Remember me
▼ Content

fundamental

fundamental08-03-2021 18:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
What's the fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives?
I've heard it has to do with the relative use of the amygdala and the hippocampus.
I looked over my body to try and find a hippocampus switch or an amygdala switch but i couldn't find either one. I guess there isn't one. Does that mean i can never change my mind? Is there a difference in thought processes? Does it have to do with one's childhood? I'm neither conservative or liberal. Matter of fact i've never voted. Does that mean i have no mind? Does that mean i don't give a sh-t?
08-03-2021 18:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Your account has been credited one worthless keepitkoin.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

08-03-2021 18:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14463)
keepit wrote: What's the fundamental difference between liberals and conservatives?

Conservatives want the individual to conserve/retain power in one's pursuit of prosperity in life, liberty and happiness, for oneself and for one's posterity. Conservatives want a subservient government that makes life easier for We the People by making it easier to pursue life, liberty and happiness, for oneself and for one's posterity.

Liberals want the individual to liberally cede power to the government so the government can avoid treating individuals as individuals and instead treat We the People as a class, as an ant farm that exists to serve the government. Liberals want the government to make life easy for We the People by doing our thinking for us, by making our life decisions for us and by informing us how We the People can provide happiness for the government and for its posterity.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2021 18:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
ibd,
I can't speak for liberals but your account isn't the impression i get about them. Your impression fits your mentality as well as liberals as far as i can see.
08-03-2021 18:56
(14463)
keepit wrote: ibd, I can't speak for liberals but your account isn't the impression i get about them.

Exactly. You need to reexamine your entire impression-forming process. I don't think yours works all too well.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
08-03-2021 19:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
You're mixed up as usual ibd. Most of my friends are conservatives but none of my liberal friends want to cede power to the govt. They don't want to serve the govt either. They want the govt to serve them. Your impression that the truth is just the opposite is only in your mind. Wishful thinking?
Edited on 08-03-2021 19:03
08-03-2021 19:09
(14463)
keepit wrote: You're mixed up as usual ibd.

Remember, you are the one who is eternally confused. Please feel free to get a second opinion. You are confused on this matter as well. Just go with what I wrote as inerrant and you will find that everything aligns beautifully.

keepit wrote: Most of my friends are conservatives

Good luck getting anyone to believe you have friends, much less conservative ones.

keepit wrote: ... but none of my liberal friends want to cede power to the govt.

Tell me what their opinions are of specific Trump policies.

08-03-2021 19:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
ibd,
They don't like trump. I'm the only one of them that thinks that trump was useful in negotiating with foreign powers. Most of them think he's just a liar. I think he's a victim of his own wishful thinking. There's no prize for wishful thinking though.
You're a legend in your own mind ibd.
08-03-2021 20:17
(14463)
keepit wrote:ibd, They don't like trump.

There's your answer. Trump led a populist movement of individuals taking back power that had been seized by a tyrannical government, and of course your liberal friends could not abide that, and they HATED Trump for it.

08-03-2021 20:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Liberals think of government, as surrogate parents, so they can live at home, with no need of an income, responsibilities, or consequences for their actions. Basically, they want the easy fun times, they had as children, to never end. Sort of a Michael Jackson story, with the young boys...

Liberals like to spend a lot of government, after all it's free money, just like mom and dad. They never had to work for it. There are no credit limits, so why care. Liberals take you out for dinner and drinks, at the fancy, expensive restaurant. You eat, you drink, have a real good time. Then they leave you to pay the bill...
08-03-2021 20:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21649)
keepit wrote:
You're mixed up as usual ibd.

You're lying as usual, keepit.
keepit wrote:
Most of my friends are conservatives

I don't believe you.
keepit wrote:
but none of my liberal friends want to cede power to the govt.

But they do. They think they will be the 'elite'. They are instead useless idiots. They will get shafted just like everyone else.
keepit wrote:
They don't want to serve the govt either.

See above statement.
keepit wrote:
They want the govt to serve them.

See above statement.
keepit wrote:
Your impression that the truth is just the opposite is only in your mind. Wishful thinking?

You idiots vote for and sustain those that deny the Constitution and any State constitution.
You demand that government enforce your whimsical demands, giving power to the government. You want government to tell you when to wear masks, when you can open your business, what light bulb you can buy, what car you can drive, what fuel you should use, who is allowed to speak, what job you can have (if any), how much you are paid, where you can spend it, what product or service you can sell, what type of weapon I can carry or use, whether I can freely speak or write anything, what religion is 'acceptable', what religion I must accept by 'law', how much of my own wealth I get to keep and how much must be given to others, whether I choose to buy insurance or not, and on...and on...and on.

You're a liar, keepit.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2021 21:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3074)
I'm not a liar and i'm not an idiot. I checked with google.
Those govt things you mentioned are good ideas. But, you vote don't you? That gives power to the govt. The govt you gave power to hires experts to come up with expert opinions. It's much better than anarchy.
08-03-2021 22:32
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
The fundamental narrative of the climate debate trolls:
Liberals are evil and conservatives are good.

Yawn. Lol.

08-03-2021 23:11
(14463)
Spongy Iris wrote:The fundamental narrative of the climate debate trolls: Liberals are evil and conservatives are good.

The fundamental narrative of the mindless liberal zombies: Our slavemasters told us that we are genius superheroes who are going to save the planet and humanity from the evil conservatives because we are important.

Yawn. LOL LOL

08-03-2021 23:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
I'm not a liar and i'm not an idiot. I checked with google.

This is where IBD needs to make one of his fancy graphics, something along the lines of someone having typed "what is keepit" into a Google search engine and having the first result's headline being "keepit is a liar and an idiot".
09-03-2021 00:41
(14463)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:I'm not a liar and i'm not an idiot. I checked with google.
This is where IBD needs to make one of his fancy graphics, something along the lines of someone having typed "what is keepit" into a Google search engine and having the first result's headline being "keepit is a liar and an idiot".

...*or* ... you could just do a standard Google search:

Attached image:

09-03-2021 03:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
keepit wrote:
I've heard it has to do with the relative use of the amygdala and the hippocampus.
I looked over my body to try and find a hippocampus switch or an amygdala switch but i couldn't find either one. I guess there isn't one. Does that mean i can never change my mind? Is there a difference in thought processes? Does it have to do with one's childhood? I'm neither conservative or liberal. Matter of fact i've never voted. Does that mean i have no mind? Does that mean i don't give a sh-t?

Liberals believe the fake news on CNN, and conservatives believe the fake news on FOX.
09-03-2021 05:11
(14463)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Liberals believe the fake news on CNN, and conservatives believe the fake news on FOX.

Nope. Conservatives have come to realize that there is no more news. We don't believe anything we don't independently research ourselves.

09-03-2021 16:21
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:I'm not a liar and i'm not an idiot. I checked with google.

...*or* ... you could just do a standard Google search:

Neat!! Thanks!
09-03-2021 17:13
(3314)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Liberals believe the fake news on CNN,

This is true.

Swan wrote:
and conservatives believe the fake news on FOX.

Actually, conservatives have come to realize that FOX News is not any better than the rest of them. That's why FOX's ratings have gone down the toilet after being #1 for as long as I can remember.

Some conservatives have continued to search for alternatives, such as Newsmax, RSBN, and OANN. Others have simply taken it upon themselves to independently research and carefully vet anything and everything before "running with it".

The GOP as a political party (more specifically, the GOPe that has been controlling it, which is who FOX News is allied with) has been fully exposed for the filth that they are, thanks to President Trump. What once seemed like a true alternative to the Democrat Party is actually just the second wing of a Uniparty of self-proclaimed "elites" who have done a good job of pretending like they were conservatives.

Conservatives see this clearly now, and are now ready to "clean house" with regard to the GOP (specifically, the GOPe members within it). Any GOP candidate without the MAGA "seal of approval" will be dead on arrival. The GOPe is well aware of this, since these traitorous Congress members have been dropping like flies, announcing that they will NOT run for re-election in 2022 (or 2024 or 2026). Some of them, such as Liz Cheney, are simply too arrogant, too proud, and too stupid to drop out, so they will battle until their bitter death and lose their re-election campaigns.

The Tea Party movement of 2010 was only a small and loosely organized grassroots precursor to the Trump-led and much more organized MAGA movement. The GOPe destroyed the Tea Party movement shortly after it took off, but they will not be able to destroy the MAGA movement, which is why many of them are jumping ship instead of running for re-election.
Edited on 09-03-2021 17:21
09-03-2021 19:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Nope. Conservatives have come to realize that there is no more news. We don't believe anything we don't independently research ourselves.

Dude you are a schizzo who speaks for no one except you yourself and your other self
09-03-2021 20:14
(14463)
Swan wrote:Dude you are a schizzo who speaks for no one except you yourself and your other self

As long as we don't talk to each other we're fine ... and there's nothing wrong with throwing occasional hand-signals.

However, you opened the door to generalizing about classes, of one of which I am a member, therefore nanny-nanny-boo-boo ... you hosed yourself.

09-03-2021 21:31
(21649)
keepit wrote:
I'm not a liar and i'm not an idiot.

You are both.
keepit wrote:
I checked with google.

Google is not God, and it doesn't have a list of your friends.
keepit wrote:
Those govt things you mentioned are good ideas.

I didn't mention 'government things'. You're as bad as Biden. You can't keep track of what you are saying or what people are talking about.
keepit wrote:
But, you vote don't you?

Certainly.
keepit wrote:
That gives power to the govt.

No, it doesn't. The constitution, as ordained by a very specific vote, is what gives power to the government, and ONLY the powers authorized by that constitution are given to the government. The government HAS NO OTHER POWER OR AUTHORITY.
keepit wrote:
The govt you gave power to hires experts to come up with expert opinions.

'Expert' worship.
keepit wrote:
It's much better than anarchy.

False dichotomy fallacy. There are many forms of government. I favor a republic.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-03-2021 21:32
(21649)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yawn. Lol.

Redefinition fallacy (opposing view<->troll).

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:33
(21649)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Bigotry. Not all liberals believe CNN. Not all conservatives believe FOX.

The Parrot Killer

09-03-2021 21:35
(21649)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Dude you are a schizzo who speaks for no one except you yourself and your other self

Psychoquackery.

IBD is correct. Many conservatives had come to realize there is no more news. It is better to independently research it ourselves.

There are, of course, many conservatives that still believe FOX news to some degree.

News agencies are not God.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 01:01
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yawn. Lol.

No that's not it. I'm saying you guys spin a phony narrative where conservatives are good and liberals are evil.

10-03-2021 01:23
(14463)
Spongy Iris wrote:No that's not it. I'm saying you guys spin a phony narrative where conservatives are good and liberals are evil.

Boolsch't! The narrative I spin is clearly one of liberals being gullible, mindless morons, not one of liberals being "evil." Stop mischaracterizing my position.

10-03-2021 01:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yawn. Lol.

No that's not it. I'm saying you guys spin a phony narrative where conservatives are good and liberals are evil.

Trump's corporate tax break was a liberal policy. I checked out the federal budget deficit since 2000. After the Great Depression, Obama was lowering the budget deficit while the economy improved. And then Trump's tax referendum
helped to create a $Trillion budget deficit.

p.s., I think at politplex they're basically ignored.
10-03-2021 02:03
(14463)
James___ wrote:Obama was lowering the budget deficit while the economy improved.

So you are one of those confused individuals that thinks the President is Congress.

James___ wrote:p.s., I think at politplex they're basically ignored.

Hardly. It's a reference site that has had 26 guests in the last 24 hours. There's a lot of good stuff there; feel free to peruse. It's open to everyone.

10-03-2021 02:45
(21649)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yawn. Lol.

Anyone that fails to recognize the Constitution of the United States or any State constitution, and that is in the process of implementing fascism by oligarchy, such as what the Democrats are doing, is evil.

Anyone that stands up for a republic, and the constitution that is the foundation of it, such as what conservatives want to do, is good.

Socialism is evil. It is theft of wealth. Fascism and communism are both forms of socialism. They are evil.

Capitalism is creation of wealth. It is individuals each being responsible for themselves and bringing about their own fate. That is good.

Now. Shall we go over 'evil' and 'good' again?

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 02:47
(21649)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yawn. Lol.

Trump's corporate tax break was a liberal policy. I checked out the federal budget deficit since 2000. After the Great Depression, Obama was lowering the budget deficit while the economy improved. And then Trump's tax referendum
helped to create a $Trillion budget deficit.

p.s., I think at politplex they're basically ignored.

The economy mouldered under Obama. It did not markedly improve, other than a slight and very weak recovery from the 2007 crash.

Trump did not create any deficit. The House did. Only the House has this authority.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2021 13:41
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Dude you are a schizzo who speaks for no one except you yourself and your other self

As long as we don't talk to each other we're fine ... and there's nothing wrong with throwing occasional hand-signals.

However, you opened the door to generalizing about classes, of one of which I am a member, therefore nanny-nanny-boo-boo ... you hosed yourself.

Do all of your government self's agree with that synopsis?
10-03-2021 16:16
(14463)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Do all of your government self's agree with that synopsis?

Let me confer with us.

Join the debate fundamental:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact