16-01-2020 02:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21637)
Excellent.
16-01-2020 08:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:
Third world guy wrote:...IBDaMann and Into the Night have already managed to destroy your thread.

Sadly, I have to agree on Your comments above.
Nah don't worry guys those goofballs can just be tuned out. I'm reading what you write Marcus.

Did you want to discuss the references within this thread as well? Or deal with topics in their own threads?

Harry C wrote:
No gas, including carbon dioxide can warm the atmosphere.
Harry C if you really want to just snuggle into a misunderstanding of the entire debate I'll leave you in peace. But you are arguing with theories no one is presenting (I know it's tempting, it's easy to defeat a straw man in combat). Not sure if this is the right thread for that though. (lemme know Marcus). I'm happy to discuss the following with you:
NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.
Venus is hotter than Mercury?!? Or any other topic on the board.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
Edited on 16-01-2020 08:07
16-01-2020 10:10
MarcusRProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(111)
tmiddles wrote:
Did you want to discuss the references within this thread as well? Or deal with topics in their own threads?

My aim with this thread was to have a list of relevant published papers/research to easily find them and read them. I did not consider how to discuss the content in each of them. For the structure of it I think it would be best to start a separate thread for each paper/research/subject that someone would like to discuss further. But I am not the admin of this site
I leave that to Jeppe.
16-01-2020 10:15
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:I think it would be best to start a separate thread for each paper/research/subject
Agreed. Though I think discussing the paper's pedigree and how it fits into a library is appropriate here.

And we don't have an active admin on here so don't hold your breath on that.
16-01-2020 15:46
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
MarcusR wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

My aim with this thread was to have a list of relevant published papers/research to easily find them and read them. I did not consider how to discuss the content in each of them. For the structure of it I think it would be best to start a separate thread for each paper/research/subject that someone would like to discuss further. But I am not the admin of this site
I leave that to Jeppe.

MarcusR: Count me in!

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
16-01-2020 15:56
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14453)
MarcusR wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Is there any reason you couldn't just explain what you mean by "scientific" or will you feel utterly stupid divulging your criteria?

Published in scientific journals - as I wrote above.

You are a moron. How can a journal be published in a journal? On any serious science board your thread would have been deleted long ago and you would have been warned to not spam anymore.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 16-01-2020 15:58
16-01-2020 16:22
(111)
IBdaMann wrote:
You are a moron. How can a journal be published in a journal? On any serious science board your thread would have been deleted long ago and you would have been warned to not spam anymore.

Try this:
https://www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php

They are the leading scientific journals around the world in different areas.

A "paper" is what published research often is reffered to.
16-01-2020 17:16
(14453)
MarcusR wrote:They are the leading scientific journals around the world in different areas.

Hey moron, what makes them scientific journals?

Shall I just assume that you consider them to be "scientific" because they preach your WACKY religious dogma?

How much time do you need to think about what you mean by "scientific"? You really aren't coming across as the brightest bulb in the pack.

MarcusR wrote:A "paper" is what published research often is reffered to.

Great. Let's say I have a mound of many "papers," and I want to divide them into two groups: 1) the "scientific" papers and 2) regular, ordinary "papers."

When I look at a "paper," what determines in which group I put it?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
16-01-2020 17:25
(111)

If you do not understand my description above there is no point discussing that any further. Scientific journal such as Nature, Science, PNAS ans soforth is, and will always be of utmost importance to the scientific community.

I leave it to each and everyone who read this thread to interprete "scientific journals" the way they see fit.
Edited on 16-01-2020 17:40
16-01-2020 17:29
(111)
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00685-x#correction-0

We are very, very far away from the levels they mention in the article, so this will be an outlier. But it enhances our understanding of how some types of Clouds would react to very high levels of CO2.
Edited on 16-01-2020 17:30
16-01-2020 17:42
(14453)
MarcusR wrote: If you do not understand my description above

You gave no definition above.

MarcusR wrote: there is no point discussing that any further.

... and once again you flee.

MarcusR wrote: Scientific journal such as ...

Nope. You have not defined "scientific" ... because you don't know what it means. You think the word means "glorifies Climate Change."

MarcusR wrote: will always be of utmost importance to the scientific community.

You don't speak for the scientific community. You aren't even a member.

16-01-2020 17:58
(21637)
MarcusR wrote:

If you do not understand my description above there is no point discussing that any further. Scientific journal such as Nature, Science, PNAS ans soforth is, and will always be of utmost importance to the scientific community.

I leave it to each and everyone who read this thread to interprete "scientific journals" the way they see fit.

False authority fallacy. Science isn't a 'community'. It isn't a journal or a magazine. It has no priesthood. It does not use consensus.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-01-2020 22:27
(111)
An interesting paper regarding the effect on Light Absorbing Particles in Snow.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-018-0296-5

The abstract is rather short - although informative - but if You want more on this, PM me.
17-01-2020 00:54
(14453)
MarcusR wrote:

The abstract is rather short - although informative - but if You want more on this, PM me.

It doesn't matter. It is all gibber-babble religious dogma. It's not science. Only the Global Warming faithful should bother wasting their time with it.

17-01-2020 01:54
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
It doesn't matter. It is all gibber-babble
Then kindly refrain from posting in this thread again. You and ITN are trolls and not welcome here.
17-01-2020 01:56
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:

It's pay gated I'm curious what "trigger albedo feedbacks" means.
17-01-2020 02:32
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
It doesn't matter. It is all gibber-babble
Then kindly refrain from posting in this thread again. You and ITN are trolls and not welcome here.

YALIFNAP

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-01-2020 02:32
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
MarcusR wrote:

It's pay gated I'm curious what "trigger albedo feedbacks" means.

Save your money. It means nothing. Kinda like the phrase 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

17-01-2020 03:55
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Please leave this thread Troll. You are simply trying to disrupt it with nothing to add.
17-01-2020 04:31
(14453)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Please leave this thread Troll. You are simply trying to disrupt it with nothing to add.

Please keep gibbering Moron. We need people like you as a warning to children about what happens to people who drop out of school.

17-01-2020 04:50
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...Moron...
This board really does need a moderator. This is simple harassment IBD as usual. Please leave discussions you have no interest in alone.
17-01-2020 06:08
(14453)
tmiddles wrote: Please leave discussions you have no interest in alone.

Thank you Mr. Helper, I'll let you know when I'm accepting input on when and where I post.

Have you considered taking your own advice? I didn't think so. I've known for some time that you aren't ever serious when you post.

17-01-2020 06:13
(14453)
tmiddles wrote: This board really does need a moderator.

Be careful what you wish for. The previous tmiddles, i.e. trafn, became the only person banned. He too was destroying all the threads while preaching his lunatic religion, screaming for moderators all the while. He was even made a moderator ... temporarily.

It would be pretty fun to watch you get yourself banned.

17-01-2020 14:14
(111)
Here is one short, but good intro to Albedo
https://www.pnas.org/content/116/51/25369
While it may seem easy at a first glance, this paper shows the complexity and also gives a few example of what happens during volcanic eruptions.
Edited on 17-01-2020 14:29
17-01-2020 16:20
(14453)
MarcusR wrote:
While it may seem easy at a first glance, this paper shows the complexity and also gives a few example of what happens during volcanic eruptions.

While it sends up huge red flags that this article is pure scam bait for the gullible and the scientifically illiterate, it does not disappoint!

MarcusR, I bet you never even questioned this line:

Earth's average temperature dropped below average for more than a year and, at peak cooling, fell about 0.7 °C.

Do you have any idea what's wrong with this? Do you have any idea why no scientist would ever take this article seriously? Do you know why the only people who would ever fawn over completely bogus articles like this one are scientifically illiterate morons like yourself?

Do you have any idea whatsoever? Did you even read the article?

Too funny!

17-01-2020 18:55
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Please keep gibbering Moron. We need people like you as a warning to children about what happens to people who drop out of school.

This board really does need a moderator. This is simple harassment IBD as usual. Please leave discussions you have no interest in alone.

Inversion fallacy. YALIFNAP

If you want people kicked off for 'harrassing', YOU would've been kicked off a long time ago!

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2020 02:27
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:

Great one. Very clearly described.

One of the big errors I made was looking up the emissivity of ice for example, seeing it was 0.95, and then concluding that was the answer. I failed to realize that the number was based on infra-red and not white light.
18-01-2020 02:52
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
MarcusR wrote:

Great one. Very clearly described.

One of the big errors I made was looking up the emissivity of ice for example, seeing it was 0.95, and then concluding that was the answer. I failed to realize that the number was based on infra-red and not white light.

There is no frequency term in emissivity.

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2020 02:55
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
There is no ...
I never want to hear from you Troll. You are just harassing threads on this board.
18-01-2020 03:02
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
There is no ...
I never want to hear from you Troll. You are just harassing threads on this board.

Bulverism fallacy. YALIFNAP

The Parrot Killer

18-01-2020 04:06
(14453)
tmiddles wrote:I never want to hear from you Troll. You are just harassing threads on this board.

Hey Mr. Labotomy, you are free to preach your WACKY fugged-up religion in any kiddie-pool on the internet, completely unchallenged in any way, to any captive warmizombie audience you wish.

Of course you are welcome to stay and to gibber and babble and drool on your shoe, because every site need boneheads like you lest we become complacent in our first world problems.

So which candidate are you supporting?

18-01-2020 16:28
(111)
Into the Night wrote:

Didn't you read what I wrote about the SB-law, and why it looks like it does ?
18-01-2020 20:04
(21637)
MarcusR wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Yes. There is no frequency term in emissivity.

The Parrot Killer

20-01-2020 05:11
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

ITN will never actually answer your question. He'll just offer a platitude and maybe claim, falsely, he answered you in the past.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
Edited on 20-01-2020 05:13
20-01-2020 05:35
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
[quote]tmiddles wrote:
/quote]

tmiddles, you are a typical of the people who post in here.
There were the Dark Ages. Then the Medieval Warm Period and then the Little Ice Age. Notice a trend?
Minor climate ripples. At the same time, there were no ice ages. None are mentioned in the Bible. The Bible only mentions the flood when the ice age was ending. You know, Noah. A glacier lake ruptured and created the English Channel.
Before then, England was attached by land to Europe. Don't you guys know anything about history?
The next thing I know is that you guys will be telling me that Max Planck didn't pursue any experiments about e = hf before a suitable source of electricity was found. You know, no dyno (Einstein's father owned a dyno factory. They made dynosaurs) no Planck.
20-01-2020 20:59
(21637)
tmiddles wrote:
MarcusR wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

ITN will never actually answer your question. He'll just offer a platitude and maybe claim, falsely, he answered you in the past.

Lie. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

27-01-2020 15:50
(111)
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41558-019-0663-x

An interesting article on how a warming climate effects even the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO).
Edited on 27-01-2020 15:58
27-01-2020 18:43
(21637)
MarcusR wrote:

An interesting article on how a warming climate effects even the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO).

What warming? It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
What oscillation? There is no regular period of anything going on in the Pacific Ocean.

The Parrot Killer

27-01-2020 20:21
(14453)
[quote]MarcusR wrote:

I know what you're talking about on that decadal oscillation thing in the Pacific. Man that's FREAKY!

In 2010, the Pacific's decadal oscillation caused a catamaran constructed from 12,500 recycled plastic bottles to cross the Pacific. Unprecedented. Previously, in 2000, that same decadal oscillation had kicked in and caused Mr. Bricka to cross the Pacific on special "water skis" by essentially walking. If that's what's going on with our Climate then we need to put an end to it post haste.

FREAKY.

28-01-2020 05:52
(3979)
MarcusR wrote:

Just to momentarily dumb it down Marcus I had to looks up some basics there : )

decadal = decade long periods
and this is an oscillation in the pacific ocean's climate

I never thought there could be non-annual patterns to climate at all.

It's so Game of Thrones : )
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate Scientific published papers:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Kent Papers: Book on Amazon ($4.95)13929-04-2024 00:12
The Kent Papers: Author1407-02-2023 05:35
The Kent Papers: NEW THERMODYNAMICS: HOW MANKIND'S USE OF ENERGY INFLUENCES CLIMATE CHANGE1102-02-2023 22:07
The Kent Papers: New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions2101-02-2023 13:42
The Kent Papers: Entropy - An Ill-Conceived Mathematical Contrivance?001-02-2023 02:41
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact