Remember me
▼ Content

10 Reasons To Prove That Climate Change is a Hoax

Page 1 of 3123>
10 Reasons To Prove That Climate Change is a Hoax29-01-2021 20:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
https://www.eartheclipse.com/climate-change/10-reasons-climate-change-is-hoax.html
Reason 1. Ice Records
If global warming were occurring we would see less ice forming than we have seen in previous years. In 2014, there were several temperature records set. One of those was the amount of ice recorded in Antarctica. Furthermore, Lake Superior was frozen solid for most of the year. In fact, there were only three months out of the 12 where there was no ice on the lake. These are just some of the examples of record ice that you should consider when thinking about global warming and whether or not it is something that you should worry about.

READ: Natural and Man-made Causes of Climate Change
Reason 2. Cold Temperatures
So much for the predictions of the hottest temperatures, we would ever experience. There were many many cold temperature records broken in 2014. And, don't forget the "Polar Vortex" which also occurred during that year.

Reason 3. Record Levels of Snow
There was snow seen in many areas of the world. And, in many of these places, record amounts of snowfall were recorded. How could we possibly be increasing in global warming when it is still snowing so much in so many different places of the world, with even records being set?

Reason 4. It is good for the Bears
If global warming were occurring, many animals would suffer. One type of animal that would greatly suffer would be the polar bear. Polar bears do not appear to be in any immediate type of danger, however, and are still doing well in their natural habitats.

Reason 5. Rising Oceans
The oceans are not rising as Al Gore predicted to us. He told us that in 2010 there would be a rise in the ocean by about 20 foot. So far, so good, however, and the sea levels are still pretty normal and staying about where they should be.

Reason 6. Moose are Thriving
People made many speculations when, several years back, a decrease in the number of moose in Minnesota dropped significantly. However, a study was conducted and it was then determined that it has nothing to do with global warming, but instead, wolves making meals of the big mammals.

Reason 7. Scientists are not falling for the Hype

If there was a problem with global warming, you are sure to hear about it from scientists around the world. There would be far greater talk than what we have heard thus far. But, the fact remains that scientists are not all worried about global warming or these claims. According to many reports, only about 1% of all scientists believe that there is a problem with the temperature on the earth. The other 99% say that just the opposite of global warming is true.

READ: 20 Fantastic Ways To Stop Climate Change
Reason 8. Carbon Sinks are around
Carbon sinks help remove some of the carbon dioxide from the air. Considering that man produces a great amount of CO2 on a yearly basis, these sinks are still taking care of the problem. NASA measured the CO2 levels around the world and learned that most of the problems come from China, South American, and African rainforests.

Reason 9. Long History of no Global Warming
The records are out there for you to look at. A quick internet search will provide you with plenty of useful information and great insight. When you do your research you will learn that there have been plenty of years warmer than what was experienced in 2014. You will also learn that there have not been any reports of global warming in over 18 years. That is a long time!

Reason 10. NASA says so
Sure, Al Gore is a smart man, as are the others who stand behind him in his claims of global warming. But NASA is the big daddy, the trusted source of research and information. And, according to NASA, there is nothing for us to worry about as far as global warming is concerned. There are still many ice sheets being produced, thus there is no major cause for concern. NASA has conducted several studies since the claims of global warming began, and they have always well-substantiated reasons why it is not occurring and nothing for us to worry about.

Are there more reasons why it is a Hoax?

We have listed 10 of the biggest reasons why you can rest assured that global warming is not a problem that you have to worry about. All of the evidence is out there for you to see if you so desire to look at the information. And while these are some of the most important factors that global warming is a hoax, there are still more factors that back this up. Let's take a look at some of those factors that continue to substantiate the fact that global warming is nothing more than a hoax.

In September 2015, there was a brilliant lunar eclipse that many were lucky enough to witness. When they looked at the eclipse, they saw that it was darker than usual. This is a sign that global cooling, not global warming is occurring.
In St. John's Newfoundland, winter came very early for many residents. This is yet another sign that global warming is nothing that we have to worry about just yet.
Three towns in Kentucky set record cold temperatures during the 2014 year. Those towns were Louisville, Frankfort and Bowling Green.
READ: Introduction to Global Climate Change
Final Thoughts

Stop and think about this for a moment: Al Gore, and some of those following behind, are paid to make statements that they have made. It is safe to say that this is a nice chunk of change they are being paid. If someone stands to profit from making a claim, don't you think they are going to make those claims as well as stand behind them? It is vital that you always consider the source of information as well as any reasons they might have to gain from saying these things.

The truth of the matter is clear: we do not have anything to worry about as far as climate changes and global warming is concerned, at least as of now. The statistics speak for themselves. While anyone can make a claim, no one can dispute the cold, hard evinced that is there for anyone and everyone to see.

Global warming is a hoax, and the 10 reasons listed above only begin to weigh in on the reasons that this is true. Do not fall for the hype and do not think that the world in which you live is in any kind of trouble due to global warming.
29-01-2021 21:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
Swan wrote:Global warming is a hoax.

... but you believe in Greenhouse Effect, yes?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 22:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Can you define the "Greenhouse Effect". Without a definition, we cannot say that such an effect is valid. Please "validate" your response.
Edited on 29-01-2021 22:08
29-01-2021 22:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:

The Earth is not a greenhouse. So no I do not believe in the greenhouse effect unless one is in a greenhouse. I do know that climate change has been happening for 5 billion years
29-01-2021 22:55
(14416)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The Earth is not a greenhouse. So no I do not believe in the greenhouse effect unless one is in a greenhouse. I do know that climate change has been happening for 5 billion years

So you believe there is a global climate?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 23:05
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The Earth is not a greenhouse.

Correct.

Swan wrote:
So no I do not believe in the greenhouse effect unless one is in a greenhouse.

So, greenhouse effect only occurs within the confines of a greenhouse?

Swan wrote:
I do know that climate change has been happening for 5 billion years

I do know that you have yet to define "climate change" beyond doing so circularly, which is meaningless.

Are you 5 billion years old?? Otherwise, I have no idea how you "know" that "climate change" has been happening for that long...

You sure seem to "know" a lot of stuff which is unknown to other people such as myself...
29-01-2021 23:13
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

He is currently trapped in a paradox regarding this matter... He has, in the past, referred to something called "the climate", which would imply that he believes in the existence of a global climate, yet he has also referred to something called "micro climates", which the plurality of that undefined word would imply that he believes in the existence of multiple climates (he has yet to explain what a "micro climate" even is, though).

In short, he is a very confused individual.
29-01-2021 23:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

I do know that you have yet to define "climate change" beyond doing so circularly, which is meaningless.

Are you 5 billion years old?? Otherwise, I have no idea how you "know" that "climate change" has been happening for that long...

You sure seem to "know" a lot of stuff which is unknown to other people such as myself...

Climate change is perpetual like the tides, it has been happening since before the Earth had a climate as climate formation involved change.

I do not have to define climate change for it to be real, this illusion exist in your mind. If I do not define the Moon it still revolves around the Earth.

20000 years ago the Earth was in an ice age, the ice age was the product of climate change, as the ending of the ice age is the product of climate change and climate change continues today. With or without a definition from me

Yawning
30-01-2021 00:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

He is currently trapped in a paradox regarding this matter... He has, in the past, referred to something called "the climate", which would imply that he believes in the existence of a global climate, yet he has also referred to something called "micro climates", which the plurality of that undefined word would imply that he believes in the existence of multiple climates (he has yet to explain what a "micro climate" even is, though).

In short, he is a very confused individual.

Was I confused when I bought Apple Google and Netflix
30-01-2021 00:20
(3314)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

...DELETED repetitious religious fundamentalist preaching...

This discussion has apparently come to a close... Let me know when you are ready to intelligently discuss such a topic with the big boys rather than endlessly chant your religious fundamentalism...
30-01-2021 00:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

This discussion has apparently come to a close... Let me know when you are ready to intelligently discuss such a topic with the big boys rather than endlessly chant your religious fundamentalism...

The close happens when you accept that the ice age of 20000 years ago both started and ended because of climate change and that climate change is still happening now, as it always has been

I explained that the primordial Earth had no climate and that the climate had to form and that this requires change. Not sure why reality is null and void to you
Edited on 30-01-2021 00:49
30-01-2021 00:53
(3314)
Swan wrote:
The close happens when you accept that the ice age of 20000 years ago both started and ended because of climate change and that climate change is still happening now, as it always has been

I explained that the primordial Earth had no climate and that the climate had to form and that this requires change. Not sure why reality is null and void to you

Continued fundamentalist chanting dismissed on sight.
30-01-2021 00:57
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL science is not fundamentalist religion, you have to dismiss both and science and reality to live in your little World of fiction where cartoons rule

Adults denying that there was an ice age so they can live in fantasy are sad

Very sad

So make sure you do exactly what you are told

I bought Google and Apple and Netflix

What did you buy other than nonsense
Edited on 30-01-2021 00:59
30-01-2021 02:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Define 'climate change'. Define 'greenhouse effect'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-01-2021 02:37
(14416)
Swan wrote: LOL science is not fundamentalist religion,

You are in for a very rude awakening.

Your WACKY religion is NOT science. You have to dismiss both science and reality to have the beliefs that you hold. Adults who believe that their wild speculations about the past are somehow "science" are living out pathetic fantasies in which they pretend to roleplay themselves as actually being smart and important.

Very sad

So make sure you believe exactly as you are told by your clergy and never question what you are told.

If you ever decide to abandon your childish fantasy and wish to join me over here on the science side of the fence, you'll find it refreshing and liberating to be able to explain a rational basis for whatever beliefs that you have, and will enable you to discard the boolsch't that others try to pawn off on you.

Swan wrote: I explained that the primordial Earth had no climate

This is meaningless gibberish. Presuming a primordial earth, it had to have millions of climates just as today it has millions of climates. The people who you have doing your thinking for you have you babbling nonsense.

30-01-2021 02:42
(21600)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Climate change is perpetual like the tides,

Define 'cliimate change'
Swan wrote:
it has been happening since before the Earth had a climate

There is no such thing as a global climate.
Swan wrote:
as climate formation involved change.

Climates don't 'form' or 'evolve'.
Swan wrote:
I do not have to define climate change

Yes you do. You are insisting on a void argument fallacy .
Swan wrote:
for it to be real,

Define 'real'.
Swan wrote:
this illusion exist in your mind.

What illusion? Please describe this 'illusion'.
Swan wrote:
If I do not define the Moon it still revolves around the Earth.

The Moon does not revolved around the Earth.
Swan wrote:
20000 years ago the Earth was in an ice age,

How do you know?
Swan wrote:
the ice age was the product of climate change,

Define 'climate change'. For that matter, define this 'ice age' you keep going on about.
Swan wrote:
as the ending of the ice age is the product of climate change and climate change continues today. With or without a definition from me

Void argument fallacy.
Swan wrote:
Yawning

Sorry, dude. You're going to have to define some words. You are just making void arguments.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-01-2021 03:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Climate change is perpetual like the tides,

Define 'cliimate change'
Swan wrote:
it has been happening since before the Earth had a climate

There is no such thing as a global climate.
Swan wrote:
as climate formation involved change.

Climates don't 'form' or 'evolve'.
Swan wrote:
I do not have to define climate change

Yes you do. You are insisting on a void argument fallacy .
Swan wrote:
for it to be real,

Define 'real'.
Swan wrote:
this illusion exist in your mind.

What illusion? Please describe this 'illusion'.
Swan wrote:
If I do not define the Moon it still revolves around the Earth.

The Moon does not revolved around the Earth.
Swan wrote:
20000 years ago the Earth was in an ice age,

How do you know?
Swan wrote:
the ice age was the product of climate change,

Define 'climate change'. For that matter, define this 'ice age' you keep going on about.
Swan wrote:
as the ending of the ice age is the product of climate change and climate change continues today. With or without a definition from me

Void argument fallacy.
Swan wrote:
Yawning

Sorry, dude. You're going to have to define some words. You are just making void arguments.

LOL so in your opinion the Earth is or is not undergoing climate change depending on what I define here to you.

Sorry kid, just not true, but you keep trying.

Are you always so triggered, or are you just my friend?
30-01-2021 03:09
(14416)
Swan wrote: LOL so in your opinion the Earth is or is not undergoing climate change depending on what I define here to you.

LOL so you can't be bothered to make sense. LOL gfm7175 is asking you to claify what you mean.

Swan wrote:Sorry kid, just not true, but you keep trying.

LOL you take pride in not making sense.

LOL, you think that writing LOL suffices for some sort of point.

LOL

30-01-2021 03:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL so in your opinion the Earth is or is not undergoing climate change depending on what I define here to you.

LOL so you can't be bothered to make sense. LOL gfm7175 is asking you to claify what you mean.

LOL

Lol I made plenty of sense when I bought Apple Google and Netflix though. didn't I?

You just keep going round and round in the same circle, pretending to be someone.

Proof that the oceans are not rising, simple really as banks continue to offer 30 year mortgages on coastal land, even after a storm washes away the property.

CIAO
Edited on 30-01-2021 03:26
30-01-2021 03:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
LOL
30-01-2021 03:53
(21600)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL science is not fundamentalist religion, you have to dismiss both and science and reality to live in your little World of fiction where cartoons rule

Adults denying that there was an ice age so they can live in fantasy are sad

Very sad

So make sure you do exactly what you are told

I bought Google and Apple and Netflix

What did you buy other than nonsense

A religion is not science. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's it. That's all.
Whether or not there was an ice age is not science.

It is religion.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2021 03:54
(21600)
Swan wrote:
LOL so in your opinion the Earth is or is not undergoing climate change depending on what I define here to you.

Sorry kid, just not true, but you keep trying.

Are you always so triggered, or are you just my friend?

Evasion. Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2021 03:55
(21600)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL

Lol I made plenty of sense when I bought Apple Google and Netflix though. didn't I?

You just keep going round and round in the same circle, pretending to be someone.

Proof that the oceans are not rising, simple really as banks continue to offer 30 year mortgages on coastal land, even after a storm washes away the property.

CIAO

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2021 05:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL

CIAO

Yawning
30-01-2021 05:29
(14416)
GasGuzzler wrote: LOL

Lighten up a bit. You don't have to be so serious all the time.

30-01-2021 05:46
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yawn?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
30-01-2021 06:36
(14416)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yawn?

Hey Mr. Bouncing-Off-The-Walls, go easy on the high-fructose espresso.

30-01-2021 07:29
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have read this thread a few times and can not see why Swan is being given such a hard time.F off with your define this and that do it yourselves.When the term fossil fuel is used who does not know what is being referred too.There was an ice age.
30-01-2021 08:31
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
duncan61 wrote:
I have read this thread a few times and can not see why Swan is being given such a hard time.F off with your define this and that do it yourselves.When the term fossil fuel is used who does not know what is being referred too.There was an ice age.

At the beginning the earth was hot as hell and ever since it has been slowly cooling down. It still cools. The magma chamber inside the earth cools down and since the temperature of earth is the sum of internal and external energy then it is easy to see that the overall temperature is going down. Furthermore - the earth is moving slowly away from the sun which will also contribute to overall cooling. It moves away from the sun in the same principle like the moon is moving away from the earth. Bit by bit it is moving away from the sun and therefore the temperature of earth would also decrease. So overall it does not make any sense that the earth has been a giant ice ball somewhere in the history. On the contrary, it was once a fireball that has been cooling down gradually ever since.
30-01-2021 11:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

That's not the issue at the moment. The ice age ended about 13,000 years ago. It was extended because of an asteroid hitting the Earth and causing about 1/3 of its biomass to burn.
Today, climate change impacts things like farming. Farming is essential for growing crops which people need. Your overview makes you seem ignorant to say the least.
30-01-2021 15:04
(21600)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

That's not the issue at the moment. The ice age ended about 13,000 years ago. It was extended because of an asteroid hitting the Earth and causing about 1/3 of its biomass to burn.
Today, climate change impacts things like farming. Farming is essential for growing crops which people need. Your overview makes you seem ignorant to say the least.

Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2021 15:27
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Correct.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

The ending of the last ice age had nothing to do with an asteroid, your chronology is off by 66 million years
31-01-2021 01:36
(21600)
Swan wrote:
The ending of the last ice age had nothing to do with an asteroid, your chronology is off by 66 million years

How do you know? Are you spewing your religion again?

The Parrot Killer

31-01-2021 02:11
(14416)
duncan61 wrote: I have read this thread a few times and can not see why Swan is being given such a hard time.

Because this is a forum of ideas. In this particular forum, errors are corrected, not coddled. Feelings are not the top priority in a critical analysis. Accurate information and ideas are far more important.

duncan61 wrote: F off with your define this and that

... and you can F off with your gibberish. If you are going to come here to this forum you can expect to be questioned. You should be well aware that babbling is going to be identified as babbling. It seems to me that only a fuuúkking moron would bitch and complain about someone asking for clarification. Were you expecting pure and utter gibberish to just be embraced and applauded?

Duncan, I can assure you that if you or anyone writes anything in this forum that is unclear or contradictory, I will feel free to ask for clarification, to ask for definitions and to mock the schit out of any morons spewing religious garbage as either "what we know" or "thettled thienth."

Oh, and you can blow me with your attempts to mandate what others can request. If someone would like a definition then the proper thing to do is to ask for the definition. Do you not understand how that works? Who on this board are you declaring is ineligible to ask for defintions? Please give me some names ... or shut the fuuúkk up with the censorship crap and let's agree to not have this conversation again.

duncan61 wrote: When the term fossil fuel is used who does not know what is being referred too.

We'll start with you. What kind of fossil do you think it is?

duncan61 wrote: There was an ice age.

Why should any rational adult who is not a completely gullible moron believe you?

31-01-2021 02:22
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL glacial moraines as big as mountains are not religion, they are trillion ton piles of rock and dirt moved by glaciation.

Not sure why you consider reality a religion?

Silly
31-01-2021 06:07
(14416)
Swan wrote:LOL glacial moraines as big as mountains are not religion, they are trillion ton piles of rock and dirt moved by glaciation.

That's not at issue.

The issue is your inability to answer the question as to why you believe an entire hemisphere was under ice at the same time as opposed to isolated regions at a time like Greenland is today.

The problem is entirely on your end.

Silly.

31-01-2021 06:13
(21600)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL glacial moraines as big as mountains are not religion, they are trillion ton piles of rock and dirt moved by glaciation.

How do you know they were moved at all? How do you know any glacier did it? How do you know connect a glacier with your so-called 'ice age'?

Pivot fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).
Swan wrote:

Define 'reality'.

Since you are confused about 'religion' and ' science'. Let me clarify a bit. These two words are defined by philosophy, which also gives the reasoning for a definition.

According to currently accepted philosophies, science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's all it is. No more. No less.

A theory is falsifiable if the null hypothesis for it can be constructed, and that hypothesis is testable using a test that is available, practical, specific, and produces a specific result. This means the test must be, of course, quantifiable. The test is of the theory itself, not any related theory.

A religion is best described as some initial circular argument, with arguments extending from that. Circular arguments by themselves are not fallacies (errors in logic). The other name for the circular argument is 'faith'. It is also known as the Argument of Faith.

Attempting to prove a circular argument either True or False is not possible. Such an attempt creates the Circular Argument fallacy. This what a fundamentalist does. For example, it is not possible to prove whether Jesus Christ exists or not. Attempts to prove either True or False on this results in the circular argument fallacy, or fundamentalism. Fundamentalists exists in every religion.

Examples of this:

Christianity. It's initial circular argument is that Jesus Christ exists and He is who He says He is, namely the Son of God. ALL other arguments stem from this initial argument.

The Church of Not God. It's initial circular argument is that there is no god or gods. ALL other arguments stem from this initial argument. Believers in this religion often mistakenly refer to themselves as 'atheists' (no religion whatsoever).

Shinto: It's initial circular argument is that the world is populated by various demons, or spirits, inhabiting physical objects or places, such as a tree, a rock, a mountain pass, a river, etc. This religion is practiced not only by the Japanese, but also appears in China, India, and among many indian tribes of North and South America. I use the Japanese name for this religion, since it is the most well known established name for such a belief system.

Church of Global Warming. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Earth is somehow warming, due to the properties of the presence of some magick gas, which is somehow able to set aside the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of Green. This religion's initial circular argument is that we are somehow 'polluting' the Earth beyond recover, even though 'pollution' and 'polluting' are never defined. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of Creation. This religion's initial circular argument is that life on Earth appeared as a result of some kind of act from some kind of intelligence. This intelligence need not be a god or gods. Fundamentalism is common in this religion.

Church of Abiogenesis. This religion's initial circular argument is that life on Earth originated here as a result of unspecified random events or an unspecified period of time. This religion is inherently fundamentalist. This religion is mutually exclusive with the Church of Creation.

Church of Evolution. This religion's initial circular argument is that life as we see it today evolved from some more primitive form. This religion tends towards fundamentalism, but it not necessarily inherently fundamentalist.

Church of the Big Bang. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Universe began from some point concentration of energy, without specifying where that energy came from or how it exists in anything that is not the Universe. This of course means the Universe has an end, somehow reaching a state where the Universe doesn't exist anymore. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of the Continuum. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Universe has always existed, and always will exist. It was neither created nor can be destroyed. This religion is mutually exclusive with the Church of the Big Bang.

Church of Covid. This religion's initial circular argument is that a devastating disease is killing people by <insert large random number here> per month. It depends on the use of random numbers as supporting evidence to a proof, making random statements about the future of mankind (usually horrifying ones),

Church of Karl Marx. This religion's initial circular argument is that of the writings and philosophies of Karl Marx...that capitalism is an Evil and socialism is the only True Way.
This religion is inherently fundamentalist. The religions of the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Green, and the Church of Covid stem from this religion.

Reality is not a religion. 'Reality' and 'real' itself are defined by philosophy, just as 'science' and 'religion' are. The branch of philosophy concerned with defining 'real' and 'reality' is called phenomenology.

The Parrot Killer

31-01-2021 16:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

How do you know they were moved at all? How do you know any glacier did it? How do you know connect a glacier with your so-called 'ice age'?

Pivot fallacy. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).
Swan wrote:

Define 'reality'.

Since you are confused about 'religion' and ' science'. Let me clarify a bit. These two words are defined by philosophy, which also gives the reasoning for a definition.

According to currently accepted philosophies, science is a set of falsifiable theories. That's all it is. No more. No less.

A theory is falsifiable if the null hypothesis for it can be constructed, and that hypothesis is testable using a test that is available, practical, specific, and produces a specific result. This means the test must be, of course, quantifiable. The test is of the theory itself, not any related theory.

A religion is best described as some initial circular argument, with arguments extending from that. Circular arguments by themselves are not fallacies (errors in logic). The other name for the circular argument is 'faith'. It is also known as the Argument of Faith.

Attempting to prove a circular argument either True or False is not possible. Such an attempt creates the Circular Argument fallacy. This what a fundamentalist does. For example, it is not possible to prove whether Jesus Christ exists or not. Attempts to prove either True or False on this results in the circular argument fallacy, or fundamentalism. Fundamentalists exists in every religion.

Examples of this:

Christianity. It's initial circular argument is that Jesus Christ exists and He is who He says He is, namely the Son of God. ALL other arguments stem from this initial argument.

The Church of Not God. It's initial circular argument is that there is no god or gods. ALL other arguments stem from this initial argument. Believers in this religion often mistakenly refer to themselves as 'atheists' (no religion whatsoever).

Shinto: It's initial circular argument is that the world is populated by various demons, or spirits, inhabiting physical objects or places, such as a tree, a rock, a mountain pass, a river, etc. This religion is practiced not only by the Japanese, but also appears in China, India, and among many indian tribes of North and South America. I use the Japanese name for this religion, since it is the most well known established name for such a belief system.

Church of Global Warming. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Earth is somehow warming, due to the properties of the presence of some magick gas, which is somehow able to set aside the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of Green. This religion's initial circular argument is that we are somehow 'polluting' the Earth beyond recover, even though 'pollution' and 'polluting' are never defined. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of Creation. This religion's initial circular argument is that life on Earth appeared as a result of some kind of act from some kind of intelligence. This intelligence need not be a god or gods. Fundamentalism is common in this religion.

Church of Abiogenesis. This religion's initial circular argument is that life on Earth originated here as a result of unspecified random events or an unspecified period of time. This religion is inherently fundamentalist. This religion is mutually exclusive with the Church of Creation.

Church of Evolution. This religion's initial circular argument is that life as we see it today evolved from some more primitive form. This religion tends towards fundamentalism, but it not necessarily inherently fundamentalist.

Church of the Big Bang. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Universe began from some point concentration of energy, without specifying where that energy came from or how it exists in anything that is not the Universe. This of course means the Universe has an end, somehow reaching a state where the Universe doesn't exist anymore. This religion is inherently fundamentalist in nature.

Church of the Continuum. This religion's initial circular argument is that the Universe has always existed, and always will exist. It was neither created nor can be destroyed. This religion is mutually exclusive with the Church of the Big Bang.

Church of Covid. This religion's initial circular argument is that a devastating disease is killing people by <insert large random number here> per month. It depends on the use of random numbers as supporting evidence to a proof, making random statements about the future of mankind (usually horrifying ones),

Church of Karl Marx. This religion's initial circular argument is that of the writings and philosophies of Karl Marx...that capitalism is an Evil and socialism is the only True Way.
This religion is inherently fundamentalist. The religions of the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Green, and the Church of Covid stem from this religion.

Reality is not a religion. 'Reality' and 'real' itself are defined by philosophy, just as 'science' and 'religion' are. The branch of philosophy concerned with defining 'real' and 'reality' is called phenomenology.

I know that people like you that say that God did it are ignoring that Islands are being born now from volcanic activity are lying to themselves not me.

Enjoy doing and thinking everything that you are told
31-01-2021 16:56
(14416)
Swan wrote:I know that people like you that say that God did it are ignoring that Islands are being born now from volcanic activity are lying to themselves not me.

You just tipped your king by knocking over all the pieces in a temper tantrum.

You realized that you had lost so you assigned a bogus position to Into the Night and then pretended to dismiss everything he had written. You did so in the hopes that no one would notice that you never adequately responded to any one of the points that each blow major holes in your WACKY beliefs.

Enjoy doing and thinking everything that you are told.

31-01-2021 17:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:I know that people like you that say that God did it are ignoring that Islands are being born now from volcanic activity are lying to themselves not me.

You just tipped your king by knocking over all the pieces in a temper tantrum.

You realized that you had lost so you assigned a bogus position to Into the Night and then pretended to dismiss everything he had written. You did so in the hopes that no one would notice that you never adequately responded to any one of the points that each blow major holes in your WACKY beliefs.

Enjoy doing and thinking everything that you are told.

LOL the fact is that you just threw a tantrum as you can not refute that the Earth both makes islands as I proved and that glacial moraines were made by glaciers.

Are you bald because you pulled all your hair out long ago?
Edited on 31-01-2021 17:09
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate 10 Reasons To Prove That Climate Change is a Hoax:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
22 Reasons to be Skeptical of Man-Made Global Warming4826-04-2024 11:06
Space travel is hoax3316-04-2024 23:24
Nukes are hoax1412-03-2024 16:06
Every time I say that this board is dead, someone says something to prove me wrong, but901-01-2024 05:08
I Can Prove I am The Messiah, I Want To Talk With Top People GOV Of China or USA To Save The World025-09-2021 04:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact