SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)

Edited on 17-02-2021 04:15
17-02-2021 04:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

My parents met in "Texas". Had their first kid conceived in "Texas". It's been hell.
Americans simply hate families conceived in "Texas".
17-02-2021 04:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

My parents met in "Texas". Had their first kid conceived in "Texas". It's been hell.

You don't get to speak for everyone. You are not God. You only get to speak for you. Your persecution complex is YOUR problem.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 17-02-2021 04:40
17-02-2021 04:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Wow you need a shrink pronto
17-02-2021 04:50
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Nah. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbH60wCO-Yw
Texas is blessed. Sadly you are not able to understand the blessings given to you.
17-02-2021 04:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

I just have certain interests. Kind of why I like the movie Australia. There is "drover" and his life wasn't easy.
17-02-2021 05:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Nah. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbH60wCO-Yw
Texas is blessed. Sadly you are not able to understand the blessings given to you.

Texans are positive that they are better than everyone else.

They aren't
17-02-2021 05:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

I just have certain interests. Kind of why I like the movie Australia. There is "drover" and his life wasn't easy.

Wow.....................
17-02-2021 05:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Wow.....................

In this forum, how sad. Is your dick even worth sucking? Or do you have one?
Wow is what? Got a dude cumming over, details later or what? Just no rules in this forum. What is your pleasure?
Please be specific. What's his name and are you bisexual? While it's a climate debate forum, discrimination is not acceptable.

p.s., a truck driving an oil rig is what? Pumping something for what it's worth?
Edited on 17-02-2021 05:11
17-02-2021 13:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Wow.....................

Wow is what? Got a dude cumming over, details later or what? Just no rules in this forum. What is your pleasure?
Please be specific. What's his name and are you bisexual? While it's a climate debate forum, discrimination is not acceptable.

p.s., a truck driving an oil rig is what? Pumping something for what it's worth?

Again Texans are begging for some global warming

17-02-2021 16:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
Swan wrote:[quote]James___ wrote:Again Texans are begging for some global warming

Attached image:

17-02-2021 17:05
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Swan wrote:

Just add in a bunch more wind, a bunch more snow, and about 20degF colder temperatures... and that would be my neck of the woods...
17-02-2021 17:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
gfm7175 wrote:
Just add in a bunch more wind, a bunch more snow, and about 20degF colder temperatures... and that would be my neck of the woods...

Here's my view this morning on the back deck. 18 below zero. Not to far from you gfm. I'm happy though, lights are on and hot coffee to start the day.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

17-02-2021 17:16
(3314)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

Wow.....................

Again Texans are begging for some global warming

Pretty much the whole former USA, sans most of FL, is begging for some warming right now...
17-02-2021 17:51
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Here's my view this morning on the back deck. 18 below zero. Not to far from you gfm. I'm happy though, lights are on and hot coffee to start the day.

Yup, that looks much more like what I've been experiencing...
I feel like I've been constantly plowing out the driveway, and even then it's half drifted shut again... The road that I live on is barely even a two lane load to begin with, but the snow drifting has made it into a one lane road in some areas.

On the worst day of the snowing here, I was on my road and was almost home, but then the snow plow was coming from the other way (hogging the center of it). I thought I still had enough room to get around him, but just barely got too far to the side of the road to where I got sucked in a bit and got stuck. The plow dude didn't have anything on him to get me free again, but he made sure that I had a phone to contact someone. While I was trying to get free from the snow, a neighbor on his tractor drove over and hooked me up and got me loose again. I flipped him a $20 for doing so (and saving me A LOT of time). That's the sort of thing that I like about country life... people looking out for each other and helping each other out instead of vandalizing, assaulting, looting, and murdering each other.
17-02-2021 20:21
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I feel like I've been constantly plowing out the driveway, and even then it's half drifted shut again... The road that I live on is barely even a two lane load to begin with, but the snow drifting has made it into a one lane road in some areas.

On the worst day of the snowing here, I was on my road and was almost home, but then the snow plow was coming from the other way (hogging the center of it). I thought I still had enough room to get around him, but just barely got too far to the side of the road to where I got sucked in a bit and got stuck. The plow dude didn't have anything on him to get me free again, but he made sure that I had a phone to contact someone. While I was trying to get free from the snow, a neighbor on his tractor drove over and hooked me up and got me loose again. I flipped him a $20 for doing so (and saving me A LOT of time). That's the sort of thing that I like about country life... people looking out for each other and helping each other out instead of vandalizing, assaulting, looting, and murdering each other.

I also used to have a real problem with a drifting driveway. A few years ago I started plowing everything to the south side, every time. It has helped tremendously. You do have to push it way back though, starting with the first storm so you leave room for more future snow.

Any way you can leave it all on the south or east side? Might help.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

17-02-2021 21:45
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

I also used to have a real problem with a drifting driveway. A few years ago I started plowing everything to the south side, every time. It has helped tremendously. You do have to push it way back though, starting with the first storm so you leave room for more future snow.

Any way you can leave it all on the south or east side? Might help.

Ahhhhhh, interesting! But yeah, the portion of my driveway which has drifting issues runs directly north/south, so I am pushing the snow in a southward direction when I push it out of the driveway and into the ditch across the road. What happens is wind blowing in an eastward direction makes the snow drift across that particular section of the driveway.

I think there's enough room in that section of the driveway to where I could try pushing it all to one side instead of letting it pile up on both sides.
17-02-2021 23:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
I was just reading why Texas is having problems. It's a free market system that isn't regulated. This means that power companies raise prices as demand increases. This is meant to discourage people from heating their homes when it's really cold.
That kind gives capitalism a black eye. But it's what Texans want.
18-02-2021 01:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
James___ wrote:
I was just reading why Texas is having problems. It's a free market system that isn't regulated. This means that power companies raise prices as demand increases. This is meant to discourage people from heating their homes when it's really cold.

Regulation also means you pay the same inflated prices, all the time, just in case... Most of the time, no justification to pay those high, regulated rates. Electric heating and cooling your home is luxury/convenience. Most have a backup plan, like wood burning stoves, to avoid the high peak rates, and possible blackouts.
18-02-2021 05:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Regulation also means you pay the same inflated prices, all the time, just in case... Most of the time, no justification to pay those high, regulated rates. Electric heating and cooling your home is luxury/convenience. Most have a backup plan, like wood burning stoves, to avoid the high peak rates, and possible blackouts.

I have natural gas and have no issue with what I pay. And for how cold it is outside, it's nice to go walking in and then to have a warm home to return to.
So with what you said, am not sure what you're talking about. Maybe you're just making stuff up?
You just don't get it, do you? Texas wanted a free market economy and got it. The electrical companies are not required to plan for storms like what hit Texas. They can invest as little as possible in the grid and power generation equipment to maximize profits. That means cheap energy when there's little demand for it.
And Texas is a VERY RED state. Yet with you Harvey, you'll blame this on the Democratic party which has nothing to do with the situation in Texas. That's all you know.
Edited on 18-02-2021 05:16
18-02-2021 06:15
(14420)
James___ wrote: And Texas is a VERY RED state. Yet with you Harvey, you'll blame this on the Democratic party which has nothing to do with the situation in Texas. That's all you know.

So I did catch you not paying attention and I sneaked it by you.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-02-2021 07:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: And Texas is a VERY RED state. Yet with you Harvey, you'll blame this on the Democratic party which has nothing to do with the situation in Texas. That's all you know.

So I did catch you not paying attention and I sneaked it by you.

Yea you caught him slick
18-02-2021 15:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:[quote]James___ wrote:Again Texans are begging for some global warming

Some wind turbine generators were iced, but nearly twice as much power was wiped out at natural gas and coal plants. Forcing controlled outages was the only way to avert an even more dire blackout in Texas, Magness said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/electrical-island-texas-dodged-federal-185750419.html
18-02-2021 22:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And in Texas, Sen.Ted Cruz (R, Texas) flies with family to Cancun. He said it was a long planned family trip and also said "to be a good father", since school was cancelled because of the weather, he took his daughters somewhere warm.
That cannot be a long planned family trip if it's because school was cancelled because of the weather.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-sen-ted-cruz-flies-to-mexico-resort-town-amid-states-winter-weather-disaster-161138424.html

And where I live, it's nice. And today, most Americans like myself can enjoy their home entertainment system to watch some good movies like Angel Has Fallen. And with surround sound, the sound effects just add to the "theater" like experience.

The 1950's era duplex that I live in reminds me of the show Ascension.

Edited on 18-02-2021 22:33
19-02-2021 01:57
(14420)
James___ wrote:[quote]Some wind turbine generators were iced, but nearly twice as much power was wiped out at natural gas and coal plants. Forcing controlled outages was the only way to avert an even more dire blackout in Texas, Magness said.

I was expecting you to notice that I put you in Texas, that you are one cool dude, that they call you Ice James.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 02:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:[quote]Some wind turbine generators were iced, but nearly twice as much power was wiped out at natural gas and coal plants. Forcing controlled outages was the only way to avert an even more dire blackout in Texas, Magness said.

I was expecting you to notice that I put you in Texas, that you are one cool dude, that they call you Ice James.

Is that "Cubism" or "Modern Art"? The style must've confused me.
19-02-2021 02:15
(14420)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You kind of need to expand the picture to its full resolution to best appreciate it.

Attached image:

19-02-2021 05:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You kind of need to expand the picture to its full resolution to best appreciate it.

I got it now. It's just that the shading to the left of the taxes campus under the over pass looks like it could be closer to this...

Attached image:

Edited on 19-02-2021 05:17
19-02-2021 06:25
(14420)
James___ wrote: I got it now. It's just that the shading to the left of the taxes campus under the over pass looks like it could be closer to this...

One JamesCoin for you:

Attached image:

19-02-2021 15:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: I got it now. It's just that the shading to the left of the taxes campus under the over pass looks like it could be closer to this...

One JamesCoin for you:

Now we're talkin'....money.
19-02-2021 19:25
(5197)
Why was Ted Cruz's a scandal? People often flee extreme weather. It' like he flew down in a private jet. Was the vacation charged to the Senate credit card? What's the big fuss, they all do it. It's a perk, the 'New Normal'. You can't rich, by spending your own money...

What was he expected to do, send his kids out, to shovel snow for the neighborhood grandmas.
19-02-2021 21:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Why was Ted Cruz's a scandal? People often flee extreme weather. It' like he flew down in a private jet. Was the vacation charged to the Senate credit card? What's the big fuss, they all do it. It's a perk, the 'New Normal'. You can't rich, by spending your own money...

What was he expected to do, send his kids out, to shovel snow for the neighborhood grandmas.

If only you had a brain. Ted Cruz is a United States senator. The failed system in Texas is what the Republican party created in Texas. Ted Cruz has no jurisdiction over utilities in Texas. That's the way Republicans wanted it.
You should be doing the "Happy Dance" because Texas utilities are not regulated.
That's GREAT, right?
19-02-2021 21:17
(14420)
James___ wrote:Now we're talkin'....money.

How much JamesCoin is needed to purchase a James Collider?

Attached image:

19-02-2021 21:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Now we're talkin'....money.

How much JamesCoin is needed to purchase a James Collider?

I'll need to get scientists interested in my experiment. Our atmosphere might be more complex than what is currently considered. If so, research opportunities will become available and who doesn't like pursuing opportunity?
And now I'm officially a politician. It's to promote a better understanding of the forces that affect our atmosphere. It could encourage solutions which are focused on sustainability.
19-02-2021 23:51
(14420)
James___ wrote: It could encourage solutions which are focused on sustainability.

Excellent. At worst, you filed everything under the most impressive of buzzwords. You are a winner from the get-go.

20-02-2021 03:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: It could encourage solutions which are focused on sustainability.

Excellent. At worst, you filed everything under the most impressive of buzzwords. You are a winner from the get-go.

Weather as usual son. It snowed in Saudi Arabia. Nothing surprising there.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/snow-falls-camels-saudi-arabia-155911788.html
20-02-2021 17:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And now why Texas has no federal regulation. Natural gas prices soared and in Texas, Jerry Jones was getting $179 for a thousand cubic feet of gas. During the last quarter, it was $2.40. That's price gouging. The national average was $33.68 after going up over $16 in one week.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jerry-jones-jackpot-natural-gas-dallas-cowboys-043832631.html
20-02-2021 20:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
James___ wrote:
And now why Texas has no federal regulation. Natural gas prices soared and in Texas, Jerry Jones was getting $179 for a thousand cubic feet of gas. During the last quarter, it was $2.40. That's price gouging. The national average was $33.68 after going up over $16 in one week.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jerry-jones-jackpot-natural-gas-dallas-cowboys-043832631.html

There are no federal regulations for the price of natural gas.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-02-2021 00:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

There are no federal regulations for the price of natural gas.

This is something that will probably "spur" (it's a pun) change in Texas. This can hurt Texas' economy more than the pandemic. All anyone has to say is the power companies have no incentive to increase production when they profit from not meeting the needs of their customers. And this will hurt a lot of businesses because businesses also use gas.
The governor of Texas is getting involved. A Texas newspaper mentions some of the energy bills that people got ranging from $5,000 to $17,000.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/arlington-man-gets-17-000-192823631.html
Edited on 21-02-2021 01:06
21-02-2021 01:26
(5197)
I'm not sure Yahoo is a reliable source, always seemed a little left-leaning. Gospel for democrats, I suppose... They are snowed in, equipment wrecked by ice, delivery problems... Short supply, and a very high demand. Free-markets can suck sometimes, but price tends to separate those that 'want', from those that 'need'. Basically, when the price goes high, use what you have, sparingly, look for alternatives, until the price drops. Probably wouldn't have been so bad, if Biden hadn't reversed all of Trumps energy policies. It's the New Green Normal, get use to it. Four years of Biden's crap, and the whole country is going to be Texas, except Florida, of course. We just got hit by the deep freezing 'storm'. Don't think it got over 67 F today. Was busy all day, didn't really keep a close watch. But, it was a little chilly, and put on long pants. Still T-shirt weather though, but might have gone with sleeves or a jacket, if I wasn't working. Mostly, it was just that Yankee wind, that was a little chilly. Probably drop into the 50s tonight.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Texans are BEGGING for global warming.....wheeeee:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Illegal Mexican national murders 5 Texans. Xiden does nothing029-04-2023 18:52
Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming3219-02-2021 21:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact