Remember me
▼ Content

Little Rico?

Little Rico?30-05-2021 16:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The original source is MSNBC. It seems that state prosecutors are considering going after the trump.org as a criminal enterprise. Still, those who are supremacists will not support prosecuting one of their own.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/little-rico-mob-law-trump-organization-cy-vance-investigation-042753148.html
30-05-2021 21:13
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Failed to convict Trump on anything else, why not... If you have noticed a pattern, Trump stays within what the law allows. Yeah, he probably uses the law a little more to his advantage, than was intended when the laws were written. Few things pop, that should be legal, but later they find out that they are. Trump has been very good a finding legal opportunities, that no one thought of before. He pushes things to the extremes, and exploits every opportunity. Part of the fun, is in making crazy deals, taking out loans to pay for projects, and making it work, within the confines of the law.

A lot of wealthy people use a lot of the same laws, in the same way. Many of them don't like Trump drawing attention to their dirty little secrets to wealth and success. Some are probably a little scared, since Trump isn't predictable, beyond defending his own. Even if it means outing some of the competition.

A lot of the problems with prosecuting Trump, is that they have to prove that he was actively involved in an transgressions, and not the people he hired to do the work. Trump doesn't do his own accounting, it's hired out. A profitable client, they have to prove Trump knew something was illegal, and allowed it, or ordered it done. Not that the accountants did something on their own, to make the client happy, and keep doing business with them.

Trump owns interest in a lot of businesses. He doesn't actively run them. He does hold some responsibility for the books, for each of his holdings. Trump's organization is huge, and plenty of room to raise 'reasonable doubt' in court. Prosecutors have a tough job proving their cases, that Trump was the only possible one.
31-05-2021 04:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Failed to convict Trump on anything else, why not... If you have noticed a pattern, Trump stays within what the law allows. Yeah, he probably uses the law a little more to his advantage, than was intended when the laws were written. Few things pop, that should be legal, but later they find out that they are. Trump has been very good a finding legal opportunities, that no one thought of before. He pushes things to the extremes, and exploits every opportunity. Part of the fun, is in making crazy deals, taking out loans to pay for projects, and making it work, within the confines of the law.

A lot of wealthy people use a lot of the same laws, in the same way. Many of them don't like Trump drawing attention to their dirty little secrets to wealth and success. Some are probably a little scared, since Trump isn't predictable, beyond defending his own. Even if it means outing some of the competition.

A lot of the problems with prosecuting Trump, is that they have to prove that he was actively involved in an transgressions, and not the people he hired to do the work. Trump doesn't do his own accounting, it's hired out. A profitable client, they have to prove Trump knew something was illegal, and allowed it, or ordered it done. Not that the accountants did something on their own, to make the client happy, and keep doing business with them.

Trump owns interest in a lot of businesses. He doesn't actively run them. He does hold some responsibility for the books, for each of his holdings. Trump's organization is huge, and plenty of room to raise 'reasonable doubt' in court. Prosecutors have a tough job proving their cases, that Trump was the only possible one.

As I said, a "supremacist" would defend Trump. As you said "Prosecutors have a tough job proving their cases, that Trump was the only possible one."
Little Rico is about convicting the organization. It includes everyone involved and not just "The Donald". It is what they use when going after the Mafia. And it seems that Trump might be considered the same as organized crime.
It seems this is the US vs a criminal organization. I'm a disabled Veteran and am very much opposed to criminal organizations. Mexico has them and we're not Mexico.
Edited on 31-05-2021 04:42
31-05-2021 04:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
p.s., this thread was posted in the political part of the forum and not in the climate debate section. Someone moved it. This is sad because next they'll say that hydrocarbons aren't the real enemy. They're evil in that aspect of a climate debate.
Attached image:

Edited on 31-05-2021 04:47
31-05-2021 08:01
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

As I said, a "supremacist" would defend Trump. As you said "Prosecutors have a tough job proving their cases, that Trump was the only possible one."
Little Rico is about convicting the organization. It includes everyone involved and not just "The Donald". It is what they use when going after the Mafia. And it seems that Trump might be considered the same as organized crime.
It seems this is the US vs a criminal organization. I'm a disabled Veteran and am very much opposed to criminal organizations. Mexico has them and we're not Mexico.

What crimes is the Trump Organization accused of, probable cause? From all I've seen, is a lot of fishing for accounting/clerical abnormalities. No drug dealing, extortion, murder, stolen goods, illegal weapons. They are looking for tax evasion on legitimate businesses. They are looking into bank loans, and real estate deals. The claim is that he claimed property was worth more, to apply for loans, then devalued the same property for tax purposes. Unfortunately, Trump does land development. Market value for naked land, is lower, than the completed project at the end of the loan. Construction costs, also reduce the tax burden on the land. The value doesn't increase, until the project is complete.

What would they find, if they applied the same premise to the Clinton Foundation, Obama Foundation, or hundreds of other wealthy people's organizations? Many claim charity status, but mostly do taxable business, in the guise of investments.
31-05-2021 19:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21624)
James___ wrote:
The original source is MSNBC. It seems that state prosecutors are considering going after the trump.org as a criminal enterprise. Still, those who are supremacists will not support prosecuting one of their own.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/little-rico-mob-law-trump-organization-cy-vance-investigation-042753148.html

Racism. Bigotry.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-05-2021 19:34
(21624)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Trump IS responsible for his own finances and taxes, even though he hired others to do the work. No law has been broken by Trump, other than attempting to outlaw bumpstocks on guns.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-05-2021 19:34
(21624)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Racism. Bigotry.

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2021 05:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Racism. Bigotry.

Trump is a WASP. No such claims are allowed.
01-06-2021 06:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14442)
James___ wrote: Trump is a WASP fan. No such claims are allowed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-06-2021 06:52
(21624)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Racism. Bigotry.

Trump is a WASP. No such claims are allowed.

The racism and bigotry are YOURS dude. Not Trump's.

The Parrot Killer

01-06-2021 08:01
(5197)
Trump has been under the scandalscope since 2015. Wouldn't you think that the DNC, the Clinton's, or anybody on the left, could have found something substantial by now? Failing to find any prosecutable crimes, they seek to fish through his financial records. The IRS would have gone after him on taxes. For a crime boss, Trump has come up pretty clean. Really don't see any potential shocking finds on these fishing trips either.
01-06-2021 19:56
(21624)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Trump has been under the scandalscope since 2015. Wouldn't you think that the DNC, the Clinton's, or anybody on the left, could have found something substantial by now? Failing to find any prosecutable crimes, they seek to fish through his financial records. The IRS would have gone after him on taxes. For a crime boss, Trump has come up pretty clean. Really don't see any potential shocking finds on these fishing trips either.

Just filth looking for filth in someone cleaner than they are.

The Parrot Killer

03-06-2021 20:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

The same could have been said for Mafia Dons in previous years.

The lawyers for President Trump when he was president argued that he was immune to sort of criminal prosecution. They literally argued that if he followed through on a boast that he made during the campaign in 2016 - that he could stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot someone and that it wouldn't hurt him - that is so, that that's true. They argued that he couldn't be prosecuted for that. And so this is, in some ways, a question of whether our president is above the law.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/18/978635443/could-trump-be-the-1st-u-s-president-charged-with-a-criminal-offense

I think he should be charged. If not then he signaled the end of Democracy as we know it. After all Harvey, you are saying because he was immune from prosecution while acting as POTUS proved his innocence. Sad.
03-06-2021 22:47
(21624)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The lawyers for President Trump when he was president argued that he was immune to sort of criminal prosecution. They literally argued that if he followed through on a boast that he made during the campaign in 2016 - that he could stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot someone and that it wouldn't hurt him - that is so, that that's true. They argued that he couldn't be prosecuted for that. And so this is, in some ways, a question of whether our president is above the law.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/18/978635443/could-trump-be-the-1st-u-s-president-charged-with-a-criminal-offense

Stop quoting Fake News. This is propaganda.
James___ wrote:
I think he should be charged.

With what?
James___ wrote:
If not then he signaled the end of Democracy as we know it.

What democracy? There are currently no democracies anywhere on Earth. The United States was never a democracy.
James___ wrote:
After all Harvey, you are saying because he was immune from prosecution while acting as POTUS proved his innocence. Sad.

Harvey never said that. You are hallucinating again.

The Parrot Killer

04-06-2021 03:39
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Stop quoting Fake News. This is propaganda.
James___ wrote:
I think he should be charged.

With what?
James___ wrote:
If not then he signaled the end of Democracy as we know it.

What democracy? There are currently no democracies anywhere on Earth. The United States was never a democracy.
James___ wrote:
After all Harvey, you are saying because he was immune from prosecution while acting as POTUS proved his innocence. Sad.

Harvey never said that. You are hallucinating again.

And peyote says no. It's sad that you allow for such a simplistic answer.

Join the debate Little Rico?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Puerto Rico218-06-2023 08:18
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact