Remember me
▼ Content

Chloroquine death

Chloroquine death24-03-2020 07:20
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Trump said chloroquine can treat covid-19, recently some idiot died from taking it.

Just checking it wasn't one of you morons. Please let me know you're OK.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
24-03-2020 18:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
No such luck spot, we're still here for you....and if I get the Kung Flu virus with bad symptoms, I'd take the Chloroquine/zithro in a heartbeat.

By the way, he said it showed promise. He did NOT say it was a cure-all.
24-03-2020 18:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Spot,
I heard about that chloroquine death on tv. I heard that they used a form of chloroquine that is used to clean fish tanks. I'm still holding out hope for chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine.
24-03-2020 18:36
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Some antiviral drugs reduce red blood cells. For example ribavirin. Imagine getting the anemia when the lung function is compromized during the illness.
24-03-2020 18:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
spot wrote:
Trump said chloroquine can treat covid-19,

No he didn't. He said that he had a good feeling about the drug, that it might be an effective treatment (as there have been successes overseas with using the drug as treatment).

spot wrote:
recently some idiot died from taking it.

Which "some idiot" are you referring to? Was it specifically the drug that killed them?

spot wrote:

Don't worry, I am perfectly healthy at the moment.

This particular treatment has already saved at least one life here in the States... See below...

https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florida-man-with-coronavirus-says-drug-touted-by-trump-saved-his-life/
Edited on 24-03-2020 19:02
24-03-2020 20:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I'm not sure, but think it was Arizona. They didn't use the prescription drug, or even get it from a doctor. They had some medicine for their Koi pond, which listed chloroquine. The husband died, the wife in bad shape, might die as well. Probably wasn't even the chloroquine that mess them up. Think it was some sort of fungus treatment for fish. They took it as a preventative measure, not because the actually had Covid-19. Chloroquine would only be given to people already infected, and in bad shape, with little to lose, by trying it.

Trump was talking about chloroquine, to give people some hope, and reassurance, that there was at least one treatment option. A treatment, not a cure, or preventative. There are a lot of idiots in the world. Think about all the people stockpiling toilet paper. Would it be Trump's fault, when somebodies 10,000 roll stash catches fire, and burns down their house, because the stacked it too close to the heater?
24-03-2020 20:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Much of what Trump says comes across as a lie but it is really just uninformed wishful thinking. He means well usually.
24-03-2020 20:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
spot wrote: Trump said chloroquine can treat covid-19,

You are pulling a tmiddles. Trump did not say that.

spot wrote: recently some idiot died from taking it.

Nope. The idiot and his wife self-medicated on something else [hint: an aquarium cleaner that has "chloroquine" in its name.

spot wrote: Just checking it wasn't one of you morons. Please let me know you're OK.

I appreciate your concern and I'm glad you popped back in. Please stay a while.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-03-2020 20:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
spot wrote:
Trump said chloroquine can treat covid-19, recently some idiot died from taking it.

They both were healthy and took chloroquine phosphate to prevent catching the coronavirus. Chloroquine is used to treat malaria. What they took might contain phosphorus which is why it'd be a phosphate.
24-03-2020 21:35
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Much of what Trump says comes across as a lie but it is really just uninformed wishful thinking. He means well usually.

Actually, Trump is very well informed, and he does get it right most of the time. He doesn't have a crystal ball, nor is he an expert on all things, nobody really is, though some try to give that impression.

Trump isn't a lawyer, or career politician, who careful choses every word, and makes sure it can't be twisted around and used as a weapon later. Trump simply speaks what's on his mind, openly, honestly. Which, of course, is a feast, for the media, and career politicians. It's actually what got him elected in 2016. People appreciate straight, simple to understand talk, where you don't have to decipher anything, or wonder what's omitted. The media loved it, because it was so easy to attach their own narrative, usually false. Trump didn't really need to buy advertisements, it was given freely, and generously.
24-03-2020 23:09
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
spot wrote: Trump said chloroquine can treat covid-19,

You are pulling a tmiddles. Trump did not say that.

spot wrote: recently some idiot died from taking it.

Nope. The idiot and his wife self-medicated on something else [hint: an aquarium cleaner that has "chloroquine" in its name.

spot wrote: Just checking it wasn't one of you morons. Please let me know you're OK.

I appreciate your concern and I'm glad you popped back in. Please stay a while.

Ahhh yup, I caught up on this story now. A fish tank cleaner with "chloroquine" in its name is not the same thing as the drug used for malaria. Pretty pathetic attempt to smear Trump if you ask me...
25-03-2020 21:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:...he said it showed promise. He did NOT say it was a cure-all.
Then someone took it and died.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/trump-hyped-chloroquine-cure-covid-19-man-arizona-took-died/

I tried to see where he his warning people not to self medicate but I couldn't find it. I do see that he was bragging that a Florida Man (always that Florida Man) saved himself by taking it. He had that retweeted on his twitter for a while too. He has not addressed the death of the man in Arizona.

I will warn you GG, don't just take drugs without a doctor. Expertise is a real thing despite how it's portrayed on this board by your team.

Leaders should lead with competence. A widow shouldn't be left saying "Don't believe anything the President says, and his people, because they don't know what they're talking about. And don't take anything — be so careful — and call your doctor. I mean, this is a heartache I'll never get over."
25-03-2020 22:16
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:...he said it showed promise. He did NOT say it was a cure-all.
Then someone took it and died.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/trump-hyped-chloroquine-cure-covid-19-man-arizona-took-died/

They did not ingest the malaria drug that Trump spoke of. They ingested fish tank cleaner.

tmiddles wrote:
I tried to see where he his warning people not to self medicate but I couldn't find it.

Trump is not responsible for people self-medicating. SELF medicating involves one's own SELF and one's own SELF choice to medicate themSELVES. Personally, I do not find fish tank cleaner to be a good form of self-medication.

tmiddles wrote:
I do see that he was bragging that a Florida Man (always that Florida Man) saved himself by taking it. He had that retweeted on his twitter for a while too.

Correct. The Florida guy took the malaria drug that Trump mentioned rather than taking the fish tank cleaner. The malaria drug saved his life. It worked wonders for him.

tmiddles wrote:
He has not addressed the death of the man in Arizona.

Why should he? The man in Arizona didn't take the malaria drug... He took fish tank cleaner instead. Is it Trump's fault that this person was so damn stupid that he ingested fish tank cleaner?

tmiddles wrote:
I will warn you GG, don't just take drugs without a doctor.

Why not? Many people do so. I'm willing to bet that you have too.

tmiddles wrote:
Expertise is a real thing despite how it's portrayed on this board by your team.

It doesn't take any "expertise" to know to not ingest fish tank cleaner that specifically says "not for human consumption" on it.

tmiddles wrote:
Leaders should lead with competence.

... and Trump IS.

tmiddles wrote:
A widow shouldn't be left saying "Don't believe anything the President says, and his people, because they don't know what they're talking about. And don't take anything — be so careful — and call your doctor. I mean, this is a heartache I'll never get over."

Nahhh, I'd say that widow is probably wondering why the **** she decided to marry an illiterate retard.
25-03-2020 22:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
I will warn you GG, don't just take drugs without a doctor.
There are all kinds of medicines you can take without a doctor. Aspirin, Tylenol, a whole variety of off the shelf cold medicines, pain medicines, anti-fungal medicines, hydro-quinine, etc.
tmiddles wrote:
Expertise is a real thing despite how it's portrayed on this board by your team.

You don't have it, though you say you do.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-03-2020 02:50
(5197)
Chloroquine is a group chemical name, and many uses. Drugs, are usually a very specific preparation, the name is shortened to the group name, to limit others from stealing their glory, and usually easier to write and talk about. Professionals/doctors, can find out the specific formula. The group/family can have health benefits, and usually quite a few variations are possible, some might be safer, or more effective.

What that guy and his wife did, was like some hippy, who knows 'acid' gets you 'high', and heard there was acid in a car battery...
26-03-2020 02:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
tmiddles wrote:
I tried to see where he his warning people not to self medicate but I couldn't find it.

I always wondered who the hell needs a warning label on a mattress or a sandwich bag. Now I know.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
26-03-2020 03:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

You don't have it, though you say you do.
I most certainly do not have it. I make no such claim. I do trust, quote it and link to it.

You know who does have it?
Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director | NIH

That's the guy hiding his face in his hand as Trump embarrasses the nation taking time out to vilify the state department calling it the "Deep State Department".

So does Fauci think the President, our LEADER, is MISSLEADING the country on this important issue (about which the President knows no more than we do)?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/23/anthony-fauci-science-magazine-interview-coronavirus-trump/2897004001/

"But I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let's try and get it corrected for the next time."

Sure sounds like Jack Ass wrangling to me.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Leaders should lead with competence.
... and Trump IS.
NOT...Answered above.
Edited on 26-03-2020 03:12
26-03-2020 03:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
Into the Night wrote: There are all kinds of medicines you can take without a doctor. Aspirin, Tylenol, a whole variety of off the shelf cold medicines, pain medicines, anti-fungal medicines, hydro-quinine, etc.

I take Excedrine and Motrin without consulting with anyone ... and I mean NO ONE! I just pop the top and slam the dope. Better living through chemistry is what I always say! ... but that's jut me ... IBlivingOnDEdge.

... then of course there is Better Living Through Rum and Rammstein but that's kind of a rare occurrence these days.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-03-2020 05:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantra 2...31..4c...4f...17...5...

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-03-2020 15:21
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

I always wondered who the hell needs a warning label on a mattress or a sandwich bag. Now I know.

The sad thing is that, in this case, even the warning label didn't work.
26-03-2020 16:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Chloroquine is a group chemical name, and many uses. Drugs, are usually a very specific preparation, the name is shortened to the group name, to limit others from stealing their glory, and usually easier to write and talk about. Professionals/doctors, can find out the specific formula. The group/family can have health benefits, and usually quite a few variations are possible, some might be safer, or more effective.

What that guy and his wife did, was like some hippy, who knows 'acid' gets you 'high', and heard there was acid in a car battery...

I just checked, Chloroquine phosphate is THE anti-malarial drug taken among other things to PREVENT malaria as well as to cure it. They might've O.D.ed on it.
If there is nothing else poisonous in the fish tank cleaner then the dose it gives to kill bacteria in a fish tank might be lethal to people.
The Sacramento Bee uses "overdosed";

Three people in Nigeria also overdosed on the same chemicals, prompting a warning from state officials there, CNN reported. All were hospitalized.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavirus/article241445901.html#storylink=cpy

Chloroquine phosphate can have side effects such as;
From MedlinePlus;
https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682318.html
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

seeing light flashes and streaks
blurred vision
reading or seeing difficulties (words disappear, seeing half an object, misty or foggy vision)
difficulty hearing
ringing in ears
muscle weakness
drowsiness
vomiting
irregular heartbeats
convulsions
difficulty breathing

It seems that one newspaper might have gotten it right when reporting on this story.
Edited on 26-03-2020 16:54
26-03-2020 17:08
(3314)
Fish tank cleaner is not the malaria drug.
26-03-2020 17:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
Fish tank cleaner is not the malaria drug.

It uses the malaria drug.
Chloroquine - C18H26ClN3
Chloroquine phosphate - C18H32ClN3O8P2

The difference between Chloroquine and Chloroquine phosphate is
H6O8P2. That means that it has 6 more hydrogen molecules, 8 more oxygen molecules and 2 phosphor molecules were added, that's why it's a phosphate. This is where philosophy does not all you to understand that Chloroquine phosphate "IS" is because of it's molecular structure.
And if you were more familiar with science you would know that if it's ionization or molecular make up is changed then it would not be called Chloroquine phosphate but something else. Otherwise there could be confusion when companies order it for whatever purpose they'd be using it for.
It wouldn't be surprising if one company makes Chloroquine phosphate and then sells it to other companies so they can make either medicine or fish tank cleaner with it. Both have their recommended "doses" based on the purity of the chemical.

Join the debate Chloroquine death:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Pro-Palestinian protester arrested in death of Jewish man Paul Kessler. Told you so.016-11-2023 21:56
Judge denied immunity, going to prison, which will mean death by beating or stabbing003-11-2023 20:57
Hit and run driver shot to death after running over mother and child521-01-2023 14:15
Wild video shows NYC bodega worker stabbing looser to death309-07-2022 13:42
New Temperature High Recorded in Death Valley1919-08-2020 02:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact