Remember me
▼ Content

Climategate

Climategate29-11-2019 13:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
It's interesting that the IPCC might actually be perpetrating fraud. This is from 2011.

"The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to guid[e] what's included and what is left out" of IPCC reports, writes Jonathan Overpeck, coordinating lead author for the IPCC's most recent climate assessment.

"I gave up on [Georgia Institute of Technology climate professor] Judith Curry a while ago. I don't know what she thinks she's doing, but its not helping the cause," wrote Mann in another newly released email.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/amp/
29-11-2019 19:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
The lie more than President Trump. Least when Trump lies, it's nothing sinister, bragging mostly. Climate Change, just keeps growing, and less believable as it evolves. When Al Gore announced the 'science' was settled, they should have stuck to what they had. They just had to keep throwing more crap on the manure pile. Removed all doubts...
30-11-2019 05:02
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
James___ wrote:"The trick may be to decide on the main message ..."
Yeah lying by omission is a big a lie as any. If a prosecutor fails to disclose exculpatory evidence it's pure fraud.

They continue to make the is huge mistake.

All in the name of the ends justifying the means.
30-11-2019 05:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:"The trick may be to decide on the main message ..."
Yeah lying by omission is a big a lie as any. If a prosecutor fails to disclose exculpatory evidence it's pure fraud.

They continue to make the is huge mistake.

All in the name of the ends justifying the means.

It might be because of air quality in major metropolitan areas. What people didn't consider is the 2013 climate report which said "warming hiatus" while a "new group" was preparing this report
https://relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/news/2014/3/140331-ipcc-report-global-warming-climate-change-science

And now today, any solution for ozone depletion would need to focus on carbon capture. That makes it a bit more of a challenge but might be doable.
Edited on 30-11-2019 05:31
30-11-2019 12:10
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Climategate was 10 years ago.

Recycling memes wont stop whatever it is you want to stop.
30-11-2019 16:28
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
spot wrote:
Climategate was 10 years ago.

Recycling memes wont stop whatever it is you want to stop.

One thing I might try is a new way of capturing carbon. It would work best with a coal fired power plant. It would help generate ozone and it's components which could be transported to the lower stratosphere.
What's funny is that in Kentucky, Senator McConnell's commonwealth (Ky is not a state) and with many coal jobs having been lost in Appalachia, no interest in new ideas.
Cleaning up emissions might help to improve the recycling of lithium-ion batteries which could create jobs while making those batteries more affordable.
Still, some people want me to believe that CO2 isn't causing global warming. Good luck with that because I know it is
30-11-2019 17:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14416)
James___ wrote: One thing I might try is a new way of capturing carbon.

Now I'm confused. I thought you wanted MORE carbon (CO2) in the atmosphere because our ozone supposedly depends upon it.

James___ wrote: It would work best with a coal fired power plant. It would help generate ozone and it's components which could be transported to the lower stratosphere.

OK ... but then you snap right back to ....

James___ wrote: Still, some people want me to believe that CO2 isn't causing global warming. Good luck with that because I know it is

Is there a comprehensive James__' theory written anywhere?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2019 19:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Don't need one. just need to continue pursuing what I am. After all, you'll keep doing whatever it isn't you're doing regardless of what I am doing, right? Climate change is that way as well. I'm just a itty bitty little fish in a great big pond.
30-11-2019 20:37
(14416)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Don't need one.

So that's a "no." Is that so parts of your theory can contradict other parts of your theory to the extent needed whenever needed? e.g. we need more atmospheric CO2 because our survival depends on it and we need to reduce atmospheric CO2 because our survival depends on it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-11-2019 21:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Don't need one.

So that's a "no." Is that so parts of your theory can contradict other parts of your theory to the extent needed whenever needed? e.g. we need more atmospheric CO2 because our survival depends on it and we need to reduce atmospheric CO2 because our survival depends on it.

Can't you do better than that? This kind of goes back to tmiddles post about logic. It seems that your logic is based on a belief. I say this because my opinion is based more on science and what has been reported by researchers.
With you, I don't know that you have any interest in what role CO2 plays or doesn't play in both our atmosphere and our Seas.
01-12-2019 08:47
(14416)
James___ wrote: Can't you do better than that?

It's totally impossible to do better than that.

... better than what?

James___ wrote: It seems that your logic is based on a belief.

What are you claiming is my "logic" and on what belief are you asserting it is based? Your statement is nonsensical.

My proficiency in formal logic is excellent, as well as my adeptness at boolean algebra and axiomatic systems. Anytime you have questions, just let me know. If you ever want to go toe-to-toe I will be there with bells on.

Bring it on baby, bring it on.

James___ wrote: I say this because my opinion is based more on science and what has been reported by researchers.

It matters not on what it is based when it fails internal consistency. It's wrong and you need to fix your errors before you can claim validity of your conclusions.

James___ wrote: With you, I don't know that you have any interest in what role CO2 plays or doesn't play in both our atmosphere and our Seas.

You used the word "role." Under that word, CO2 plays the "role" of plant food in our atmosphere. My interest is in there being sufficient CO2 to maintain life on planet earth.

01-12-2019 12:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Can't you do better than that?

It's totally impossible to do better than that.

... better than what?

James___ wrote: It seems that your logic is based on a belief.

What are you claiming is my "logic" and on what belief are you asserting it is based? Your statement is nonsensical.

My proficiency in formal logic is excellent, as well as my adeptness at boolean algebra and axiomatic systems. Anytime you have questions, just let me know. If you ever want to go toe-to-toe I will be there with bells on.

Bring it on baby, bring it on.

James___ wrote: I say this because my opinion is based more on science and what has been reported by researchers.

It matters not on what it is based when it fails internal consistency. It's wrong and you need to fix your errors before you can claim validity of your conclusions.

James___ wrote: With you, I don't know that you have any interest in what role CO2 plays or doesn't play in both our atmosphere and our Seas.

You used the word "role." Under that word, CO2 plays the "role" of plant food in our atmosphere. My interest is in there being sufficient CO2 to maintain life on planet earth.

Isn't it sad that the media knows that the IPCC's reports are junk science? Like your saying plant food.
People can't say we need to reduce waste. If they did then they couldn't be the good consumers that they are. I might as well enjoy the ride like everyone else

I can still do science and accept that it's a society that determines what path it follows.
01-12-2019 20:31
(14416)
James___ wrote: Isn't it sad that the media knows that the IPCC's reports are junk science?

Not junk science, ... just junk.

James___ wrote:Like your saying plant food.

Like your saying "role."

James___ wrote: People can't say we need to reduce waste.

That's because we say that we SHOULD reduce waste, not that we NEED to reduce waste. Get your words straight.

James___ wrote: I can still do science

Nope. Science is not a verb. Get your words straight.

James___ wrote:and accept that it's a society that determines what path it follows.

Which is always represented in the markets, which is why renewables will not become more popular until it no longer needs to be subsidized to be viable.

Join the debate Climategate:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact