Remember me
▼ Content

Texans are BEGGING for global warming.....wheeeee

Page 2 of 2<12
21-02-2021 02:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:I'm not sure Yahoo is a reliable source, always seemed a little left-leaning. Gospel for democrats, I suppose...

Let's see what Yahoo! reports today:

1. AOC's relief package saves Texas
2. Conservatives are responsible for majority of domestic terrorism attacks
3. Seagrass Is A Vital Weapon Against Climate Change, But We're Killing It
4. Demand Congress Ban Trump from Running Again
5. Cruz trip tests durability of scandal, memory of voters (Cruz facemask scandal)
6. Biden looks to rebuild U.S. ties to Europe damaged under Trump, but mistrust lingers
7. CO2 monitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, experts say

That's certainly enough to get me hooked.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-02-2021 02:54
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:I'm not sure Yahoo is a reliable source, always seemed a little left-leaning. Gospel for democrats, I suppose...

Let's see what Yahoo! reports today:

1. AOC's relief package saves Texas
2. Conservatives are responsible for majority of domestic terrorism attacks
3. Seagrass Is A Vital Weapon Against Climate Change, But We're Killing It
4. Demand Congress Ban Trump from Running Again
5. Cruz trip tests durability of scandal, memory of voters (Cruz facemask scandal)
6. Biden looks to rebuild U.S. ties to Europe damaged under Trump, but mistrust lingers
7. CO2 monitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, experts say

That's certainly enough to get me hooked.

Didn't know Yahoo, was also a supermarket tabloid...

I really want to click on that CO2 monitor story though. I just gotta know how that works.
21-02-2021 03:13
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
It does work.I bought one and the CO2 is going down.Now if I can get some bat droppings I wont go bald.A course of leaches will help as well
21-02-2021 03:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not sure Yahoo is a reliable source, always seemed a little left-leaning. Gospel for democrats, I suppose... They are snowed in, equipment wrecked by ice, delivery problems... Short supply, and a very high demand. Free-markets can suck sometimes, but price tends to separate those that 'want', from those that 'need'. Basically, when the price goes high, use what you have, sparingly, look for alternatives, until the price drops. Probably wouldn't have been so bad, if Biden hadn't reversed all of Trumps energy policies. It's the New Green Normal, get use to it. Four years of Biden's crap, and the whole country is going to be Texas, except Florida, of course. We just got hit by the deep freezing 'storm'. Don't think it got over 67 F today. Was busy all day, didn't really keep a close watch. But, it was a little chilly, and put on long pants. Still T-shirt weather though, but might have gone with sleeves or a jacket, if I wasn't working. Mostly, it was just that Yankee wind, that was a little chilly. Probably drop into the 50s tonight.

The story was "reprinted" from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Your post leaves a lot to be desired.
21-02-2021 05:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: It could encourage solutions which are focused on sustainability.

Excellent. At worst, you filed everything under the most impressive of buzzwords. You are a winner from the get-go.

Splendid!! climate solutions and climate sustainability have been added to the Lispy Leftist List of Linguistic Lunacy.
Edited on 21-02-2021 05:17
21-02-2021 15:58
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
It does work.I bought one and the CO2 is going down.Now if I can get some bat droppings I wont go bald.A course of leaches will help as well

I know CO2 monitors work. You confirmed, what most of us believed, that CO2 levels vary quite a bit, constantly.

What interested me, was the Yahoo story about how CO2 monitors could reduce the spread of Covid-19... Several years ago, I had a project idea, and shopped quite a bit for CO2 sensors. I never really found one, that fit my needs, any where near the price I wanted. But I did learn about how they work. I don't see anyway those sensors could have anything to do with Covid-19. I was just curious, how they are connecting the two. Are they using them as covid detectors, where they can identify infected people, as they pass by the monitor?
21-02-2021 19:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And now why Texas has no federal regulation. Natural gas prices soared and in Texas, Jerry Jones was getting $179 for a thousand cubic feet of gas. During the last quarter, it was $2.40. That's price gouging. The national average was $33.68 after going up over $16 in one week.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jerry-jones-jackpot-natural-gas-dallas-cowboys-043832631.html

There are no federal regulations for the price of natural gas.

This is something that will probably "spur" (it's a pun) change in Texas. This can hurt Texas' economy more than the pandemic. All anyone has to say is the power companies have no incentive to increase production when they profit from not meeting the needs of their customers. And this will hurt a lot of businesses because businesses also use gas.
The governor of Texas is getting involved. A Texas newspaper mentions some of the energy bills that people got ranging from $5,000 to $17,000.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/arlington-man-gets-17-000-192823631.html

Fake News. Power companies do not profit from being unable to deliver electricity. You don't pay for what you don't use, twit.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-02-2021 19:26
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm not sure Yahoo is a reliable source, always seemed a little left-leaning. Gospel for democrats, I suppose... They are snowed in, equipment wrecked by ice, delivery problems... Short supply, and a very high demand. Free-markets can suck sometimes, but price tends to separate those that 'want', from those that 'need'. Basically, when the price goes high, use what you have, sparingly, look for alternatives, until the price drops. Probably wouldn't have been so bad, if Biden hadn't reversed all of Trumps energy policies. It's the New Green Normal, get use to it. Four years of Biden's crap, and the whole country is going to be Texas, except Florida, of course. We just got hit by the deep freezing 'storm'. Don't think it got over 67 F today. Was busy all day, didn't really keep a close watch. But, it was a little chilly, and put on long pants. Still T-shirt weather though, but might have gone with sleeves or a jacket, if I wasn't working. Mostly, it was just that Yankee wind, that was a little chilly. Probably drop into the 50s tonight.

Yahoo is not a reliable source. Neither is Google. Neither is DuckDuckGo. Search engines are not a source.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-02-2021 19:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
And now why Texas has no federal regulation. Natural gas prices soared and in Texas, Jerry Jones was getting $179 for a thousand cubic feet of gas. During the last quarter, it was $2.40. That's price gouging. The national average was $33.68 after going up over $16 in one week.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/jerry-jones-jackpot-natural-gas-dallas-cowboys-043832631.html

There are no federal regulations for the price of natural gas.

This is something that will probably "spur" (it's a pun) change in Texas. This can hurt Texas' economy more than the pandemic. All anyone has to say is the power companies have no incentive to increase production when they profit from not meeting the needs of their customers. And this will hurt a lot of businesses because businesses also use gas.
The governor of Texas is getting involved. A Texas newspaper mentions some of the energy bills that people got ranging from $5,000 to $17,000.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/arlington-man-gets-17-000-192823631.html

Fake News. Power companies do not profit from being unable to deliver electricity. You don't pay for what you don't use, twit.

The GAS companies increased prices while cutting production. And they blamed that on electric companies not generating electricity because they had their gas supply stopped. Read the news. And I think the Fort Worth newspaper is credible. You guys are ignoring the source of the news.
All you guys spread is disinformation because you're ignored in your political forum. Besides, according to Howard Stern among others, Trump thinks his supporters are disgusting. He just likes the power he gets from them but doesn't like them.
21-02-2021 23:09
(14414)
Into the Night wrote:Yahoo is not a reliable source. Neither is Google. Neither is DuckDuckGo. Search engines are not a source.

Let's see what Yahoo! News is listing today:

1. Biden's 1st month was about erasing the mark of 'former guy'
2. Joe Biden Finally Says What A Lot Of People Are Thinking About Donald Trump
3. Ted Cruz received more money from oil and gas companies in 2018 than any other senator
4. Man Mocks Woman On Plane, Doesn't Realize Who's Behind Him
5. What's stopping the $15 minimum wage? Reconciliation and the 'Byrd Rule': Yahoo News Explains
6. Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear
7. Europe applauds Biden's approach, stresses cooperation
8. (Hillary) Clinton shades Cruz: 'Don't vote for anyone you wouldn't trust with your dog'
9. Reba McEntire's Wife Is the Most Gorgeous Woman Ever

... this is enough to get me hooked.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-02-2021 23:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Yahoo is not a reliable source. Neither is Google. Neither is DuckDuckGo. Search engines are not a source.

3. Ted Cruz received more money from oil and gas companies in 2018 than any other senator
5. What's stopping the $15 minimum wage? Reconciliation and the 'Byrd Rule': Yahoo News Explains
8. (Hillary) Clinton shades Cruz: 'Don't vote for anyone you wouldn't trust with your dog'

son, this is absurdly funny. It only shows that people today are looking to be entertained. What you and ISN'T are posting is because of a "reprinted" story on yahoo.
Why when a Fort Worth newspaper publishes a story do you seek to discredit as being garbage? Why should "gas" be allowed to go from $2.40 to $179 per thousand cubic feet because it got cold outside?
Where I live, the prices are controlled because of regulation and when Kentucky gets as cold as Texas was, I don't notice the increase in my bill like they do. You know, going from $33 to $5,000.00. But that is what the GOP represents so everyone should expect you guys to spread disinformation about GOP practices and what relates to them. That's all you, ITN, gfm, Harvey, etc. are doing.
And that's because you guys are defending the party and its practices.

p.s., I am registered as an Independent because I do not support either party.
The "middle ground" like the "Middle Class" that's becoming smaller is what Made America Great. But now we're merely World Beaters. sigh

Edited on 21-02-2021 23:45
22-02-2021 00:08
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The Gas supply was deregulated in W.A. a few years ago and now there are more than one supplier and you can get a deal and pay around a third of what it used to be and switch companies as I am about to do as my Origin gas deal has expired now I can go back to Alinta or kleenheat and they will offer me all sorts of plans to get my business.James if the gas supplier jacks the price as you claim sue the fukkers because that is B.S.and turn the gas of at the box.
22-02-2021 00:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
The Gas supply was deregulated in W.A. a few years ago and now there are more than one supplier and you can get a deal and pay around a third of what it used to be and switch companies as I am about to do as my Origin gas deal has expired now I can go back to Alinta or kleenheat and they will offer me all sorts of plans to get my business.James if the gas supplier jacks the price as you claim sue the fukkers because that is B.S.and turn the gas of at the box.

I'm not making any such claim. Residents in Texas are and they can't sue their gas provider. This is why the governor of Texas is involving himself in this.
If the temepratures dropped where I live like they did in Texas, my gas bill won't show it. Yet the owner of the Dallas Cowboys made a lot of money by price gouging.
With the stadium for his football team, Texas paid him $335 million to build it. That was money he saved while making money. And the price increases in Texas are supported (proved as being correct) by the natural gas association.
If I pay less than $5 US for 1,000 cubic feet or 28.3 cubic meters, in Texas, $179.
Why the cold weather doesn't bother me. I am in the plan where I pay the same each month. At the end of the business year, I pay the difference which I can afford.
Hopefully you will notice the difference between $5 and $179 for the same amount of energy. There is no defending screwing people over like that. But Trumpsters will say, Yeah, that's the way we do business.
22-02-2021 01:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And people, for what I am paying less than $5 for, Texans are paying $179. I hate Kentucky yet my gas prices can't go up that much. Some consumers are being charged much more for gas than only $179.
22-02-2021 02:04
(14414)
James___ wrote: And people, for what I am paying less than $5 for, Texans are paying $179. I hate Kentucky yet my gas prices can't go up that much. Some consumers are being charged much more for gas than only $179.

Attached image:

22-02-2021 03:49
(21599)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

I'm not making any such claim.

Yes you are, liar.
James___ wrote:
Residents in Texas are and they can't sue their gas provider.

Sure they can.
James___ wrote:
This is why the governor of Texas is involving himself in this.

Not the reason.
James___ wrote:
If the temepratures dropped where I live like they did in Texas, my gas bill won't show it.

High bills are for electricity, not natural gas.
James___ wrote:
Yet the owner of the Dallas Cowboys made a lot of money by price gouging.

Nope. He made a lot of money selling tickets to games his team plays in.
James___ wrote:
With the stadium for his football team, Texas paid him $335 million to build it. That was money he saved while making money. And the price increases in Texas are supported (proved as being correct) by the natural gas association.

The natural gas association is not the government of Texas.
James___ wrote:
If I pay less than $5 US for 1,000 cubic feet or 28.3 cubic meters, in Texas, $179.
Why the cold weather doesn't bother me. I am in the plan where I pay the same each month. At the end of the business year, I pay the difference which I can afford.
[quote]James___ wrote:
Hopefully you will notice the difference between $5 and $179 for the same amount of energy. There is no defending screwing people over like that.

True. It's a good way to put yourself out of business and get sued.
James___ wrote:
But Trumpsters will say, Yeah, that's the way we do business.

Strawman fallacy. TDS.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 04:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

Strawman fallacy. TDS.

Are you sure that's not PMS that you're talking about?
22-02-2021 05:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
An example of how Republicans are getting rich.
My savings is gone," said Scott Willoughby, a 63-year-old Army veteran who lives on Social Security payments in a Dallas suburb. He said he had nearly emptied his savings account so that he would be able to pay the $16,752 electric bill charged to his credit card — 70 times what he usually pays for all of his utilities combined. "There's nothing I can do about it, but it's broken me."
This is reprinted from the New York Times. God Bless Texas and the GOP it represents.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lights-stayed-during-texas-storm-160028286.html
I think with the media, just so many great stories to tell, which ones to avoid? China is promoting this as why communism is a success. In Texas, they can't afford to heat their homes.
For Republicans, why oversight is a problem. People can't afford their bills for electricity. It's a free market system. Don't heat your home when it is cold and rates will be lower. Just basic economics. And if you can't afford to pay over $10,000, try a socialist country. Problem solved.
You Republicans have begged for this. Free market capitalism works. And everything else is communism.
Edited on 22-02-2021 05:25
22-02-2021 15:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This story on yahoo is reprinted from The Guardian.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-eye-federal-funds-help-155458821.html

Texas Republicans will use federal funds to help pay exorbitant energy bills hitting ordinary Texans after a deep freeze crippled the state this week, a senior congressman said on Sunday.

From another source, The Hill;
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-gop-congressman-federal-disaster-aid-will-help-homeowners-with-high-utility-bills/ar-BB1dSHnC

A Texas congressman said Sunday that homeowners in his state who are facing shockingly high electric payments and damage to their homes resulting from recent winter weather would be eligible for aid from the federal government.

And then there's this which might be the same interview showed on Fox, ABC and CBS. https://keyt.com/politics/2021/02/21/texas-congressman-says-emergency-aid-will-help-texans-pay-high-energy-bills-charged-after-deep-freeze/

I say let Texans pay their own bills. They support their current economic system because it is based on free market enterprise with no government regulation which Texans like the GOP love. And if the state goes bankrupt because consumers will not be able to pay other bills or utility companies will go bankrupt because they can't pay for the energy they bought, that's their problem.
Texas made sure that it's energy needs were all met "in state" because Texans wanted autonomy. This should not allow them to ask for federal aid when their system has nothing to do with the federal government. It's their decision and they should accept the consequences of their independence.
Ain't that funny? A state wanting to be free of the United States until a natural disaster hits. Then it's we're Americans too!
Edited on 22-02-2021 15:32
22-02-2021 16:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
I thought Texans wanted free market based capitalism. Regulation amounts to socialism. Say no to socialism and YES to CAPITALISM!!!

The Public Utility Commission of Texas on Sunday said electricity companies would be temporarily barred from cutting off service because of unpaid bills.

Gov. Greg Abbott announced the move earlier in the day, following an emergency meeting that was held Saturday to address the surging electricity bills some Texans were receiving after the devastating winter storm.

In a news release about the moratorium, the commission said it issued a series of orders timed to prevent Texans with unpaid bills from losing power on Monday. It said the orders were "intended to protect Texas electricity customers while leaders in the state consider solutions for the financial aftershocks of the winter storm grid event."

https://www.insider.com/texas-electricity-companies-cant-shut-off-service-for-unpaid-bills-2021-2
22-02-2021 17:17
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

Jeeze that is sickening... no wonder I ignore such BS...
22-02-2021 17:51
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:Jeeze that is sickening... no wonder I ignore such BS...

What is Yahoo! News reporting today?

1. A Majority Of Americans Want To Make It Easier To Vote By Mail
2. Black man arrested for walking on icy Texas street has charges dropped
3. Woman Refuses (Black Man) Aboard First Class & Regrets It
4. 20 Objects Found On Mars That NASA Can't Explain
5. Bipartisanship ends this week with stimulus vote
6. Three dead and two wounded after mass shooting at Louisiana gun shop
7. Democrats start lobbying for the first black woman to be appointed to the Supreme Court bench
8. Celebrities Who Underwent Gender Transformation
9. Steve Scalise Still Refuses to Admit the Election Wasn't Stolen
10. U.S. Supreme Court paves way for release of Trump's tax returns

That's enough to get me hooked!

22-02-2021 20:01
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:Jeeze that is sickening... no wonder I ignore such BS...

What is Yahoo! News reporting today?

1. A Majority Of Americans Want To Make It Easier To Vote By Mail
2. Black man arrested for walking on icy Texas street has charges dropped
3. Woman Refuses (Black Man) Aboard First Class & Regrets It
4. 20 Objects Found On Mars That NASA Can't Explain
5. Bipartisanship ends this week with stimulus vote
6. Three dead and two wounded after mass shooting at Louisiana gun shop
7. Democrats start lobbying for the first black woman to be appointed to the Supreme Court bench
8. Celebrities Who Underwent Gender Transformation
9. Steve Scalise Still Refuses to Admit the Election Wasn't Stolen
10. U.S. Supreme Court paves way for release of Trump's tax returns

That's enough to get me hooked!

haha that's enough to make me throw up in my mouth a bit
23-02-2021 14:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit, this is Seth Meyers going off on Fox news people. His rant is because they were talking about Joe Biden's dog and how "scruffy" it looks. He thinks there are more serious issues that need to be dealt with but that's the GOP, just trying to move the goal posts to "real issues".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xinYwmF_9A8&feature=youtu.be

What's funny is how Texas' public officials were saying that the private sector is responsible the people of Texas. That's for things like having food or water during what happened or even be willing to go several days without heat, water and electricity because Texans don't care for federal regulation.
I doubt they'll notice that Oklahoma had a better go of things. Fewer people went without necessary utilities for less time.
Edited on 23-02-2021 14:59
23-02-2021 22:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It seems that Harris County in Texas is going to look into leaving ERCOT. A neighboring county is not a part of Ercot and apparently didn't have the same problems.
From the Houston Chronicle which it seems is in Harris County Texas.

Harris County should consider leaving the state's main power grid after it failed to prevent widespread blackouts for more than half of Houston-area residents last week, Precinct 2 Commissioner Adrian Garcia said Monday.

Garcia has asked the Commissioners Court to explore what authority it has to sever ties with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which oversees the grid that powers all of the state except for El Paso, parts of the Panhandle and a group of counties in East Texas.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/After-blackout-crisis-Garcia-says-Harris-County-15970559.php

You can highlight the text to read it. Harris County is home to ~4,000,000 residents and was hit hard by the failure of ERCOT.
25-02-2021 15:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Did Texans even have a say in this market strategy that both political leaders and utility companies wanted?

Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick said that Texans faced with huge electricity bills "gambled" in the hope of a cheap deal, and ended up losing.

Patrick commented Wednesday on the large charges facing some in the wake of the devastating winter storms in his state. He suggested that those in trouble would likely get help, but said that in the future customers should "read the fine print" of such deals.
https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-lt-gov-people-huge-bills-gambled-on-low-rate-2021-2
25-02-2021 22:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
C'mon man, if people elect their state legislature and they allow for a "real" capitalist system, who is responsible for as Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys said, We hit the jackpot!
And of the $1.5Billion price tag for his stadium, $335 million was financed by tax payers. This helps Jerry Jones to make even more money.
And that's capitalism at work. China is simply loving this.
26-02-2021 16:11
(5197)
James___ wrote:
C'mon man, if people elect their state legislature and they allow for a "real" capitalist system, who is responsible for as Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys said, We hit the jackpot!
And of the $1.5Billion price tag for his stadium, $335 million was financed by tax payers. This helps Jerry Jones to make even more money.

That's what, about 5% of the project? Not really a bad investment, considering how much money is spent, outside of the stadium. Hotels, restaurants, bars, drugs, prostitutes, all good for the economy, for many years. Stadiums aren't used just for football either, since they still cost money, in the off season.
26-02-2021 19:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

That's what, about 5% of the project? Not really a bad investment, considering how much money is spent, outside of the stadium. Hotels, restaurants, bars, drugs, prostitutes, all good for the economy, for many years. Stadiums aren't used just for football either, since they still cost money, in the off season.

It's actually 22.3% with the .3 actually representing 1/3.
At the same time, couldn't a $1.165 Billion stadium have served the same purpose? Then those savings could help Texans afford their cheap energy. That cheap energy could cost Texans jobs which would hurt the economic development that the stadium was meant to represent.

I just need to have Sum Fun today.

And Harvey, if you served in the military or the USCG then you'd know that bases improve an economy. With a stadium, there needs to be an economy for it to help the "local economy".
This simply means that it increases the economic activity around it while it decreases economic activity where the original income is earned.
Myself, I think with the profits the owners receive has the overall effect of removing money from the economy.

Edited on 26-02-2021 20:20
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Texans are BEGGING for global warming.....wheeeee:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Illegal Mexican national murders 5 Texans. Xiden does nothing029-04-2023 18:52
Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming3219-02-2021 21:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact