Remember me
▼ Content

CO2 sensor

CO2 sensor13-06-2021 09:49
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its been a while since I turned on my CO2 meter.At start up in the bedroom it was 889ppm I left it a while then took it outside and it dropped to 413ppm and is stable.Not much different from last time

duncan61
13-06-2021 18:21
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
It is really odd how so many people were sold on the deadly pollution CO2, and how alarming 400 ppm. None seem aware that indoors levels of CO2 are 2-3 higher, almost all the time. People seal, insulated their homes, to reduce energy use 'going green'. Besides, who doesn't like save 19 cents every month on there electric bill. They should be more concern over all the actual pollution, and potentially fatal air quality issues they have trapped in their homes.
17-06-2021 05:41
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I watched the mythbusters do a basic test.They set up 4 clear plastic greenhouses with an ice statue on a tray and had 2 as controls and one with Extra CO2 and the other with Extra methane.Turned on heat lamps and watched the results.Within a few minutes the controls both went to 28.C and the CO2 went to 28.8.C and Methane to 28.9.C.What I learned from this is the temperature stopped It did not keep rising and when the ppm was worked out it was 75,000ppm at which point we would all be dead and I do not believe there is enough material to burn on the planet to get to 75,000ppm.They declared myth proved but it was done in a small plastic box in a warehouse with no wind rain clouds or all the other stuff that is impossible to calculate
17-06-2021 06:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Its been a while since I turned on my CO2 meter.At start up in the bedroom it was 889ppm I left it a while then took it outside and it dropped to 413ppm and is stable.Not much different from last time

@1000 ppm, CO2 becomes a health hazard. @889, you are safe. At the same time it is about 410 outside. Please note that CO2 levels indoors are much higher.
That's the real threat.
17-06-2021 06:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14448)

James___ wrote: @1000 ppm, CO2 becomes a health hazard.

Nope. Whatever gave you that crazy idea?

The human lungs are built specifically to handle/process steady flows of CO2. How do you not know this?

17-06-2021 09:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
I watched the mythbusters do a basic test.They set up 4 clear plastic greenhouses with an ice statue on a tray and had 2 as controls and one with Extra CO2 and the other with Extra methane.Turned on heat lamps and watched the results.Within a few minutes the controls both went to 28.C and the CO2 went to 28.8.C and Methane to 28.9.C.What I learned from this is the temperature stopped It did not keep rising and when the ppm was worked out it was 75,000ppm at which point we would all be dead and I do not believe there is enough material to burn on the planet to get to 75,000ppm.They declared myth proved but it was done in a small plastic box in a warehouse with no wind rain clouds or all the other stuff that is impossible to calculate

This popular parlor trick convinces rubes that CO2 causes warming. All it really shows is that CO2 can absorb infrared light. We already know this. The boxes have nothing to do with outside air, and ANYTHING above absolute zero also radiates light.

You can't heat a warmer surface using a colder gas.

The surface does indeed radiate light that is absorbed by CO2. It is just another way for the surface to heat the air, and the surface is cooled in the process.

You don't get energy for nothin'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 17-06-2021 09:11
17-06-2021 09:53
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I am in deep thought about how the slight increase in CO2 can warm the ocean.direct light from the sun keeps us from freezing the small atmosphere has no chance of affecting oceanic temperatures
17-06-2021 18:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
duncan61 wrote:
I am in deep thought about how the slight increase in CO2 can warm the ocean.

It can't. You can't create energy out of nothing.
duncan61 wrote:
direct light from the sun keeps us from freezing the small atmosphere has no chance of affecting oceanic temperatures

You need to learn about specific heat. It takes a lot more thermal energy to change the ocean a single degree than it does for air.

The oceans are heated by absorbing infrared light coming from the Sun. Like any other part of the surface of the Earth, they also convert thermal energy to light, which radiates away from Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-06-2021 18:21
(14448)

duncan61 wrote:I am in deep thought about how the slight increase in CO2 can warm the ocean.

Can a slight increase in vegemite warm the ocean?
Can a slight increase in real estate taxes warm the ocean?
Can a slight increase in anything other than thermal energy warm the ocean?

How about juniper bushes? ... stuffed animals? ... cheeseburgers? ... WD-40?

18-06-2021 04:18
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The BBC and David Attenborough are totally convinced the oceans are warming and you guessed it we are all going to die.How can this be occuring.Coral likes warm water and it is cold water that will kill it.Peter Ridd who has just been awarded 2.1 million for being wrongfully dismissed from James Cook university for not going along with the mob and declaring the GBR is dying cos guess what he actually went there and its all good.His speciality is the sybiotic relationship of coral and the bugs that live in the coral which give it the colours.Every now and then the coral expels the bugs just because and of course its humans fault even though the coral hosts them back again.
18-06-2021 06:18
(14448)

duncan61 wrote:The BBC and David Attenborough are totally convinced the oceans are warming and you guessed it we are all going to die.

Ocean water changes temperature. All of it does. It gets warmer then it gets cooler, then it gets warmer again, then it cools again, and the cycle repeats.

The Global Warming crowd is notorious for hyping only one half of any cycle and pretending that the other half never occurs. They thus pretend there is some cumulative effect going on and that we should fear it because it spells doom ... when you ignore that it is a total lie.

So yes, ocean water does warm and sometimes it rises in temperature too rapidly and corals experience a natural reflex reaction when this happens, i.e. they expel the zooxanthellae (algae that give bright colors to the corals). This causes the corals to turn white and the liars pretend that the corals are now dead. Well, the water temperature cools, the zooxanthellae return, the corals regain their bright colors and everything returns to the way it was like nothing ever happened.

You can read more about it HERE.

duncan61 wrote: How can this be occuring.Coral likes warm water and it is cold water that will kill it.

Rapid increase in temperature can elicit a reflex action to expel the zooxanthellae temporarily. But hey, no harm, no foul.

duncan61 wrote:Peter Ridd who has just been awarded 2.1 million for being wrongfully dismissed from James Cook university for not going along with the mob and declaring the GBR is dying cos guess what he actually went there and its all good.

Nobody needs to go diving in the GBR to see this. There are plenty of tourists who post their diving videos on YouTube showing how wonderously beautiful the GBR is.

I like THIS ONE because it's a simple diving experience from June 2019 showing that the GBR was simply not devasted from Climate Change by any means at that time.

Of course there is THIS ONE FROM MAY 2021 which is essentially a slide show of many photographs ... none of which show any GBR "wasteland" devastation but all show a thriving reef.

This is not to say that one cannot find a plethora of DISHONEST FEAR-MONGERING VIDEOS LIKE THIS ONE. Notice the casual reference to the underwater treasure (the GBR) being "at-risk" of totally disappearing due to Global Warming. Of course, when you point out that the GBR has never diminished to any extent, the response will be "Well not yet, but its risk grows every day!" Apparently James Cook University paid some divers to have a two-week diving excursion, during which they apparently surveyed more than one thousand reefs, which amounts to slow, careful, thoughtful and deliberate examination of more than 71 reefs per day. Of course their "findings" were that *ALL* of them were "severely bleached" in all three regions of the system. What are the odds? ... and that it is more "widespread" than ever before. Now I'm terrified.

Then they confused me with this being the third time in the past five years. Third time for what? ... that I should be terrified? ... that James Cook University paid for someone's diving excursion? I'm not totally clear on this.

Notice that we are to believe the corals will somehow lose their ability to receive new zooxanthellae, i.e. that they will lose their ability to "recover" from having expelled zooxanthellae previously. Of course, there is no explanation in the video as to why the corals will somehow be rendered so unable.

Notice how the expelling of zooxanthellae is exclaimed to be "unprecedented." Although it happens all the time and the corals aways recover, it is somehow "unprecedented" at the same.

Notice how the video only shows the same three white corals. Notice how the video does not return to those same corals six months later and show how they
didn't recover ... because they recovered ... like all other corals.

Notice how the video concludes with a push to urge the government to take "stronger action" without specifying what that might be beyond crushing capitalism, and by reminding us that the ocean is not the only place affected by Climate Change. Now I'm not going to be able to sleep at night.

Some more recommended reading:

Ocean Acidification Debunked
Sea Level Rise Debunked

18-06-2021 09:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
80% of the planet surface is water. Only about half that is exposed to the sun at any time. Most of the water is moving though, there a currents. Cold and warm mixing. The air around us, is also in constant motion as well (Norwegian Jet Stream), which also influences the water temperature. Depending on where, when, and how you read the temperature, can give you pretty much any sort of data you need to promote an agenda. The Ozone Holes, are just natures 'heat vents', which help regulate planet temperature.
19-06-2021 03:40
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I only have netflix in my room and new stuff gets introduced regular.The Latest David Attenborough show is all doom and gloom and nature is going to destroy us.My favorite bit which I have seen before was an interveiwer woman stating to him cant you just retire.You can see she means F off with your babbling and go away

Join the debate CO2 sensor:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N253330-01-2023 07:22
CO2 Is Helping the Ozone Layer to Recover113-08-2022 05:54
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact