Remember me
▼ Content

earths axis

earths axis17-02-2020 09:31
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Had a good read on our orbit and how the axis swings over time and then swings back.It affects the actual position of the Arctic and is being measured.It is moving North.I am not quoting figures but one of my suspicions was always the Earth is tilting

6. The Arctic Circle Is Shrinking
Nothing lasts forever. Slowly but surely, Earth's axial tilt is changing — and with it, the Arctic Circle. Every 40,000 years or so, this crucial tilt shifts from an angle of 22.1 degrees to a sharper 24.5-degree incline. Right now, we're in the middle of one such cycle. While that's going on, the boundary line that defines the Arctic Circle retreats by about 46 to 49 feet (14 to 15 meters) northward per year.

Remember Grimsey Island, the Icelandic outcrop we mentioned? Well, scientists project that the Arctic Circle will leave the island behind by about the year 2050. Locals are using a concrete ball weighing about 8.9 tons (8.16 metric tons) to mark its progress. Year by year, the sphere has moved to keep pace with the Arctic's receding circle.I learned to copy and paste.I find this is believable.Regards Duncan
17-02-2020 14:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
duncan61 wrote:I am not quoting figures but one of my suspicions was always the Earth is tilting

Currently a bit over 23 degrees.

duncan61 wrote:Remember Grimsey Island, the Icelandic outcrop we mentioned? Well, scientists project that the Arctic Circle will leave the island behind by about the year 2050. Locals are using a concrete ball weighing about 8.9 tons (8.16 metric tons) to mark its progress. Year by year, the sphere has moved to keep pace with the Arctic's receding circle.

I don't think there is really any reason to presume "the Arctic circle" is shrinking so much as the point of ice accumulation simply shifting/moving.

It's a neat idea for a marker, though.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Join the debate earths axis:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Patened enclosed vertical axis wind turbine. Seeking business partner.17229-12-2022 20:50
Earths Temperature114-08-2019 20:08
The Earths Magnetic North013-01-2014 14:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact