Remember me
▼ Content

sources of medical advice

sources of medical advice08-11-2021 22:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
There are several sources of medical advice. The FDA is one. They work very hard at that. Legitimate doctors can usually be relied upon but not always. Google is a good source of medical science explanations but as far as i know google doesn't actually give medical advice. I hope not anyway.
Note: politicians aren't generally a good source of medical advice, neither are news media announcers generally speaking, neither are athletes generally. However, anyone can be right about a single issue but don't count on an unqualified person to be able to give ongoing medical advice.
Edited on 08-11-2021 22:56
08-11-2021 22:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
There are several sources of medical advice. The FDA is one. They work very hard at that. Legitimate doctors can usually be relied upon but not always. Google is a good source of medical science explanations but as far as i know google doesn't actually give medical advice. I hope not anyway.

Almost half (I know you love that word) of all FDA funding comes directly from the companies it regulates. That's reason enough for me not to put much faith in them.

Until all human bodies are created the same, I'll trust my doctor who can talk with me and look at all variables and work out the best treatment option for me.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
08-11-2021 22:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
That sounds like a healthy skepticism Gas but don't be overly skeptical.
08-11-2021 23:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
keepit wrote:There are several sources of medical advice. The FDA is one.

Nope. The FDA is a purveyor of product information and nothing more. The FDA is not licensed to dispense medical advice.

Question: How many patients has the FDA treated thus far in November?
Answer: None. The FDA is not a doctor, is not a medical organization and is not a hospital or clinic. The FDA cannot write prescriptions.

keepit, your comment was stupid.

keepit wrote: Legitimate doctors can usually be relied upon but not always.

What kind of moron steers people away from the medical advice of their doctors towards the political rhetoric of the FDA instead?

Oh, that's right. keepit is that kind of moron.

Question: From what medical school did the FDA graduate?
Answer: None. The FDA is not a doctor, is not a medical organization and is not a hospital or clinic. The FDA cannot write prescriptions.

keepit wrote: Google is a good source of medical science explanations but as far as i know google doesn't actually give medical advice.

Google doesn't provide anything medical, not even explanations of medical science. Google is a search engine.

Question: How many medical science models has Google explained thus far in November?
Answer: None. Google is a search engine. It cannot explain any science models.

keepit wrote:Note: politicians aren't generally a good source of medical advice,

What about the political appointees running the FDA? You believe they are a good source of medical advice, right? ... because you are a moron, right?

keepit wrote: but don't count on an unqualified government bureaucracy to be able to give ongoing medical advice.

So is the FDA the supreme medical guru or not?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-11-2021 23:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
You sound like you got yourself confused.
08-11-2021 23:29
(14414)
keepit wrote:ibd, You sound like you got yourself confused.

keepit, you sound like an idiot. You also write like an idiot. You probably smell like an idiot as well but thankfully such odors cannot traverse the internet.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-11-2021 23:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Note: politicians aren't generally a good source of medical advice, neither are news media announcers generally speaking, neither are athletes generally. However, anyone can be right about a single issue but don't count on an unqualified person to be able to give ongoing medical advice.

The FDA doesn't provide legitimate medical advice. The review the safety and use studies submitted to them. They don't run their own independent studies. The study information, comes solely from those seeking a 'gold star' approval for the product they hope to sell. Search sometime for approved drugs recalled and removed from the market. Class action lawsuits... You'd accept medical advice, from an agency that approved of these drugs? Gets better... They know a lot of the drugs they give approval, are dangerous, deadly, and cause serious side effects. Long as the company lists them on the package, it's all good to use... Read the fine print, before you pop that next pill.
09-11-2021 00:15
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Think with your own head. There is not a miracle cure for illnesses. Stay away from the jabs( all of them, not only the corona jab). Do not overeat and stay fit. Your body is your healer. There is no magic pill which make you healthy.
I also find it quite funny when people turn to psyhologist to find out what is wrong with them. You have all the answers inside you. You know what kind of person you are and what causes all your problems.
09-11-2021 00:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
calm down ibd, you're going to pop a rivet.
Edited on 09-11-2021 00:33
09-11-2021 01:02
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
There are several sources of medical advice.

Indeed there are.

keepit wrote:
The FDA is one.

Indeed they are.

keepit wrote:
They work very hard at that.

... at being a source?? ... at medically advising people??

keepit wrote:
Legitimate doctors can usually be relied upon but not always.

Who do you consider to be "legitimate doctors"? Relied upon to do what, exactly?

keepit wrote:
Google is a good source of medical science explanations but as far as i know google doesn't actually give medical advice. I hope not anyway.

Google is a search engine. Google is also a company. Google is not science.

keepit wrote:
Note: politicians aren't generally a good source of medical advice, neither are news media announcers generally speaking, neither are athletes generally.

Depends. Some people know what they are talking about, while others don't.

keepit wrote:
However, anyone can be right about a single issue

Correct... even you!!! Maybe that C clamp on your head is loosening a bit??

keepit wrote:
but don't count on an unqualified person to be able to give ongoing medical advice.

Define "qualified". Is that having a degree? Having experience? Being well studied on the subject matter?
09-11-2021 01:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Sure, an m.d. degree, having experience, being well studied on the subject matter. All good evidence there might be good advice.
It doesn't help to have a problem believing legitimate authorities. Politics shouldn't enter into medical issues.
09-11-2021 01:16
(14414)
keepit wrote:calm down ibd, you can use my C-clamp when I'm done with it.

Relax, I don't need your C-clamp. I just want to actually use the bandwidth you are wasting.

09-11-2021 01:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
keepit wrote:
There are several sources of medical advice. The FDA is one.

The FDA is a government agency. It does not give medical advice.
keepit wrote:
They work very hard at that.

They do not give medical advice.
keepit wrote:
Legitimate doctors can usually be relied upon but not always.

Define 'legitimate'.
keepit wrote:
Google is a good source of medical science explanations but as far as i know google doesn't actually give medical advice. I hope not anyway.

Google is not a source of anything. It is a search engine.
keepit wrote:

Like you?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-11-2021 01:59
(21599)
keepit wrote:
That sounds like a healthy skepticism Gas but don't be overly skeptical.

There is nothing wrong with skeptical.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-11-2021 02:00
(21599)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You sound like you got yourself confused.

No, that would be YOU. Inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2021 02:01
(21599)
Xadoman wrote:
Think with your own head. There is not a miracle cure for illnesses. Stay away from the jabs( all of them, not only the corona jab). Do not overeat and stay fit. Your body is your healer. There is no magic pill which make you healthy.
I also find it quite funny when people turn to psyhologist to find out what is wrong with them. You have all the answers inside you. You know what kind of person you are and what causes all your problems.

There is a miracle cure for illnesses. It's called the immune system.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2021 02:02
(21599)
keepit wrote:
calm down ibd, you're going to pop a rivet.

He doesn't have rivets. The only ones I have are in a drawer.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2021 02:04
(21599)
keepit wrote:
Sure, an m.d. degree, having experience, being well studied on the subject matter. All good evidence there might be good advice.
It doesn't help to have a problem believing legitimate authorities. Politics shouldn't enter into medical issues.

So don't be skeptical. Just accept whatever some government stooge tells you.
Define 'legitimate authorities'.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2021 08:15
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

You do realize that 'experts' like Dr. Fauci, and 'legitimate' authorities, are bureaucrats, and haven't done actual work in their field of study, in decades. They are advised by underlings, who read studies handed to them, that might be relevant. Usually by people wanting funding or some special consideration. Useful, in many ways, but not always the best medical advise.
09-11-2021 17:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Harvey,
What is a better source on covid than Dr. Gottlieb? Hannity, kudlow, newsmax?
Edited on 09-11-2021 17:54
09-11-2021 18:06
(14414)
keepit wrote:Harvey,What is a better source on covid than Dr. Gottlieb? Hannity, kudlow, newsmax?

The best source of information, bar none, is experience, i.e. a lifetime of experience with past flu seasons. We never needed facemasks before, even for substantially more aggressive flu seasons. Humanity always survived, and always without even missing a beat. It was always business as usual. Now we have the experience of having totally screwed our economy and our lives unnecessarily, just because we decided to be keepits and rush to usher in tyranny. Now we have mandatory, government-ordered medical experiments and gestapo mandates requiring that we "show our papers" as proof that we underwent the government-ordered medical experiment of the week.

Once again, the best source is our experience, tried and true. The worst source, bar none, are people manipulating press releases. No wait, the worst source is you, keepit. You are a total moron who always gets everything wrong.

... and you lie impulsively.

09-11-2021 19:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
You're overly concerned with me personally. Be more concerned with the ideas i talk about.
09-11-2021 19:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You're overly concerned with me personally. Be more concerned with the ideas i talk about.

He directly and adequately answered your question. What more are you looking for?

If the C clamp wasn't so tight on your head, you would have realized that.
09-11-2021 19:57
(21599)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

You do realize that 'experts' like Dr. Fauci, and 'legitimate' authorities, are bureaucrats, and haven't done actual work in their field of study, in decades. They are advised by underlings, who read studies handed to them, that might be relevant. Usually by people wanting funding or some special consideration. Useful, in many ways, but not always the best medical advise.

Fauci in particular has gone completely bonkers.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2021 19:58
(21599)
keepit wrote:
ibd,

He IS talking about your wacky ideas.

The Parrot Killer

10-11-2021 02:27
(14414)
keepit wrote:ibd,You sound like you got yourself confused.

keepit wrote: calm down ibd, you're going to pop a rivet.

keepit wrote: ibd,You're overly concerned with me personally. Be more concerned with the ideas i talk about.

Hmmmm.

10-11-2021 03:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
Maybe you ought to sit down and read the posts you've made to me. I think you'd understand better.
10-11-2021 05:14
(14414)
keepit wrote:ibd,Maybe you ought to sit down and read the posts you've made to me. I think you'd understand better.

Great. I now have keepit believing he can explain to me how to better understand something.

keepit, how about I not waste anymore of my life re-reading any posts that contain your gibberish?

I have a better idea. You reread my posts and you give it your best shot at trying to understand something ... anything ... that I wrote. Take your time. Take all the time you need.

10-11-2021 05:47
(21599)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Maybe you ought to sit down and read the posts you've made to me. I think you'd understand better.

You actually think IBD doesn't know what he wrote????!?

You've lost it, dude. That C clamp is really on tight!

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate sources of medical advice:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Illegal Chinese-linked biolab filled with mice, medical waste discovered in California002-08-2023 01:57
New Jersey Lt. Gov. Sheila Oliver dies unexpectedly after undisclosed medical issue101-08-2023 23:05
Co2A (Co2 Atmosphere) = SUM(SOURCES)-SUM(SINKS)913-02-2020 18:05
Ocean heat sources419-04-2019 23:21
Reversing Climate Change with Renewable Energy Sources4610-01-2017 04:31
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact