Remember me
▼ Content

Bernie Sanders & Al Gore Discuss Climate Change and Renewables (July 2017)

Bernie Sanders & Al Gore Discuss Climate Change and Renewables (July 2017)18-12-2017 17:41
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTi_XmDD0NM

"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
18-12-2017 19:38
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
I watched this video...I needed a good laugh this morning.

A couple things I noticed....

The video starts out with the normal barrage of extreme weather event lies. He blames deniers for not explaining this phenomenon, but then he fails to explain how a warmer climate could cause any of these events. What caught my eye the most most was during this part of the session, he sat dead still with perfect posture and poise...except for his fingers. Constant movement. Don't tell me this clown was nervous, he's been telling the story for decades. Can someone explain this?

Second thing I noticed is how relaxed he seemed when he was actually talking some common sense. The conversation eventually turns to technology performance and pricing for some of his preferred products. He has finally come to the realization that people will not spend shitloads of money for an inferior performing product, even if they think it could save the planet. The numbers have to make sense. He is right on that. I myself have switched out the lighting in my house to LEDs because the are fine lighting and a low price that saves me money in the long run. I didn't do it reduce any emissions. Now, don't blow me up...I know ALgore completely exaggerated the cost implementation and the performance of solar and wind power, but he does now understand that he's a baffoon that can't get enough sheep without the numbers making sense.

Otherwise, the video was 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
18-12-2017 20:11
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I watched this video...I needed a good laugh this morning.

A couple things I noticed....

The video starts out with the normal barrage of extreme weather event lies. He blames deniers for not explaining this phenomenon, but then he fails to explain how a warmer climate could cause any of these events. What caught my eye the most most was during this part of the session, he sat dead still with perfect posture and poise...except for his fingers. Constant movement. Don't tell me this clown was nervous, he's been telling the story for decades. Can someone explain this?

Second thing I noticed is how relaxed he seemed when he was actually talking some common sense. The conversation eventually turns to technology performance and pricing for some of his preferred products. He has finally come to the realization that people will not spend shitloads of money for an inferior performing product, even if they think it could save the planet. The numbers have to make sense. He is right on that. I myself have switched out the lighting in my house to LEDs because the are fine lighting and a low price that saves me money in the long run. I didn't do it reduce any emissions. Now, don't blow me up...I know ALgore completely exaggerated the cost implementation and the performance of solar and wind power, but he does now understand that he's a baffoon that can't get enough sheep without the numbers making sense.

Otherwise, the video was 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

The problem I have with LED lights is that they are EXTREMELY expensive. They aren't priced by the manufacturing cost and a profit but for the amount of normal bulbs that would theoretically burn out in the supposed lifespan of the LED bulbs.

Also they have a dead white light instead of the most user friendly yellowish glow of a filament bulb. As a compromise I've changed over to compact fluorescent and quartz halogen.

If the nutcake thinks for one second that I would click on ANYTHING he posts he is as crazy as he acts.
Edited on 18-12-2017 20:13
18-12-2017 20:22
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
You can get 60 watt equivalent LEDs at Wal Mart for about a $1.25 a piece, and the coloring has improved tremendously over that past couple years. I've got some in my basement that burn constantly, almost a year now and haven't burned out. Give them another try. I've got a feeling $5 won't break your bank.

Edited on 18-12-2017 20:23
18-12-2017 20:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
GasGuzzler wrote:
You can get 60 watt equivalent LEDs at Wal Mart for about a $1.25 a piece, and the coloring has improved tremendously over that past couple years. I've got some in my basement that burn constantly, almost a year now and haven't burned out. Give them another try. I've got a feeling $5 won't break your bank.

My hangar has a limited power supply. It's lit exclusively with LED bulbs. I can put six of those suckers in a circuit and still draw less than one 100w bulb. I've never had better lighting in there. Don't have to deal with the long startup time with the CF bulbs either. The LEDs also burn cooler.

Leaves me with more available current for my power tools.

They're pretty cheap. They last longer than the CF bulbs and have all kinds of advantages. You can get the warm white that I feel is actually a better color than CF. It's more like an incandescent color.

The market is dying for CF. Some manufactures are going to discontinue them soon.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-12-2017 21:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Yep, and those CF bulbs take FOREVER to get bright when they're outside and it's 25 below 0!

Point is, you, me, and everyone else will switch products and procedures when new ones become more appealing, NOT because we're saving the planet.
18-12-2017 21:14
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
GasGuzzler wrote:

... you're an ass-hole?

Didn't you announce you were leaving just a couple of weeks back, they had a party for you and everything.

"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
18-12-2017 21:35
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Yes, I thought you and Litebeer were the only 2 leftists still here and I wasn't wasting anymore time with 2 hopeless trolls. Greenman was gone, Spot was gone, and Surface Decal has disappeared....and Ceist? Hasn't posted in months. Those people were a lot of fun to watch them chase their tail. Then I checked back in and there's a couple new people, and Greenman is once again preaching from the podium about how he tweaked a climate model into matching up with biblical prophecies, and tying that in with Jesus actually being Lucifer, simply disguised as the loving son of God. Ha! I can't write this stuff?!! Can You? Lot's of fun here again!
18-12-2017 23:00
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Yes, I thought you and Litebeer were the only 2 leftists still here and I wasn't wasting anymore time with 2 hopeless trolls. Greenman was gone, Spot was gone, and Surface Decal has disappeared....and Ceist? Hasn't posted in months. Those people were a lot of fun to watch them chase their tail. Then I checked back in and there's a couple new people, and Greenman is once again preaching from the podium about how he tweaked a climate model into matching up with biblical prophecies, and tying that in with Jesus actually being Lucifer, simply disguised as the loving son of God. Ha! I can't write this stuff?!! Can You? Lot's of fun here again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIvLEwGS-70
18-12-2017 23:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Absolutely.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate Bernie Sanders & Al Gore Discuss Climate Change and Renewables (July 2017):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded20125-12-2023 14:11
Book your bargain rate Israeli Tel Aviv or Jerusalem vacation now, free 4th of July style fireworks inclu118-10-2023 05:25
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
The Technology Team & Some Entities Was, Are Preventing The Messiah To Save The World1702-08-2023 06:23
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Articles
Al Gore: Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech
Al Gore: Hurricane Katrina and Global Warming
Al Gore: Bali speech
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact