Remember me
▼ Content

perseverence

Page 1 of 212>
perseverence18-02-2021 18:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Perseverance is landing on mars today. They were aiming for the Large Hadron Collider though and missed. They wanted to go to the LHC and help those guys because some here think the guys at the LHC don't know anything because "nothing can be known". Oh well i guess they got close enough.
I hope i haven't jinxed the landing by saying this. NADA is awesome, so is LHC.
18-02-2021 22:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
What could possibly go wrong?
18-02-2021 23:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Safe touchdown! Pretty good for not being able to know anything.
18-02-2021 23:18
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I'm glad that you're happy.
18-02-2021 23:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
I can't imagine how happy the people who worked on the project are!
19-02-2021 01:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14458)
keepit wrote: Safe touchdown! Pretty good for not being able to know anything.

Remember, you are the only one who seemingly cannot know anything.

Attached image:

19-02-2021 01:36
(14458)
gfm7175 wrote: I'm glad that you're happy.

Remember, ignorance is bliss. You can be sure that keepit is happy ... always.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 01:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

They are relieved, that it didn't bounce and burn. It'll be days, before they know if all the systems are fully functional. The 'package' was delivered, but requires a lot of work, and testing, before it's ready to roll.
19-02-2021 02:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Perseverance is landing on mars today. They were aiming for the Large Hadron Collider though and missed. They wanted to go to the LHC and help those guys because some here think the guys at the LHC don't know anything because "nothing can be known". Oh well i guess they got close enough.
I hope i haven't jinxed the landing by saying this. NADA is awesome, so is LHC.

Is the LHC on Mars
19-02-2021 02:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Swan,
It's on earth. I assume you were asking a legitimate question.
19-02-2021 02:23
(14458)
keepit wrote: NADA is awesome

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 02:43
(14458)
keepit wrote: They were aiming for the Large James__ Collider (LJC) though and missed.

Attached image:

19-02-2021 02:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Spelling, punctuation, english capitalization, argumentativeness, semantics. Geez, it's boring.

Oops, i forgot about the lies and the false accusations.

Do you have anything productive?
Edited on 19-02-2021 02:56
19-02-2021 03:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
It's on earth. I assume you were asking a legitimate question.

The question is where is your brain

You said and I quote

"Perseverance is landing on mars today. They were aiming for the Large Hadron Collider though and missed."

So according to you a Mars lander was aiming for the large hadron collider

If you were being funny do not give up your day job
Edited on 19-02-2021 03:27
19-02-2021 03:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
My ex-wife told me my jokes aren't funny but i didn't believe her.
19-02-2021 06:27
(14458)
keepit wrote:My ex-wife told me my jokes aren't funny but i didn't believe her.

Regardless, your posts are hilarious. It all comes out in the wash.

19-02-2021 15:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

I think they played Pharrel's "Happy" in the background.
Attached image:

19-02-2021 15:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)

Attached image:

19-02-2021 19:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Spelling, punctuation, english capitalization, argumentativeness, semantics. Geez, it's boring.

Oops, i forgot about the lies and the false accusations.

Do you have anything productive?

Semantics fallacy. Void question.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-03-2021 17:44
Jacob114
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
How did you manage to tie the Mars rover landing to the LHC? I thought here we'll discuss the details of rover landing and something like that. This landing is such an important event for NASA and the whole world, so I don't even know how to describe it. Recently rover made its first drive, NASA published the first sounds of their equipment on Mars. Have someone heard about it?
18-03-2021 17:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Jacob,
I was just being facetious.
There are those that believe that NASA and the LHC are unreliable.
Edited on 18-03-2021 17:57
18-03-2021 18:46
(5197)
LHC is a huge waste of money. F'ing liberals... Rovers are cool. I really want to see them crash that drone, first flight... It's pretty much guaranteed. I've got quite a bit of flight experience, and don't think it'll go well, fully remote, relying on automatic modes, and sensors, with such a huge lag for the video. Lot of pre-flight, and calibration, just to fly line-of-sight, and still some getting use to.
18-03-2021 18:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Harvey,
I'm not so cynical about NASA and their gizmos.
BTW, what is your flight experience?
18-03-2021 20:10
(14458)
keepit wrote:Harvey, I'm not so cynical about NASA and their gizmos.

... because NASA is a government agency and, in your mind, that puts them above reproach. You look to them to do your thinking for you, as a government service, and that precludes your ability to question them in any way.

It also precludes you from having any credibility or authority on the matter.

18-03-2021 20:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

His "flight" experience includes but is not limited to LSD and PCP.
18-03-2021 22:57
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Jacob,
I was just being facetious.
There are those that believe that NASA and the LHC are unreliable.

NASA is unreliable. It is a government agency.
The LHC is a device.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-03-2021 22:58
(21645)
HarveyH55 wrote:
LHC is a huge waste of money. F'ing liberals... Rovers are cool. I really want to see them crash that drone, first flight... It's pretty much guaranteed. I've got quite a bit of flight experience, and don't think it'll go well, fully remote, relying on automatic modes, and sensors, with such a huge lag for the video. Lot of pre-flight, and calibration, just to fly line-of-sight, and still some getting use to.

People said the same thing about NASA...a huge waste of money to go to the Moon.

The Parrot Killer

18-03-2021 22:58
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Irrelevant question.

The Parrot Killer

18-03-2021 23:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
itn,
You forget the he brought up his flight experience.
18-03-2021 23:43
(21645)
keepit wrote:
itn,
You forget the he brought up his flight experience.

Hallucination. YOU asked the question...an irrelevant question.

The Parrot Killer

18-03-2021 23:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Not true itn.
19-03-2021 00:14
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

I've been flying RC helicopters and quadrocopters for over 10 years now. I don't fly as much, because of the FAA rules keep changing. I am registered with the FAA. I'm not sure if I'll continue, if they require transponders, which seems to be in the works.

I do believe in NASA, and the need for something like it. Doubt will find much of anything useful, or value in space. The value, is in the journey we take, to develop the technology and materials, to get there. I really don't agree with sending people to Mars, as it's going to be a one way ticket for quite a few, before any even have a reasonable chance of returning home. The environment doesn't support human life, even a little bit. Everything needed to survive, everything, needs to be packed in, and no room for waste or failure. Takes too long to send assistance.
19-03-2021 00:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Harvey,
I don't see how we can set up living arrangements on mars for a large number of people.
We might learn some surprises though.
I remember the movies "Flight of the Phoenix".
19-03-2021 02:04
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Not true itn.

keepit wrote:
Harvey,

You're a liar, keepit.

The Parrot Killer

19-03-2021 02:06
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I don't see how we can set up living arrangements on mars for a large number of people.

Life is not the movies, keepit.

The Parrot Killer

19-03-2021 02:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Yet by going to Mars, the technological developments might help us. With just landing on an asteroid, better computer imaging was realized. The number of pixels increased significantly.
And then NASA landed a spacecraft on that asteroid while what your smartphone could do was much improved. Space exploration does benefit innovation here on Earth. How do you guys not know this stuff?
19-03-2021 06:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This might be an impossible search. NASA spent about $100 Million to increase the resolution of a digital photograph. They needed to increase the number of pixels. And the $100 Million made video capture going from a small number to a large number.
And today, a search for the specific numbers could take weeks or months with the amount of information available online. But around the year 2000, digital cameras were extremely limited.

This might have been the asteroid. https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/missions/near-shoemaker/in-depth/ If you follow NASA, and it was 2001 when digital photography sucked, and yet you don't know this. I will be asking myself why you don't know this. You're Americans. Yet you don't know it. Care to explain?

And yes you idiots, landing a probe on that piece of space rock could have caused NASA to invest $100 Million so they could take a better picture of it. Then they could land something on it and at the same time, your phones could take better pictures. And you guys really don't know this? Seriously?

At least keepit knows that NASA's work matters. As for the rest of you guys, you're just pathetic.
And this can show how between 2000 and 2020 how much more information is on the internet. It's growth is extremely exponential. Search that if you want. Data online today vs. the year 2000. It's a fantastic difference. Probably why finding information on NASA spending $100 Million on abetter digital camera might be hard to find. And yes, I do think the asteroid I showed you is the correct one. The US beat Russia to it, right? It was that important.
Edited on 19-03-2021 07:21
19-03-2021 11:05
(21645)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Yet by going to Mars, the technological developments might help us. With just landing on an asteroid, better computer imaging was realized. The number of pixels increased significantly.
And then NASA landed a spacecraft on that asteroid while what your smartphone could do was much improved. Space exploration does benefit innovation here on Earth. How do you guys not know this stuff?

NASA never landed a spacecraft on an asteroid. JPL did though. JPL also did the Mars trip.
All NASA did was launch the rocket to get the thing into orbit.

The Parrot Killer

19-03-2021 13:58
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

NASA never landed a spacecraft on an asteroid. JPL did though. JPL also did the Mars trip.
All NASA did was launch the rocket to get the thing into orbit.

Please don't parrot JPL.
19-03-2021 16:07
(14458)
James___ wrote: This might have been the asteroid.

Nope. That's a dead beluga whale baby that got confused and separated from its mother because of Climate Change.

James___ wrote: As for the rest of you guys, you're just pathetic.

As long as I'm included then we're good.

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate perseverence:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact