Remember me
▼ Content

proximate cause



Page 1 of 212>
proximate cause31-03-2021 17:39
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.
31-03-2021 18:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2052)
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.

Floyd died of a drug overdose.

Floyd was down on the ground at his own request because he refused to sit in the back of the police car (with the windows open or the AC on). He complained about not being able to breathe (which requires breathing, btw) well before any knee was on him.
31-03-2021 20:23
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.


Nope does not matter, even of Floyd had terminal cancer his life was still cut short by a brainwashed cop. Not that the government will ever own up to this

The spy wife

31-03-2021 21:06
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
The court will have to determine the method of intake to determine how long it had been since he took the fentanyl. If they can prove the fentanyl was just taking effect they defense might have a case.
31-03-2021 22:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2052)
keepit wrote:
The court will have to determine the method of intake to determine how long it had been since he took the fentanyl. If they can prove the fentanyl was just taking effect they defense might have a case.

It is not "guilty until proven innocent", dude... The prosecutor is who needs to "have a case". He needs to show that Chauvin "beyond a reasonable doubt" murdered Floyd.
01-04-2021 03:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3369)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.


Nope does not matter, even of Floyd had terminal cancer his life was still cut short by a brainwashed cop. Not that the government will ever own up to this

The spy wife



Yeah, suspects never lie, fake illness or injury, to escape custody... Floyd's life was cut short, by his choice to commit crimes. Of course democrats seem to think everything is legal, if you don't get caught...
01-04-2021 05:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
HarveyH55 wrote: Floyd's life was cut short, by his choice to commit crimes.

Floyd's beautiful, precious and unique life of crime was cut short by a rogue cop who wantonly decided on his own to follow standard procedures. It's indefensible that a cop can just willy-nilly single-out a belligerent intoxicated individual for questioning and even worse, use force when arrest is resisted. The whole police force is incorrigibly riddled with this sort of systemic racism.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-04-2021 06:51
James___
★★★★★
(4480)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: Floyd's life was cut short, by his choice to commit crimes.

Floyd's beautiful, precious and unique life of crime was cut short by a rogue cop who wantonly decided on his own to follow standard procedures. It's indefensible that a cop can just willy-nilly single-out a belligerent intoxicated individual for questioning and even worse, use force when arrest is resisted. The whole police force is incorrigibly riddled with this sort of systemic racism.

.



It is not the job of a police officer to dispense justice as you and Putin support.
I think I did post that after he died, why was he still considered a threat? Only you and Harvey would say "He had to be sure".
01-04-2021 11:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease.

Correct. It was an overdose of recreational drugs.
keepit wrote:
He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl.

Yes it was.
keepit wrote:
He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police.

Not according to the coroner's report.
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.

Nope. The officer wasn't on his chest. Floyd was yelling, "I can't breath!" BEFORE being pinned by officers for resisting arrest.
keepit wrote:
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.

Nope. Buzzword fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-04-2021 11:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.


Nope does not matter, even of Floyd had terminal cancer his life was still cut short by a brainwashed cop. Not that the government will ever own up to this

The spy wife


Nope. Floyd died of a drug overdose, not by cop.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-04-2021 11:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
The court will have to determine the method of intake to determine how long it had been since he took the fentanyl. If they can prove the fentanyl was just taking effect they defense might have a case.

It was already in his blood. It was already taking effect.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
01-04-2021 11:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: Floyd's life was cut short, by his choice to commit crimes.

Floyd's beautiful, precious and unique life of crime was cut short by a rogue cop who wantonly decided on his own to follow standard procedures. It's indefensible that a cop can just willy-nilly single-out a belligerent intoxicated individual for questioning and even worse, use force when arrest is resisted. The whole police force is incorrigibly riddled with this sort of systemic racism.

.



It is not the job of a police officer to dispense justice as you and Putin support.
I think I did post that after he died, why was he still considered a threat? Only you and Harvey would say "He had to be sure".

It is the job of a police officer to protect the public. Floyd was a menace to the public by resisting arrest and for his crimes. Floyd died of a drug overdose. The police were simply trying to arrest him.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 01-04-2021 11:38
01-04-2021 13:56
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Floyd didn't die of a drug overdose imo. The effects of opioids don't increase after they've been taken and he was seen for almost an hour at the store in which he didn't take any drugs. Unless he had taken a timed release version of fentanyl (and the is no evidence of this), then he wouldn't die of drug overdose an hour after taking the drug. The peak blood levels would occur immediately after taking the drug (the exception being a timed release version), not an hour later. Trying to prove drug overdose as the cause of death is a losing cause unless he was taking a timed release version. No proof of that so far.
He looked to me that he was having a panic attack.
01-04-2021 17:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
Floyd didn't die of a drug overdose imo.

Your opinion doesn't really count, does it?
keepit wrote:
The effects of opioids don't increase after they've been taken and he was seen for almost an hour at the store in which he didn't take any drugs. Unless he had taken a timed release version of fentanyl (and the is no evidence of this), then he wouldn't die of drug overdose an hour after taking the drug.

Drugs can affect you for quite awhile.
keepit wrote:
The peak blood levels would occur immediately after taking the drug (the exception being a timed release version), not an hour later. Trying to prove drug overdose as the cause of death is a losing cause unless he was taking a timed release version. No proof of that so far.

The coroner's report.
keepit wrote:
He looked to me that he was having a panic attack.

Dying from an overdose usually brings one on.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-04-2021 05:03
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Dying from an overdose doesn't bring on a panic attack.
Dying doesn't usually bring on a panic attack.
Edited on 02-04-2021 05:04
02-04-2021 05:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
keepit wrote: Dying from an overdose doesn't bring on a panic attack.

Dying, in whatever manner, ends all panic attacks.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-04-2021 08:50
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
ibd,
So, you're claiming that dead people don't have panic attacks. What's your point?
My point is that he may have been having a panic attack.
Also, it is apparent that restraint by knee to the neck should have stopped when Floyd stopped being combative. Floyd stopped being combative several minutes before the knee was removed. If the knee had been removed when he stopped being combative, he would have lived imo.
02-04-2021 16:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
keepit wrote:ibd, So, you're claiming that dead people don't have panic attacks. What's your point?

Did you read my post?

keepit wrote:My point is that he may have been having a panic attack.

How useful is it to identify individual possibilities? Might he have been thinking about refinancing? He may have been thinking about refinancing. Dying doesn't usually bring about thoughts of refinancing but he might have been thinking that.

Would you mind listing off all the possibilities of the situation? That way we'll have the benefit of a complete list. Please don't omit any of the remote possibilities because they truly complete the big picture.

keepit wrote: Also, it is apparent that restraint by knee to the neck should have stopped when Floyd stopped being combative.

You mean restraint of the upper shoulder. Why should it have ceased? Floyd wasn't letting up. Floyd should have never FORCED the cop to put him in that situation. Hemofilliacs should never pick fights. Belligerent druggies with heart conditions shouldn't get lit, engage cops and then resist arrest. Are you under the impression that they should?

The problem was Floyd, not the cops following procedures to protect the community.

Once again, Floyd was the problem. Floyd got himself killed. Floyd was an idiot

keepit wrote: If the knee had been removed when he stopped being combative, he would have lived imo.

... because you went to medical school, right? Of course you didn't go to medical school. Ask me how I know.

Question: How did the knee to the shoulder cause a heart attack?
Answer: It didn't.

The knee to the shoulder wasn't a factor. George Floyd's drug abuse and heart condition caused him to go into cardiac arrest and to die. That much is obvious.
An ambulance was called but Floyd's body was just too insistent on dying right away.

The police were not factors in the death. They just happened to be present at the time of Floyd's heart attack. I see that the sum of your medical training is to blame the people and objects in proximity to a heart attack ... for the heart attack. Too funny.

Have I ever mentioned that you are a moron? I don't remember at the moment if I have or not.

.
Attached image:

02-04-2021 17:02
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Just more trash talk ibd.
02-04-2021 18:24
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
ibd,
btw, i did go to paramedic school. It seems likely that Floyd suffered respiratory arrest followed by cardiac arrest. Not the other way around as you say. I think the resp arrest was due to fatigue as a result of struggling against the neck and body pressure put on him by the officers.
This not to say that he got so tired that he stopped breathing. He got tired as a result of the pressure and thereby became too weak to continue adequate breathing.
Edited on 02-04-2021 18:27
02-04-2021 19:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
Dying from an overdose doesn't bring on a panic attack.

Yes it can.
keepit wrote:
Dying doesn't usually bring on a panic attack.

It often can.

Fighting with the police and resisting arrest is not a panic attack. Psychoquackery.

Floyd is a known violent felon. Why are you protecting him? How do you justify burning, looting, and pillaging, for the likes of him?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 02-04-2021 19:21
02-04-2021 19:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
So, you're claiming that dead people don't have panic attacks. What's your point?
My point is that he may have been having a panic attack.

So...no point.
keepit wrote:
Also, it is apparent that restraint by knee to the neck should have stopped when Floyd stopped being combative.

No. Doesn't work that way. If you are pinned by the police, you are pinned until other units arrive to help the officer pinning you.
keepit wrote:
Floyd stopped being combative several minutes before the knee was removed. If the knee had been removed when he stopped being combative, he would have lived imo.

Your opinion doesn't really count.
Floyd died of drug overdose. He would've died in the patrol car.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-04-2021 19:21
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
I saw many people die. Only one of them panicked.
02-04-2021 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
I saw many people die. Only one of them panicked.


Bullshit. You're making up stories again. Bigotry. Reversal fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 02-04-2021 19:22
02-04-2021 19:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
Just more trash talk ibd.

Bulverism fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-04-2021 19:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15506)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
btw, i did go to paramedic school.

We know.
keepit wrote:
It seems likely that Floyd suffered respiratory arrest followed by cardiac arrest.

Not the other way around as you say.[/quote]
Not what the coroner said.
keepit wrote:
I think the resp arrest was due to fatigue as a result of struggling against the neck and body pressure put on him by the officers.

You obviously don't even know human anatomy.
keepit wrote:
This not to say that he got so tired that he stopped breathing.
He got tired as a result of the pressure and thereby became too weak to continue adequate breathing.

Paradox. Which is it dude?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-04-2021 19:31
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
You're confused.
02-04-2021 19:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
keepit wrote:You're confused.

You're a moron.

.
Attached image:

02-04-2021 19:45
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
What specifically don't you agree with and why?
02-04-2021 20:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3369)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
btw, i did go to paramedic school. It seems likely that Floyd suffered respiratory arrest followed by cardiac arrest. Not the other way around as you say. I think the resp arrest was due to fatigue as a result of struggling against the neck and body pressure put on him by the officers.
This not to say that he got so tired that he stopped breathing. He got tired as a result of the pressure and thereby became too weak to continue adequate breathing.


Gee, when I was a senior in high school, I took the Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving class, and got certified to be a lifeguard. Never used it though, got a better paying job, while waiting for an opening. Then went to college in the fall.

Cop should have used on of the electronic restraints... Let him flop an twitch on the pavement... Floyd's refusal to cooperate, should have opened the door, to any means necessary. An innocent man, doesn't resist.
02-04-2021 20:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9089)
keepit wrote:What specifically don't you agree with and why?

That's my question for you. Feel free to re-read my posts if necessary.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-04-2021 20:42
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
ibd,
You're the one that's disagreeing with my presentation of the case. There's a lot of flawed logic on this website.
02-04-2021 21:08
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2052)
keepit wrote:
There's a lot of flawed logic on this website.

... and a lot of it is coming from you.
02-04-2021 21:26
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
So tell me what i've said specifically that you think is flawed logic.
02-04-2021 21:59
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2109)
keepit wrote:
So tell me what i've said specifically that you think is flawed logic.


Helpful tip....

Use the scroll feature of your particular device to scroll up to the top of the page. You can then easily read all previous entries!


ANY mask is better than no mask, even if you have to resort to putting a tightly fit plastic bag over your head-COVIDEXPERTGFM

I don't have a GoFundMe, but I do have a PO Box (#666)-COVIDEXPERTGFM
02-04-2021 22:01
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
unresponsive.
02-04-2021 22:03
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(565)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
The proximate cause of Floyd's death wasn't heart disease. He lived just fine with that every day. The proximate cause wasn't fentanyl. He'd been metabolized that level down prior to his encounter with the police. The proximate cause was pressure on his neck causing a reduction in the flow of blood to his brain and also pressure to his chest making it more laborious to breathe.
Proximate cause is an important concept in emergency medicine and enters into legal cases frequently.


Nope does not matter, even of Floyd had terminal cancer his life was still cut short by a brainwashed cop. Not that the government will ever own up to this

The spy wife


Nope. Floyd died of a drug overdose, not by cop.


The cop might end up dead of an overdose
02-04-2021 22:04
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Gas,
You must have missed what i consider the key word in my post and that is the word "specifically". Do i really need to say more?
02-04-2021 23:06
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2109)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
You must have missed what i consider the key word in my post and that is the word "specifically". Do i really need to say more?


Keepit,
You must have missed the key words in my post and they are the words "scroll" and "read".


ANY mask is better than no mask, even if you have to resort to putting a tightly fit plastic bag over your head-COVIDEXPERTGFM

I don't have a GoFundMe, but I do have a PO Box (#666)-COVIDEXPERTGFM
03-04-2021 00:02
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Your reply is unresponsive.
I already did that.
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate proximate cause:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact