Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change

Page 1 of 212>
Climate Change17-12-2020 04:39
anthonyabr
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Do you think it is humanity's fault for climate change?
17-12-2020 09:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
anthonyabr wrote:

Define 'climate change'. Exactly what is it?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-12-2020 09:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
anthonyabr wrote: Do you think it is humanity's fault for climate change?

If humanity is to blame then are we obligated to tax the chit out of ourselves as punishment?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-12-2020 16:37
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
anthonyabr wrote:

Define 'climate change'. How does a climate "change", exactly?
17-12-2020 16:50
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
anthonyabr wrote: Do you think it is humanity's fault for climate change?

If humanity is to blame then are we obligated to tax the chit out of ourselves as punishment?

If you ask Citizens Climate Lobby Australia, the answer to your question would be a resounding YES SIR!
17-12-2020 21:15
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
What's 'humanity'? Guiliable morons?
17-12-2020 21:27
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:

By "humanity" he means "evil blood-sucking conservatives" (I know, totally redundant) who want to destroy Climate to satisfy their capitalist profiteering GREED for wealth and to pursue global genocide.

Yeah, they're to blame alright.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-12-2020 22:18
(3314)
Damn conservatives...
18-12-2020 04:42
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

By "humanity" he means "evil blood-sucking conservatives" (I know, totally redundant) who want to destroy Climate to satisfy their capitalist profiteering GREED for wealth and to pursue global genocide.

Basically, though, it's the guilable morons, that believe that humans could possible have any influence over the nature of this huge damn planet. We can foul our little living space some, but It's nothing permanent, and quickly returns to it's previous state, if left alone.

We just have to look at the scorched landscape of California. 3-5 years later, it's ready to burn again. They cry and complain about the air quality, and burnt landscape, but unwilling to do anything to reduce the devastation, or prosecute the democrats lighting the fires.
18-12-2020 04:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Basically, though, it's the guilable morons, that believe that humans could possible have any influence over the nature of this huge damn planet. We can foul our little living space some, but It's nothing permanent, and quickly returns to it's previous state, if left alone.

We just have to look at the scorched landscape of California. 3-5 years later, it's ready to burn again. They cry and complain about the air quality, and burnt landscape, but unwilling to do anything to reduce the devastation, or prosecute the democrats lighting the fires.

What is sad is when you post. You say it's the Democrats fault. An example is when your parents had sex. How to explain you?
Were they Dumbocrats? And did they get it wrong? I really can't explain this unless you say your parents were at fault.
18-12-2020 10:36
(5197)
At fault for what? My parents planned on having kids. You exist, because your parents could afford the price of an abortion. You were probably adopted...
19-12-2020 01:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)

where is the climate changing?I have lived in the same place for 53 years and it is still the same
19-12-2020 03:18
(14414)
duncan61 wrote: where is the climate changing?

I'm with you. Nobody has specified which one of earth's billion climates is changing.

duncan61 wrote:I have lived in the same place for 53 years and it is still the same

Well at least that's one climate I can cross off my list. Now I have just 999,999,999 climates left to check. Thanks for the help.

19-12-2020 06:00
(5197)
The political climate is changing as well, and at an alarming rate... To misquote Al Gore. Really shocked and surprised, he didn't run for president a second time. He barely lost to George W. Bush. Seemed like democrats actually liked him then, and he went on to win a Nobel prize, and a sci-fi movie award, a celebrity climate change activist. People would have risen from their graves, to vote for Al Gore. Some actually did, last time he ran...
19-12-2020 06:35
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:To misquote Al Gore. Really shocked and surprised, he didn't run for president a second time. He barely lost to George W. Bush.

In the Democrat Party it's cutthroat and nobody gets a second chance. Once you lose, it's someone else's turn. Once the DNC decides who the candidate will be, e.g. Obama then Hillary then Biden) it's locked in and nothing can change it, especially not the will of Democrat voters. Once the DNC blacklists someone (e.g. Bernie) he might as well be on the terrorist "no fly" list. There's no coming off.

Once Al Gore lost he knew immediately that he was out and that it would be pointless for him to even try to run for President. He knew. It was over.

Incidentally, this is why Trump switched parties and ran as a Republican. He knew that the fix was already in for Hillary on the Democrat side and that Republicans don't rig their primaries so he was free to spank ALL the establishment Republicans on his way to becoming their candidate.

20-12-2020 02:30
(3314)
Bingo... I wonder why the Dems even bother with voting in their primaries when their candidate is already selected beforehand...

... and if we don't get this election fraud issue fixed, then I'LL soon be wondering why I even bother with voting in any election (liberal county (rigged already), and libs would just continue to rig Statewide elections)
20-12-2020 03:00
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote: Bingo... I wonder why the Dems even bother with voting in their primaries when their candidate is already selected beforehand...

Because never has there been a more gullible bunch than today's Democrat voters. They have been bullied into submissive obedience and stand poised to HATE on command. They are no wiser than abused dogs who become instantly paralyzed by fear of making master angry. They do, and believe, as they are told, even after they have been kicked to the curb because their aprehension at having their puny lives ruined by their slavemasters is only outclassed by their total dependence on the DNC for occasional scraps of self esteem.

Democrat voters are one collective "abused wife" syndrome and Democrat policies appeal to this sort of base. Their intellectual cowardice renders them impotent to ever dissent

Let me know if I was unclear on any part of that.

gfm7175 wrote:... and if we don't get this election fraud issue fixed, then I'LL soon be wondering why I even bother with voting in any election (liberal county (rigged already), and libs would just continue to rig Statewide elections)

Multiply your sentiment by about 250 million. Democrats won't have any faith in the elections either, understanding them to be rigged in their favor. You see how desperate tgoebbles is to convince us that everything is on the up-and-up. He wantsrigged elections just as much as any Leftist and you know he's terrified of making the master angry so he publicly virtue-signals every chance he gets.

So yes, there won't be anyone left with any faith in our elections if we don't correct it immediately.

20-12-2020 04:27
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote: Bingo... I wonder why the Dems even bother with voting in their primaries when their candidate is already selected beforehand...

Because never has there been a more gullible bunch than today's Democrat voters. They have been bullied into submissive obedience and stand poised to HATE on command. They are no wiser than abused dogs who become instantly paralyzed by fear of making master angry. They do, and believe, as they are told, even after they have been kicked to the curb because their aprehension at having their puny lives ruined by their slavemasters is only outclassed by their total dependence on the DNC for occasional scraps of self esteem.

Democrat voters are one collective "abused wife" syndrome and Democrat policies appeal to this sort of base. Their intellectual cowardice renders them impotent to ever dissent

gfm7175 wrote:... and if we don't get this election fraud issue fixed, then I'LL soon be wondering why I even bother with voting in any election (liberal county (rigged already), and libs would just continue to rig Statewide elections)

Multiply your sentiment by about 250 million. Democrats won't have any faith in the elections either, understanding them to be rigged in their favor. You see how desperate tgoebbles is to convince us that everything is on the up-and-up. He wantsrigged elections just as much as any Leftist and you know he's terrified of making the master angry so he publicly virtue-signals every chance he gets.

So yes, there won't be anyone left with any faith in our elections if we don't correct it immediately.

You were VERY clear, and let's just say that your batting average remains very high.
20-12-2020 05:14
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:You were VERY clear, and let's just say that your batting average remains very high.

Wait, wait, wait! You are implying that I missed one somewhere. You are implying that I am somehow not perfect. You are implying that I have, in fact, erred.

Wait, you're right. I remember now. I drew an error when I forgot to "sudo su" and run the "join" command on a worker node as root user. I sat there puzzled for over five minutes trying to figure out why I was getting "access denied." Man was I embarrassed.

How did you find out about that?

20-12-2020 15:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You were VERY clear, and let's just say that your batting average remains very high.

I LOVE JESUS. The Bible tells me that I am blessed by the slaves I own and the slaves that I have sex with. True blessings from the Lord. We Christians shouldn't have to work for something. Those who aren't blessed like us should be doing our bidding in hopes of redeeming themselves in the eyes of the Lord.
Yes GFM, being a Christian is great because we're simply better than everyone else because we believe in Jesus.

Exodus 21:7
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. 8 If she does not satisfy her owner, he must allow her to be bought back again.

I want to have daughters so I can legally sell them as slaves. As a Christian, I have to abide by the scriptures as they are the perfect word of God.
So GFM, can I buy your daughter? It's the Christian thing to do.
Edited on 20-12-2020 16:02
20-12-2020 17:10
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It actually says;
8: If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master who had designated her for himself, he must allow her to be redeemed.

What would it take for a girl to be pleasing in the eyes of a man? Redeemed does not necessarily mean being bought back again. It can also mean making up for. So how can a girl make up for not being pleasing to a man?
It is for the man to decide.

One example is Jared Fogle. He liked purchasing servants. He just failed to tell his wife, the prosecutor and the judge that he was only doing what scripture allowed for. He merely hired "servants" in accordance with the Bible. And when he would no longer be pleased by his "servants", he would return them to their fathers.

There are examples in the Bible where the Lord allowed for owning slaves, having sex with slaves and also having children with slaves. It's just strange what passes for sin.
20-12-2020 18:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And GFM, Lot had children with his daughters. So if a man buys a girl servant, he can take her as his daughter and have children with her. That's just being scriptural.
This is where I want to do a science experiment with a German scientist. And in Germany I doubt Christians will be telling me that I can't have a woman in my life because I have to be a scriptural Christian. I have to do what the Bible says.

And pursuing goals isn't taught in the Bible. Having a relationship with a woman isn't in the Bible. It does say that a woman cannot be heard in church.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.

I've let one American woman I know about this. And this is where atmospheric chemistry and physics can create opportunities for me, just not in the US. Sometimes I wonder if there being 328 million people in the US makes life more of a competition. It seems that way.
Edited on 20-12-2020 19:17
20-12-2020 19:34
(14414)
James___ wrote: And GFM, Lot had children with his daughters. So if a man buys a girl servant, he can take her as his daughter and have children with her. That's just being scriptural.

And GFM, if I wish to follow God's example and create a universe then who are you to tell me I can't?

20-12-2020 21:23
(5197)
Unusual interpretation of scripture. A normal minister, tries interpret scripture, to better fill the collection plate, for the Sunday service. Usually quite profitable, almost like having gainful employment...

Preaching to the Perverts, seems like another money making talent, you wish to ignore, and steal taxpayer money instead. With your vast knowledge of the bible, and your unique self-pity interpretation, you should get a ministry licence online (cheap/easy), and start cashing in. Just setup a website, do a few podcasts, and the donations start rolling in.
21-12-2020 01:14
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:You were VERY clear, ...

Someone else who is clear.

21-12-2020 17:18
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:You were VERY clear, and let's just say that your batting average remains very high.

Wait, wait, wait! You are implying that I missed one somewhere. You are implying that I am somehow not perfect. You are implying that I have, in fact, erred.

Wait, you're right. I remember now. I drew an error when I forgot to "sudo su" and run the "join" command on a worker node as root user. I sat there puzzled for over five minutes trying to figure out why I was getting "access denied." Man was I embarrassed.

How did you find out about that?

21-12-2020 17:32
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: And GFM, Lot had children with his daughters. So if a man buys a girl servant, he can take her as his daughter and have children with her. That's just being scriptural.

And GFM, if I wish to follow God's example and create a universe then who are you to tell me I can't?

I say give 'er a whirl and let me know how it goes...
21-12-2020 17:32
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:You were VERY clear, ...

Someone else who is clear.

Bingo. I just watched that yesterday and got a good laugh.
21-12-2020 20:12
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:And GFM, if I wish to follow God's example and create a universe then who are you to tell me I can't?

It's not working and I don't know why. I've got it set up on the same network bridge, I checked the port assignments and they're all correct, I said "abra-kadabra" and everything ... I guess I'm going to have to download the full instruction manual.

Wait, hold on ... maybe I need to initialize everything with letting there be light. I'm pretty sure, though, that it's just an optional illumination setting. Let me download the manual and I'll get back to you. This isn't as straightforward as I previously thought.

21-12-2020 22:18
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:And GFM, if I wish to follow God's example and create a universe then who are you to tell me I can't?

It's not working and I don't know why. I've got it set up on the same network bridge, I checked the port assignments and they're all correct, I said "abra-kadabra" and everything ... I guess I'm going to have to download the full instruction manual.

Wait, hold on ... maybe I need to initialize everything with letting there be light. I'm pretty sure, though, that it's just an optional illumination setting. Let me download the manual and I'll get back to you. This isn't as straightforward as I previously thought.

Supposedly some intelligent mind somewhere ("God", according to the Holy Bible) knew of a way to say "let there be [______]" or "let [_____] (accomplish) [______]" and then that thing or event would simply appear or occur. Seems pretty straight forward... not sure what you're missing or why you're struggling with it...
21-12-2020 22:29
(14414)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Supposedly some intelligent mind somewhere ("God", according to the Holy Bible) knew of a way to say "let there be [______]" or "let [_____] (accomplish) [______]" and then that thing or event would simply appear or occur. Seems pretty straight forward... not sure what you're missing or why you're struggling with it...

One thing right off the bat, I don't have the correct drivers ... but I don't think that's the main issue.

We'll see.

22-12-2020 03:00
(5197)
You get nothing free in life, you pay cash, or work hard doing it yourself. The bible can offer you guidance, inspiration, hope, and patience, but doesn't really advise you to sit on your ass, and wait for a miracle. God helps those, that are working hard to solve their own problems...

Cursing tools of the devil, seems to help considerably, in getting a miracle performed. Spent three weeks trying to get two radios to talk to each other. After a lot of work, and many words censored here, I got some results on Sunday (of all days). I'm not really happy with the results, so far. Not getting anywhere near the 100 M promised, maybe 25-30 feet, line of sight. My coding is a total mess, and not a clue what all I did, to finally get results. And, of course, it's not even close to the project I was working on to begin with. Had to scrap it, and just focus on the basic communication between boards. Now, I get to go back through a mess, and see what I can use, or why it works, now, and not before. Also have to figure out how come I'm not getting much range.
22-12-2020 03:52
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:Spent three weeks trying to get two radios to talk to each other. After a lot of work, and many words censored here, I got some results on Sunday (of all days). I'm not really happy with the results, so far. Not getting anywhere near the 100 M promised, maybe 25-30 feet, line of sight.

Harvey, when I create my universe, your radios are going to talk to each other at 100 meters as promised ... and they'll tell you your horoscope on Tuesdays.

22-12-2020 05:06
(5197)
Just my first journey down this road. I barely program in 'C' to begin with. Communications between two microprocessors never attempted before. Crammed a lot into a few weeks, still have a ways to go.
22-12-2020 05:44
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote: Just my first journey down this road. I barely program in 'C' to begin with. Communications between two microprocessors never attempted before. Crammed a lot into a few weeks, still have a ways to go.

Are you programming in straight C? ... or in C++ or C#?

I recommend creating an account on GitHub, storing your code there, and instead of using some flavor of C to just use Python (it's a simple interpreted language).

That way you'll have an online community of a billion people willing to help you with everything you are doing. If you're not careful, they'll have your radios communicating with the Hubble telescope.

It's just a recommendation.

... or ... if you'd be willing to spend a couple of hours to learn Java (*very* similar to C++) then you'll be able to load the JVM onto your radios and talk to the Hubble telescope yourself without any help.

Jussayn.

22-12-2020 08:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Just my first journey down this road. I barely program in 'C' to begin with. Communications between two microprocessors never attempted before. Crammed a lot into a few weeks, still have a ways to go.

Even a kid can write a batch file. Outside of Linux, writing code isn't needed. It's all in your OS. It's sad but you guys probably have no idea what Cobalt language is used for. It's not needed for what you guys do. Just shows how sad this forum really is. Gosh, if I only knew something. You're here. You don't know something.
22-12-2020 08:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@All, writing C++ isn't something basic. Your pc translates binary code which is 1s and 0s. That's what C++ does. It takes basic code and translates it into something that shows up in a function.
Type a letter on your keyboard? That is C++. You gave your keyboard a command. This is the basis of programmable language which Harvey and IBDM are discussing.
I would find it interesting how C++ allows for drones to be programmed. That is the nature of their discussion. Myself, I like Linux because I have open access to the operating system and it's coding.
p.s., I am using Mint19 on my pc. It's OS is accessible with few key strokes. Talk about a "My Bad". The link to the OS is in my task bar. Can get into the programming whenever I want.
Yep, I have the freedom to change the programming on my pc.
Attached image:

Edited on 22-12-2020 08:42
22-12-2020 09:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
For more fun, what you are reading is most likely HTML which is Hyper Text Markp Language. It's what web pages use.
When posting, [name]...[name/] is html. Or
An example;
IBdaMann wrote:

tmiddles wrote:

That's hyper text markup language. That is what binary code is translated into. This means that we go from 1s and 0s to marks or HTML. Anymore this is computer basics at the grade school level. Kids know this. Maybe not their parents but....

With tmiddles, and was added. bold letter or not. read the programming.
Edited on 22-12-2020 09:16
22-12-2020 10:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is my nieces newspaper. https://www.seekernews.com/
She never asked me if I could do this as a favor in my spare time. At the time I was writing a fmily history tree web page that was more difficult than this.
Basic computer code, writing commands is fairly simple. Hacking and avoiding being hacked is something different.
Sometimes communication is an issue. My niece probably didn't know that I knew how to write a web page. If you know the codes and commands, you will make mistakes and have to adjust everything. There's also links and coding the links. Just basic stuff. What color and to be hilighted or not. Where positioned and is the screen set or will it adjust to script. Just the usual variations.
22-12-2020 10:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
When I was 15, there was no operating system. Everything was done on the tree and with entering string commands. This went on into the 90's.
I am now thinking that no one in my family knew how to write a web page. Why my niece never asked me to do it for her. She probably didn't even know how a web page was viewed. That requires it being oriented. Why there are bars for scrolling, img size, etc., everything has to fit in its place.
As far as my niece goes, something easy to do in my spare time.

I think I owe you guys an apology. I mean I am learning calculus now. Without practice problems, kind of makes it difficult. Still, would think hacking and cyber security is what drives code writing. Otherwise it's how different programs interact.
Linux is open sourced while Windows isn't. Creating interfaces without knowing the source code often isn't possible. Why everything is pretty much standardized today.
But atmospheric chemistry is fun, yeah?
Edited on 22-12-2020 11:12
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Climate Change:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact