Remember me
▼ Content

Organisms struggling to adapt

Organisms struggling to adapt26-06-2019 15:29
boreallfor
☆☆☆☆☆
(19)
to climate change, say french and american scientistshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2019/06/20/biodiversity-collapse-is-crippling-natural-adaptation-to-climate-change/#66112890598a
26-06-2019 16:16
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
boreallfor wrote:
to climate change, say french and american scientistshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2019/06/20/biodiversity-collapse-is-crippling-natural-adaptation-to-climate-change/#66112890598a

The topic of life's struggle to adapt to ever changing environments was covered rather extensively a long time ago by a smart man named Charles Darwin.

Darwin was initially going to call his theory "Climate Change is Worse Than Previously Imagined!" ... but later decided that he needed a little more hype to drive his point home so he called it "The Origin of Species" to just grab people by the shoulders and get them to focus on the effects of Global Warming.

You can read The Full Text of The Origin of Species on Politiplex

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-06-2019 22:35
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Is it really Climate Change, or environmentalist meddling with natural selection? Some species must die out, to make room for new species, can't save them all, if things are to evolve. Keeping everything the same as always, stagnates the gene pool, promotes inbreeding (like in the left-leaning neighborhoods). Living is hard work, some people want to change that, which softens the need to adapt. Why learn to hunt and forage when all they have to do is line up at the feeding stations. They do the same for humans, it's called Welfare...
27-06-2019 09:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Is it really Climate Change, or environmentalist meddling with natural selection? Some species must die out, to make room for new species, can't save them all, if things are to evolve. Keeping everything the same as always, stagnates the gene pool, promotes inbreeding (like in the left-leaning neighborhoods). Living is hard work, some people want to change that, which softens the need to adapt. Why learn to hunt and forage when all they have to do is line up at the feeding stations. They do the same for humans, it's called Welfare...

This line of thinking has happened before in America, especially in the old West.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-06-2019 20:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
boreallfor wrote:

At present climate change is poorly understood. With these guys, bottom of the gene pool.
29-06-2019 22:23
(21552)
James___ wrote:
boreallfor wrote:

At present climate change is poorly understood. With these guys, bottom of the gene pool.

Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-06-2019 23:34
(5192)
James___ wrote:
boreallfor wrote:

Guess it's better to be at the bottom of the pool, than floating, belly-up...
RE: A big solution to climate change if combined with eliminating fossil fuels and damaging waste30-06-2019 08:02
luvioni
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
https://www.luvioni.com/climate-change-solutions-set-animals-free/
30-06-2019 21:12
(21552)
luvioni wrote:

So you link to this article. What's your argument that you are presenting?

The Parrot Killer

30-06-2019 22:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Into the Night wrote:
luvioni wrote:

Obviously he was told to post it ... just after he was told to believe it.

You don't think there was any independent thought involved, do you?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 30-06-2019 22:03
30-06-2019 22:54
(21552)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
luvioni wrote:

Obviously he was told to post it ... just after he was told to believe it.

You don't think there was any independent thought involved, do you?

None that I can see.

The Parrot Killer

01-07-2019 01:10
(5192)
I don't often click links, if I'm not familiar with the site already. When someone just posts the link, and nothing else, it doesn't really give any incentives to read the article. May not have even read it themselves, since they offer no opinion, as to why they posted the link. My animals are already free. Cat comes and goes as he pleases. Dog is too old to wander off, but could if he was so inclined. Mostly, I keep him in the house, for his health and safety, but he has free run of the backyard. I don't tie him up, or cage him or the cat.
01-07-2019 10:31
(21552)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I don't often click links, if I'm not familiar with the site already. When someone just posts the link, and nothing else, it doesn't really give any incentives to read the article. May not have even read it themselves, since they offer no opinion, as to why they posted the link. My animals are already free. Cat comes and goes as he pleases. Dog is too old to wander off, but could if he was so inclined. Mostly, I keep him in the house, for his health and safety, but he has free run of the backyard. I don't tie him up, or cage him or the cat.

It just shows that he doesn't have a mind of his own. He has to use the mind of someone else.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Organisms struggling to adapt:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate scientists are struggling to find the right words for very bad news301-11-2018 03:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact