★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
These are the new words I have seen applied in 12 months
.Outpace .Something horses do on racetracks
.Record breaking
.Apocolyptic
I have to go do a job feel free to add to the list

Okay, ok, ok, I get your point. While it's not like some broad winning the Melbourne Cup (won't happen even though it did)
, it is like winning the Melbourne Cup for the 3rd time in 5 weeks. And it's rare that it happens. And all 3 words fit this performance of a horse.

***spoiler alert***

The horse Sham had just set the 2nd fastest time EVER for the 2 previous races and did not win either one. You will be allowed one guess why he lost both races after watching this educational video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18ui3Rtjz4
Edited on 02-07-2020 14:45
02-07-2020 20:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
For climatology, it's not so much new words, and catch phrases, it's that they have different meanings, that what were traditional taught.

Man-made CO2 really confused me for a while, since I don't recall ever hearing mention of any other types of CO2. I thought it odd, since man-made CO2 seems to be very powerful, potent stuff, for a trace gas. I never figured out how you could refine man-made CO2, for the worthless natural CO2.
02-07-2020 22:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)

This diagram and others that are similar, repeatedly emerge in discussions.

This one expresses an equilibrium ... ergo there is no way there can be any temperature increase. If someone were to say "this explains the increase in the average global temperature" you can point to the zero additional energy and the impossibility that the average temperature can increase.

In other diagrams the amount of energy escaping is less than that entering (usually by a very small amount) to express that "greenhouse gas" is preventing some of the energy from "escaping into space" or is "slowing" it's escape into space. The problem is that the diagram must be in equilibrium ... and it is not, and is therefore summarily discarded.

Every Global Warming or Greenhouse Effect explanation ends up being a "find the physics violation in the following ..."

Edited on 02-07-2020 22:21
03-07-2020 03:45
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Thank you for putting that up for me.My issue is how the greenhouse gasses are depicted as a blanket above the Earth.Unless proven otherwise I believe CO2 is dissolved in to the air or do they hover at a certain height
03-07-2020 04:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
duncan61 wrote: Thank you for putting that up for me.My issue is how the greenhouse gasses are depicted as a blanket above the Earth.Unless proven otherwise I believe CO2 is dissolved in to the air or do they hover at a certain height

CO2 is mixed in with the rest of the atmosphere, with a statistical tendency of being located closer toward the solid surface (the bottom of the atmosphere) on average due to it being heavier than the other nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the atmopshere.

Nonetheless, CO2 molecules are just molecules and they get blown around to all altitudes with any current, updraft, rising air, storm, etc... CO2 goes wherever the rest of the air goes.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-07-2020 04:56
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
It is possible to purchase a small cylinder of CO2 at Bunnings I will get one and take it with me to the first Citizens Climate Lobby Group meeting I attend in person.Might be good fun.People that know me are claiming my life expectancy in this group to be about 32 seconds
03-07-2020 05:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
duncan61 wrote:
Thank you for putting that up for me.My issue is how the greenhouse gasses are depicted as a blanket above the Earth.Unless proven otherwise I believe CO2 is dissolved in to the air or do they hover at a certain height

CO2 is everywhere, but tends to stay in the lower atmosphere due to it's weight compared to other gases.

It conducts heat better than most any other gas in the atmosphere, so the argument that it is somehow an insulator (thermal energy can't leave the atmosphere anyway) is pretty bogus.

The only way for energy to leave the Earth is by radiating it as light.

And you can't trap light.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-07-2020 05:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
duncan61 wrote:
It is possible to purchase a small cylinder of CO2 at Bunnings I will get one and take it with me to the first Citizens Climate Lobby Group meeting I attend in person.Might be good fun.People that know me are claiming my life expectancy in this group to be about 32 seconds

Bring it in using hot mitts. After all, they think CO2 somehow warms the Earth. Then take 'em off and touch the cylinder with your bare hands! Demonstrate your bravery in handling a tank of CO2!

Then you can make dry ice with it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 03-07-2020 05:13
03-07-2020 06:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Bring it in using hot mitts. After all, they think CO2 somehow warms the Earth. Then take 'em off and touch the cylinder with your bare hands! Demonstrate your bravery in handling a tank of CO2!

Then you can make dry ice with it.

Hahahahahahahahaha that would be hilarious
04-07-2020 05:02
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

This diagram and others that are similar, repeatedly emerge in discussions.

This one expresses an equilibrium ... ergo there is no way there can be any temperature increase. If someone were to say "this explains the increase in the average global temperature" you can point to the zero additional energy and the impossibility that the average temperature can increase.

In other diagrams the amount of energy escaping is less than that entering (usually by a very small amount) to express that "greenhouse gas" is preventing some of the energy from "escaping into space" or is "slowing" it's escape into space. The problem is that the diagram must be in equilibrium ... and it is not, and is therefore summarily discarded.

Every Global Warming or Greenhouse Effect explanation ends up being a "find the physics violation in the following ..."

They only thing the diagram makes clear, is that Climate Change people, also believe the Earth is flat...

Join the debate new words the Dunkstar has learned:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
If you use any of the following words in a communication, the NSA will know that you are a terrorist927-07-2023 02:16
Joe Biden speaking his two most famous words ever111-03-2023 05:57
LOL the new king of England never learned how pens work. Most inbred people have this very same problem014-09-2022 21:13
The Savior Messiah Buddha Final Words About The Virus Pandemic126-06-2021 20:55
Words, Languages Is The Highest Level Connection Between People & The Only Tool Help You To Understan218-06-2021 11:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact