Remember me
▼ Content

The Kent Papers: New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions

The Kent Papers: New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions30-01-2023 04:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14403)
I would like to invite everyone to discuss this paper, and I would like to ease into it by first analyzing the abstract so we can know what to expect and to more readily focus on the key concepts.

New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions
Kent W. Mayhew: 68 Pineglen cres., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Email: Kent.Mayhew@Gmail.com

Abstract
Reality involves inelastic collisions, thus one must consider both
a system's radiation and its kinematics, as part of any system's
energy. Since most closed gaseous system's energy is dominated by
its kinematic energy, one can often ignore its radiation energy. A
closed system's energy is recycled back into the system via its walls,
hence allowing statistical thermodynamics to be used as a
mathematical approximation, i.e., creates the illusion of elastic
collisions. This illusion exists in most experimental systems, thus
reenforcing traditional theory's considerations, all of which are based
upon idealistic elastic collision. In open systems there is no complete
recycling of energy. Hence, the statistical based approximations can
lose its validity. It is in open systems where perpetual motion does
not exist, which has been traditionally explained in terms of the
second law, a law whose mathematical construct is limited to systems
where the illusion of elastic collisions exists. Note that other
explanations will be presented. Other, illusions do exist. For
example, the illusion of reversibility prevents us from realizing that
the magnitude of the latent heat of vaporization is greater than that
of the latent heat of condensation. This also explains Loschmidt's
paradox. A new understanding for Boltzmann constant will be given.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Every sentence in the abstract is erroneous. We're probably going to have to examine the entire 24-page paper to see if it really is nothing but total gibberish.

[spoiler: I read the document, it's all gibberish]

Let's examine the abstract, sentence by sentence:

energy.

Does "one must consider both a system's radiation and its kinematics, as part of any system's energy" logically follow from "Reality involves inelastic collisions"?

I see the word "thus" but I don't see the connection.

At least now I know that reality involves inelastic collisions. I mean, that's something.

Since most closed gaseous system's energy is dominated by
its kinematic energy, one can often ignore its radiation energy.

What is kinematic energy? No definition seems to be given. This is not a typo. The word "kinematic" is used extensively and not the word "kinetic". I know what kinetic energy is but there is no such thing in science as kinematic energy.

By the way, no one can ever ignore any matter's radiance. Stefan-Boltzmann applies to all matter, always, everywhere.

A closed system's energy is recycled back into the system via its walls, hence allowing statistical thermodynamics to be used as a mathematical approximation, i.e., creates the illusion of elastic collisions.

This one has just too many errors that need to be unpacked:

1. There is no such thing as "recycling" energy in a closed system. Energy simply neither enters nor leaves.
2. No walls are needed to have a closed system, e.g. the sun and surrounding space
3. there is no such thing as statistical thermodynamics
4. nobody uses nonexistent things to make approximations
5. fortunately the approximations were clarified as being mathematical as opposed to social, legal, perfunctory, philosophical, imaginary or spicy cinnamon.
6. approximations do not create any illusions of elastic collisions. What is likely is that Kent is trying to merge classical physics and quantum mechanics in order to shift between models as convenient.

This illusion exists in most experimental systems, thus
upon idealistic elastic collision.

I hope we didn't send the unpacking crew home already. This one needs a modicum of heavy lifting.

1. I haven't seen any such illusions in any experimental systems.
2. I see the word "thus" again but I fail to see how "traditional theory's considerations" are somehow reinforced by such illusions were they to exist, seeing as how "traditional theory's considerations" were never defined.
3. I hate to call "No True Scotsman Fallacy" before any sort of coherence is achieved, but how does one know what constitutes an "idealistic" elastic collision.

In open systems there is no complete recycling of energy.

This "recycling of energy" is still not defined. As far as I know, energy can only change form. How is it supposedly "recycled." I'm going to bet that the answer to my question is that my lack of not knowing Kent's definition is somehow my fault, probably because I'm stupid.

I hate to call "No True Scotsman" fallacy twice before any coherence is achieved, but what constitutes "complete" recycling?

Hence, the statistical based approximations can lose its validity.

Did it ever have any validity to lose?

It is in open systems where perpetual motion does not exist, which has been traditionally explained in terms of the second law, a law whose mathematical construct is limited to systems where the illusion of elastic collisions exists.

Get the crew back here.

1. It's in closed systems that perpetual motion does not exist. In open systems, new energy can enter, forever. The 2nd law of thermodynamics applies only within the context of a closed system.
2. The second law of thermodynamics is not limited to systems where the illusion of elastic collisions exists.

Note that other explanations will be presented.

You haven't explained anything yet.

Other, illusions do exist. For example, the illusion of reversibility prevents us from realizing that the magnitude of the latent heat of vaporization is greater than that of the latent heat of condensation.

I'm cheating; I'm doing two sentences at the same time here.

1. What constitutes an "illusion." Nature does not lie. Our perceptions lie. Any illusions stem from our perceptions, not from nature.
2. The second law of thermodynamics tells us explicitly that time has direction and that you cannot count on reversibility.
3. What supposedly gives the illusion of reversibility?
4. There is no such thing as latent heat. This has no meaning. This must be one of Kent's misunderstandings of heat and thermal energy.
5. Oh yeah, people are always getting those two latent heats confused.

This also explains Loschmidt's paradox.

The Loschmidt's paradox is a totally moot non-value-added discussion about how time should be reversible ... except that we have the 2nd law of thermodynamics to tell us that it's not. This "paradox" is for people who want to sound smart and philosophical but who need a safe, sanitized topic that doesn't involve anything that can be shown to be incorrect.

A new understanding for Boltzmann constant will be given.

Great. We'll get to "understand" a number differently. 2023 is off to a great start.
30-01-2023 05:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
I think you covered the flaws in just the abstract pretty well.

I've also noticed that Kent likes to point to peer review to prove a theory, as if science somehow had a voting bloc in it.

As reviewer, I would flunk this paper on just the abstract alone. I would not publish it in any magazine or journal I would print.
30-01-2023 17:17
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:

I've also noticed that Kent likes to point to peer review to prove a theory, as if science somehow had a voting bloc in it.

As reviewer, I would flunk this paper on just the abstract alone. I would not publish it in any magazine or journal I would print.

Agreed. Based on my review of the abstract, in which every single sentence is erroneous and/or nonsensical (as IBD has already competently pointed out), I conclude that the whole abstract needs to be redone from scratch, and it's pretty safe to say that the whole paper also needs to be redone from scratch.
Edited on 30-01-2023 17:18
30-01-2023 18:08
(14403)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Agreed. Based on my review of the abstract, in which every single sentence is erroneous and/or nonsensical (as IBD has already competently pointed out), I conclude that the whole abstract needs to be redone from scratch, and it's pretty safe to say that the whole paper also needs to be redone from scratch.

I'm considering posting the Kent papers on Politiplex for reference, commentary included of course.
30-01-2023 19:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
I would like to invite everyone to discuss this paper, and I would like to ease into it by first analyzing the abstract so we can know what to expect and to more readily focus on the key concepts.

New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions
Kent W. Mayhew: 68 Pineglen cres., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Email: Kent.Mayhew@Gmail.com

Abstract
energy. Since most closed gaseous system's energy is dominated by
its kinematic energy, one can often ignore its radiation energy. A
closed system's energy is recycled back into the system via its walls,
hence allowing statistical thermodynamics to be used as a
mathematical approximation, i.e., creates the illusion of elastic
collisions. This illusion exists in most experimental systems, thus
upon idealistic elastic collision. In open systems there is no complete
recycling of energy. Hence, the statistical based approximations can
lose its validity. It is in open systems where perpetual motion does
not exist, which has been traditionally explained in terms of the
second law, a law whose mathematical construct is limited to systems
where the illusion of elastic collisions exists. Note that other
explanations will be presented. Other, illusions do exist. For
example, the illusion of reversibility prevents us from realizing that
the magnitude of the latent heat of vaporization is greater than that
of the latent heat of condensation. This also explains Loschmidt's
paradox. A new understanding for Boltzmann constant will be given.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Every sentence in the abstract is erroneous. We're probably going to have to examine the entire 24-page paper to see if it really is nothing but total gibberish.

[spoiler: I read the document, it's all gibberish]

Let's examine the abstract, sentence by sentence:

energy.

Does "one must consider both a system's radiation and its kinematics, as part of any system's energy" logically follow from "Reality involves inelastic collisions"?

I see the word "thus" but I don't see the connection.

At least now I know that reality involves inelastic collisions. I mean, that's something.

Since most closed gaseous system's energy is dominated by
its kinematic energy, one can often ignore its radiation energy.

What is kinematic energy? No definition seems to be given. This is not a typo. The word "kinematic" is used extensively and not the word "kinetic". I know what kinetic energy is but there is no such thing in science as kinematic energy.

By the way, no one can ever ignore any matter's radiance. Stefan-Boltzmann applies to all matter, always, everywhere.

A closed system's energy is recycled back into the system via its walls, hence allowing statistical thermodynamics to be used as a mathematical approximation, i.e., creates the illusion of elastic collisions.

This one has just too many errors that need to be unpacked:

1. There is no such thing as "recycling" energy in a closed system. Energy simply neither enters nor leaves.
2. No walls are needed to have a closed system, e.g. the sun and surrounding space
3. there is no such thing as statistical thermodynamics
4. nobody uses nonexistent things to make approximations
5. fortunately the approximations were clarified as being mathematical as opposed to social, legal, perfunctory, philosophical, imaginary or spicy cinnamon.
6. approximations do not create any illusions of elastic collisions. What is likely is that Kent is trying to merge classical physics and quantum mechanics in order to shift between models as convenient.

This illusion exists in most experimental systems, thus
upon idealistic elastic collision.

I hope we didn't send the unpacking crew home already. This one needs a modicum of heavy lifting.

1. I haven't seen any such illusions in any experimental systems.
2. I see the word "thus" again but I fail to see how "traditional theory's considerations" are somehow reinforced by such illusions were they to exist, seeing as how "traditional theory's considerations" were never defined.
3. I hate to call "No True Scotsman Fallacy" before any sort of coherence is achieved, but how does one know what constitutes an "idealistic" elastic collision.

In open systems there is no complete recycling of energy.

This "recycling of energy" is still not defined. As far as I know, energy can only change form. How is it supposedly "recycled." I'm going to bet that the answer to my question is that my lack of not knowing Kent's definition is somehow my fault, probably because I'm stupid.

I hate to call "No True Scotsman" fallacy twice before any coherence is achieved, but what constitutes "complete" recycling?

Hence, the statistical based approximations can lose its validity.

Did it ever have any validity to lose?

It is in open systems where perpetual motion does not exist, which has been traditionally explained in terms of the second law, a law whose mathematical construct is limited to systems where the illusion of elastic collisions exists.

Get the crew back here.

1. It's in closed systems that perpetual motion does not exist. In open systems, new energy can enter, forever. The 2nd law of thermodynamics applies only within the context of a closed system.
2. The second law of thermodynamics is not limited to systems where the illusion of elastic collisions exists.

Note that other explanations will be presented.

You haven't explained anything yet.

Other, illusions do exist. For example, the illusion of reversibility prevents us from realizing that the magnitude of the latent heat of vaporization is greater than that of the latent heat of condensation.

I'm cheating; I'm doing two sentences at the same time here.

1. What constitutes an "illusion." Nature does not lie. Our perceptions lie. Any illusions stem from our perceptions, not from nature.
2. The second law of thermodynamics tells us explicitly that time has direction and that you cannot count on reversibility.
3. What supposedly gives the illusion of reversibility?
4. There is no such thing as latent heat. This has no meaning. This must be one of Kent's misunderstandings of heat and thermal energy.
5. Oh yeah, people are always getting those two latent heats confused.

This also explains Loschmidt's paradox.

The Loschmidt's paradox is a totally moot non-value-added discussion about how time should be reversible ... except that we have the 2nd law of thermodynamics to tell us that it's not. This "paradox" is for people who want to sound smart and philosophical but who need a safe, sanitized topic that doesn't involve anything that can be shown to be incorrect.

A new understanding for Boltzmann constant will be given.

Great. We'll get to "understand" a number differently. 2023 is off to a great start.

Well you might start by stopping your meth snorting

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
30-01-2023 19:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:

You would flunk........................................

You mean you flunked

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

30-01-2023 21:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Explains the Bessler Wheel almost rotating pretty well. Or was it just an illusion?
30-01-2023 22:10
(14403)
Swan wrote:Well you might start by stopping your meth snorting

Who snorts meth? I beer-bong it.

31-01-2023 00:11
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
IBdaMann wrote:

Please quit bragging about being (Animal House reference)......
Attached image:

Edited on 31-01-2023 00:16
31-01-2023 00:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:

Well then there is no denying that you are a meth expert

ULTRA MAGA

31-01-2023 03:54
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Seriously, you don't know who Delta house is? I have to consider that only
2 people on the planet don't know this. Out of over 8 Billion people, you are 1 of 2.
I can't say for certain there is a 2nd person. I was being nice.
Edited on 31-01-2023 04:00
31-01-2023 04:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

2 people on the planet don't know this. Out of over 8 Billion people, you are 1 of 2.

First of all, delta house is not a who, it's a what, second if you really believe that all the world's population has seen Animal House, I calculate your grade point average as a whopping 0.0.

PS Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life Son.

ULTRA MAGA

31-01-2023 06:22
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

First of all, delta house is not a who, it's a what, second if you really believe that all the world's population has seen Animal House, I calculate your grade point average as a whopping 0.0.

Just an FYI, okay? Fat drunk and stupid needs a comma between fat, drunk and stupid. When insulting someone, please use proper grammar. I hope it's obvious. You can't be insulting when using improper English.
You should be saying; p.s., Fat, drunk and stupid. Notice how insulting it is when using proper Engleske? Jeg ne snakke Norske. I speak tolko po Engleeskee.
Then I can speak with "real" Americains". I like speaking your language. You Americains are the best.
Tu Americain est tres magnifique. Il est vrais. Un jour, je veus etre un Americain.
Did I get my French right?
Edited on 31-01-2023 06:39
31-01-2023 08:15
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-NYTz_tes
31-01-2023 08:33
James_
★★★★★
(2236)
And next there's this; https://www.sharlothallmuseum.org/the-bowers-brothers-and-the-agua-frio-ranch/
Where does this end? Can people post any crap and expect to get away with it?
31-01-2023 11:08
(21596)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

1d.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-01-2023 11:09
(21596)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

1a.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 31-01-2023 11:10
31-01-2023 14:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James_ wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Just an FYI, okay? Fat drunk and stupid needs a comma between fat, drunk and stupid. When insulting someone, please use proper grammar. I hope it's obvious. You can't be insulting when using improper English.
You should be saying; p.s., Fat, drunk and stupid. Notice how insulting it is when using proper Engleske? Jeg ne snakke Norske. I speak tolko po Engleeskee.
Then I can speak with "real" Americains". I like speaking your language. You Americains are the best.
Tu Americain est tres magnifique. Il est vrais. Un jour, je veus etre un Americain.
Did I get my French right?

Says the resident third grade grammar teacher at the school for autism who thinks that believes that Delta House was and is a person had a grade point average of 0.0 and who is going through life fat drunk & stupid.

Commas omitted for speed reading.

ULTRA MAGA

31-01-2023 18:51
(14403)
Swan wrote:Says the resident third grade grammar teacher at the school for autism who thinks that believes that Delta House was and is a person had a grade point average of 0.0 and who is going through life fat drunk & stupid.

All I know is that if you beer-bong a load of meth after beer-bonging a load of Play-Doh, your stool may come out a little weird.

01-02-2023 05:05
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the resident third grade grammar teacher at the school for autism who thinks that believes that Delta House was and is a person had a grade point average of 0.0 and who is going through life fat drunk & stupid.

All I know is that if you beer-bong a load of meth after beer-bonging a load of Play-Doh, your stool may come out a little weird.

Well you would know.................

Keep us posted

ULTRA MAGA

01-02-2023 05:32
(14403)
Swan wrote:Keep us posted

That's what I just did.
01-02-2023 13:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Keep us posted

That's what I just did.

We need more information such as how did your meth beer bong high compare to your meth pipe high versus snorting.

Keep us posted

PS. Technically thermodynamics cannot be new, as it predates humanity itself.

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate The Kent Papers: New Thermodynamics: The Second Law Buried by Illusions:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
Kent Papers: Book on Amazon ($4.95)13621-06-2023 21:26
Thou shalt not murder a tomato, this law has me in trouble213-05-2023 23:41
Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law5610-05-2023 15:46
Murphy's Law105-04-2023 21:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact