Remember me
▼ Content

Good beginner book

Good beginner book26-08-2019 03:22
fishfood5266
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hi, Im new to this topic but would like to learn more about it, particularly the maths and science or something with facts and is practical and also current challenges and trends in technology. Is there a book that covers those aspects that you could suggest reading? Thanks!
26-08-2019 03:26
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
fishfood5266 wrote:Is there a book that covers those aspects

Welcome!

Be aware that the forums online, not just this one, are usually focused on the points of disagreement between the participants. So you get a poor overview of the issues.

I personally think videos tend to be easier to follow for most people.

I would start though with general science subjects like thermodynamics, physics, and chemistry.

Later when you get to things focused on CO2 produced by human impacting the temperature of Earth, for example, it'll make more sense.
Edited on 26-08-2019 03:26
26-08-2019 03:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14452)
fishfood5266 wrote:
Hi, Im new to this topic but would like to learn more about it, particularly the maths and science or something with facts and is practical and also current challenges and trends in technology. Is there a book that covers those aspects that you could suggest reading? Thanks!

Do you believe in Global Warming?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-08-2019 04:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
fishfood5266 wrote:

Do you believe in Global Warming?

Do you 'believe' in God?

sorry...
26-08-2019 22:59
Third world guy
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
fishfood5266 wrote:

Good question!

Maybe I am a little more advanced than you, enough to know that the book you are looking for depends on what you want to find.

Do you believe in global warming?
Are you skeptical?
Are you a denialist?

There are hundreds of books and articles (more or less scientific) for any taste.

My recommendation is that you closely follow the interventions of IBdaMan and To the Night at this forum. With them you will realize that you are not moving in easy or defined terrain.

I simply consider myself a dimensioner, trying by many means to understand and measure a complicated reality, with no good results for the moment.

The only thing I believe is in what has already happened, and yet there are hundreds of different interpretations of that past reality.

Enjoy this place!

There are three kinds of climate change: that generated by natural factors; that generated by man; and that generated by economic interests.
26-08-2019 23:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14452)
HarveyH55 wrote: Do you 'believe' in God?

No, I do not. I am an atheist.

However, every now and then I encounter a warmizombie who insists that I am a Christian, even trying to offend me with dispersions targeting Christianity. In such cases I play along ... I jump into the phone booth and change into IBDaFundamentalist. Sometimes it's so much easier to body-slam a warmizombie with a competing religion.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-08-2019 00:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

However, every now and then I encounter a warmizombie who insists that I am a Christian, even trying to offend me with dispersions targeting Christianity. In such cases I play along ... I jump into the phone booth and change into IBDaFundamentalist. Sometimes it's so much easier to body-slam a warmizombie with a competing religion.

It was just the "Do you believe in..." question, sort of reminded me of the door-to-door preachers, that don't seem to like large dogs for some reason. Mine have been curious, but friendly and well mannered. They never come back, been a long time too. The always started with that question. Guess it decides which part of the script/scripture they read from.

Wonder if the Jehovah Witnesses ever copyrighted their sales pitch. I think Al Gore may have plagiarized.
27-08-2019 00:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21629)
IBdaMann wrote:

Have you changed your outlook? Before you said you were an agnostic.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-08-2019 00:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21629)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It was just the "Do you believe in..." question, sort of reminded me of the door-to-door preachers, that don't seem to like large dogs for some reason. Mine have been curious, but friendly and well mannered. They never come back, been a long time too. The always started with that question. Guess it decides which part of the script/scripture they read from.

Wonder if the Jehovah Witnesses ever copyrighted their sales pitch. I think Al Gore may have plagiarized.

I think they might have. Perhaps you had better notify them of the plagiarism.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Good beginner book:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Kent Papers: Book on Amazon ($4.95)13929-04-2024 00:12
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Book your bargain rate Israeli Tel Aviv or Jerusalem vacation now, free 4th of July style fireworks inclu118-10-2023 05:25
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
New Unique Vision For A Better Society Model Book Document For Sale117-06-2023 18:05
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact