Remember me
▼ Content

Electricity

Electricity04-08-2023 05:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
So, the price of electricity is going to go up, maybe way up, because of an increase in the number of electric vehicles and electric stoves and other electric items. And also because of the cost of the infrastructure needed to be built to support the new electric demand. Then the cost of gas will go down, maybe way down, because of the reduced demand for gas operated items that won't be needed so much anymore.
The problem is that politicians make decisions about these sorts of things and they really don't understand much science and they think they know the future of things, and they just don't.
Neither do i !!
04-08-2023 07:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
The majority of US electricity is created by burning oil.

Gasoline is made from refined oil.

Biden refuses to unleash American oil.

Electricity AND gas prices are only going up.
04-08-2023 18:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
keepit wrote:
So, the price of electricity is going to go up, maybe way up, because of an increase in the number of electric vehicles and electric stoves and other electric items. And also because of the cost of the infrastructure needed to be built to support the new electric demand. Then the cost of gas will go down, maybe way down, because of the reduced demand for gas operated items that won't be needed so much anymore.
The problem is that politicians make decisions about these sorts of things and they really don't understand much science and they think they know the future of things, and they just don't.
Neither do i !!

It is not science. It is just tyranny.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-08-2023 18:12
(21612)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Not quite true. The majority of electricity in the US is from natural gas and coal.
GasGuzzler wrote:
Gasoline is made from refined oil.

Many products are made from refined oil, including gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene (jet fuel), paints and solvents for them, plastics, heating oil, etc.
GasGuzzler wrote:
Biden refuses to unleash American oil.

Fortunately a court overruled some of that. Unfortunately, Biden is ignoring the court and treating the judicial system with contempt. He is ignoring Supreme Court rulings against him as well.

No, this is not going to end peacefully.

GasGuzzler wrote:
Electricity AND gas prices are only going up.

Yup.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-08-2023 18:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Not quite true. The majority of electricity in the US is from natural gas and coal.
[

Yup, I stand corrected....I was thinking largest single share ...if I remember right it's 35-40% is generated by oil.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
04-08-2023 19:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

[

Yup, I stand corrected....I was thinking largest single share ...if I remember right it's 35-40% is generated by oil.

And apparently my memory sucks!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
04-08-2023 23:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

LOL my next-door neighbor has $60,000.00 in solar panels, I have none and he pays 12% more for electricity than I do. You are a fool living in a perpetuated delusion, just like my neighbor.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
04-08-2023 23:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Green Hydrogen Isn't So Green
Companies like SoCalGas insist that their hydrogen will be clean, but that's a lofty promise to make when currently 95% of hydrogen energy comes from fracked gas. The other 5%, called "green" hydrogen, comes from splitting water molecules with electricity from renewable energy.

But even if industry could produce "green" hydrogen at scale, it would still be wasteful and inefficient. Compared to renewable-powered batteries, which are 80% efficient, hydrogen fuel cells are only 30%. That makes hydrogen far more expensive than renewable-based electric power.

What's more, hydrogen is a thirsty power source. Throughout its life cycle, each megawatt-hour of "green" hydrogen consumes at least 5,000 liters of water. Compare that to solar, which uses 20 liters per MWh, or wind, which uses just 1 liter per MWh.

Climate change already threatens our water supplies. L.A. and the rest of California is in the midst of a megadrought. A huge hydrogen buildout will only make things worse.

We can't even be sure that "green" hydrogen will actually create no emissions. Hydrogen is a very small molecule, making it more likely than methane to leak. But if it does, we are in trouble. Hydrogen molecules have a global warming potential 11 times greater than carbon dioxide.

Moreover, SoCalGas, the utility behind L.A.'s hydrogen plans, has a scary track record when it comes to leaks. In 2015, it subjected L.A. to the largest methane leak in U.S. history.

The utility's Aliso Canyon storage facility leaked for 100 days. SoCalGas failed to monitor the facility properly or immediately report the leak to officials, leading to the evacuation of thousands of residents. Now consider this: hydrogen leaks are even less regulated than methane leaks.

Green Hydrogen Risks Dangers in Our Homes and Backyards
Hydrogen poses other health and safety risks to communities. It's volatile and flammable, even more so than fracked gas. Hydrogen pipelines have already caused explosions, posing major dangers to communities near that infrastructure. Moreover, hydrogen is currently stored as ammonia, a hazardous chemical that can cause death in high concentrations.

Public health risks go beyond pipelines and facilities and into homes. Utilities have proposed blending hydrogen with methane in power plants and utility lines to burn for home heating.

Not only is this wildly inefficient compared to electric heating — burning hydrogen can lead to nitrogen oxide pollution six times greater than burning fracked gas. Such pollution is an ingredient for particulate matter and ozone, which cause respiratory illnesses that already plague frontline communities.

These communities, disproportionately home to people of color, have been sacrifice zones for decades of industrial activity. Hydrogen will only entrench this environmental racism.

Dirty Energy Companies Hide Behind Green Hydrogen
It's no coincidence that some of the dirtiest polluters are heavily investing in "green" hydrogen. Too often, they use these projects to greenwash the expansion of pipelines or power plants.

There's no way we can take these companies seriously when they say they're fighting climate change. Dirty energy utilities have hidden the dangers of climate change for decades. SoCalGas even spent ratepayer funds to lobby against climate action. And utilities are widely stalling on their climate promises: all talk, no walk.

We can't trust companies like SoCalGas with our clean energy future. If allowed, they'll gobble up our tax dollars through hydrogen subsidies and raise rates to help cover the expensive projects, too.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

05-08-2023 04:13
(21612)
GasGuzzler wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

[

And apparently my memory sucks!

It's just a bit less than 1%. We save the oil products for cars, trucks, equipment, and aircraft.
Most electricity is generated using natural gas, coal, or nuclear. Some areas have access to hydroelectric power.

Source: EIA
Source:

The Parrot Killer

05-08-2023 04:16
(21612)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Companies like SoCalGas insist that their hydrogen will be clean, but that's a lofty promise to make when currently 95% of hydrogen energy comes from fracked gas. The other 5%, called "green" hydrogen, comes from splitting water molecules with electricity from renewable energy.

But even if industry could produce "green" hydrogen at scale, it would still be wasteful and inefficient. Compared to renewable-powered batteries, which are 80% efficient, hydrogen fuel cells are only 30%. That makes hydrogen far more expensive than renewable-based electric power.

What's more, hydrogen is a thirsty power source. Throughout its life cycle, each megawatt-hour of "green" hydrogen consumes at least 5,000 liters of water. Compare that to solar, which uses 20 liters per MWh, or wind, which uses just 1 liter per MWh.

Climate change already threatens our water supplies. L.A. and the rest of California is in the midst of a megadrought. A huge hydrogen buildout will only make things worse.

We can't even be sure that "green" hydrogen will actually create no emissions. Hydrogen is a very small molecule, making it more likely than methane to leak. But if it does, we are in trouble. Hydrogen molecules have a global warming potential 11 times greater than carbon dioxide.

Moreover, SoCalGas, the utility behind L.A.'s hydrogen plans, has a scary track record when it comes to leaks. In 2015, it subjected L.A. to the largest methane leak in U.S. history.

The utility's Aliso Canyon storage facility leaked for 100 days. SoCalGas failed to monitor the facility properly or immediately report the leak to officials, leading to the evacuation of thousands of residents. Now consider this: hydrogen leaks are even less regulated than methane leaks.

Hydrogen poses other health and safety risks to communities. It's volatile and flammable, even more so than fracked gas. Hydrogen pipelines have already caused explosions, posing major dangers to communities near that infrastructure. Moreover, hydrogen is currently stored as ammonia, a hazardous chemical that can cause death in high concentrations.

Public health risks go beyond pipelines and facilities and into homes. Utilities have proposed blending hydrogen with methane in power plants and utility lines to burn for home heating.

Not only is this wildly inefficient compared to electric heating — burning hydrogen can lead to nitrogen oxide pollution six times greater than burning fracked gas. Such pollution is an ingredient for particulate matter and ozone, which cause respiratory illnesses that already plague frontline communities.

These communities, disproportionately home to people of color, have been sacrifice zones for decades of industrial activity. Hydrogen will only entrench this environmental racism.

It's no coincidence that some of the dirtiest polluters are heavily investing in "green" hydrogen. Too often, they use these projects to greenwash the expansion of pipelines or power plants.

There's no way we can take these companies seriously when they say they're fighting climate change. Dirty energy utilities have hidden the dangers of climate change for decades. SoCalGas even spent ratepayer funds to lobby against climate action. And utilities are widely stalling on their climate promises: all talk, no walk.

We can't trust companies like SoCalGas with our clean energy future. If allowed, they'll gobble up our tax dollars through hydrogen subsidies and raise rates to help cover the expensive projects, too.

Climate cannot change.

The Parrot Killer

05-08-2023 04:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Climate cannot change.

Climate is always changing, and always will.

ULTRA MAGA

06-08-2023 00:55
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Climate cannot change.

Climate has no value associated with it. It cannot change.

The Parrot Killer

06-08-2023 05:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Climate cannot change.

Actually climate has many values associated with it. However useless trolls like you have no value.

ULTRA MAGA

06-08-2023 23:10
(21612)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Climate cannot change.

Actually climate has many values associated with it.
None.

The Parrot Killer

07-08-2023 01:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Neither do i !!

Climate cannot change.

Actually climate has many values associated with it.
None.

None that your meager government paycheck IQ can comprehend.

Yawn

ULTRA MAGA

07-08-2023 02:18
(21612)
Swan wrote:
None that ...
Mantra 1a.

The Parrot Killer

07-08-2023 04:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually climate has many values associated with it.
None.
None that your meager government paycheck IQ can comprehend. Yawn

Too funny! I mean WAY too funny!

Not only did you lead with "Actually," (to give us your usual heads-up that you are about to post something totally absurd) but you proceeded to claim that "climate has many values" ... and still haven't listed any examples! You could have ended this immediately with some examples ... but apparently you don't have any ... and so you led with "Actually," ... and my universe remains consistent.

I hope you have a great rest of your day.
07-08-2023 14:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually climate has many values associated with it.
None.
None that your meager government paycheck IQ can comprehend. Yawn

Too funny! I mean WAY too funny!

Not only did you lead with "Actually," (to give us your usual heads-up that you are about to post something totally absurd) but you proceeded to claim that "climate has many values" ... and still haven't listed any examples! You could have ended this immediately with some examples ... but apparently you don't have any ... and so you led with "Actually," ... and my universe remains consistent.

I hope you have a great rest of your day.

Actually, the last ice age happened, regardless of whether or not I was there to see it as you claim must have happened for ice to form.

Actually there are no laws preventing retards like you from being retarded, as retards are people too.

ULTRA MAGA

07-08-2023 15:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
Swan wrote: Actually, the last ice age happened, ...

Case in point. Thank you. By the way, you needn't repeat that you believe in ice ages. I got it. First Amendment, baby. You get to believe whatever you want to believe.

You go, girl!

Swan wrote: Actually there are no laws preventing retards like you from being retarded, as retards are people too.

I see you were quick to take advantage of said freedom to be retarded. Unfortunately for me I didn't respond when my name was called (I was listening to Rammstein on the headphones and I was thinking only of conquering Europe) so I missed out.

What is it like being retarded? Is it bliss as well?
07-08-2023 19:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually, the last ice age happened, ...

Case in point. Thank you. By the way, you needn't repeat that you believe in ice ages. I got it. First Amendment, baby. You get to believe whatever you want to believe.

You go, girl!

Swan wrote: Actually there are no laws preventing retards like you from being retarded, as retards are people too.

I see you were quick to take advantage of said freedom to be retarded. Unfortunately for me I didn't respond when my name was called (I was listening to Rammstein on the headphones and I was thinking only of conquering Europe) so I missed out.

What is it like being retarded? Is it bliss as well?

Actually, the last ice age happened, regardless of whether or not I was there to see it as you claim must have happened for ice to form.

Actually there are no laws preventing retards like you from being retarded, as retards are people too.
Market Summary
>
Apple Inc
178.67 USD
+126.79 (244.39%)past 5 years
Aug 7, 12:11 PM EDT * Disclaimer

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate Electricity:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Project for the production of electricity324-04-2024 16:04
The USA electricity system - Hourly billing.?10802-02-2024 20:52
Surplus electricity from wind power8801-02-2021 01:46
Do we handle electricity correct?1621-12-2019 01:31
China uses coal for most of its electricity. Should China leave UN if IPCC orders China to925-02-2019 23:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact