Remember me
▼ Content

Major Climate catastrophe, Happening Now!

Major Climate catastrophe, Happening Now!10-12-2020 21:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/massive-iceberg-collision-course-with-island-where-penguin-colony-live/L277ZZMMGJGNVEPSS4XFJBOT7A/

An iceberg that broke off the tip of Antarctica nearly three years ago could be on a collision course with the tip of South America and devastate a colony of penguins living there, scientists said.

A collision could take days, weeks, or could not happen at all, given the right conditions.
"(The currents) still have the power to take this iceberg in one direction or another away from South Georgia," Geraint Tarling, an oceanographer with the British Antarctic Survey, told Reuters. "But it is really, really close, less than 50 kilometers (31 miles) away from the south shelf edge. That's getting so close that it's almost inevitable."

The iceberg, which is about the size of the state of Delaware, is slightly smaller than when it broke off of the Antarctic peninsula in July 2017 when it was 2,240 square-feet, according to NASA. The edges of the iceberg continue to deteriorate and break off into fragments, which are fairly significantly sized and could pose a hazard to shipping, the BBC reported.

A sizable Christmas 'gift', for the penguins and polar bears this year...

How come there was never anything ever done, about these massive 'ice cubes', since the sinking of the Titanic, and quite a few other boats, over the decades? Just seems to me that every year, or two, a new hunk of ice breaks loose, terrorize the seas, until it melts. Global warming is a little to slow, to ease the threat, this killer ice chunks pose to life, and property. Couldn't they just shove them over to some place with a fresh water shortage, or dying from the heat caused by man-made CO2? Here, nature just handed us a ready made solution, and they just leave it floating around, killing penguins and polar bears
10-12-2020 21:28
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
10-12-2020 21:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/massive-iceberg-collision-course-with-island-where-penguin-colony-live/L277ZZMMGJGNVEPSS4XFJBOT7A/

An iceberg that broke off the tip of Antarctica nearly three years ago could be on a collision course with the tip of South America and devastate a colony of penguins living there, scientists said.

A collision could take days, weeks, or could not happen at all, given the right conditions.
"(The currents) still have the power to take this iceberg in one direction or another away from South Georgia," Geraint Tarling, an oceanographer with the British Antarctic Survey, told Reuters. "But it is really, really close, less than 50 kilometers (31 miles) away from the south shelf edge. That's getting so close that it's almost inevitable."

The iceberg, which is about the size of the state of Delaware, is slightly smaller than when it broke off of the Antarctic peninsula in July 2017 when it was 2,240 square-feet, according to NASA. The edges of the iceberg continue to deteriorate and break off into fragments, which are fairly significantly sized and could pose a hazard to shipping, the BBC reported.

A sizable Christmas 'gift', for the penguins and polar bears this year...

How come there was never anything ever done, about these massive 'ice cubes', since the sinking of the Titanic, and quite a few other boats, over the decades? Just seems to me that every year, or two, a new hunk of ice breaks loose, terrorize the seas, until it melts. Global warming is a little to slow, to ease the threat, this killer ice chunks pose to life, and property. Couldn't they just shove them over to some place with a fresh water shortage, or dying from the heat caused by man-made CO2? Here, nature just handed us a ready made solution, and they just leave it floating around, killing penguins and polar bears

The penquins aren't going to give a damn about the iceberg. It won't wipe out anything related to the penquins.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-12-2020 22:55
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Harvey, by christmas present did you mean an iceberg full on penquins heading toward polar bears habitat?
10-12-2020 23:37
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I like penguins. They have quite a bit of personality. Adélie penguins in particular are quite interesting to me... They are very small, yet they don't take no shit, even from the likes of giant petrels.

Join the debate Major Climate catastrophe, Happening Now!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Washington Post reports that a majority of covid deaths are happening to vaccinated people5304-12-2022 06:24
Major Disappointment612-10-2022 13:48
Greenland: Zombie Apocalpse Happening NOW!!!105-09-2022 05:02
The Virus Pandemic NCOV COVID Only Hasten The Natural Catastrophe Mega Disasters216-07-2021 07:31
The Global Currency Reset GCR Will Only Occur After A Major Society System Change610-07-2021 18:53
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact