Remember me
▼ Content

Warm Waters

Warm Waters23-12-2019 04:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It's interesting how warm the north Atlantic current flowing into the Arctic is. It's actually fueling a jet stream towards Moscow where it's warm for them.

https://www.seatemperature.org/europe/norway/tromso.htm
23-12-2019 05:16
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
It's interesting how warm the north Atlantic current flowing into the Arctic is. It's actually fueling a jet stream towards Moscow where it's warm for them.

I got nothing from your link about "fueling a jet stream". Can you explain this phenomenon?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
23-12-2019 05:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

I got nothing from your link about "fueling a jet stream". Can you explain this phenomenon?

Why don't you learn something about science first?
23-12-2019 05:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Why don't you explain your claim? I'll try to follow along. I'll just stop you when something doesn't make sense. Go!!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
23-12-2019 06:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
James___ wrote: It's interesting how warm the north Atlantic current flowing into the Arctic is.

James__, I hope you realize that there aren't too many people who associate water that is 5.7°C / 42.3°F with the word "warm." This temperature is a few degrees below the recommended temperature for serving beer, and no one I know considers that "warm."

James___ wrote: It's actually fueling a jet stream towards Moscow where it's warm for them.

Let me guess, the north Atlantic current is the fuel and Climate is the driver, and it's a road trip to Moscow, yes?

I'm with you James__. Go Moscow Taxi! God Jul.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-12-2019 15:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: It's interesting how warm the north Atlantic current flowing into the Arctic is.

James__, I hope you realize that there aren't too many people who associate water that is 5.7°C / 42.3°F with the word "warm." This temperature is a few degrees below the recommended temperature for serving beer, and no one I know considers that "warm."

James___ wrote: It's actually fueling a jet stream towards Moscow where it's warm for them.

Let me guess, the north Atlantic current is the fuel and Climate is the driver, and it's a road trip to Moscow, yes?

I'm with you James__. Go Moscow Taxi! God Jul..

I've already been to Moscow. You and gg are showing your lack of understanding when it comes to science. This isn't a classroom. An example is that if a person says "when it is frigid", a conditional statement, gg says "last night wasn't frigid".
An inability to grasp the English language doesn't help.
23-12-2019 15:05
Amanbir GrewalProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(123)
AMIABLE LIVING CONDITIONS EXIST IN THE UPPER EASTSIDE OF LONDON CITY!

A Black Man/Nigger/Death/Hobo/My Only Friend/Jeremiah: there no eastside in london *whispering*

HELL NO, BUT THERE IS ONE IN NEW YORK CITY!!! YEAHHHH!
23-12-2019 17:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I've already been to Moscow. You and gg are showing your lack of understanding when it comes to science. This isn't a classroom. An example is that if a person says "when it is frigid", a conditional statement, gg says "last night wasn't frigid".

You didn't say 'when it is frigid'. You said "clear winter nights are frigid'.

I said it was a clear winter night last night and it was not frigid. Matter of fact the low temp did not dip below the normal high temp for that date and location.

Any more on that Norwegian water fueling the jet stream??

23-12-2019 17:18
(14366)
James___ wrote: I've already been to Moscow.

Were you colluding?

James___ wrote: You and gg are showing your lack of understanding when it comes to science.

Honestly, I never knew that cold beers are "warm." I fell for that whole propaganda that they are actually "cold." You learn something new every day.

James___ wrote: This isn't a classroom.

I never even hinted that you would go anywhere near a classroom.

James___ wrote: An inability to grasp the English language doesn't help.

Are you asking me for help? The answer is "yes" if you are.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-12-2019 17:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You didn't say 'when it is frigid'. You said "clear winter nights are frigid'.

I said it was a clear winter night last night and it was not frigid. Matter of fact the low temp did not dip below the normal high temp for that date and location.

Any more on that Norwegian water fueling the jet stream??

Sadly all you can say is "right now". You're like a baby wanting his bottle who is crying for attention.
23-12-2019 17:57
(14366)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:... [nothing involving "right now"]

Sadly all you can say is "right now".

OK, you got me on this one. Is there a punchline forthcoming?

23-12-2019 18:14
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:... [nothing involving "right now"]

Sadly all you can say is "right now".

OK, you got me on this one. Is there a punchline forthcoming?

Be patient, he may be fueling up his jet stream.

23-12-2019 18:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@All,
The jet stream today has a section starting north of Norway. The jet stream that is moving across the US starts heading south as it crosses the Atlantic. That the jet stream is forming north of Norway and then moving down into Russia towards Kamchakta might be to advance for some to consider why there are jet streams in the first place.
The different colors in the jet stream represents miles per hour/wind velocity.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FMxdiR1r6fKHHwyo8
Edited on 23-12-2019 19:01
23-12-2019 21:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
James___ wrote:

That is a cold current. It's colder than the water it's flowing under. It's also a very weak current. Sometimes it's not there at all up by Norway.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-12-2019 21:08
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Like usual with James, he's trying to throw out jargon to make himself look 'scientific'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-12-2019 21:08
(21552)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
James___ wrote:

Inversion fallacy. YALIFNAP

The Parrot Killer

23-12-2019 21:09
(21552)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

23-12-2019 21:12
(21552)
James___ wrote:
@All,
The jet stream today has a section starting north of Norway. The jet stream that is moving across the US starts heading south as it crosses the Atlantic. That the jet stream is forming north of Norway and then moving down into Russia towards Kamchakta might be to advance for some to consider why there are jet streams in the first place.

The jetstream does not have 'sections'.

Buzzword fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

23-12-2019 22:12
(14366)
Into the Night wrote: The jetstream does not have 'sections'.

My understanding is that the jet stream has four primary sections: 1) club seating (the section most exposed to Climate), 2) luxury boxes (the top 1% of the jet stream), 3) bleachers (the radiative forcing section) and 4) nose-bleed (the most adiabatically-pronounced section).
`
It will provide a feedback flow until it reaches Moscow at which point it simply becomes "вмешательство в выборы"

23-12-2019 22:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
@All,

Buzzword fallacy.

I am glad that you are aware that the jet stream does not have sections.
The part in the Arctic becomes what goes across the US and the Atlantic Ocean. All one stream.
23-12-2019 22:20
(21552)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
@All,

Buzzword fallacy.

I am glad that you are aware that the jet stream does not have sections.
The part in the Arctic becomes what goes across the US and the Atlantic Ocean. All one stream.

The jet stream does not go to the Arctic.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Warm Waters:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Gargantuan sluice gate in Gulf Stream to warm Europe, lower nat gas need2926-04-2022 18:14
New York residents urged to take precautions to stay warm in the extreme cold1327-02-2021 02:42
Will Warm Winters Balance Out The Effects Of Greenhouse Gases?1410-02-2020 18:23
Arctic waters not freezing76404-02-2020 11:58
Global warming back to medieval warm period will increase Russia population 4 fold128-05-2019 19:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact