Remember me
▼ Content

Alaska in desperate need, of air conditioners and sunscreen...

Alaska in desperate need, of air conditioners and sunscreen...06-07-2019 05:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/alaskas-largest-city-sets-hightemperature-record/964268941

I hate these kind of stories, where they hype the record breaking heat wave, but they don't mention the previous record, or when. Really, ruins a good story, when I have to go looking for the full story. Damn liberal news media...

Anyway, global warming in Alaska reach 90 Fn degrees, but apparently it's not too uncommon, since there are some people with air conditioners. Probably only get's hot a few days here and there during the summer, not usually worth the price, or wasted storage space. Growing up in Oregon, we never actually broke 90 degrees F, almost made it to 90 one summer, but just came close, few days later, it was back down to low 80's. It did feel hot, but didn't keep us indoors, or really change much of anything. We didn't have Air conditioning either.

I image Al Gore, and his research team will be on the private 737 Max, and rushing up there to survey the damage to the environment, take a few propaganda selfies with the melting ice.
06-07-2019 05:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:I image Al Gore, and his research team will be on the private 737 Max, and rushing up there to survey the damage to the environment, take a few propaganda selfies with the melting ice.

You were right. He just posted the selfie of his Alaska trip:

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-07-2019 18:22
(5197)
Wow, and just think last month they had a foot of snow. Wonder why my house hasn't flooded yet, from the rising seas, after all that ice and snow melted, at an alarming rate. Maybe it takes more than a month for pacific water to make it over to the atlantic side.
06-07-2019 19:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/alaskas-largest-city-sets-hightemperature-record/964268941

I hate these kind of stories, where they hype the record breaking heat wave, but they don't mention the previous record, or when. Really, ruins a good story, when I have to go looking for the full story. Damn liberal news media...

Yup. Anchorage can get pretty hot and humid, which is why quite a few houses have air conditioners. This is the record for July 4th only. The 'nighttime' low was 59 degF that day as well, leaving an average temperature of 75degF that day this year (about normal).
HarveyH55 wrote:
Anyway, global warming in Alaska reach 90 Fn degrees, but apparently it's not too uncommon, since there are some people with air conditioners. Probably only get's hot a few days here and there during the summer, not usually worth the price, or wasted storage space. Growing up in Oregon, we never actually broke 90 degrees F, almost made it to 90 one summer, but just came close, few days later, it was back down to low 80's. It did feel hot, but didn't keep us indoors, or really change much of anything. We didn't have Air conditioning either.

You must've lived quite near the coast. Portland and stations located in the Willamette valley often reach 90+ degF in the summer.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I image Al Gore, and his research team will be on the private 737 Max, and rushing up there to survey the damage to the environment, take a few propaganda selfies with the melting ice.

Al Gore, the Son of Global Warming, descends like an angel from heaven to say something stupid.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
06-07-2019 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wow, and just think last month they had a foot of snow. Wonder why my house hasn't flooded yet, from the rising seas, after all that ice and snow melted, at an alarming rate. Maybe it takes more than a month for pacific water to make it over to the atlantic side.

It has to flow clear down to Cape Horn, you see. The ice in the Arctic blocks the flow, and the Panama Canal works by draining fresh water from a river.

Seattle won't see this surge until we get our highest tides, which occur in the winter around here.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 06-07-2019 19:24
06-07-2019 20:44
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wow, and just think last month they had a foot of snow. Wonder why my house hasn't flooded yet, from the rising seas, after all that ice and snow melted, at an alarming rate.

Global Warming dried it all up.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-07-2019 21:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Wow, and just think last month they had a foot of snow. Wonder why my house hasn't flooded yet, from the rising seas, after all that ice and snow melted, at an alarming rate.

Global Warming dried it all up.

I'm think I'm starting to get it now. This is how we get more severe drought AND floods.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
07-07-2019 02:02
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:I'm think I'm starting to get it now. This is how we get more severe drought AND floods.

Yeah, it's that whole desert wetlands thing. Death Valley would otherwise be buried in ice like Greenland if it weren't where all the excess Global Warming heat pollution is hiding. All the melted ice dried up a while back.

07-07-2019 18:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:I'm think I'm starting to get it now. This is how we get more severe drought AND floods.

Yeah, it's that whole desert wetlands thing. Death Valley would otherwise be buried in ice like Greenland if it weren't where all the excess Global Warming heat pollution is hiding. All the melted ice dried up a while back.

Heh! I had to take a double look and make sure it was you posting. For a second there I thought sure someone let litesong back on!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
07-07-2019 21:54
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:Heh! I had to take a double look and make sure it was you posting. For a second there I thought sure someone let litesong back on!

From what I remember, litesong's posts weren't exactly intelligible. Have my posts become that bad?

07-07-2019 22:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Heh! I had to take a double look and make sure it was you posting. For a second there I thought sure someone let litesong back on!

From what I remember, litesong's posts weren't exactly intelligible. Have my posts become that bad?

No! Ha!

It was this little line right here....

all the excess Global Warming heat pollution is hiding

08-07-2019 00:05
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:
It was this little line right here....

all the excess Global Warming heat pollution is hiding

Remember, this idea is completely legitimate! It's thoroughly documented in the 1992 IPPC report.

The Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP), now under development, which will monitor and assess background pollution of all major arctic environments, and includes systematic observations of CO2 and other radiatively active gases

The current IPCC reports discuss other types but strangely never define "pollution."

the reduction of nitrogen use and N2O emissions from agriculture is already a present-day concern due to unsustainable levels of nitrogen pollution (Bodirsky et al., 2012).

Question: Can an 80% nitrogen atmosphere be "polluted" with nitrogen? If I were to pour pure water into Lake Tahoe, would I be guilty of "water pollution"?

suggestions have been proposed that target the warming agents only (referred to as short-lived climate pollutants or SLCPs instead of the more general short-lived climate forcers;

If I may ask, targetted for what? Identification?

There are suggestions that a broader range of polluting activities than only CO2 emissions, for example emissions of air pollutants, and a broader range of impacts than only climate change, such as impacts on air quality, health and sustainable development in general

Really? There are actually suggestions that there is more to pollution than just CO2 and Climate Change?

The potential co-benefits of mitigating air pollutants and how the reduction in air pollution may affect the carbon sink are also important sources of uncertainty

Really? Are they saying that there is uncertainty in a confusing description of something that isn't really a thing? It seemed pretty cut and dried to me.

Reducing coastal pollution, and consequently the penetration of organic carbon into deep benthic habitats, is expected to reduce the loss of oxygen in coastal waters and hypoxic areas in general

Are the fish in the ocean somehow NOT organic carbon? Wouldn't overfishing greatly reduce the organic carbon of our ocean?

Just wondering.

08-07-2019 00:31
(5197)
For being 'settled science' they don't seem to be so sure about a lot of things. I wonder if most climatologist reading that sort of crap, get confused by it as well. I sort of doubt most of them read the work of others, barely read what their own team generates. Mostly, they are concerned with keeping their grant money coming, hoping to find ways to get more funding.
08-07-2019 05:20
(14414)
HarveyH55 wrote: For being 'settled science' they don't seem to be so sure about a lot of things.

... but being a religion, they sure choose their words with sniper precision ... aimed at the gullible.

HarveyH55 wrote: I wonder if most climatologist reading that sort of crap, get confused by it as well. I sort of doubt most of them read the work of others, barely read what their own team generates. Mostly, they are concerned with keeping their grant money coming, hoping to find ways to get more funding.

Climatologists pore over the wording so they know what to regurgitate.

Join the debate Alaska in desperate need, of air conditioners and sunscreen...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
B-17 and Bell King Cobra collided at Dallas air show today. Story at 11013-11-2022 01:38
HOW PRACTICAL IS HARVESTING WATER FROM THE AIR?101-11-2021 00:34
Indoor air humidity1130-12-2020 13:19
Lion Air 737 Max 8 Crash7530-10-2019 18:29
Alaska Supreme Court1111-10-2019 23:33
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact