Remember me
▼ Content

Clouds



Page 1 of 212>
Clouds13-09-2022 13:42
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?


duncan61
13-09-2022 14:23
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

This is a bogus argument.

Clouds are the RESULT of weather conditions, NOT THE CAUSE. Weather conditions cause clouds, not the other way around. Being warm enough and being cold enough causes clouds for different reasons. Pointing to clouds is insufficient to know whether there are conditions making it "warmer" or conditions making it "colder.".

As you "notice" things, you should make it a point to notice that clouds form in the hottest environments and in the coldest environments., so when you decide to notice "one" particular thing, ask yourself if you aren't willfully turning a blind eye to corresponding opposite occurrences.

This is about the twelfth time that this topic has arisen on this site, and is a staple topic amongst warmizombies because it allows them to deny whichever particular cases they wish and only "notice" what they desperately need to be the case.

So your task is to venture forth and notice all the counterexamples involving clouds that occur as they occur.. Don't be a tmiddles and deny the daytime side of the moon.
13-09-2022 19:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?


Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

So did you help kill any mom's today?


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-09-2022 20:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Swan wrote:Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

It is not necessarily the case that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. In the winter, sometimes clouds are blown in by warm air currents.

The point is that clouds exist in warming weather conditions just as clouds exist in cooling weather conditions. Clouds are a dependent variable, not an independent variable, which means that you can't point to clouds for a temperature determination.

Swan wrote: On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

This was a good line, but when refering to Brits, you should mention the lack of proper French-speaking proficiency.

.
13-09-2022 21:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

No. That's a reversal fallacy. The clouds are the result, not the cause, of moist air moving into the area that has a different temperature.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-09-2022 21:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?


Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

They aren't.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-09-2022 23:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

It is not necessarily the case that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. In the winter, sometimes clouds are blown in by warm air currents.

The point is that clouds exist in warming weather conditions just as clouds exist in cooling weather conditions. Clouds are a dependent variable, not an independent variable, which means that you can't point to clouds for a temperature determination.

Swan wrote: On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

This was a good line, but when refering to Brits, you should mention the lack of proper French-speaking proficiency.

.


Actually in any individual weather front with clouds and full sun the temperature will be higher in full sun than in cloud cover. At night the clouds have no effect on temp. Pretty logical


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
14-09-2022 00:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

It is not necessarily the case that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. In the winter, sometimes clouds are blown in by warm air currents.

The point is that clouds exist in warming weather conditions just as clouds exist in cooling weather conditions. Clouds are a dependent variable, not an independent variable, which means that you can't point to clouds for a temperature determination.

Swan wrote: On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

This was a good line, but when refering to Brits, you should mention the lack of proper French-speaking proficiency.

.


Actually in any individual weather front with clouds and full sun the temperature will be higher in full sun than in cloud cover.

No, it won't necessarily.
Swan wrote:
At night the clouds have no effect on temp. Pretty logical

No gas, vapor, or cloud can create energy out of nothing, nor destroy energy into nothing.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-09-2022 00:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

It is not necessarily the case that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. In the winter, sometimes clouds are blown in by warm air currents.

The point is that clouds exist in warming weather conditions just as clouds exist in cooling weather conditions. Clouds are a dependent variable, not an independent variable, which means that you can't point to clouds for a temperature determination.

Swan wrote: On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

This was a good line, but when refering to Brits, you should mention the lack of proper French-speaking proficiency.

.


Actually in any individual weather front with clouds and full sun the temperature will be higher in full sun than in cloud cover.

No, it won't necessarily.
Swan wrote:
At night the clouds have no effect on temp. Pretty logical

No gas, vapor, or cloud can create energy out of nothing, nor destroy energy into nothing.


OKEEDOKEE on your planet it is cooler in the full sun than shade.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Give the shrink a call now


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
14-09-2022 03:06
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann
14-09-2022 03:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Swan wrote:Actually in any individual weather front with clouds and full sun

There is no front with clouds but full sun.

Swan wrote:the temperature will be higher in full sun than in cloud cover.

... except when it's not. It would appear that you aren't quite smart enough to grasp the concept of dependency upon many other factors.

We'll just give you a condescending pat on the head and leave it at that.

Swan wrote: At night the clouds have no effect on temp.

Correct, but you didn't speak up when duncan wrote:

duncan61 wrote:During Summer there are clear nights with no clouds and the temperature range between night and day can be 25.C Lately we have had cloud cover and the temperature range between night and day is only a few degrees.How does this work.How do clouds slow the flow of energy in and out?Is it just my imagination?


Warmizombies are forever claiming that clouds magically make nighttime warmer, and they always open with wording to the effect of "Have you ever noticed how cloudy nights are warmer than cloudless nights?"

On this site, those comments pop up periodically.

Spongy Iris wrote:As IBDM knows, clouds don't trap heat, they block cold
Must be why, every time clouds roll in, we get a higher low.


Xadoman wrote:I only commented about the cloud thing because some say here that they cause warmer weather. My observations considering clouds have been as already said controversial. In the the winter with a clear sky we have had the coldest nights when temperatures could drop to even -35 degrees celsius. Usually, when there are a lot of clouds, the weather is much more milder.


Spongy Iris wrote:There are no clouds in the forecast until Thursday, at which point the forecasted lows are back in the 50s.

Gee it's as if the clouds provide insulation against the cold.


Spongy Iris wrote:It often gets cold enough to snow, but only when there are no clouds. It never snows though, because when clouds roll in, it gets too warm.


tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:And, evaporation has a cooling effect... That's why people sweat. ...
It's warmer when it's humid Harvey. Clouds make it warmer believe it or not.
14-09-2022 23:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Only a full-blown retard would need 61 years to figure out that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones.

It is not necessarily the case that cloudy days are cooler than sunny ones. In the winter, sometimes clouds are blown in by warm air currents.

The point is that clouds exist in warming weather conditions just as clouds exist in cooling weather conditions. Clouds are a dependent variable, not an independent variable, which means that you can't point to clouds for a temperature determination.

Swan wrote: On the other hand most brits like you while not technically retarded are of very low IQ.

This was a good line, but when refering to Brits, you should mention the lack of proper French-speaking proficiency.

.


Actually in any individual weather front with clouds and full sun the temperature will be higher in full sun than in cloud cover.

No, it won't necessarily.
Swan wrote:
At night the clouds have no effect on temp. Pretty logical

No gas, vapor, or cloud can create energy out of nothing, nor destroy energy into nothing.


OKEEDOKEE on your planet it is cooler in the full sun than shade.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Give the shrink a call now

Insulting people doesn't help you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-09-2022 23:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-09-2022 02:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:I do not agree with any of you.

... but you admit that your disagreement is based on not treating all of the earth as the earth.

If the earth as a whole is in equilibrium, it doesn't matter whether there are no clouds or a billion of them.

You have never taken the earth's average global temperature (because it's not possible) so your disagreement is based on your need to convince yourself that you are somehow omniscient.

You don't have any science supporting your position (which amounts to a physics violation) so your belief is an irrational, religious one.

I'm fine with that.



.
15-09-2022 09:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


Yes you can, I do it all the time. Put some pipe in a bucket of water and heat up the part out the water then take it out the water and see how quick it heats with the same blow lamp. You are the most full of crap person I have ever encountered. Have you ever visited a planet called Earth. Have you ever insulated any thing!


duncan61
15-09-2022 12:08
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down
15-09-2022 13:46
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:It is not possible to trap or slow heat.
Yes you can, I do it all the time. Put some pipe in a bucket of water and heat up the part out the water then take it out the water and see how quick it heats with the same blow lamp.

At least you recognize that your error stems from your ongoing conflation of "heat" with "temperature," "thermal energy," and "electromagnetic/thermal radiation" due to your ongoing refusal to understand what heat is.

I'm fine with that.
15-09-2022 14:14
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


All insulations trap heat. So get your mental disease treated


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
15-09-2022 16:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:It is not possible to trap or slow heat.
All insulations trap heat.

Heat is not something that can be trapped/contained/imprisoned/packaged/boxed/etc.. This is obvious to anyone who knows what heat is.

Heat can be increased and/or decreased. This is obvious to anyone who knows what heat is.

Anyone claiming that heat is somehow "trapped" is babbling gibberish and should be ignored ... after being mocked for claiming that glaciers push things, and that photons can be teleported instantaneously but at 3-trillion meters per second.

.
16-09-2022 03:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


Yes you can, I do it all the time.

Not possible.
duncan61 wrote:
Put some pipe in a bucket of water and heat up the part out the water then take it out the water and see how quick it heats with the same blow lamp.

Heating the water is different than just heating the pipe, dumbass. You are not trapping any heat this way!
duncan61 wrote:
You are the most full of crap person I have ever encountered.

So you discard the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
duncan61 wrote:
Have you ever visited a planet called Earth. Have you ever insulated any thing!

Insulation does not slow or trap heat. It reduces heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-09-2022 03:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down

You feel that wine solves your problems???????!? You ARE in trouble!


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-09-2022 03:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


All insulations trap heat. So get your mental disease treated

Insulation does not trap heat. It is not possible to trap heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-09-2022 06:48
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2548)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


All insulations trap heat. So get your mental disease treated

Insulation does not trap heat. It is not possible to trap heat.


Swan, we all know that Into the Night is just a whacko in his own little dream world. Everyone knows that heat can be trapped, it just takes a perfect insulator. Duh?

Again, we have an opportunity here to really throw the mud in his face. I know there must be a perfect insulator, but I fail to recall what that is. If you could help us out here, we'd all be forever grateful. Into the Night will be so embarrassed! It's going to be HUGE!

Thanks in advance.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Edited on 16-09-2022 07:06
16-09-2022 07:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
GasGuzzler wrote:Again, we have an opportunity here to really throw the mud in his face. I know there must be a perfect insulator, but I fail to recall what that is. If you could help us out here, we'd all be forever grateful. Into the Night will be so embarrassed! It's going to be HUGE!

Thanks in advance.

I like your style. Surely an answer will be forthcoming.
17-09-2022 02:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree with any of you. The water vapour and clouds are slowing the energy flow keeping it warmer. Read my post again Swann

It is not possible to trap or slow heat.


All insulations trap heat. So get your mental disease treated

Insulation does not trap heat. It is not possible to trap heat.


Swan, we all know that Into the Night is just a whacko in his own little dream world. Everyone knows that heat can be trapped, it just takes a perfect insulator. Duh?

Insulators do not trap heat.
GasGuzzler wrote:
Again, we have an opportunity here to really throw the mud in his face. I know there must be a perfect insulator, but I fail to recall what that is.

Insulators do not trap heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2022 09:01
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down

You feel that wine solves your problems???????!? You ARE in trouble!


This comment gives me an insight to your mindset. I know I can control the flow of thermal energy and do it every time I weld stuff.


duncan61
17-09-2022 13:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

This is a bogus argument.

Clouds are the RESULT of weather conditions, NOT THE CAUSE. Weather conditions cause clouds, not the other way around. Being warm enough and being cold enough causes clouds for different reasons. Pointing to clouds is insufficient to know whether there are conditions making it "warmer" or conditions making it "colder.".

As you "notice" things, you should make it a point to notice that clouds form in the hottest environments and in the coldest environments., so when you decide to notice "one" particular thing, ask yourself if you aren't willfully turning a blind eye to corresponding opposite occurrences.

This is about the twelfth time that this topic has arisen on this site, and is a staple topic amongst warmizombies because it allows them to deny whichever particular cases they wish and only "notice" what they desperately need to be the case.

So your task is to venture forth and notice all the counterexamples involving clouds that occur as they occur.. Don't be a tmiddles and deny the daytime side of the moon.


I have been reading up on the work of Joseph Fourier. It explains to me why wet days in winter are warmer than clear skies rather nicely.


duncan61
17-09-2022 15:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(2139)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

This is a bogus argument.

Clouds are the RESULT of weather conditions, NOT THE CAUSE. Weather conditions cause clouds, not the other way around. Being warm enough and being cold enough causes clouds for different reasons. Pointing to clouds is insufficient to know whether there are conditions making it "warmer" or conditions making it "colder.".

As you "notice" things, you should make it a point to notice that clouds form in the hottest environments and in the coldest environments., so when you decide to notice "one" particular thing, ask yourself if you aren't willfully turning a blind eye to corresponding opposite occurrences.

This is about the twelfth time that this topic has arisen on this site, and is a staple topic amongst warmizombies because it allows them to deny whichever particular cases they wish and only "notice" what they desperately need to be the case.

So your task is to venture forth and notice all the counterexamples involving clouds that occur as they occur.. Don't be a tmiddles and deny the daytime side of the moon.


I have been reading up on the work of Joseph Fourier. It explains to me why wet days in winter are warmer than clear skies rather nicely.


And this has what to do with climate change?

Well nothing actually, however your deluded mind made a connection that was not even there.

So keep on babbling kiddy. Can you tell us again how you figured out that it is warmer in the sun than in the shade?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Genius, pure genius


This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
17-09-2022 17:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down

You feel that wine solves your problems???????!? You ARE in trouble!


This comment gives me an insight to your mindset. I know I can control the flow of thermal energy and do it every time I weld stuff.


Welding does not trap heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2022 17:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

This is a bogus argument.

Clouds are the RESULT of weather conditions, NOT THE CAUSE. Weather conditions cause clouds, not the other way around. Being warm enough and being cold enough causes clouds for different reasons. Pointing to clouds is insufficient to know whether there are conditions making it "warmer" or conditions making it "colder.".

As you "notice" things, you should make it a point to notice that clouds form in the hottest environments and in the coldest environments., so when you decide to notice "one" particular thing, ask yourself if you aren't willfully turning a blind eye to corresponding opposite occurrences.

This is about the twelfth time that this topic has arisen on this site, and is a staple topic amongst warmizombies because it allows them to deny whichever particular cases they wish and only "notice" what they desperately need to be the case.

So your task is to venture forth and notice all the counterexamples involving clouds that occur as they occur.. Don't be a tmiddles and deny the daytime side of the moon.


I have been reading up on the work of Joseph Fourier. It explains to me why wet days in winter are warmer than clear skies rather nicely.

They aren't necessarily warmer or colder than any other day.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2022 17:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed this time of year that if we have clear skies the days are nice and warm and get up around 22-25 C. but the night time drops to 5-7 C. When it is cloudy and overcast the maximum is around 17-19 C. however the night time is around 10-12 C. Is this an example of water vapour keeping the air warmer?

This is a bogus argument.

Clouds are the RESULT of weather conditions, NOT THE CAUSE. Weather conditions cause clouds, not the other way around. Being warm enough and being cold enough causes clouds for different reasons. Pointing to clouds is insufficient to know whether there are conditions making it "warmer" or conditions making it "colder.".

As you "notice" things, you should make it a point to notice that clouds form in the hottest environments and in the coldest environments., so when you decide to notice "one" particular thing, ask yourself if you aren't willfully turning a blind eye to corresponding opposite occurrences.

This is about the twelfth time that this topic has arisen on this site, and is a staple topic amongst warmizombies because it allows them to deny whichever particular cases they wish and only "notice" what they desperately need to be the case.

So your task is to venture forth and notice all the counterexamples involving clouds that occur as they occur.. Don't be a tmiddles and deny the daytime side of the moon.


I have been reading up on the work of Joseph Fourier. It explains to me why wet days in winter are warmer than clear skies rather nicely.


And this has what to do with climate change?

Well nothing actually, however your deluded mind made a connection that was not even there.

So keep on babbling kiddy. Can you tell us again how you figured out that it is warmer in the sun than in the shade?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Genius, pure genius

It isn't.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2022 18:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:I have been reading up on the work of Joseph Fourier. It explains to me why wet days in winter are warmer than clear skies rather nicely.

Since you now have an explanation, please put it in your own words so that the rest of us can learn. All you have done thus far is name-drop a dead person.

Does the explanation involve "heat" being "trapped"?


.
17-09-2022 19:29
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down

You feel that wine solves your problems???????!? You ARE in trouble!


This comment gives me an insight to your mindset. I know I can control the flow of thermal energy and do it every time I weld stuff.


Welding does not trap heat.


Never said it did. My engineer buddy repaired truck steering boxes that could not be replaced and he would replace all the balls and reweld the cap on in 4 places. After each weld he would cool the material with a wet rag. If he welded all 4 spots without cooling each time it might bind up and be ruined. he controlled the flow of thermal energy by quenching. You can control heat.


duncan61
Edited on 17-09-2022 19:31
17-09-2022 19:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Swann the loony wrote,
And this has what to do with climate change?

Well nothing actually, however your deluded mind made a connection that was not even there.

So keep on babbling kiddy. Can you tell us again how you figured out that it is warmer in the sun than in the shade?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Genius, pure genius

Never did.I have observed that overcast days tend to stay warmer at night. Sunny days are warmer in the middle of the day but cool rapidly once the sun sets. Fourier discovered water vapour in the air retains energy. An early mention of the greenhouse effect. I do not believe mankind is changing the climate at all. Not even a weeny bit
17-09-2022 21:17
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:You can control heat.

I think everyone has some experience with ovens.

This has nothing to do with your claim that "wetness" somehow increases temperature. You name-dropped Fourier as the dead guy who clearly explained it to you and caused it to make perfect sense.

Please share that explanation with all of us.

.
18-09-2022 04:33
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
In the 1820s, Fourier calculated that an object the size of the Earth, and at its distance from the Sun, should be considerably colder than the planet actually is if warmed by only the effects of incoming solar radiation. He examined various possible sources of the additional observed heat in articles published in 1824[13] and 1827.[14] While he ultimately suggested that interstellar radiation might be responsible for a large portion of the additional warmth, Fourier's consideration of the possibility that the Earth's atmosphere might act as an insulator of some kind is widely recognized as the first proposal of what is now known as the greenhouse effect.
18-09-2022 08:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:In the 1820s, Fourier calculated that an object the size of the Earth, and at its distance from the Sun, should be considerably colder than the planet actually is if warmed by only the effects of incoming solar radiation.

This is pure fiction for the benefit of gullible people.

duncan61 wrote:He examined various possible sources of the additional observed heat in articles published in 1824[13] and 1827.[14]

Nope. This did not happen.

duncan61 wrote: While he ultimately suggested that interstellar radiation might be responsible for a large portion of the additional warmth, Fourier's consideration of the possibility that the Earth's atmosphere might act as an insulator of some kind is widely recognized as the first proposal of what is now known as the greenhouse effect.

This part of your argument is totally bogus. Notice that you rely totally on claiming what a dead person thought and, of course, he can't be cross-examined.

As such, this part of your argument is summarily discarded. You could have posted whatever calculations you claim show this miraculous additional heating of the earth without citing a dead person ... but pointing to a dead person is all you have, and that gets your argument tossed.

.
18-09-2022 10:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
You have made me angry. A glass of wine has calmed me down

You feel that wine solves your problems???????!? You ARE in trouble!


This comment gives me an insight to your mindset. I know I can control the flow of thermal energy and do it every time I weld stuff.


Welding does not trap heat.


Never said it did.

You inferred it. Now you deny your own argument by pivoting??????!?
duncan61 wrote:
My engineer buddy repaired truck steering boxes that could not be replaced and he would replace all the balls and reweld the cap on in 4 places. After each weld he would cool the material with a wet rag. If he welded all 4 spots without cooling each time it might bind up and be ruined. he controlled the flow of thermal energy by quenching. You can control heat.

You cannot trap or slow heat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-09-2022 10:44
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Swann the loony wrote,
And this has what to do with climate change?

Well nothing actually, however your deluded mind made a connection that was not even there.

So keep on babbling kiddy. Can you tell us again how you figured out that it is warmer in the sun than in the shade?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Genius, pure genius

Never did.I have observed that overcast days tend to stay warmer at night. Sunny days are warmer in the middle of the day but cool rapidly once the sun sets. Fourier discovered water vapour in the air retains energy. An early mention of the greenhouse effect. I do not believe mankind is changing the climate at all. Not even a weeny bit

Not gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. Climate does not change.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-09-2022 10:46
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
In the 1820s, Fourier calculated that an object the size of the Earth, and at its distance from the Sun, should be considerably colder than the planet actually is if warmed by only the effects of incoming solar radiation. He examined various possible sources of the additional observed heat in articles published in 1824[13] and 1827.[14] While he ultimately suggested that interstellar radiation might be responsible for a large portion of the additional warmth, Fourier's consideration of the possibility that the Earth's atmosphere might act as an insulator of some kind is widely recognized as the first proposal of what is now known as the greenhouse effect.

There is no 'should be' temperature.
The atmosphere is not a thermal insulator.
No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.
You are ignoring the Stefan-Boltzmann law and the 1st law of thermodynamics again.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Clouds:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Clouds401-04-2022 02:54
Clouds are warming Earth, not (so much) GHGs26218-10-2021 23:25
Do CO2 Emissions Create More Clouds?12419-01-2020 23:09
Experts reveal that clouds have moderated warming triggered by climate change1006-11-2019 23:54
High CO2 levels can destabilize marine layer clouds106-03-2019 22:01
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact