Remember me
▼ Content

patient 1, patient 2

patient 1, patient 213-06-2020 21:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Patient 1 is healthy and leads a sedentary life.
Patient 2 has 50% functioning kidneys and high blood pressure making his heart work very hard just to be sedentary.
Covid19 comes along and takes an equal bite out of each of their kidney function and cardiac function.
Afterwards patient 1 has 50% function of his kidneys and 50% function of his heart but he can do quite well in his sedentary lifestyle. Maybe he doesn't even know he had Covid19.
Patient 2 's kidneys fail and his heart can't take the strain and he dies when his heart fails.

What is his cause of death? He would have been able to continue to live his sedentary lifestyle for quite a while if he hadn't contracted Covid19.
13-06-2020 21:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
keepit wrote:
Patient 1 is healthy and leads a sedentary life.
Patient 2 has 50% functioning kidneys and high blood pressure making his heart work very hard just to be sedentary.
Covid19 comes along and takes an equal bite out of each of their kidney function and cardiac function.

Dismissed. COVID-19 doesn't do that. COVID-19 is a mild flu. If you get it, chances are you won't even know it, i.e. you'll think you just have some allergies, you'll use a box of Kleenex, maybe take some tylenol and then you're fine again. You might not even take time off from work.

So, just to make sure we are on the same page, if someone with kidney problems catches a mild flu and then recovers from the flu, and then dies from kidney failure, you are just fine with labelling that a "COVID-19 death."

Got it. You are a moron. Step 1 and Step 2 complete.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-06-2020 22:16
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I told you IBD. I checked with Wikipedia. They don't consider me a moron. They keep lists of these things. Sorry to rile you up.
13-06-2020 22:43
(14414)
keepit wrote: I told you IBD. I checked with Wikipedia. They don't consider me a moron.

This is why you should perform this research on Climate-Debate. You can find lots of good information on how you are. You've said some REALLY stupid things and you double-down on stupid at the drop of a hat.

Wikipedia doesn't have any of that.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-06-2020 23:24
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD,
You misinterpreted my question.
Try this - substitute lung disease and coronary artery inflammation for the kidney disease and hypertension. Then try to answer. It's a question of logic, not about specific problems.
13-06-2020 23:51
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Have you ever considered the function of a virus? It needs a living, functioning host, to reproduce, and spread. Every living thing wants to survive, and reproduce (except, maybe a couple people on this forum). It's not in the best interest for the virus to kill it's host, or even cripple it. Of the host dies, or is unable to spread the virus, the stain dies.

Getting an infection really sucks, and we want it to be over quickly. Our immune system kicks in, and does a variety of things, to create a hostile environment for the infection. They symptoms we feel, while infected, aren't the virus changing our metabolism to better suit it's needs. Our immune system raises our internal temperature (fever), as infections are less tolerant. We cough, sneeze, sweat, puke to expel some of the infection, and dead crap that accumulates during the battle. It also reduce the moisture, content, which viruses need. Unfortunately, some of these immune responses are rough on healthy cells too. Infected cells (those reproducing the virus), are slight weaker, but not a lot. The immune system wants to make it difficult for the infection to reproduce, and get it out of the body. Healthy cells will reproduce and replace damaged cells (healing) normally, afterward. Antibodies help, because the immune system remembers past infections, and can send in a more target defense, rather than do a whole body thing. Lot of people getting vaccinated, feel ill for a day or two, because they don't have the antibodies yet, but the immune system does identify an infection, and starts fighting it. For most people, the response is mild, since the vaccine doesn't replicate or spread (unless they hit a blood vessel).
14-06-2020 00:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
You misinterpreted my question.
Try this - substitute lung disease and coronary artery inflammation for the kidney disease and hypertension. Then try to answer. It's a question of logic, not about specific problems.

You deny logic. You are making a goalpost fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-06-2020 03:53
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Patient 2 's kidneys fail ....
Good example. I have a friend whose closest friend has severe life threatening asthma normally so is literally locked away from the world for like a year at least. He just in his 40s. Another friend of mine just recovered from cancer and has a very weak immune system, same story, she's in her 30s.
14-06-2020 04:25
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
When I renewed my medication a short while ago I asked the chemist his opinion and he instantly answered with its a virulent flu that is extremely contagious.Face masks help.Isolation helps and some healthy young people have died so it is not a joke or a hoax.I am happy to share a brand new experience.Agreeing with Keepit
14-06-2020 05:54
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:
When I renewed my medication a short while ago I asked the chemist his opinion and he instantly answered with its a virulent flu that is extremely contagious.Face masks help.Isolation helps and some healthy young people have died so it is not a joke or a hoax.I am happy to share a brand new experience.Agreeing with Keepit

I'm not buying it. When you asked him "how many of your family members died from the coronaflu" what was his answer?

Oh, you didn't ask him, right? Well guess what. The answer is zero. I don't even know this guy but the answer is zero for him, for you, and for everyone ... because it is a hoax.

If everyone were dropping like flies we would all have one or more family members who has since died from it. All that we can muster are anecdotes about strangers who died but no one that you know personally telling you of family members who have died. Yes, there are people in the medical profession who are duped, and apparently this guy also successfully duped you.

Go back and ask him which family members of his have passed away. Ask him if all of his family members wear masks when they are at home, and if they don't, ask him how they are still alive?

Nobody has died from the coronaflu and the masks don't stop viruses. Get back to me when you can find three of your friends who have family members who have died. You won't be able to find any.

14-06-2020 06:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Statistics tells the story here.
115,000 deaths means 1 in 300 Americans have died. I don't even know 300 people so i don't expect to know anyone who has died. Not yet.
14-06-2020 06:55
(14414)
keepit wrote: Statistics tells the story here.

Fake stats tell a fake story ... or we can just call it a work of fiction if you like.

keepit wrote: 115,000 deaths means 1 in 300 Americans have died.

Yes, that many people normally die over that time period. None of them died from COVID-19. They all died of something else.

keepit wrote: I don't even know 300 people so i don't expect to know anyone who has died. Not yet.

You totally missed the point. I'm not surprised.

14-06-2020 07:09
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I had not seen this chap before as he was isolated from work as he is 73.Very healthy and bright.In the West here we isolated the whole state and we have had no new cases and the only cases we had were from people returning from holidays.IBDM you are acting like a small child of course its real.AGW/CC is not real but this virus has caused death.
14-06-2020 08:44
(14414)
duncan61 wrote:.IBDM you are acting like a small child

duncan, you are a gullible idiot. Of course it's a hoax and of course you haven't asked anyone how many of their family members have died from COVID because you know the answer is zero.

You have not asked anyone. You know the answer is zero.

Shall I drop my pants so you can blow me, Mr. Gullible?

duncan61 wrote:AGW/CC is not real but this virus has caused death.

Hasn't caused a single death as far as you know. However, you are a gullible chap who believes whatever strangers tell you to believe. Are you proud of that?

COVID-19 hasn't caused any deaths, or at least no more than any other flu any other year.
Attached image:

15-06-2020 00:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Statistics tells the story here.
115,000 deaths means 1 in 300 Americans have died. I don't even know 300 people so i don't expect to know anyone who has died. Not yet.

I'm an essential worker, who has missed a day of work this year. My place of employment has a little over a thousand people working there. There have been exactly 2 suspected cases. Not sure if anyone really knows if it was actually Covid-19, or just a common cold. I've yet to hear any death stories, or people taking time off for funerals for Covid-19 deaths. There were a few funerals, but old age, and different conditions. One murder...

We aren't over-staffed, but have sufficient to cover a few people out, in any department. If this was such a devastating disease, would you think we would be short-handed much of the time? Would there be plenty of people needing time off for funerals? I really had expected some sort of impact, but business has been normal volume. Doesn't really fit with the news reports.
15-06-2020 02:32
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

I'm not buying it. When you asked him "how many of your family members died from the coronaflu" what was his answer?

Oh, you didn't ask him, right? Well guess what. The answer is zero. I don't even know this guy but the answer is zero for him, for you, and for everyone ... because it is a hoax.

If everyone were dropping like flies we would all have one or more family members who has since died from it. All that we can muster are anecdotes about strangers who died but no one that you know personally telling you of family members who have died. Yes, there are people in the medical profession who are duped, and apparently this guy also successfully duped you.

Go back and ask him which family members of his have passed away. Ask him if all of his family members wear masks when they are at home, and if they don't, ask him how they are still alive?

Nobody has died from the coronaflu and the masks don't stop viruses. Get back to me when you can find three of your friends who have family members who have died. You won't be able to find any.

As far as my family goes, I still only know two people who have even CONTRACTED the damn virus, and both of them only had mild symptoms at most and recovered just fine. Neither of them died.

Join the debate patient 1, patient 2:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact