on the Libyan desert glass; if you had you would realize that you were misled. There is no difference in chemical composition save the result of the lightning. All of the Libyan glass was previously just the sand that is mixed in with the glass. Your gullibility in being misled will not change the reality of the fulgurites, no matter how many times you ask.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the sky blue, and not cyan?

Why do you believe that the sky is only one color? You are guilty of asking about something that is obviously false.

By the way, the sky is the color that it is from scattering.

Spongy Iris wrote: What causes an artifact on a camera lens?

The list is too long to write here in this thread. Almost anything can cause an artifact. Are you under the impression that there is only one cause?

Spongy Iris wrote: What causes the double sun in my signature?

Wrong question. The correct question is "Why do you believe that a planet-sized orb of invisible glass enclosing the earth is the only way to produce such a cheezy image?" I can make that image in GIMP; I reconstructed it to make the credit card graphic that gave you heartburn. I can make it from two time-delay photographs. I can recreate that effect using sliding glass doors and curved glass virtually anywhere.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that glass that is invisible (that doesn't affect light in any way) nonetheless is visible and is affecting light in that way. Your claim is a contradiction. If you are insisting that a planetary glass enclosure is affecting light to that extent, you are insisting that it is not invisible, and you need to explain why it cannot be seen when it is so very visible as you insist.

So would you please answer my question as to why you believe in a planetary enclosure of glass that is so clearly visible and that is totally invisible? I don't see why you can't also answer my question while you ask more of you own.
28-09-2023 18:51
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
IBdaMann wrote:

nnaMadBI, I think you have things backwards. Правильно! Я некогда не буду быть зрозуміти вас. Why does glass in one area of the desert have a higher iron content? https://www.nasa.gov/feature/115-years-ago-the-tunguska-asteroid-impact-event
See how easy that was nnaMadBI?
And as for
there is an orb of invisible glass surrounding the earth

Another easily understood aspect of the Earth and events "surrounding" the Earth's history; https://skybrary.aero/articles/tropopause
Anvil clouds are formed by an invisible barrier that surrounds the Earth trapping the "heat" in those clouds (gasses) in the troposphere.

@spongy iris, with respect to your double image. If you look at an object in water that extends out of it, it seems to shift and be 2 different objects, one in the water and one out of the water. It is possible that your camera captured the image on each side of the pane of glass that you took your picture through.
This gets into a prism and when we look at the Sun through glass, we see the light in the direction that we're looking. At night, turn on the headlights on your car and then walk around it. If you're walking perpendicular to the path of your headlights away from your car, you won't see any light unless it's refracted (reflected) off of something.
Attached image:

Edited on 28-09-2023 19:02
28-09-2023 20:17
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote: You are the one evading my questions.

Nope. The opposite is true. I answered every single question you asked while you continue to EVADE all of mine.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the sky yellow in space about 50 miles up when white sunlight shines on it, if there is nothing there?

You are guilty of attempting to build your conclusion into your question, which does not align with the content of the video. It is not the sky that is yellow. It is the rocket's shiny surface that glows bright with glare from the sunlight. There was no yellow sky. There was only intense glare from the sun off the rocket. The color of the light is a combined effect of the color of the rocket's surface and the color of the sunlight.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the Libyan desert sand a higher iron composition than the Libyan glass?

You are guilty of revising history/reality in the wording of your question. You did not perform any chemical analysis on the Libyan desert glass; if you had you would realize that you were misled. There is no difference in chemical composition save the result of the lightning. All of the Libyan glass was previously just the sand that is mixed in with the glass. Your gullibility in being misled will not change the reality of the fulgurites, no matter how many times you ask.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why is the sky blue, and not cyan?

Why do you believe that the sky is only one color? You are guilty of asking about something that is obviously false.

By the way, the sky is the color that it is from scattering.

Spongy Iris wrote: What causes an artifact on a camera lens?

The list is too long to write here in this thread. Almost anything can cause an artifact. Are you under the impression that there is only one cause?

Spongy Iris wrote: What causes the double sun in my signature?

Wrong question. The correct question is "Why do you believe that a planet-sized orb of invisible glass enclosing the earth is the only way to produce such a cheezy image?" I can make that image in GIMP; I reconstructed it to make the credit card graphic that gave you heartburn. I can make it from two time-delay photographs. I can recreate that effect using sliding glass doors and curved glass virtually anywhere.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that glass that is invisible (that doesn't affect light in any way) nonetheless is visible and is affecting light in that way. Your claim is a contradiction. If you are insisting that a planetary glass enclosure is affecting light to that extent, you are insisting that it is not invisible, and you need to explain why it cannot be seen when it is so very visible as you insist.

So would you please answer my question as to why you believe in a planetary enclosure of glass that is so clearly visible and that is totally invisible? I don't see why you can't also answer my question while you ask more of you own.

The rocket is not yellow. It is gray. Here is the video again.

https://youtu.be/001IXnp0ogc?si=kq-7qnvssYlfSZEa

Why would white sunlight reflecting off a gray rocket be yellow?

As for the rest of your commentary.

I have noted that you cannot accept the results analyzing the different iron contents of Libyan sand, and fields of glass in Libya.

I have noted you cannot accept the sky is blue and not cyan.

I have noted you cannot tell the difference between lens flares, reflections of sunlight off dust, and an artifact of the lens.

I have noted you like to manipulate images, but all I did was take a picture of the sun dimmed by smoke in the air, at a slightly indirect angle.

Did you want to have a serious debate, or do you want to keep goofing off?

28-09-2023 20:40
(1643)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

nnaMadBI, I think you have things backwards. Правильно! Я некогда не буду быть зрозуміти вас. Why does glass in one area of the desert have a higher iron content? https://www.nasa.gov/feature/115-years-ago-the-tunguska-asteroid-impact-event
And as for

Another easily understood aspect of the Earth and events "surrounding" the Earth's history; https://skybrary.aero/articles/tropopause
Anvil clouds are formed by an invisible barrier that surrounds the Earth trapping the "heat" in those clouds (gasses) in the troposphere.

@spongy iris, with respect to your double image. If you look at an object in water that extends out of it, it seems to shift and be 2 different objects, one in the water and one out of the water. It is possible that your camera captured the image on each side of the pane of glass that you took your picture through.
This gets into a prism and when we look at the Sun through glass, we see the light in the direction that we're looking. At night, turn on the headlights on your car and then walk around it. If you're walking perpendicular to the path of your headlights away from your car, you won't see any light unless it's refracted (reflected) off of something.

I think the sun reflected off 2 layers of glass, not just the front and back of 1 layer. Two layers with space for oxygen in between them.

Your comment makes me wonder how bright an incandescent light bulb would be, if there was no glass around it, but if it was just the burning filament. I don't think the light would spread as far (aside from the point that it would be more of a fire hazard).

28-09-2023 21:14
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote: The rocket is not yellow. It is gray.

This is a distracting and irrelevant pivot. I wrote that the color of the light is a combined effect of the color of the rocket's surface and the color of the sunlight.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why would white sunlight reflecting off a gray rocket be yellow?

Why are you characterizing heavy yellow and orange as "white"? Anyway, when you combine the sunlight at that moment and at that angle with the color and reflectiveness of the rocket's surface, you get exactly what you see in the video.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted that you cannot accept the results analyzing the different iron contents of Libyan sand,

I have noted that you simply will not be honest enough to admit that you have not taken a portable kit to Libya and personally tested the chemical composition of any Libyan glass. You think that everyone else will simply accept what you say as TRUE despite it being obvious that you don't understand anything about the Libyan desert glass.

Further, I have noted that you are locked into a death-struggle to conceal your gullibility. You were told by someone to believe that Libyan desert sand is somehow very different compositionally from the Libyan desert glass ... and you OBEYED without performing your due diligence and independent research.

You can't justify your belief in invisible glass by demanding others explain something that's not true about glass that is not invisible.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you cannot accept the sky is blue and not cyan.

I have noted that you have relegated yourself to believing that the sky is only one color, even though it never is, anywhere.

I have also noted that you reject the science of scattering as one component in sky color. You officially deny science as well as deny what your own eyes see.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you cannot tell the difference between lens flares, reflections of sunlight off dust, and an artifact of the lens.

I can tell the difference. It has been you, every single time, who has pivoted to change the subject and EVADE whenever I ask you a question.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you like to manipulate images,

I find it relaxing.

Spongy Iris wrote: ... but all I did was take a picture of the sun dimmed by smoke in the air, at a slightly indirect angle.

You have to assume that no one will believe you, especially when you won't be forthright in answering questions and clarifying your position.

You are stuck in a contradictory position, i.e. you believe in totally invisible glass because of very visible aspects of that totally invisible glass. Your argument is completely contradictory and thus totally unbelievable. Yet when asked to clarify, you pivot, you make false statements and you attempt to shift the burden of proof onto those asking for clarification.

Spongy Iris wrote:Did you want to have a serious debate, or do you want to keep goofing off?

I never wanted a debate. I simply wanted you to explain why you believe what you believe. I can ask any Christian, for example, why he believes what he believes and get a rational answer that does not depend on obviously false statements. In your case, you will only respond with obviously false statements.

I'm happy to support your belief in whatever you wish. I was just looking for an explanation. That's all.
Edited on 28-09-2023 21:35
28-09-2023 23:43
(1643)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote: The rocket is not yellow. It is gray.

This is a distracting and irrelevant pivot. I wrote that the color of the light is a combined effect of the color of the rocket's surface and the color of the sunlight.

Spongy Iris wrote: Why would white sunlight reflecting off a gray rocket be yellow?

Why are you characterizing heavy yellow and orange as "white"? Anyway, when you combine the sunlight at that moment and at that angle with the color and reflectiveness of the rocket's surface, you get exactly what you see in the video.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted that you cannot accept the results analyzing the different iron contents of Libyan sand,

I have noted that you simply will not be honest enough to admit that you have not taken a portable kit to Libya and personally tested the chemical composition of any Libyan glass. You think that everyone else will simply accept what you say as TRUE despite it being obvious that you don't understand anything about the Libyan desert glass.

Further, I have noted that you are locked into a death-struggle to conceal your gullibility. You were told by someone to believe that Libyan desert sand is somehow very different compositionally from the Libyan desert glass ... and you OBEYED without performing your due diligence and independent research.

You can't justify your belief in invisible glass by demanding others explain something that's not true about glass that is not invisible.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you cannot accept the sky is blue and not cyan.

I have noted that you have relegated yourself to believing that the sky is only one color, even though it never is, anywhere.

I have also noted that you reject the science of scattering as one component in sky color. You officially deny science as well as deny what your own eyes see.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you cannot tell the difference between lens flares, reflections of sunlight off dust, and an artifact of the lens.

I can tell the difference. It has been you, every single time, who has pivoted to change the subject and EVADE whenever I ask you a question.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have noted you like to manipulate images,

I find it relaxing.

Spongy Iris wrote: ... but all I did was take a picture of the sun dimmed by smoke in the air, at a slightly indirect angle.

You have to assume that no one will believe you, especially when you won't be forthright in answering questions and clarifying your position.

You are stuck in a contradictory position, i.e. you believe in totally invisible glass because of very visible aspects of that totally invisible glass. Your argument is completely contradictory and thus totally unbelievable. Yet when asked to clarify, you pivot, you make false statements and you attempt to shift the burden of proof onto those asking for clarification.

Spongy Iris wrote:Did you want to have a serious debate, or do you want to keep goofing off?

I never wanted a debate. I simply wanted you to explain why you believe what you believe. I can ask any Christian, for example, why he believes what he believes and get a rational answer that does not depend on obviously false statements. In your case, you will only respond with obviously false statements.

I'm happy to support your belief in whatever you wish. I was just looking for an explanation. That's all.

I have further noted, you cannot accept sunlight is white.

Add that to the lengthy list of true observations you have denied which I have already summarized.

Feel free to keep goofing off. But I will be ignoring your comments going forward.

29-09-2023 03:44
(5197)
Libyan desert glass is not invisible, nor is it particularly clear either. Really not getting how if the glass shattered, and fell in the desert, how you could get a photo of something no longer there...

Don't recall anything the bible about the glass either. Can't be true, if it's not in the bible...

Cameras are everywhere these days. Why isn't the internet flooded with images documenting the phenomenon? The double image only appearing under just the right conditions would make it a challenge to master.
29-09-2023 04:00
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

And as for

I think the sun reflected off 2 layers of glass, not just the front and back of 1 layer. Two layers with space for oxygen in between them.

Your comment makes me wonder how bright an incandescent light bulb would be, if there was no glass around it, but if it was just the burning filament. I don't think the light would spread as far (aside from the point that it would be more of a fire hazard).

With some of what you said you are getting into Ohm's law. Other things you mention discuss Newton's work outside of gravity. What a camera observes is not what someone sees.
A pole sticking out from water cannot be 2 different objects yet that is what a person sees, 2 different poles. the water (a prism) shows one object by refracting light, and a person like your camera sees both objects.
29-09-2023 14:37
(14442)
Spongy Iris wrote:Feel free to keep goofing off. But I will be ignoring your comments going forward.

Your king is tipped. You could have just said that it's your faith, that you believe in invisible glass that is entirely visible when convenient. Your contradictory explanations involving false statements only serve to assign a value of FALSE to your belief.

I wish you luck with that.
Page 6 of 6<<<456

Join the debate A personal experience for climate change deniers:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
IBM quantum experience7213-09-2023 19:48
Is Edward Snowden a hero? Should all of your personal phone calls be recorded?4115-07-2023 20:36
The New International Personal Passport Will Be The Key For Society Evolution012-08-2022 09:51
There are some paid climate deniers in this forum to spread false information, ignore them13317-02-2020 07:16
Naomi Klein: 'Big Green Groups Are More Damaging Than Climate Deniers'313-08-2019 14:20
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact