Remember me
▼ Content

Treasury

Page 1 of 212>
Treasury09-03-2021 01:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Where does the Treasury get the money to send to the relatively poor people? Does it borrow it from the fed?
Regardless, the money can be considered payback. Payback for what you say? Well, the relatively poor got cheated out of their worktime by rich people using laws made by rich people to take advantage and leverage the poor into giving up their time for meager wages. It's time they got paid back being forced to accept insufficient wages for their work.
I've heard rich people say to poor people this idea - "I let your daughter work here and because of me she has had enough money to go to college". What a farce! The rich person made money off the hours of the poor person. It is the rich person that should be grateful. Does anyone know how to make the rich person pay it back rather than by getting the govt to force the issue?
09-03-2021 02:09
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Where does the Treasury get the money to send to the relatively poor people? Does it borrow it from the fed?
Regardless, the money can be considered payback. Payback for what you say? Well, the relatively poor got cheated out of their worktime by rich people using laws made by rich people to take advantage and leverage the poor into giving up their time for meager wages. It's time they got paid back being forced to accept insufficient wages for their work.
I've heard rich people say to poor people this idea - "I let your daughter work here and because of me she has had enough money to go to college". What a farce! The rich person made money off the hours of the poor person. It is the rich person that should be grateful. Does anyone know how to make the rich person pay it back rather than by getting the govt to force the issue?

Treasury taxes relatively rich people, and borrows, to pay poor people, and their own salaries.

If you're a poor man, like Harvey working at a warehouse, you can't get the treasury to force the rich to pay you. Most warehouse worker wages probably probably aren't high enough so the worker owes any or much federal and state income taxes. So at least there's that.

If Harvey wanted to get the treasury to force rich people to pay him, only decent option I see available to pursue that avenue is joining the armed forces.

Edited on 09-03-2021 02:30
09-03-2021 02:21
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Isn't obtaining wealth, and financial independence a goal in life, for many? Most don't get filthy rich, but do obtain a comfortable life. You don't get there, through charity. People sell their time and labor, which is worth, just what an employer is willing to pay for it. You can work, to improve the quality of what your selling, to get employers, who are willing to pay more, for time and labor your are selling. A business, is not a charity. Most hope to earn more profit, than what the paid out in expenses. Most re-invest a portion of those profits, to improve and grow. Overly generous wages, cuts into profits. Most people want a stable job and income, over a high paying job, that might not last more than a year, before closing their doors. If you don't like the job, or compensation offered, there is nothing preventing an employee from looking for a better job, or starting their own business. Employees accept the terms of employment, and the compensation offered.
09-03-2021 02:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
There's definitely 2 sides to this discussion. Maybe the only fair solution is for both the employer and the employee to treat each other as they would wish to be treated themselves.
09-03-2021 02:42
(1643)
keepit wrote:
There's definitely 2 sides to this discussion. Maybe the only fair solution is for both the employer and the employee to treat each other as they would wish to be treated themselves.

Jesus take the wheel!

09-03-2021 02:44
(1643)
Or if you want to try your hand at stealing from rich people, check out

https://robinhood.com/us/en/

Stock trading for everyone!

09-03-2021 02:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:

LOL they are borrowing money from the chinks, have been for decades. Or tapping into hunter bidens personal crack profits
09-03-2021 03:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Re: printing dollars to pay off treasuries doesn't increase the number of dollars.
To those who have children, you know that if a young child sees a cookie (or something that they like) and that item is removed from their view (as in putting cash into a treasury bond) the young child thinks that the cookie doesn't exist any more. It's an analogy to money stored in treasury bonds. Hint: the money stored in the Treasury bond still exists, it is simply in storage and if the bond is paid off, that money in storage ceases to exist.

It's subtle but true.
Edited on 09-03-2021 03:10
09-03-2021 05:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14458)
keepit wrote:

Let's reword your post above for accuracy and clarity:

What keepit is actually saying:
Where does the Treasury get the money to do what it doesn't do with it? Does it borrow it from the fed?
Regardless, the money can be considered a cancellation of a liability. Which liability you ask? Well, undefined class A was cheated by undefined class B by adhering to the law and paying employees the wages to which they mutually agreed. It's time the employees were paid additional unearned wages for being offered voluntary employment.
I have an anecdote about unspecified members of undefined class A pointing out to completely unappreciative unspecified entitlement-mindset victim-culture members of undefined class B that "I let your daughter work here and because of me she has had enough money to go to college". What a farce! The undefined class A stayed afloat and was able to continue extending employment to unspecified members of undefined class B. It is undefined class A that should be grateful for creating jobs for undefined class B. Does anyone know how to confiscate wealth from undefined class A and redistribute it to members of undefined class B who did not earn it beside having the government do it by force?

This translation is much more understandable.

So keepit, what you are implying is that We the People should cede power to the government to arbitrarily decide who comprises class A and who comprises class B, so that the government can confiscate wealth from class A and redistribute it to class B ... and let me guess, you are in class B? Right now you are wondering how I knew this. Well, it's a gift. Don't be a fraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2021 05:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
Well, i thought it might be explanatory. Some people think that way so don't forget, there are two sides of every coin.
09-03-2021 06:18
(14458)
keepit wrote: Well, i thought it might be explanatory.

What does that mean?

keepit wrote: Some people think that way so don't forget, there are two sides of every coin.

What do you mean?

Are you gibbering, raving, speaking unclearly or simply not writing what you mean and not meaning what you write?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2021 06:57
(1643)
Rich people might just be dumber than poor people. Here is your indication.

Twitter founder and billionaire Jack Dorsey is selling his — and the world's — first tweet as a non-fungible token (or NFT), with the current highest bidder offering $2.5 million for the missive.

Dorsey launched the sale Friday, March 5th, tweeting out a link to the platform, Valuables. The site allows people to sell one-of-a-kind digital certificates of specific tweets, which are "autographed" and verified by the original sender. The current highest bidder for Dorsey's inaugural tweet — which reads simply, "just setting up my twttr" — is Bridge Oracle CEO Sina Estavi.

09-03-2021 07:57
(14458)
Spongy Iris wrote:Rich people might just be dumber than poor people.

"Poor kids are just as bright and as talented as white kids."- Joe Biden

09-03-2021 09:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
ibd,
Just trying to explain to you that when money is put into bonds it still exists. If you ever took a human development class you'd know that babies think something ceases to exist when they can't see it. That's you and bonds.

There are 2 sides to the employer/employee relationship and the wage bargaining that results.
Edited on 09-03-2021 09:57
09-03-2021 14:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Treasury taxes relatively rich people, and borrows, to pay poor people, and their own salaries.

If you're a poor man, like Harvey working at a warehouse, you can't get the treasury to force the rich to pay you. Most warehouse worker wages probably probably aren't high enough so the worker owes any or much federal and state income taxes. So at least there's that.

If Harvey wanted to get the treasury to force rich people to pay him, only decent option I see available to pursue that avenue is joining the armed forces.

One thing the media has never done is to break down taxes and income. It's basically how much federal tax is paid by consumers by income, businesses by income and stock profits by income.
When treasuries charged a higher fee than, lately it's been less than 1.0% was revenue which helped the federal government pay its bills. Federal Interest Rates went up before the Great Recession of 2008.
And after that, it has stayed very low while budget deficits are on the rise. It seems that at 6% that the budget deficit was acceptable. And that under Obama the budget deficit was decreasing and then under Trump it went up again.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/200410/surplus-or-deficit-of-the-us-governments-budget-since-2000/
What this doesn't show is that the trade deficit started increasing around 2002.
Attached image:

Edited on 09-03-2021 14:52
09-03-2021 15:52
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
There are 2 sides to the employer/employee relationship and the wage bargaining that results.

Wait....Now I'm confused...

What is this bargaining you speak of? I thought people were forced to work for low wages. Hang on, this will take some deep digging...

Here it is...

keepit wrote: It's time they got paid back being forced to accept insufficient wages for their work.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
09-03-2021 16:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

What is this bargaining you speak of? I thought people were forced to work for low wages. Hang on, this will take some deep digging...

Here it is...

keepit wrote: It's time they got paid back being forced to accept insufficient wages for their work.

When aren't you confused? The minimum wage hasn't increased since 2009.
This is telling, the average hourly wage adjusted for inflation. And with minimum wage being $7.25, that's not really enough to live on.
Attached image:

09-03-2021 16:46
(14458)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

I notice that there is a limit to one time per month that someone can win the Dead Parrot award but we are now in a different month so technically you are eligible again.

I'm going to nominate you again, but I think they have clamped down on the voting.

Anyway, you've got this one nailed.

Attached image:

09-03-2021 16:56
(14458)
keepit wrote:There are 2 sides to the employer/employee relationship and the wage bargaining that results.

There is only the price realization of the supply-demand curve.

In a negotiation for wages, the potential employee has the upper hand because he can always just refuse to work for any given employer. Employers, however, must convince employees to work there or else the employer will go out of business.

Only once the employee is satisfied with the conditions of the contract will the employee support the employer, and if at any time the employment becomes undesirable, the employee can simply leave. Employers have absolutely no power in the matter to force any employees to work. All they have are incentives.

09-03-2021 17:39
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

The minimum wage hasn't increased since 2009.
This is telling, the average hourly wage adjusted for inflation. And with minimum wage being $7.25, that's not really enough to live on.

I am currently trying to hire someone to paint apartments full time this summer. Trim, walls and ceiling are all one color. Even keepit could do this work. I'm offering 13 hr. If I fail to find someone at this rate soon, I will have to raise my offer.

If you are working for minimum wage, that is on you. Minimum wage is irrelevant.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
09-03-2021 17:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:There are 2 sides to the employer/employee relationship and the wage bargaining that results.

In a negotiation for wages, the potential employee has the upper hand because he can always just refuse to work for any given employer. Employers, however, must convince employees to work there or else the employer will go out of business.

Nailed it.

09-03-2021 17:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nailed it.

And in reality you'll hire a migrant worker for minimum wage. This allows more profit for you and that is the basis of capitalism.
09-03-2021 17:49
(14458)
James___ wrote:And in reality you'll hire a migrant worker for minimum wage.

Not to build a wall in my back yard I won't ... but I'll hire an undocumented bricklayer for minimum wage, sure. Why all this fuss over migrant farm workers? There are more than just farms.

James___ wrote:This allows more profit for you and that is the basis of capitalism.

... and so does peanut butter.

Who mistaught you the word "allow"?

09-03-2021 17:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nailed it.

And in reality you'll hire a migrant worker for minimum wage. This allows more profit for you and that is the basis of capitalism.

What's wrong with more profit? There is NOTHING stopping ANYONE from trying to take my contract. If you can do it better or cheaper, have at it. I'll go make money somewhere else.

There are no victims of capitalism.

Edited on 09-03-2021 18:20
09-03-2021 18:42
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Rich people might just be dumber than poor people.

"Poor kids are just as bright and as talented as white kids."- Joe Biden

THAT'S RACIST!!!!!!!

Oh wait, a Democrat said that?? .... *crickets chirping* ...

Never mind. Move along. Nothing to see here.
09-03-2021 18:45
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

Good catch! Obviously, keepit is talking out of his ass.
09-03-2021 19:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21645)
keepit wrote:

The Fed prints it anytime Congress wants another rubber check from the Fed.
keepit wrote:
Regardless, the money can be considered payback.

For what?
keepit wrote:
Payback for what you say? Well, the relatively poor got cheated out of their worktime by rich people using laws made by rich people to take advantage and leverage the poor into giving up their time for meager wages.

???? You were talking about government budgets, and NOW you are talking about 'the poor'??? No one has cheated 'the poor', except the government!
keepit wrote:
It's time they got paid back being forced to accept insufficient wages for their work.

It's time to dump the idea of forcing anyone to do anything.
keepit wrote:
I've heard rich people say to poor people this idea - "I let your daughter work here and because of me she has had enough money to go to college". What a farce!

She very might have. Many students put themselves through college by working.
keepit wrote:
The rich person made money off the hours of the poor person.

Students aren't necessarily poor. Bigotry. Yes, the business owner makes money. That seems to be a problem for you. If they don't make money, there is no business, twit. There is no way to hire ANYONE.
keepit wrote:
It is the rich person that should be grateful.

Most are.
keepit wrote:
Does anyone know how to make the rich person pay it back rather than by getting the govt to force the issue?

Forcing what issue? What is the issue? Why are you always trying to force people around?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-03-2021 20:02
(21645)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

The Fed also prints money for the treasury any time the treasury wants it.
Spongy Iris wrote:
If you're a poor man, like Harvey working at a warehouse, you can't get the treasury to force the rich to pay you.

If you are a poor man, you probably have only yourself to blame.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Most warehouse worker wages probably probably aren't high enough so the worker owes any or much federal and state income taxes. So at least there's that.

This may or may not be true. It depends on how much a warehouse worker is paid.
Spongy Iris wrote:

That doesn't cause the treasury to force 'rich people' to pay anyone.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-03-2021 20:02
(21645)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Isn't obtaining wealth, and financial independence a goal in life, for many? Most don't get filthy rich, but do obtain a comfortable life. You don't get there, through charity. People sell their time and labor, which is worth, just what an employer is willing to pay for it. You can work, to improve the quality of what your selling, to get employers, who are willing to pay more, for time and labor your are selling. A business, is not a charity. Most hope to earn more profit, than what the paid out in expenses. Most re-invest a portion of those profits, to improve and grow. Overly generous wages, cuts into profits. Most people want a stable job and income, over a high paying job, that might not last more than a year, before closing their doors. If you don't like the job, or compensation offered, there is nothing preventing an employee from looking for a better job, or starting their own business. Employees accept the terms of employment, and the compensation offered.

Bingo.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:04
(21645)
keepit wrote:

There is only one side to this discussion that works. Capitalism. It is the only way to create wealth...for everyone. It brings 'the poor' up.

Socialism is theft of wealth. It create 'the poor'.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:05
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Re: printing dollars to pay off treasuries doesn't increase the number of dollars.

Yes it does.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:07
(21645)
keepit wrote:
Well, i thought it might be explanatory. Some people think that way so don't forget, there are two sides of every coin.

Explanatory of what? Theft?
Sure. There are thieves in the world. Why do you support them?

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:09
(21645)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Just trying to explain to you that when money is put into bonds it still exists.

So?
keepit wrote:
If you ever took a human development class you'd know that babies think something ceases to exist when they can't see it. That's you and bonds.

No, that's YOU and bonds. Inversion fallacy.
keepit wrote:

So? Are you discovering price discovery?

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:09
(21645)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

I notice that there is a limit to one time per month that someone can win the Dead Parrot award but we are now in a different month so technically you are eligible again.

I'm going to nominate you again, but I think they have clamped down on the voting.

Approved.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 20:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
What's going to suck, after democrats push the $15/hr minimum wage, is that unions will all demand higher wages for longtime employees. Just wouldn't be right to pay a new heir employee more, than someone who's been there for 10 years. Of course union dues will need to be raised proportionally as well... Since $15/hr., is considered a 'living wage' (liberal term), these jobs would also require benefits, consistent to any other career choice.
09-03-2021 20:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

Approved.

ITN and Friends all in one bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ_wO0r16ww
09-03-2021 21:27
(14458)
keepit wrote: Hint: the money stored in the Treasury bond still exists,

There is no money stored in any bond.

Have you ever wondered whether or not you totally suck at accounting?

If the question ever occurs to you, just let me know. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

09-03-2021 21:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

If the question ever occurs to you, just let me know. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

Technically speaking, the holder of the bond is storing money. If they put that bond in a container, then it's a convenient way of storing money that collects interest.

p.s., could you please stop parroting the parrot?
09-03-2021 23:28
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Here it is...

Approved.

I support this notion as well.
09-03-2021 23:30
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

Speaking from my job experience in the accounting profession, keepit sucks at accounting.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Treasury:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact