Remember me
▼ Content

Today's Yahoo Headlines

Page 2 of 2<12
20-03-2021 10:14
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I've got a strong feeling that before Fall, there will be new vaccines, and everyone will be encouraged to get vaccinated all over again. I'm pretty sure, that they already know some of the variants are resistant to the current vaccines. Even with most of the highest risk population vaccinated, they won't budge on masks and guidelines, isolation. Too many conflicting claims.

The Astra-Zeneca vaccine was suspended in several countries, do to blood clots. I'm doubting it was just a few cases either, or a decision made lightly. Some have decided to go ahead and use it anyway. Benefit, outweighs the risk... Or maybe they just figured out how to shift responsibility.

For a fast spreading virus, it's taken over a year, to spread through 10% of the population. That really doesn't show a very high likelihood of getting infected. We've had pandemics in the past, lots of people died, usually in part to being in poor health to begin with. Covid isn't killing very many people in the 'healthy' category. I figure on continuing to ignore the hype and hysteria, best I can, and let nature handle it. Confident that I'll survive an infection, just as I have many times in the past.
20-03-2021 23:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
"Reprinted" from The Telegraph;

When French diver Henri Cosquer stumbled upon the world's only prehistoric cave paintings reached from under the sea in 1991 off Marseille, some Parisian experts laughed off his claims of caveman penguin art as Provence hyperbole.

Those claims turned out to be entirely true and saw the Cosquer Cave - whose entrance lies 37 metres (120ft) under the waves - hailed France's "undersea Lascaux".
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-discovered-worlds-only-prehistoric-170923922.html

With some of you guys, you won't really care because Trump lost.

Isn't that all that really matters? To some, it is.
20-03-2021 23:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21649)
James___ wrote:

When French diver Henri Cosquer stumbled upon the world's only prehistoric cave paintings reached from under the sea in 1991 off Marseille, some Parisian experts laughed off his claims of caveman penguin art as Provence hyperbole.

Those claims turned out to be entirely true and saw the Cosquer Cave - whose entrance lies 37 metres (120ft) under the waves - hailed France's "undersea Lascaux".
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-discovered-worlds-only-prehistoric-170923922.html

Lost what?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-03-2021 02:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Lost what?

You're right, he couldn't lose what he never really had.

At the same time, the cave entrance is at a depth of 120 feet. Doubt anyone without modern diving gear could make the dive and light a fire to see in there. Helps to support there the science that says was an ice age and sea levels were much lower.
22-03-2021 15:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
No Yahoo or Google headlines today, but I got a couple of "headlines" from The Conservative Treehouse:

[1] Complete Foreign Policy Disaster in Alaska During U.S-China Summit – Secretary Blinkin Destroyed by His own Arrogance, Had to Recall Journalists to Hear Talking Points After Initial Public Statements

[2] Joe Biden Falls Three Times Attempting to Board Air-Force One

There was only one headline of any relevance ... Biden is back to calling Kamala "President" signalling that the DNC's order for Joe to hit the showers is either imminent or is soon to be announced.

So how much longer will it be before Joe is instructed to resign?

Until his usefulness as an expendable puppet expires.
22-03-2021 15:25
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I think Biden's time is short. They are going to hang on to him, so he can leave in shame, and blame, for all the crap that fails. [... ... ...]

Democrats will keep Biden going, until they need a scapegoat.

Bingo.
22-03-2021 15:47
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
We have had a few people react badly to the vaccinations here but apparently thats normal in the numbers game.I will not be getting vaccinated by anyone.

I believe you (as we've had plenty of such cases here in the former USA). People have been experiencing a number of issues, including: allergic reactions, fatigue, neurological issues, bell's palsy, auto-immune issues, anaphylactic shock, and even death.

I, likewise, will not be receiving this jab. It is not akin to a flu shot, and there are numerous safety concerns with it.
22-03-2021 16:00
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I've got a strong feeling that before Fall, there will be new vaccines, and everyone will be encouraged to get vaccinated all over again. I'm pretty sure, that they already know some of the variants are resistant to the current vaccines. Even with most of the highest risk population vaccinated, they won't budge on masks and guidelines, isolation. Too many conflicting claims.

The Astra-Zeneca vaccine was suspended in several countries, do to blood clots. I'm doubting it was just a few cases either, or a decision made lightly. Some have decided to go ahead and use it anyway. Benefit, outweighs the risk... Or maybe they just figured out how to shift responsibility.

For a fast spreading virus, it's taken over a year, to spread through 10% of the population. That really doesn't show a very high likelihood of getting infected. We've had pandemics in the past, lots of people died, usually in part to being in poor health to begin with. Covid isn't killing very many people in the 'healthy' category. I figure on continuing to ignore the hype and hysteria, best I can, and let nature handle it. Confident that I'll survive an infection, just as I have many times in the past.

I suspect that we will see many more deaths pop up as a result of these covid jabs as well as our overall stupidity in "fighting the war on covid". Those deaths will then get attributed to a "super virus" "covid variant" (instead of towards the covid jabs and our stupid "war on covid"). The "existence" of this "super virus" will then get blamed on those who didn't religiously wear their masks, socially distance themselves from others, and/or receive the covid jab... in other words, it will be blamed on "those damn backwoods Trumper anti-science anti-masking anti-vaxxers".
22-03-2021 16:02
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Lost what?

I think he's under the false impression that an election occurred...? Or maybe it's just more James babble...
22-03-2021 18:37
(5197)
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I suspect that we will see many more deaths pop up as a result of these covid jabs as well as our overall stupidity in "fighting the war on covid". Those deaths will then get attributed to a "super virus" "covid variant" (instead of towards the covid jabs and our stupid "war on covid"). The "existence" of this "super virus" will then get blamed on those who didn't religiously wear their masks, socially distance themselves from others, and/or receive the covid jab... in other words, it will be blamed on "those damn backwoods Trumper anti-science anti-masking anti-vaxxers".

Democrats have a new vaccine catch-phrase, 'benefits, outweigh the risk'. I started noticing it Friday, and pretty much every news story, has had that phrase since. Seems like they are acknowledging that their is significant risk. There is a federal program, the compensates victims, but apparently not many people qualify, and it's not much of a payout either. It's a federal vaccine, and free, so no actual legal recourse. There has always been some risk, for any medicine, or medical procedure. The covid vaccines were a rush-job. I do believe they a reasonably safe, least as far as any other medicine, but experimental, and we'll have to wait to see how it goes. Really doubtful, that it's going to control the pandemic at all. Those fully vaccinated, still need to wear masks?
22-03-2021 20:37
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Democrats have a new vaccine catch-phrase, 'benefits, outweigh the risk'. I started noticing it Friday, and pretty much every news story, has had that phrase since. Seems like they are acknowledging that their is significant risk. There is a federal program, the compensates victims, but apparently not many people qualify, and it's not much of a payout either. It's a federal vaccine, and free, so no actual legal recourse. There has always been some risk, for any medicine, or medical procedure. The covid vaccines were a rush-job. I do believe they a reasonably safe, least as far as any other medicine, but experimental, and we'll have to wait to see how it goes. Really doubtful, that it's going to control the pandemic at all. Those fully vaccinated, still need to wear masks?

If that's indeed a catch phrase that they are now throwing around (I haven't personally heard it yet, but then again I purposely avoid as much of their blather as I possibly can), then that's very interesting that they're acknowledging that any sort of risk exists, since they typically take a denial or a redefinition route, like they did with their "facts, not fear" catch phrase, acting as if their fear mongering about covid somehow isn't actually fear mongering, but rather "facts".

The fact that these twits still want people to wear masks afterwards tells me that these "vaccines" aren't actually all that they are hyped up to be... This is the way that I see it:

BEFORE RECEIVING THE MAGICK JAB:
*** wear your mask.
*** socially distance.
*** don't gather in large crowds.
*** "non-essential" businesses must be closed or operating at a limited capacity.
*** live life in a constant state of fear.

AFTER RECEIVING THE MAGICK JAB:
*** wear your mask.
*** socially distance.
*** don't gather in large crowds.
*** "non-essential" businesses must be closed or operating at a limited capacity.
*** live life in a constant state of fear.

So, what exactly is one gaining from receiving this jab?
Edited on 22-03-2021 20:39
22-03-2021 22:26
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
A level of increased immunity and a level of herd immunity.
22-03-2021 22:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14463)
keepit wrote: A level of increased immunity and a level of herd immunity.

Wrong again.

Herd immunity comes about from a population spreading a particular virus and subsequently becoming immune to it. It is the result of no vaccines and no lockdown. The government has, by design, done everything possible to prevent the acquisition of herd immunity while hyping fear and panic of COVID through morons like you.

You treated COVID like it was a guaranteed death sentence ... until the DNC pulled a coup and installed Biden, at which point you suddenly felt safe that the omnipotent government would save you with its heavenly grace.

Lockdowns and vaccines thwart herd immunity.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-03-2021 23:34
(3314)
keepit wrote:

You can refer to IBD's response... He did a really good job.

I'll just reiterate that herd immunity results from a population spreading a virus around. Once the virus has spread around throughout most of the population, it runs out of population members to infect (as they are immune to it). This process does NOT involve ANY lockdowns or vaccines.

I remember just a short while back, pre-covid, when the WHO defined 'herd immunity' much like IBD just got done describing it. However, that was pre-covid... Nowadays, the WHO has redefined 'herd immunity' to refer to "enough" of the population becoming vaccinated. That little tidbit right there should tip off anybody who is capable of thinking for themselves as to what's really going on here...

From the standpoint of an average citizen such as myself, there is absolutely NO reason to be:
** wearing a mask,
** socially distancing from others,
** avoiding physical contact with others,
** avoiding gathering with others,
** continuously disinfecting everything around oneself,
** continuously using hand sanitizer throughout the day,
** continuously washing hands throughout the day,
** staying home rather than going out,
** staying inside rather than getting sunlight,
** plastic wrapping commonly touched items,
** installing plastic barriers at grocery store checkouts (and etc),
** shutting down "non-essential" businesses,
** telling "non-essential" businesses that they can only operate at __% capacity (and other rules),
** living life in fear of the mildest SARS variant.

Free yourself from your prison of your own making, dude...
22-03-2021 23:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
What a LOAD OF ----
23-03-2021 00:43
(14463)
keepit wrote: What a LOAD OF ----

What a load of keepit.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
23-03-2021 01:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21649)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: A level of increased immunity and a level of herd immunity.

Wrong again.

Herd immunity comes about from a population spreading a particular virus and subsequently becoming immune to it. It is the result of no vaccines and no lockdown. The government has, by design, done everything possible to prevent the acquisition of herd immunity while hyping fear and panic of COVID through morons like you.

You treated COVID like it was a guaranteed death sentence ... until the DNC pulled a coup and installed Biden, at which point you suddenly felt safe that the omnipotent government would save you with its heavenly grace.

Lockdowns and vaccines thwart herd immunity.

Bingo.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-03-2021 03:01
(5197)
keepit wrote:

More like herd compliance, and increased nanny-state...

New infections (tested positive), will drop sharply, proportionally, with the number of people vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, there is no real reason to get 'nose-raped' tested, unless you enjoy it. Only people compelled, by employers, or some other means, will subject themselves. The same people voluntarily getting vaccinated, are the same people that lined up to get nose-raped. But, of course, I don't know the thought process of mindless sheep, in a nanny-state herd.

Wonder how much of the next 'covid relief' bill will be dedicated to asylum seeking immigrants and 'dreamers' (unaccompanied minors). 100s of thousand new democrat voters crossing the border every month, is going to screw up the herd, and need a place to 'squat'. There will have to be a generous incentive, to get 'sponsors' to take in 6-10 'migrants', each...
23-03-2021 06:47
(14463)
Today's "What Was Omitted From the" Yahoo! headlines:

1. The Headline: "Sad day for Boulder': Gunman kills 10 at Colorado supermarket, including police officer, in second US mass shooting in a week"
The Excerpt that SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Headline: "I hope this tragedy... will help change laws, gun laws in particular, and we can all work together to make a better, more peaceful world for our children "

2. The Headline: "White House says migrant situation 'not a crisis' as Biden's border czar Roberta Jacobson heads to Mexico"
The Excerpt that SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Headline: "Children, presenting at our border, who are fleeing violence, who are fleeing prosecution, who are fleeing terrible situations is not a crisis," Psaki said. "We feel that it is our responsibility to humanely approach this circumstance, and make sure they are treated and put in conditions that are safe."

3. The Headline: South Dakota governor aims to block trans athletes from women's sports nationwide
The Excerpt that SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Headline:Transgender advocates criticized Noem for keeping alive legislation they deem unnecessary, unconstitutional and based on outdated stereotypes, as only a handful of transgender athletes have achieved high levels of success in sports.

4. For gfm7175
The Headline: Assaulting the Truth, Ron Johnson Helps Erode Confidence in Government
The Excerpt that SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Headline: BROOKFIELD, Wis. — Sen. Ron Johnson incited widespread outrage when he said recently that he would have been more afraid of the rioters who rampaged the Capitol on Jan. 6 had they been members of Black Lives Matter and antifa.

But his revealing and incendiary comment, which quickly prompted accusations of racism, came as no surprise to those who have followed Johnson's career in Washington or back home in Wisconsin. He has become the Republican Party's foremost amplifier of conspiracy theories and disinformation now that Donald Trump is banned from social media and largely avoiding appearances on cable television.

Johnson is an all-access purveyor of misinformation on serious issues such as the pandemic and the legitimacy of American democracy, as well as invoking the etymology of Greenland as a way to downplay the effects of climate change."

It's getting bad. Four is enough.

Edited on 23-03-2021 06:47
23-03-2021 16:59
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Today's "What Was Omitted From the" Yahoo! headlines:

4. For gfm7175
The Headline: Assaulting the Truth, Ron Johnson Helps Erode Confidence in Government
The Excerpt that SHOULD HAVE BEEN the Headline: BROOKFIELD, Wis. — Sen. Ron Johnson incited widespread outrage when he said recently that he would have been more afraid of the rioters who rampaged the Capitol on Jan. 6 had they been members of Black Lives Matter and antifa.

But his revealing and incendiary comment, which quickly prompted accusations of racism, came as no surprise to those who have followed Johnson's career in Washington or back home in Wisconsin. He has become the Republican Party's foremost amplifier of conspiracy theories and disinformation now that Donald Trump is banned from social media and largely avoiding appearances on cable television.

Johnson is an all-access purveyor of misinformation on serious issues such as the pandemic and the legitimacy of American democracy, as well as invoking the etymology of Greenland as a way to downplay the effects of climate change."

It's getting bad. Four is enough.

WOW........... Yeah, that's bad... I'll see what's on Google in a second...

We have a couple of important races coming up next year... Ron Johnson hasn't determined whether or not he's going to run for re-election. I'd hate to see one of our loony Madison liberals steal (likely in a literal sense) his seat. We already have one loony Madison liberal Senator (Tammy Baldwin) who just votes with the Dems every single time and obsessively talks about her gayness and her dead grandmother, as if anyone gives any sort of a rat's ass about either topic. If Ron doesn't run in 2022, then I'd like to see a MAGA candidate run for Senate, as I am DONE voting for any sort of RINO candidate (not only because I'm done being a "battered conservative", but also because our Statewide elections since at least 2018 have faulted, and if I am going to bother wasting my time casting a vote in an election that will likely fault, it will not be for any RINO candidate).

The other interesting race, and the most vital race in my mind, is for Governor. It is currently unknown whether or not Evers will run for re-election. My fear is that a RINO rather than a MAGA candidate will get the nod to run against whatever loony Madison liberal the Dems end up choosing. I am not happy about the RINO names being thrown around at the moment... Hopefully some MAGA names will start popping up.
23-03-2021 17:20
(3314)
GOOGLE headlines:

[1] Live Updates: Police give update on deadly mass shooting at Boulder, Colorado, supermarket.

[2] One dead, firefighter missing after fire tears through assisted-living facility in N.Y.

[3] 2 mass shooting in a week draw attention to Senate gun violence hearing.

[4] Evanston, Illinois first in US to pay reparations to Black residents.

Yeahhhhhhhh, I think I'm done after four as well...
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Today's Yahoo Headlines:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
When did carbon dioxide appear in the headlines?505-03-2019 03:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact