Remember me
▼ Content

Ideas for my seminar paper?

Ideas for my seminar paper?10-06-2018 11:48
LikeanImon
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a topic to write about in my seminar paper.
The subject is English containing the framework theme "roots".
I'd like to link to climate change or global warming.

Are there any, maybe unprecedented, ideas ?

Greetings from germany,

LikeanImon
23-06-2018 12:14
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
"roots"

Eh??

What do you mean by that? Tree roots or the person's history or what?

Edited on 23-06-2018 12:14
23-06-2023 11:38
sealover
★★★★☆
(1249)
LikeanImon wrote:
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for a topic to write about in my seminar paper.
The subject is English containing the framework theme "roots".
I'd like to link to climate change or global warming.

Are there any, maybe unprecedented, ideas ?

Greetings from germany,

LikeanImon

If you are genuinely interested, I would be happy to share more detailed information about what I think is the most important connection between roots and climate change or global warming.

Most plants feed a lot of the organic carbon synthesized during photosynthesis to symbiotic fungi associated with their roots.

In boreal forests where it has been measured, more than half of the photosynthate produced by the trees is leaving the plant through the roots to feed the symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi that act as an extension of the root system.

There are many implications and applications related to climate change.

For example, where boreal forests are moving northward into land that used to be tundra, due to global warming, it is the shift in mycorrhizal fungi type that marks the "tipping point" after which the soils begin to emit far more carbon dioxide than the trees can sequester from the atmosphere to keep pace with.
23-06-2023 15:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
sealover wrote: For example, where boreal forests are moving northward into land that used to be tundra, due to global warming,

Will you be showing this "global warming" or does one have to already believe a priori? ... meaning anything you have to say falls apart if there is no "Global Warming"?

sealover wrote: it is the shift in mycorrhizal fungi type that marks the "tipping point" after which the soils begin to emit far more carbon dioxide than the trees can sequester from the atmosphere to keep pace with.

Will you define this "tipping point" and how you measure the CO2 emission rate of soils and the CO2 sequestration rate of trees?

Join the debate Ideas for my seminar paper?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Top Entities Only Want To Steal New Ideas Solutions, Do Not Want To Buy It203-12-2023 21:07
Many Big Ideas For Global Currencies Using Rules In The Current World Financial System010-08-2022 09:51
The Savior Ultimate Solution For The Global Economic System Is Using 2 Type Of Energy Exchange Paper127-06-2021 17:36
The Climate Change Paper So Depressing It's Sending People to Therapy106-03-2019 21:53
New ideas to help eradicate climate change203-12-2018 02:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact