Remember me
▼ Content

Experts reveal that clouds have moderated warming triggered by climate change

Experts reveal that clouds have moderated warming triggered by climate change27-03-2019 17:49
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://phys.org/news/2019-03-experts-reveal-clouds-moderated-triggered.html
27-03-2019 23:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14397)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

It looks like a bunch of European con artists agreed to write a "study" in return for grant money. The con artists produce the paper with the predetermined conclusions and the con artists get to be called "experts" ... now with extra money in their pockets.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
27-03-2019 23:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
IBdaMann wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

It looks like a bunch of European con artists agreed to write a "study" in return for grant money. The con artists produce the paper with the predetermined conclusions and the con artists get to be called "experts" ... now with extra money in their pockets.

Nothing like the predetermined conclusion that is core of any religion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
28-03-2019 01:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14397)
Into the Night wrote: Nothing like the predetermined conclusion that is core of any religion.

If I predetermine that I will snack on some lasagna before I go to bed, ... I can kind of call that a religion, right? Especially if I have fervent faith that it will be so worth other sacrifices I might have to make?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-11-2019 15:43
Harry CProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(157)
They're going to have to do a lot more explaining about how a tree ring tells them historical cloud data. I don't buy that.

And if true, which I doubt, it renders current climate models obsolete, which they were already.

The whole deal smells like an obvious attempt to lay out a trail of sound bites for them to reconcile the fact that temperature trends haven't followed the projection.
06-11-2019 17:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Harry C wrote:
They're going to have to do a lot more explaining about how a tree ring tells them historical cloud data. I don't buy that.

And if true, which I doubt, it renders current climate models obsolete, which they were already.

The whole deal smells like an obvious attempt to lay out a trail of sound bites for them to reconcile the fact that temperature trends haven't followed the projection.

The primary issue with the climate models of today is that they don't understand natural climate variation. That should be the baseline for determining whether or not there is AGW and if so, what is the difference?
With the tree rings in Scandinavia, where the North Atlantic Current (Gulf Stream) enters the Arctic Sea, it is warming for some reason. Deep sea faults would be a considetion.
If you've have ever lived in Florida you know about humiture. While the north of Scandinavia is cooler, the heat is in the clouds.
An extreme cloud event happened at the end of the last ice age. A meteor/asteroid strike caused about 1/3 of the Earth's biomass to burn. The resulting cloud cover extended the ice age.

https://phys.org/news/2019-10-extraterrestrial-impact-trigger-extinction-ice-age.html
06-11-2019 17:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The thing with the earth's natural climate variations is that the earth is naturally cooling at a very slow rate (about 6 degrees C. every 100,000 years), but the anthropogenic CO2 is causing the earth to warm much faster than that - meaning it is warming faster than it would be cooling without anthropogenic CO2.
I bet someone is going to misinterpret what i just said.
Edited on 06-11-2019 18:01
06-11-2019 21:32
(21592)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: Nothing like the predetermined conclusion that is core of any religion.

If I predetermine that I will snack on some lasagna before I go to bed, ... I can kind of call that a religion, right? Especially if I have fervent faith that it will be so worth other sacrifices I might have to make?

I suppose you could!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-11-2019 21:34
(21592)
keepit wrote:
The thing with the earth's natural climate variations is that the earth is naturally cooling at a very slow rate (about 6 degrees C. every 100,000 years), but the anthropogenic CO2 is causing the earth to warm much faster than that - meaning it is warming faster than it would be cooling without anthropogenic CO2.

Argument from randU fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

06-11-2019 21:35
(21592)
keepit wrote:

Climate does not vary. It is not a quantitative value and is not made up of any quantitative values.

A desert climate is always a desert climate. A tropical climate is always a tropical climate.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 06-11-2019 21:35
06-11-2019 23:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

OK Garfield, we all know that life is lasagna.

Join the debate Experts reveal that clouds have moderated warming triggered by climate change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Declassified docs reveal that CIA had Oswald under surveillance and did nothing other than let JFK be bra729-12-2022 00:24
Clouds5721-09-2022 19:01
Clouds401-04-2022 02:54
Clouds are warming Earth, not (so much) GHGs26218-10-2021 23:25
The Savior Reveal The New Financial Fair Society Contribution Point System014-07-2021 06:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact