What if?

Page 1 of 212>
What if?17-11-2023 18:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Federal Reserve, US Treasury.
National Debt, Federal deficit.

What if the US Treasury minted a thousand or more billion dollar coins and sold them to the fed? The fed would have to issue billions or trillions (depending on the number of billion dollar coins the Treasury sent over) in electronic money and send it to the Treasury. The treasury would then have the money to pay off the national debt. What if the treasury did this on a regular basis to manage the federal deficit.
17-11-2023 20:44
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Coins/currency are tokens, worth less than the value they represent. Creating money out of thin air, devaluates then what these tokens represent. Your favorite 3/$1.00 cat food brand would be 3/$10,000. You ever write a check, presuming your SS would be automatically deposited on a set day every month. But, it was late? The people who tried to cash your check, denied payment. You of course get to spend days straightening out the mess, begging over draft, and late fees waived. It isn't your fault, always the government screwing up. Except you knew you didn't actually have the money in the bank to cover that check when you wrote it.

America's money doesn't have any value, just the expectation of collecting enough revenue to cover the represented value.

Deficit spending is easy to manage. Just stick to the budget. We could pay off the debt, is we cut back on international charity. Well, charity all together. The government should be spending tax dollars on things the private sector should be. Biden is a total thief. He invests billions of dollars, in places the private sector had already invested, to get his name on it, and to 'speed things up'. Money can't speed up construction, or production. Biden is only passing out executive bonuses. Much like Obama did with banks and automakers. The main difference, is that Biden isn't buying shares in any of these companies, with our money. He only hopes they create jobs, and generate taxable profits. Which would have happened anyway.

Anything bought with American tax dollars, should be produced by American. Keep our money, in our economy, not China's.
17-11-2023 21:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Harvey,
That post is a bunch of exaggerations, one after another.

One thing though, if the us kept on budget then the economy would shrink greatly or if the they raised taxes to deal with the deficit, it would also shrink the economy greatly.
I don't think either of those possibilities would work. They would be good for global warming though.
17-11-2023 23:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

One thing though, if the us kept on budget then the economy would shrink greatly or if the they raised taxes to deal with the deficit, it would also shrink the economy greatly.
I don't think either of those possibilities would work. They would be good for global warming though.

And your post is a big worthless, what if.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 17-11-2023 23:19
17-11-2023 23:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Swan,
I was hoping someone would explain in a knowledgeable way why it wouldn't work.
18-11-2023 00:16
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Federal Reserve, US Treasury.
National Debt, Federal deficit.

What if the US Treasury minted a thousand or more billion dollar coins and sold them to the fed? The fed would have to issue billions or trillions (depending on the number of billion dollar coins the Treasury sent over) in electronic money and send it to the Treasury. The treasury would then have the money to pay off the national debt. What if the treasury did this on a regular basis to manage the federal deficit.

Can I imprint my image onto a metal disc, and use that to pay off my credit card debt? That's basically the same argument isn't it?

Edited on 18-11-2023 00:20
18-11-2023 00:25
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
I was hoping someone would explain in a knowledgeable way why it wouldn't work.

I was hoping someone would explain in a knowledgeable way why Taylor Swift and Mila Kunis don't get together and abduct me and use me as a shared sex toy?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

18-11-2023 00:27
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

If there is more money, but the same amount of goods and services, prices adjust higher.

If individuals can't keep up with their debt anymore, they can default, and then their debts are gone.

Edited on 18-11-2023 00:28
18-11-2023 00:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Spongy,
Just looking for the best way out of the problem. Sure, there's going to be some inflation. It's a big world. The dollars would spread out in a big "ocean". Other measures besides inflation will be needed though.
18-11-2023 00:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Spongy,
Just looking for the best way out of the problem. Sure, there's going to be some inflation. It's a big world. The dollars would spread out in a big "ocean". Other measures besides inflation will be needed though.

Elect Trump

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 01:09
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Spongy,

You're not really serious about making billion dollar coins to pay off debt are you?

More and more inflation will force more and more workers into default.

But not the gov, because they are above the law right, and can make coins to pay off their debt?

What kind of leadership is that?

18-11-2023 02:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:
Spongy,

You're not really serious about making billion dollar coins to pay off debt are you?

More and more inflation will force more and more workers into default.

But not the gov, because they are above the law right, and can make coins to pay off their debt?

What kind of leadership is that?

If he makes billion dollar coins who is going to maintain the glass panels around the Earth?

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 05:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

No it's not exaggeration.

What he's trying to tell you is that dollars must be backed with value. If dollars are created for people to spend while they sit on their asses for months with a sniffly covid nose, there is zero value in that and only inflation will result. We've seen it. We are living it. Can't get a drive through lunch for under $12.00 anymore. Shitty ground beef is $5 a lb. A fuking can of Easy Cheese is $5!

There is no fix except to stop spending but it will never happen. Real penny pinching pain for decades is what is needed. What president will bring needed pain to We the People? Not going to happen.

What is being set up is a total reset of the monetary system, but first the current system must be rendered useless and outdated. Nobody operates their personal finances like the federal gov. What you are witnessing is a intentional, calculated, and purposeful collapse of the united states and it's currency. A big reset is coming.

The reset will be a digital currency which will allow the federal gov to track your every purchase. Feds will also be able to allow or deny any purchase....if they don't like how you're living. Go ahead, keep up this climate change bullshit. Climate change is the ground work for total gov control.

PLEASE WAKE UP EVERYONE! LOOK AT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!

Does anything make sense anymore? Gender cannot be defined. Gas stoves are deadly. Parents have no say about their children. PTA attendees are terrorists but rioting is OK. All cars need to be electric when but we don't have the electricity to power 1/2 of these turds. 30 trillion fuking dollars in debt and we keep spending a trillion more than revenue every year.

None of this is makes sense or is sustainable, and the entire country must be reset.

You think I'm crazy>?! This very system is being played out in China now. It's working out great over there, trust me on this. If WWIII breaks out...better brush up on your Chinese. You gonna need it.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
18-11-2023 13:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

What he's trying to tell you is that dollars must be backed with value. If dollars are created for people to spend while they sit on their asses for months with a sniffly covid nose, there is zero value in that and only inflation will result. We've seen it. We are living it. Can't get a drive through lunch for under $12.00 anymore. Shitty ground beef is $5 a lb. A fuking can of Easy Cheese is $5!

There is no fix except to stop spending but it will never happen. Real penny pinching pain for decades is what is needed. What president will bring needed pain to We the People? Not going to happen.

What is being set up is a total reset of the monetary system, but first the current system must be rendered useless and outdated. Nobody operates their personal finances like the federal gov. What you are witnessing is a intentional, calculated, and purposeful collapse of the united states and it's currency. A big reset is coming.

The reset will be a digital currency which will allow the federal gov to track your every purchase. Feds will also be able to allow or deny any purchase....if they don't like how you're living. Go ahead, keep up this climate change bullshit. Climate change is the ground work for total gov control.

Does anything make sense anymore? Gender cannot be defined. Gas stoves are deadly. Parents have no say about their children. PTA attendees are terrorists but rioting is OK. All cars need to be electric when but we don't have the electricity to power 1/2 of these turds. 30 trillion fuking dollars in debt and we keep spending a trillion more than revenue every year.

None of this is makes sense or is sustainable, and the entire country must be reset.

You think I'm crazy>?! This very system is being played out in China now. It's working out great over there, trust me on this. If WWIII breaks out...better brush up on your Chinese. You gonna need it.

China is starving and bankrupt, if WW3 breaks out 500,000,000 chinks will starve to death or live by eating each other

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 17:15
(5197)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

I think the goal is a one party, one world government. A global dictatorship. Won't float, since it only appeals to a small niche of the wealthy. Who think money, power, and influence is all they need to make it happen. They are ignorant of the power of large numbers of the people. Can't just kill all who oppose, without pissing off a bunch more.
18-11-2023 18:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Look, if your ideas are true, there's no need to exaggerate.
This is a great strong fantastic country but it needs to be appreciated.
Sure, there are some problems but they are just superficial relative to the country's greatness.
Unfortunately there will always be poor people but that doesn't mean that an individual has to always be poor.
Re: currency. No currency has intrinsic value. None of them serve any purpose other than as an agreed upon value. Even gold is almost worthless other than the agreed upon value. Very little use other than on spaceships.
18-11-2023 19:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Sure, there are some problems but they are just superficial relative to the country's greatness.
Unfortunately there will always be poor people but that doesn't mean that an individual has to always be poor.
Re: currency. No currency has intrinsic value. None of them serve any purpose other than as an agreed upon value. Even gold is almost worthless other than the agreed upon value. Very little use other than on spaceships.

How exactly is every college being a Hamas training and indoctrination center a superficial problem?

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 19:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Swan,
Do you really believe the stuff you write?
18-11-2023 20:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
Do you really believe the stuff you write?

LOL are you aware of the new DOJ probe into college discrimination against jews?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/education-department-opens-investigations-7-schools-antisemitism-islamophobia/story?id=104967087

For the first time since the Israel-Hamas war began, the Department of Education is moving forward with several investigations into U.S. colleges and schools where students have reported antisemitism or Islamophobia.

The department has opened the investigations under Title IV, a law that bans discrimination based on race or a person's shared ancestry. So far, there are five antisemitism cases and two Islamophobia cases under investigation at seven different schools, including Cornell University, in Ithaca, New York, Columbia University, in New York City, the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, and others.

If the investigations determine that schools violated the law, they could lose federal funding or be referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for further action.

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 22:04
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Actually gold has a high value, because it has a lot of useful properties. It doesn't oxidize/tarnish. Looks shiny and new, all the time. It's a soft metal, easy to work. Bends without breaking. Not just spaceships, but in a lot of electronics.

Most of the exaggeration was because you already floated the billion dollar coin idea here once before...
18-11-2023 22:26
(1643)
keepit wrote:

Seems you endorse the monetary phenomenon of inflation.

Do you believe inflation is forever?

18-11-2023 22:29
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Seems that you can't handle the truth as the line goes

LOL are you aware of the new DOJ probe into college discrimination against jews?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/education-department-opens-investigations-7-schools-antisemitism-islamophobia/story?id=104967087

For the first time since the Israel-Hamas war began, the Department of Education is moving forward with several investigations into U.S. colleges and schools where students have reported antisemitism or Islamophobia.

The department has opened the investigations under Title IV, a law that bans discrimination based on race or a person's shared ancestry. So far, there are five antisemitism cases and two Islamophobia cases under investigation at seven different schools, including Cornell University, in Ithaca, New York, Columbia University, in New York City, the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, and others.

If the investigations determine that schools violated the law, they could lose federal funding or be referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for further action.

ULTRA MAGA

18-11-2023 22:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Swan,
Can you tell the difference between the words "EVERY college being a hamas training center" and the words "INVESTIGATIONS into a few colleges"?
Edited on 18-11-2023 22:39
18-11-2023 22:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Harvey,
Actually there is very little gold used quantitatively. People just think it should have high price.

So you blame me for "YOUR" exaggerations?

You don't actually believe i would like a 1 party global dictatorship? Can you think of anyone that would?
Edited on 18-11-2023 22:48
19-11-2023 01:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
Can you tell the difference between the words "EVERY college being a hamas training center" and the words "INVESTIGATIONS into a few colleges"?

The colleges are not the issue, the issue is the retarded liberal commy shits that run EVERY COLLEGE.

Next liberal turd comment

ULTRA MAGA

19-11-2023 09:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
keepit wrote:Swan,I was hoping someone would explain in a knowledgeable way why it wouldn't work.

This has already been addressed on Climate-Debate in your "Trillion Dollar Platinum Coin" thread back in May. This will be a complete repetition.

It wouldn't work because Congress would have to approve it first. Since Congress has not approved it, the Treasury cannot mint those coins.

There is no reason for Congress to approve such a minting because Congress can just have the Bureau of Engraving print $Trillions.
19-11-2023 18:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
ibd,
It sounds like you misunderstand my post. Your answer sounds like it wouldn't work because the govt doesn't want to do it.
It does sound too easy to work but it might.
19-11-2023 18:49
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Actually there is very little gold used quantitatively. People just think it should have high price.

You don't actually believe i would like a 1 party global dictatorship? Can you think of anyone that would?

It's used quite a bit in electronics. Most computer chips have fine gold wires connecting the silicon pads to the external pins. Most connectors that pass signals are gold plated. True, there isn't a huge amount in each device. Not worth recovering. But, think of the hundreds, of millions of electronic devices sold every year. Is gold so common, than anyone can just dig some up in their backyard? It's hard to find new sources, that can produce in marketable volume. Basically a limited supply.
19-11-2023 19:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Harvey,
Do you happen to know the quantity in pounds. We're just talking trash without real numbers and comparisons.
I googled it once and the numbers were small. The main use of gold is financial and in jewelry. Both of those represent perceived value, not utility value.
Edited on 19-11-2023 19:22
19-11-2023 23:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

ALL gold is used quantitatively. It is measured in ounces, grams, or many other units of measurement.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-11-2023 23:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Do you happen to know the quantity in pounds. We're just talking trash without real numbers and comparisons.
I googled it once and the numbers were small. The main use of gold is financial and in jewelry. Both of those represent perceived value, not utility value.

Gold is useful as money because it doesn't tarnish, and it's easy to check the purity of it using simple devices, particularly with coins.
It is also used heavily in industry. Gold plating on connectors and circuit board connectors, gold leaf on statues and other items, even teeth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-11-2023 01:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Gold is useful as money because it doesn't tarnish, and it's easy to check the purity of it using simple devices, particularly with coins.
It is also used heavily in industry. Gold plating on connectors and circuit board connectors, gold leaf on statues and other items, even teeth.

LOL, exactly how is the purity of a gold coin checked without ruining the coin?

ULTRA MAGA

20-11-2023 03:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Surely you know that gold would be very inconvenient for use in day to day commercial transactions. Much less convenient than what we have.
Also, all the uses you mentioned amount to very few pounds of gold.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if all the processed gold in existence at the present time were turned into utility uses there might not be a need to mine any more gold for a long time.
Edited on 20-11-2023 03:08
20-11-2023 04:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Surely you know that gold would be very inconvenient for use in day to day commercial transactions. Much less convenient than what we have.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if all the processed gold in existence at the present time were turned into utility uses there might not be a need to mine any more gold for a long time.

You are really a very small and weird person

ULTRA MAGA

20-11-2023 14:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

Yea your trillion-dollar platinum coins would be far more beneficial for day-to-day transactions.

Now take your meds

ULTRA MAGA

20-11-2023 19:39
(1643)
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Looks like the truth is that inflation will continue until the people revolt.

I wonder if Janet Yellen, Jerome Powell, and keepit got the memo.

It sounds like you got the memo.

20-11-2023 19:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Spongy,
Thanks for putting me in the same sentence with Janet and Jerome but i'm just not qualified.
20-11-2023 20:26
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Swan wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Looks like the truth is that inflation will continue until the people revolt.

I wonder if Janet Yellen, Jerome Powell, and keepit got the memo.

It sounds like you got the memo.

Inflation will exist for as long as the FBI continues to protect demokraps

ULTRA MAGA

21-11-2023 19:52
(5197)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

You are really a very small and weird person

He's probably the fatman, who knocked you off the stationary bike, you just sat on for three hours...
21-11-2023 19:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
I'm telling you Harvey, that you need to write fiction!
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate What if?:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact