Remember me
▼ Content

The Daily Sermon


The Daily Sermon04-06-2022 05:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
If you didn't catch today's sermon, it covered all the bases. NOAA delivered an ominous message to the congregation on behalf of the Department of Commerce because it's ultimately the Commerce Secretary's job to help us all realize that Climate Change is real and is what we know.

All debate over Climate Change ended decades ago and the settled science has shown light on the growing threat. If you only take one thing away from this sermon, make it the following quote that sums up the problem we all face:

"It's depressing that we've lacked the collective will power to slow the relentless rise in CO2," said Keeling. "Fossil-fuel use may no longer be accelerating, but we are still racing at top speed towards a global catastrophe."

The transcript is being made available for those who were unable to participate in today's service.

https://www.noaa.gov/news-release/carbon-dioxide-now-more-than-50-higher-than-pre-industrial-levels




Carbon dioxide now more than 50% higher than pre-industrial levels


June 3, 2022

Air samples from NOAA's Mauna Loa observatory in Hawaii provide important data for climate scientists around the world. On Thursday, NOAA announced that analysis of data from their global sampling network showed that levels of the potent greenhouse gas methane recorded the largest annual increase ever observed in 2021, while carbon dioxide continued to increase at historically high rates.
The Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii is a benchmark site for measuring carbon dioxide, or CO2. NOAA and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography make independent measurements from this station on the slopes of Mauna Loa volcano. (NOAA)

Help yourself better understand the impending doom with the
Fear-Mongering Visualization Assistant.


Carbon dioxide measured at NOAA's Mauna Loa Atmospheric Baseline Observatory peaked for 2022 at 421 parts per million in May, pushing the atmosphere further into territory not seen for millions of years, scientists from NOAA and Scripps Institution of Oceanographyoffsite link at the University of California San Diego announced today.

NOAA's measurements of carbon dioxide at the mountaintop observatory on Hawaii's Big Island averaged 420.99 parts per million (ppm), an increase of 1.8 ppm over 2021. Scientists at Scripps, which maintains an independent record, calculated a monthly average of 420.78 ppm.

"The science is irrefutable: humans are altering our climate in ways that our economy and our infrastructure must adapt to," said NOAA Administrator Rick Spinrad, Ph.D. "We can see the impacts of climate change around us every day. The relentless increase of carbon dioxide measured at Mauna Loa is a stark reminder that we need to take urgent, serious steps to become a more Climate Ready Nation."

CO2 pollution is generated by burning fossil fuels for transportation and electrical generation, by cement manufacturing, deforestation, agriculture and many other practices. Along with other greenhouse gases, CO2 traps heat radiating from the planet's surface that would otherwise escape into space, causing the planet's atmosphere to warm steadily, which unleashes a cascade of weather impacts, including episodes of extreme heat, drought and wildfire activity, as well as heavier precipitation, flooding and tropical storm activity.

Impacts to the world's oceans from greenhouse gas pollution include increasing sea surface temperatures, rising sea levels, and an increased absorption of carbon, which makes sea water more acidic, leads to ocean deoxygenation, and makes it more difficult for some marine organisms to survive.

Prior to the Industrial Revolution, CO2 levels were consistently around 280 ppm for almost 6,000 years of human civilization. Since then, humans have generated an estimated 1.5 trillion tons of CO2 pollution, much of which will continue to warm the atmosphere for thousands of years.

CO2 levels are now comparable to the Pliocene Climatic Optimum, between 4.1 and 4.5 million years ago, when they were close to, or above 400 ppm. During that time, sea levels were between 5 and 25 meters higher than today, high enough to drown many of the world's largest modern cities. Temperatures then averaged 7 degrees Fahrenheit higher than in pre-industrial times, and studies indicate that large forests occupied today's Arctic tundra.



This graph shows the monthly mean carbon dioxide measured at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, the longest record of direct measurements of CO2 in the atmosphere. Monitoring was Initiated by C. David Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in March of 1958 at a NOAA weather station. NOAA started its own independent and complementary CO2 measurements in May of 1974.
This graph shows the monthly mean carbon dioxide measured at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, the longest record of direct measurements of CO2 in the atmosphere. Monitoring was Initiated by C. David Keeling of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in March of 1958 at a NOAA weather station. NOAA started its own independent and complementary CO2 measurements in May of 1974. (NOAA Global Monitoring Laboratory, Scripps Institute of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego. )
Download Image
Mauna Loa ideally located to monitor global pollution

NOAA's observatory, situated high on the slopes of the Mauna Loa volcano, is the global benchmark location for monitoring atmospheric CO2. At an elevation of 11,141 feet above sea level, the observatory samples air undisturbed by the influence of local pollution or vegetation, and produces measurements that represent the average state of the atmosphere in the northern hemisphere.

Charles David Keeling, a scientist with the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, initiated on-site measurements of CO2 at NOAA's weather station on Mauna Loa in 1958. Keeling was the first to recognize that CO2 levels in the Northern Hemisphere fell during the growing season, and rose as plants died back in the fall, and he documented these CO2 fluctuations in a record that came to be known as the Keeling Curveoffsite link. He was also the first to recognize that, despite the seasonal fluctuation, CO2 levels were rising every year.

NOAA began measurements in 1974, and the two research institutions have made complementary, independent observations ever since. Keeling's son, geochemist Ralph Keeling, runs the Scripps program at Mauna Loa.

"It's depressing that we've lacked the collective will power to slow the relentless rise in CO2," said Keeling. "Fossil-fuel use may no longer be accelerating, but we are still racing at top speed towards a global catastrophe."

The Mauna Loa data, together with measurements from sampling stations around the world, are incorporated by NOAA's Global Monitoring Laboratory into the Global Greenhouse Gas Reference Network, a foundational research dataset for international climate scientists and a benchmark for policymakers attempting to address the causes and impacts of climate change.

Despite decades of negotiation, the global community has been unable to significantly slow, let alone reverse, annual increases in atmospheric CO2 levels.

"Carbon dioxide is at levels our species has never experienced before — this is not new," said Pieter Tans, senior scientist with the Global Monitoring Laboratory. "We have known about this for half a century, and have failed to do anything meaningful about it. What's it going to take for us to wake up?"

Edited on 04-06-2022 05:26
04-06-2022 07:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
This is all about an attempt to collapse the entire system into the federal safety net for total control. The trick is pulling it off without a revolution.

Can you not see the horrifying effects of climate change every day?

Next step, Biden will declare a national climate emergency, which will yield him a frightening amount of power. Buckle up boys and girls. Things could get bumpy.
08-06-2022 02:12
James_
★★★☆☆
(918)
GasGuzzler wrote:
This is all about an attempt to collapse the entire system into the federal safety net for total control. The trick is pulling it off without a revolution.

Can you not see the horrifying effects of climate change every day?

Next step, Biden will declare a national climate emergency, which will yield him a frightening amount of power. Buckle up boys and girls. Things could get bumpy.


This is why our Putin, our glorious leader invaded Ukraine. Am glad you got it right comrade tovarisch. These Amerikanners are merely our cannon fodder. Let them come after us. After Ukraine, we will take Europe and then the U.S.
08-06-2022 03:41
James_
★★★☆☆
(918)
You should not have challenged our glorious way of life under Putin. He is both the right and the strong leader. Those who are weak shall cry "mama" like those American pigs do. We are not your "gas station". We will win because we are right.
Everyone knows you wanted us to have Киев but those bastards resisted and it is your fault. If you didn't supply arms to make you look good we would've had KieB by now. And yet you blame us Muscovbites for your problems.
Edited on 08-06-2022 03:45
08-06-2022 05:24
James_
★★★☆☆
(918)
You think your American imperialist thinking is not tiresome? How does anyone tolerate America or else!! It is all you say. We own you. And now you know you don't own us. We stand up to your imperialism.
08-06-2022 06:03
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
GasGuzzler wrote:
This is all about an attempt to collapse the entire system into the federal safety net for total control. The trick is pulling it off without a revolution.

Can you not see the horrifying effects of climate change every day?

Next step, Biden will declare a national climate emergency, which will yield him a frightening amount of power. Buckle up boys and girls. Things could get bumpy.


I don't normally talk to myself, but I made a prediction and got it wrong.

Instead of climate emergency, he threw me a curve ball and invoked the Defense Production Act. According to the Whitehouse, "this will allow the gov to invest in companies making solar panels".

I call bullshit. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this act gives Biden the power to order companies to produce whateverthehell he tells them to.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
08-06-2022 06:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
GasGuzzler wrote:Instead of climate emergency, he threw me a curve ball and invoked the Defense Production Act. According to the Whitehouse, "this will allow the gov to invest in companies making solar panels".

I call bullshit. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this act gives Biden the power to order companies to produce whateverthehell he tells them to.

Rather than claim that you are somehow mistaken, to the contrary, I would like to point out that this is just another facet of our Federal government's attempt to emulate NAZI Germany.

Just as the Democrat Party is emulating Joseph Goebbels (NAZI Minister of Propaganda) and his implementation of the Communist Manifesto mandate #6 "Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State." ... Biden is emulating Hitler's handover of all private industry to Hermann Göring (look up "Four Year Plan") by handing over private industry to the Secretary of Defense to literally force them to do his will.

Just as Hitler and the NAZIs utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of the brownshirts to rise to power, Biden and the Democrats utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of BLM and ANTIFA to rise to power. The NAZIs instilled fear and panic over the invented and unexplained "threat" of "Jews" and "gypsies" ... just as Biden/Democrats generated fear and panic over COVID and Global Warming. Both NAZIs and Democrats are forever supportive of tyrannical measures eliminating individual liberties and personal wealth for purposes of ceding more power and wealth to the government, not to mention constantly eroding away the 2nd Amendment and summarily executing citizens for exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

So yes, Biden is unveiling his own "Four Year Plan". Unlike WWII Germans who were able to flee to the US to escape NAZI Germany, there is no other US to which We the People can escape our own tyranny.

Very astute observation.

.
08-06-2022 06:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Instead of climate emergency, he threw me a curve ball and invoked the Defense Production Act. According to the Whitehouse, "this will allow the gov to invest in companies making solar panels".

I call bullshit. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this act gives Biden the power to order companies to produce whateverthehell he tells them to.

Rather than claim that you are somehow mistaken, to the contrary, I would like to point out that this is just another facet of our Federal government's attempt to emulate NAZI Germany.

Just as the Democrat Party is emulating Joseph Goebbels (NAZI Minister of Propaganda) and his implementation of the Communist Manifesto mandate #6 "Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State." ... Biden is emulating Hitler's handover of all private industry to Hermann Göring (look up "Four Year Plan") by handing over private industry to the Secretary of Defense to literally force them to do his will.

Just as Hitler and the NAZIs utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of the brownshirts to rise to power, Biden and the Democrats utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of BLM and ANTIFA to rise to power. The NAZIs instilled fear and panic over the invented and unexplained "threat" of "Jews" and "gypsies" ... just as Biden/Democrats generated fear and panic over COVID and Global Warming. Both NAZIs and Democrats are forever supportive of tyrannical measures eliminating individual liberties and personal wealth for purposes of ceding more power and wealth to the government, not to mention constantly eroding away the 2nd Amendment and summarily executing citizens for exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

So yes, Biden is unveiling his own "Four Year Plan". Unlike WWII Germans who were able to flee to the US to escape NAZI Germany, there is no other US to which We the People can escape our own tyranny.

Very astute observation.

.


Very astute analysis. Scary shit.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
08-06-2022 08:05
James_
★★★☆☆
(918)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Instead of climate emergency, he threw me a curve ball and invoked the Defense Production Act. According to the Whitehouse, "this will allow the gov to invest in companies making solar panels".

I call bullshit. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this act gives Biden the power to order companies to produce whateverthehell he tells them to.

Rather than claim that you are somehow mistaken, to the contrary, I would like to point out that this is just another facet of our Federal government's attempt to emulate NAZI Germany.

Just as the Democrat Party is emulating Joseph Goebbels (NAZI Minister of Propaganda) and his implementation of the Communist Manifesto mandate #6 "Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State." ... Biden is emulating Hitler's handover of all private industry to Hermann Göring (look up "Four Year Plan") by handing over private industry to the Secretary of Defense to literally force them to do his will.

Just as Hitler and the NAZIs utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of the brownshirts to rise to power, Biden and the Democrats utilized the organized (and fully supported) violence of BLM and ANTIFA to rise to power. The NAZIs instilled fear and panic over the invented and unexplained "threat" of "Jews" and "gypsies" ... just as Biden/Democrats generated fear and panic over COVID and Global Warming. Both NAZIs and Democrats are forever supportive of tyrannical measures eliminating individual liberties and personal wealth for purposes of ceding more power and wealth to the government, not to mention constantly eroding away the 2nd Amendment and summarily executing citizens for exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

So yes, Biden is unveiling his own "Four Year Plan". Unlike WWII Germans who were able to flee to the US to escape NAZI Germany, there is no other US to which We the People can escape our own tyranny.

Very astute observation.

.


Very astute analysis. Scary shit.


And that coincides with our beloved Putin rising to power. Isn't it a great time to be alive? The true heirs to the throne are rising.
09-06-2022 01:29
platoonseaflyclimate
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
If we truly want to combat the rise of CO2 levels on our atmosphere, we need to use lesser fossil fuels and switch to more renewable energy. However, it does not stop with that, we also need to plant trees and also reduce our waste.
09-06-2022 02:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2481)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
If we truly want to combat the rise of CO2 levels on our atmosphere, we need to use lesser fossil fuels and switch to more renewable energy. However, it does not stop with that, we also need to plant trees and also reduce our waste.


Why would you combat the rise of plant food? We are nowhere near optimal levels. All your newly planted trees would certainly enjoy the extra life essential compound we call carbon dioxide.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
09-06-2022 05:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18679)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
If we truly want to combat the rise of CO2 levels on our atmosphere,

Why would you want to? Do you dislike plants? You DO realize that life on Earth depends on CO2 in the atmosphere, right?
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
we need to use lesser fossil fuels

Fossils aren't used as fuel. Fossils don't burn.
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
and switch to more renewable energy.

We already have it.
Oil is renewable energy.
Natural gas is renewable energy.
Hydroelectric is renewable energy.

All three sources are pretty cheap energy too.

platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
However, it does not stop with that, we also need to plant trees

We already do. See the works of Weyerhauser, for example. They are tree farmers.
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:
and also reduce our waste.

I don't think you realize how little waste is generated.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-06-2022 07:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11965)
platoonseaflyclimate wrote:If we truly want to combat the rise of CO2 levels on our atmosphere, we need to use lesser fossil fuels and switch to more renewable energy.

How will that reduce atmospheric CO2 levels? Have plants somehow stopped eating up CO2 from the atmosphere?

platoonseaflyclimate wrote:However, it does not stop with that, we also need to plant trees and also reduce our waste.

Is that because my trash elevates atmospheric CO2 levels?




Join the debate The Daily Sermon:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The link is to an article in the Daily Mail about asteroids and the last ice age4516-03-2018 23:15
Science daily.com - hydrogen sulphide1308-10-2017 20:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact