Remember me
▼ Content

Spongy Iris

Spongy Iris01-10-2020 07:07
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
I am absolutely stunned by some of the things said by Spongy Iris today. I thought we could keep a collection in a special thread I have started here.

Spongy Iris wrote:
Seems to me this is another indication that the summers are getting hotter in the Arctic. More evaporation. Causes cooling.

Spongy Iris wrote:
I didn't ask if the satellite data was manipulated....I asked if it was a lie.

Spongy Iris wrote:
If people are giving their skills to the production or maintenance of an economy, why don't they have the freedom to take what they need in return, for themselves and their families, without the medium of money?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-10-2020 07:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I am absolutely stunned by some of the things said by Spongy Iris today. I thought we could keep a collection in a special thread I have started here.

Spongy Iris wrote:
Seems to me this is another indication that the summers are getting hotter in the Arctic. More evaporation. Causes cooling.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:
If people are giving their skills to the production or maintenance of an economy, why don't they have the freedom to take what they need in return, for themselves and their families, without the medium of money?

As an option I have created a thread on Politiplex to centrally store Spongy Iris quotes ... https://politiplex.freeforums.net/post/338/thread so you can use this thread and others to discuss the profundity of the quotes themselves.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 01-10-2020 07:34
01-10-2020 10:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I suspect Keepit and Spongy Iris are female and live together in a blissfull romance.As an overweight 60 year old plumber I am jealous
01-10-2020 16:53
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

As an option I have created a thread on Politiplex to centrally store Spongy Iris quotes ... https://politiplex.freeforums.net/post/338/thread so you can use this thread and others to discuss the profundity of the quotes themselves.

Thanks! I checked it out. Still can't believe some of those statements!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
02-10-2020 04:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
GasGuzzler wrote:Thanks! I checked it out. Still can't believe some of those statements!

So, as long as you brought it up, let's look at this one:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Does this suggest to you that Spongy Iris believes that it's perfectly OK to manipulate data as one pleases? Does this suggest to you that Spongy Iris doesn't understand that publishing altered data is DISHONEST?

He clearly believes that manipulated data might somehow not be lying.

How does one get through to someone like him?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-10-2020 06:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Thanks! I checked it out. Still can't believe some of those statements!

So, as long as you brought it up, let's look at this one:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Does this suggest to you that Spongy Iris believes that it's perfectly OK to manipulate data as one pleases? Does this suggest to you that Spongy Iris doesn't understand that publishing altered data is DISHONEST?

He clearly believes that manipulated data might somehow not be lying.

How does one get through to someone like him?

I haven't got much education under my belt. Why is this so simple to me?

Once manipulated, it is no longer data! Therefore any use of the remaining random numbers is dishonest at best.

Funny you ask about getting through to him...

That was one of the original reasons I got on here. Not only did I want to learn about "global warming", I also wanted to try and figure out what goes on inside of a leftists head. Why would a science issue be a party line issue? What is their thought process?

After 4 years, here is all I've come up with...

It seems to be they just don't have as many thoughts as you might think.

02-10-2020 17:11
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
So far the manipulations of the satellite data have been said to be:

1. It is a composite video, not raw satellite imagery.

2. It only shows the melting season, but not the freezing season.

Are these lies???

One could make the case, this is just editing out information that

1. Makes the images very difficult to see

2. Is irrelevant
02-10-2020 19:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Spongy Iris wrote:
So far the manipulations of the satellite data have been said to be:

1. It is a composite video, not raw satellite imagery.

2. It only shows the melting season, but not the freezing season.

Are these lies???

One could make the case, this is just editing out information that

1. Makes the images very difficult to see

2. Is irrelevant

The video you are using is a lie. It does not show the winter ice extent except at the beginning. The date of each frame in the video is not at the same time each year. It irrelevant. It is random numbers.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 02-10-2020 19:48
03-10-2020 02:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I trust the Canadian coast guard that give up to date warnings on the positions of sea ice.That is gathered by sea plane/ships and information supplied by mariners.Or do we trust a computer model that is photos from 9000-15000 km in space and then some genius makes a video that shows what they need to continue funding.If it is not affecting fauna and affecting sea level even if it is all melting so what
03-10-2020 06:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:
I trust the Canadian coast guard that give up to date warnings on the positions of sea ice.That is gathered by sea plane/ships and information supplied by mariners.Or do we trust a computer model that is photos from 9000-15000 km in space and then some genius makes a video that shows what they need to continue funding.If it is not affecting fauna and affecting sea level even if it is all melting so what

They want boats to trust the computer models. Ever ship that sinks, is a little less man-made CO2 polluting the atmosphere. Rescue efforts are extremely risky in bad ice conditions, maybe the get luck and take out another boat or two, even a helicopter...

Join the debate Spongy Iris:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact