Remember me
▼ Content

Which

Which22-06-2023 16:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3079)
Which is more objectionable - to believe a lie or to ignore the truth?
22-06-2023 18:12
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14470)
keepit wrote: Which is more objectionable - to believe a lie or to ignore the truth?

You omitted option C: both, i.e. Allowing others to do your thinking for you, and believing the lies you have been ordered to believe while OBEYING direct orders to ignore the truth.

Option C is far more reprehensible than either A or B alone.
22-06-2023 18:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3079)
ibd,
That doesn't seem to be an answer. More like party line. Propaganda would be another word for your response.
22-06-2023 18:38
(14470)
keepit wrote:ibd,That doesn't seem to be an answer. More like party line. Propaganda would be another word for your response.

That's just more semantics from you, keepit. You're full of baloney.
22-06-2023 18:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:

Is it possible to do one and not the other?

If keepit tells me a lie and says that IBdaMann is stupid, and I choose to believe it, have I not already ignored the undeniable truth that IBdaMann is unbelievably brilliant?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
22-06-2023 18:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
keepit wrote:

If keepit tells me a lie and says that IBdaMann is stupid, and I choose to believe it, have I not already ignored the undeniable truth that IBdaMann is unbelievably brilliant?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
22-06-2023 19:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3079)
Still no answer to the actual question.
22-06-2023 19:16
(14470)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

What if keepit tells you that GasGuzzler is IBDaMann's SOCK! ... and you believe it? Are you not ignoring the truth that keepit is full of baloney?

What if Sven tells you to your face, without even flinching, that he isn't even real? What then?
22-06-2023 19:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Seems to be about the same thing, since you would have be gullible, and of low mental capacity. I you know it's a lie, why would you believe it? Would it be ignoring the truth, if you could know the truth. Even if it was bitch-slapping you, repeatedly?
22-06-2023 19:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2938)
Sven bitch slapped me one time because I called him a sock. Then he ate my venison and said it tastes like baloney. I bitch slapped him right back. Sven is a very real dude and that's truthfully not a lie you can believe.
22-06-2023 20:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21665)
keepit wrote:
Still no answer to the actual question.

Three have been posted already. I make a fourth.

Lying IS ignoring the truth.
False dichotomy fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 22-06-2023 20:41

Join the debate Which:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact