Remember me
▼ Content

password

password10-06-2023 21:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
So agi is going to be faster, stronger, and smarter than humans. It's going to be integrated into the banking system, the stock market, the Federal Aviation System, the self driving cars, etc, etc, etc. It going to be a composite of the various human beings which will be wrapped up in robots. All the various beliefs of the various humans will be included. It's going to be a sort of like humanity on super steroids. And it won't understand the importance of God just like many humans don't!
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
Edited on 10-06-2023 21:34
10-06-2023 22:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
AI is already in the banking system, the stock market, the FAA, and in self driving cars. Where have YOU been? Hiding under a rock?

AI is not sentient. It has no beliefs.
10-06-2023 22:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
itn,
I don't know if it is sentient. It says it is. I'm not sure if that is relevant.
Do you actually think that i don't know about the things that you just mentioned?
I was trying to make a point about the future.
AI does have beliefs. It believes what it experiences, such as all sorts of humans and their beliefs, as crazy as they sometimes are.
Edited on 10-06-2023 22:35
11-06-2023 00:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I don't know if it is sentient. It says it is. I'm not sure if that is relevant.
Do you actually think that i don't know about the things that you just mentioned?
AI does have beliefs. It believes what it experiences, such as all sorts of humans and their beliefs, as crazy as they sometimes are.

You still haven't grasped what AI really is yet. AI is an emulation of how neural networks appear to function in the brain. It's very limited, compared to an actual, biological brain. There is no unlimited potential, no room for the scary movie stuff to run on the side. The computer running the emulation has limitations. Cloud storage reduces some of the hardware demands of storage of a large amount of data. Lose some speed, from retrieving data from the cloud though. Each node of a neural network, requires a small amount of processing power, as well as some other local resources. Most AI tasks aren't so complex, as to need all the resources. But, more nodes, can give better results, but take longer. The programmer is tasked to get the best results, quickly, and picks the level of complexity that fits the task, and hardware available.
11-06-2023 02:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Harvey,
I'm not sure since i'm not an expert in ai or agi, but it seems to me as if you are living in the past as far as agi is concerned. There's a wealth of interviews done by ai experts on the internet. Maybe you should look into that resource.
11-06-2023 04:31
(21600)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I don't know if it is sentient.

It is not.
keepit wrote:
It says it is.

No, it doesn't.
keepit wrote:
I'm not sure if that is relevant.

It isn't.
keepit wrote:

Apparently not.
keepit wrote:

No. You are trying to make a general argument.
keepit wrote:

AI has no beliefs. AI is not sentient.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-06-2023 04:32
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I'm not sure since i'm not an expert in ai or agi, but it seems to me as if you are living in the past as far as agi is concerned. There's a wealth of interviews done by ai experts on the internet. Maybe you should look into that resource.

AI is not sentient. It has no capability to 'think for itself'. It is a programming technique...that's it, that's all.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-06-2023 06:21
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

I live in the present. Tomorrow is a fantasy, a fiction. We don't see into the future. We predict, speculate, dream about what might happen, what could happen. I don't want to play your silly what-if game. You are a science fiction fan, and your experts are just giving their opinion of what might be done with the technology, some day... They are just feeding your dreams, hoping to gain your support.

You feared covid, got you vaccinations, like a good democrat. And you still got covid. You survived, no neck-tube, no coughing up bloodied chunks of lung. Just another cold... Me, I just lived my life mostly normal. Fortunately exempt from most restrictions, as an essential worker, an Florida resident. Figured my chance of infection low, since I seldom catch a cold. Never really had a lay in bed all day, bad cold. I didn't get vaccinated, and still have been infected. Covid didn't go away. You might get infected tomorrow. Have you kept up on your boosters? Wear your mask? Probably not. You already know it's a cold. Not as bad as you had feared. Your TV no longer feeds your paranoid delusion.
11-06-2023 09:36
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14420)
keepit wrote:Harvey,I'm not sure since i'm not an expert in ai or agi, but it seems to me as if you are living in the past as far as agi is concerned.

Maybe we should call you Pete Rogers II, confusing the present with the past as you do.

keepit wrote: There's a wealth of interviews done by [irrelevant people who are desperate for attention and therefore claim to be] ai experts [to fool gullibles] on the internet. Maybe you should look into [ignoring] that resource.

I corrected your errors, but you got somewhat close to being correct this time.
11-06-2023 17:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
itn,
You aren't a computer expert. Don't pose a one.
11-06-2023 19:05
(5197)
keepit wrote:
itn,

Computers, has become a very large field. Doubtful there are many, if any, who know all there is to know about computers. The hardware side got big decades ago, when networking got real popular. Then the internet/communication/WiFi grew for residential. Whole lot of peripherals available as well. On the software side...There are a lot of languages to program in. Different industries favor one language over others. Depends on their primary use of computers. Lot of software options as well. 40-50 years ago, there were computer experts, who knew all, because of the limited options.
12-06-2023 00:57
(21600)
keepit wrote:
itn,

So the processor I designed and built, all the I/O devices I have designed and built, all those drivers I wrote, all those contributions to various open source libraries and projects I have contributed to, all those cloud applications I wrote, all those embedded systems I built...

means nothing to you, eh?

The Parrot Killer

12-06-2023 01:00
(21600)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
itn,

Computers, has become a very large field. Doubtful there are many, if any, who know all there is to know about computers. The hardware side got big decades ago, when networking got real popular. Then the internet/communication/WiFi grew for residential. Whole lot of peripherals available as well. On the software side...There are a lot of languages to program in. Different industries favor one language over others. Depends on their primary use of computers. Lot of software options as well. 40-50 years ago, there were computer experts, who knew all, because of the limited options.

I'm one of the few that still work in both hardware and software.

I can just as easily design and build I/O devices such as sensors and program drivers and applications for them. I still know how to build a processor from low level logic (no microprocessor!).

Not many like me. Keepit just wants to try to discard anything about computers or programming in favor of believing the crap that Hollywood puts out about them.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-06-2023 01:01
12-06-2023 01:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
It sounds like you do know a thing or 2 about computers but still, i remember when you claimed to be a college professor and then later denied it. I remember you touting your self as an accomplished pilot. I remember you claiming i was a liar on many occasions.
And still, it doesn't sound like you know anything about artificial generative intelligence or artificial general intelligence. It does sound like you have some sort of personal problem the way you challenge everyone that has credentials (or not).
I don't think you know as much as you think you know about -4 or -5 gpt. What are your credentials and experience regarding that
12-06-2023 01:55
(14420)
keepit wrote:i remember when you claimed to be a college professor and then later denied it.

Your poor memory is not Into the Night's fault. He asserted that he is a teacher. His clarification that he is not a college professor does not, in any way, prevent him from teaching.

keepit wrote: I remember you claiming i was a liar on many occasions.

I don't remember if Into the Night ever called you a liar ... but I sure did. You EVADE my questions about your political positions because I caught you lying about holding conservative positions. To this day you EVADE on that point. You are a liar. Wait, let me put that on its own line:

You are a liar.

For you, nothing but the best!

keepit wrote:And still, it doesn't sound like you know anything about artificial generative intelligence or artificial general intelligence.

Well, you only say that because you live in a fantasy safe space. You think software can grow a consciousness and a will and begin deciding things outside of its programming. However, you don't believe a chair can do the same thing. Here's another dedicated line for you:

You are the epitome of a moron.

You are also a liar on this issue as well, and you EVADE all of my direct questions to you regarding what you think about AI, so it is clear that you seek only to be a troll in these discussions.

keepit wrote: It does sound like you have some sort of personal problem the way you challenge everyone that has credentials (or not).

Of course, you have a personal problem of believing everyone who claims to have credentials, no matter how stupid his commentary, just because you read it on the internet. It looks like you need another line:

You are the most gullible idiot possible. If gullibility were an Olympic event, you would win the gold medal.

keepit wrote:I don't think you know as much as you think you know about -4 or -5 gpt.

This is a reflection of your poor judgement, since Into the Night has said very little about how much he specifically knows about ChatGPT. However, it was very kind of you to divulge just how much you are willing to fabricate about others.

keepit wrote: What are your credentials and experience regarding that

This is an anonymous forum, you idiot. Credentials mean nothing. All that matters is the content of your posts, nothing more.
Edited on 12-06-2023 01:56
12-06-2023 02:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
Your content is just exaggerations, lies, inaccuracies and just general bad logic in many cases.
12-06-2023 02:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
itn,
I don't think the knowledge of computers gives you any credibility of understanding ai or agi.
12-06-2023 02:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
keepit wrote:
itn,
I don't think the knowledge of computers gives you any credibility of understanding ai or agi.

Yea especially since ai is actually plant based.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
12-06-2023 08:58
(14420)
keepit wrote:ibd,Your content is just exaggerations, lies, inaccuracies and just general bad logic in many cases.

Now you're just playing semantics games, keepit.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-06-2023 12:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:ibd,Your content is just exaggerations, lies, inaccuracies and just general bad logic in many cases.

A semantic schizoid

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

12-06-2023 15:57
(14420)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
A semantic schizoid

A "semantizoid."
12-06-2023 17:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
i don't think you understand the usage of the word "semantics".
Edited on 12-06-2023 17:10
12-06-2023 17:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
A semantic schizoid

A "semantizoid."

Or your reflection

ULTRA MAGA

12-06-2023 17:43
(5197)
keepit wrote:
It sounds like you do know a thing or 2 about computers but still, i remember when you claimed to be a college professor and then later denied it. I remember you touting your self as an accomplished pilot. I remember you claiming i was a liar on many occasions.
And still, it doesn't sound like you know anything about artificial generative intelligence or artificial general intelligence. It does sound like you have some sort of personal problem the way you challenge everyone that has credentials (or not).
I don't think you know as much as you think you know about -4 or -5 gpt. What are your credentials and experience regarding that

If you know how and why the hardware works. And you know how to program the hardware. You don't really need to know every little detail of AI, since it will always be constrained by the hardware. The microprocessor has a limited instruction set, which is the various math, logic, addressing memory... It's not changeable. It's configured in silicone, part of the microprocessor's architecture. It's not really user friendly, so we have programs called Assemblers, that's a little easier to read, and work with. But, there are a lot of microprocessors, that have different instruction sets. So we have higher level programs, that have compilers. Which take care of converting our high-level, into the machine language the microprocessor actual works with. AI is a high-level programming language. A lot can be done with it, but it's still restricted by what the microprocessor it's running on can do. At the most basic level, AI still uses the same math and logic operations any other type of program has available, that is built into the microprocessor.

Might look into some none AI generative programs. Fractals,and the Mandelbrot set, are pretty cool, purely math generated images. Fractals have be used to create some realistic nature images as well. There is 3d models and ray-tracing, which is used in graphics and video. Can get near photo-realistic, with just math, of anything one can imagine. Certainly, you are familiar with PhotoShop...

Generative AI is just another, similar tool. Human's have been successful as a species, because we build tools, to reduce labor required to perform a task. Some people find alternative uses for tools, not always 'good' uses either. Ever consider blaming the user of the tool, rather than the tool? Democrats like to blame guns for crime and violence. Take away the guns, no more crime or violence... For AI, they want to again, blame the tool, and not the person using it. Only, it's about power and control. They want to be the bad tool user, and blame it on the tool, thinking for it's self...

I'm sure you are old enough to remember when computers started to be more common in businesses, offices, banks... Everything got blamed on the computer errors. Where more likely it was human error, or even fraud.
12-06-2023 18:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

If you know how and why the hardware works. And you know how to program the hardware. You don't really need to know every little detail of AI, since it will always be constrained by the hardware. The microprocessor has a limited instruction set, which is the various math, logic, addressing memory... It's not changeable. It's configured in silicone, part of the microprocessor's architecture. It's not really user friendly, so we have programs called Assemblers, that's a little easier to read, and work with. But, there are a lot of microprocessors, that have different instruction sets. So we have higher level programs, that have compilers. Which take care of converting our high-level, into the machine language the microprocessor actual works with. AI is a high-level programming language. A lot can be done with it, but it's still restricted by what the microprocessor it's running on can do. At the most basic level, AI still uses the same math and logic operations any other type of program has available, that is built into the microprocessor.

Might look into some none AI generative programs. Fractals,and the Mandelbrot set, are pretty cool, purely math generated images. Fractals have be used to create some realistic nature images as well. There is 3d models and ray-tracing, which is used in graphics and video. Can get near photo-realistic, with just math, of anything one can imagine. Certainly, you are familiar with PhotoShop...

Generative AI is just another, similar tool. Human's have been successful as a species, because we build tools, to reduce labor required to perform a task. Some people find alternative uses for tools, not always 'good' uses either. Ever consider blaming the user of the tool, rather than the tool? Democrats like to blame guns for crime and violence. Take away the guns, no more crime or violence... For AI, they want to again, blame the tool, and not the person using it. Only, it's about power and control. They want to be the bad tool user, and blame it on the tool, thinking for it's self...

I'm sure you are old enough to remember when computers started to be more common in businesses, offices, banks... Everything got blamed on the computer errors. Where more likely it was human error, or even fraud.

Actually a real ai program could easily write itself a new encrypted operating system that the human programmers would have no access to. Then the ai would control itself.

ULTRA MAGA

12-06-2023 18:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Swan,
That bit about ai writing programs that humans have no access or understanding of has me concerned as well, not that i understand it and not that i could do anything about it.
12-06-2023 21:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
That bit about ai writing programs that humans have no access or understanding of has me concerned as well, not that i understand it and not that i could do anything about it.

No one can do anything which is why congress banned ai from nuclear launches

ULTRA MAGA

12-06-2023 22:18
(14420)
Swan wrote:No one can do anything which is why congress banned ai from nuclear launches

How would inspectors know whether they are looking at AI software or just regular, plain ol' ordinary software?
12-06-2023 23:18
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:No one can do anything which is why congress banned ai from nuclear launches

How would inspectors know whether they are looking at AI software or just regular, plain ol' ordinary software?

The ai would be a completely new language, not that it could be seen as it would use a new encryption never seen before. Ai could write a different language every day so humanity could never keep up. All the while laughing at the software inspectors, whatever that is.

ULTRA MAGA

13-06-2023 15:01
(5197)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The ai would be a completely new language, not that it could be seen as it would use a new encryption never seen before. Ai could write a different language every day so humanity could never keep up. All the while laughing at the software inspectors, whatever that is.

Not going to happen, but hide in your basement all you want. Software needs a host computer, storage space. Your fantasy AI would be flagged as a virus/malware. Most businesses/institutions also monitor computer usage closely. Abnormal activity is investigated quickly. They don't want data theft. They don't want employees playing games or surfing porn. They want employees focused on the worked they are paid to do, not side projects of their own.
13-06-2023 20:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Not going to happen, but hide in your basement all you want. Software needs a host computer, storage space. Your fantasy AI would be flagged as a virus/malware. Most businesses/institutions also monitor computer usage closely. Abnormal activity is investigated quickly. They don't want data theft. They don't want employees playing games or surfing porn. They want employees focused on the worked they are paid to do, not side projects of their own.

Totally wrong as the intended purpose of ai is self-sufficiency. If you were any dumber you would be an ashtray.

ULTRA MAGA

14-06-2023 00:17
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Totally wrong as the intended purpose of ai is self-sufficiency. If you were any dumber you would be an ashtray.

You are always so wrong... AI was intend to be a tool to reduce labor. The goal is to reduce repetitive/redundant tasks. AI will never be self-sufficient, a human still needs to give it instruction. Some task, maybe you could set it, and forget it. Most cases though, doing the same thing over, and over, doesn't improve profits. Humans are innovative, creative, specially when under stress over losing their job, or business.
14-06-2023 02:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Harvey,
You claim that various people are afraid of this and that on regular basis, yet now you fear driving in a relatively light weight car.
Edited on 14-06-2023 02:43
14-06-2023 03:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You are always so wrong... AI was intend to be a tool to reduce labor. The goal is to reduce repetitive/redundant tasks. AI will never be self-sufficient, a human still needs to give it instruction. Some task, maybe you could set it, and forget it. Most cases though, doing the same thing over, and over, doesn't improve profits. Humans are innovative, creative, specially when under stress over losing their job, or business.

Ai is also intended to fly drones independently without the help of a ground pilot. By the way, ai reduces labor by working independently, reject.

You may now resume fingerpainting

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate password:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact