Remember me
▼ Content

Phosphine

Phosphine15-09-2020 16:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Phosphine discovered in the upper atmosphere of Venus by a Japanese orbiter.
Phosphine is considered a biomarker because it is difficult to make by ordinary chemical means.
15-09-2020 19:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
keepit wrote:
Phosphine discovered in the upper atmosphere of Venus by a Japanese orbiter.
Phosphine is considered a biomarker because it is difficult to make by ordinary chemical means.

Not really that difficult, considering the conditions on Venus. I do not consider this a biomarker.

Phosphorous acid can be prepared by reacting phosphorous with sulfuric acid (there is plenty of that in the clouds of Venus). From there, it is a simple process to convert that into phosphine through the action of strong sunlight or heat.

Apparently, there is enough phosphor on Venus to react with the sulfur there.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-09-2020 20:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I don't know much about chemistry, especially phosphine, except for what i just read on wikipedia. Wiki says that it takes a lot of energy to make phosphine .
What are you qualifications to say that phosphine is easy to make in venus's environment?
17-09-2020 00:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
I don't know much about chemistry, especially phosphine, except for what i just read on wikipedia. Wiki says that it takes a lot of energy to make phosphine .
What are you qualifications to say that phosphine is easy to make in venus's environment?

This is almost funny. A quick search suggests that why soda pop is so acid is because of phosphoric acid. That would be a byproduct of phosphine and aluminum.
This is interesting because legislation was passed in Arizona which was said to not be legal because of the way it was passed. There was legislation was being pursued to ban aluminum cans because they posed a health risk to humans. This would explain why.

Did a check and they say that a thin lining of plastic is in aluminum cans giving off BPA.

If anyone is an environmentalist, better filters for contaminants is needed. Yet some will say we can't make that cost effective. And if someone can do it, then prove them wrong. Why the US is falling apart.
Edited on 17-09-2020 00:43

Join the debate Phosphine:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact