Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Data Gaps?

Climate Data Gaps?25-06-2019 06:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/weather/aboard-falcon-heavy-six-weather-eyes-to-close-gap-in-weather-climate-data/961092699

Interesting story... I was looking for the launch time, thinking I might stand out in my front yard and watch, first Falcon Heavy night launch. Anyway, it was the payload I found most interesting, some climate monitoring satellites, needed to fill in some of the huge gaps of existing satellites. Didn't NASA just admit that they don't current have the means to monitor the global climate? This sort of confirms that the data in use, to this point is patchwork, and incomplete. Now, I don't blame NASA, they just provide the numbers, it's the 'others' who make use of those numbers, make outlandish claims. My guess would be that most of the 'monitoring' satellites have multiple functions, that we probably don't hear mentioned, but I don't think it coincidence that they are positioned over the more populated areas, more travel areas of ocean.

It's really amazing how fast those satellites are moving, and seldom collide, or damaged by space garbage. I don't know the official count of active satellites, which probably would never be complete, national secrets. But there a quite a few dead ones. It's really surprising, that other countries aren't hacking into satellites, or deliberately destroying them. Many do have commercial uses, but I tend to believe there are some spy functions on most of them. Even competing communications companies should be doing sneaky things to each other's equipment, to steal customers. They do a lot of that on the ground, why not in space?
25-06-2019 13:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/weather/aboard-falcon-heavy-six-weather-eyes-to-close-gap-in-weather-climate-data/961092699

Interesting story... I was looking for the launch time, thinking I might stand out in my front yard and watch, first Falcon Heavy night launch. Anyway, it was the payload I found most interesting, some climate monitoring satellites, needed to fill in some of the huge gaps of existing satellites. Didn't NASA just admit that they don't current have the means to monitor the global climate? This sort of confirms that the data in use, to this point is patchwork, and incomplete. Now, I don't blame NASA, they just provide the numbers, it's the 'others' who make use of those numbers, make outlandish claims. My guess would be that most of the 'monitoring' satellites have multiple functions, that we probably don't hear mentioned, but I don't think it coincidence that they are positioned over the more populated areas, more travel areas of ocean.

It's really amazing how fast those satellites are moving, and seldom collide, or damaged by space garbage. I don't know the official count of active satellites, which probably would never be complete, national secrets. But there a quite a few dead ones. It's really surprising, that other countries aren't hacking into satellites, or deliberately destroying them. Many do have commercial uses, but I tend to believe there are some spy functions on most of them. Even competing communications companies should be doing sneaky things to each other's equipment, to steal customers. They do a lot of that on the ground, why not in space?

No satellite can measure the temperature of the Earth. The emissivity of Earth is unknown. We don't have enough instruments to measure it.

At least one nice thing about satellites is that they are all going in the same general direction, west to east. The Earth spins towards the east, and the extra kick you get off the spinning Earth is very useful during launch.

Polar orbiting satellites are few, because it takes so much more fuel for a rocket to enter a polar orbit. No help from the spinning Earth during launch, you see.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Climate Data Gaps?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Real Perspective on Warming - NASA Data1626-04-2024 06:48
CDC Data Reveals. Majority of COVID-19 Deaths in America Occur Among the Vaccinated & Boosted030-11-2022 20:38
The Data Mine30309-02-2022 21:18
Could space debris be a challenge for collecting data on climate change?1023-03-2021 04:28
Darwin Airport homogenizing of temperature data3620-10-2020 20:28
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact