▼ Content

climate

Page 2 of 2<12
29-01-2024 07:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
keepit wrote:
itn,
You're the one that made the claim. Show your evidence.

Denying your own posts won't work, keepit. Attempted proof by Stone.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-01-2024 07:33
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
IBdaMann wrote:
Excellent points, Harvey. Once CO2 falls below a certain threshhold, plants simply begin to die. We should all know what the "tree line" is. There is still Co2 in the air, but not enough to sustain life in the trees.

So when there are no trees on the coast or in the desert, it is because the trees are being suffocated by too little CO2.
­

*whoosh!* Riiiiiiight over your head!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-01-2024 07:42
(21628)
keepit wrote:
Thanks for posting that.

So you admit you're a liar. Gotit.
keepit wrote:
It doesn't say anything about energy being created out of nothing.

Yes it does. You ignore the 1st law of thermodynamics, the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
keepit wrote:
It says that co2 slows the escape of thermal energy from the earth.

Not possible. You cannot slow heat. You cannot reduced entropy...ever. You are now ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.
keepit wrote:
As a result of the same amount of thermal energy from the sun arriving and slower rate of release from the earth, the thermal energy of the atmosphere goes up.

The Sun does not transmit thermal energy. It emits light. You cannot trap light. You are ignoring the Stefan-Boltzmann law and the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.
keepit wrote:
I don't see it as a difficult concept to understand.

Because you don't understand it at all.

* You cannot trap light.
* You cannot trap heat.
* You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
* CO2 is not a one-way trap door.
* You cannot create energy out of nothing.
* Temperature and radiance always moves in the same direction, never the inverse.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2024 07:43
(21628)
keepit wrote:
I'm not doing anything really. The temp is going up because the outflow of thermal energy is being slowed by co2. The inflow from the sun is the same.

* You cannot trap light.
* You cannot trap heat.

You are AGAIN ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2024 07:45
(21628)
keepit wrote:
No additional energy. The key issue is the slower release of thermal energy as a result increasing concentration of co2.

* You cannot trap light.
* You cannot trap heat.
* Temperature and radiance never move inversely.

You are ignoring the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-01-2024 07:46
29-01-2024 14:20
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

keepit wrote:
I'm not doing anything really. The temp is going up because the outflow of thermal energy is being slowed by co2. The inflow from the sun is the same.

Thank you.
It is so simple and sane, and I don't like to correct you, but actually it even looks like the average energy from the sun has been going a bit down for some decades:

Temperature vs Solar Activity
https://climate.nasa.gov/internal_resources/2502/
­

This confirms the CO2 effect and can trigger some thoughts about what will happen when solar activity increases again.

­
29-01-2024 16:38
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Jakob wrote:
­

keepit wrote:

Thank you.
It is so simple and sane, and I don't like to correct you, but actually it even looks like the average energy from the sun has been going a bit down for some decades:

­

This confirms the CO2 effect and can trigger some thoughts about what will happen when solar activity increases again.

­

And this shows that solar irradiance changes less than 1 watt m^2. https://www.climate.gov/media/13593
Edited on 29-01-2024 16:40
29-01-2024 18:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Jakob wrote:
­

keepit wrote:

Thank you.

­

­

This graph is a real eye opener! Yes, this absolutely confirms the CO2 effect, IF we can clear up one small issue. We know that satellites cannot measure temperature directly, so could you briefly explain how the temperature of the earth is known at any given time? Thanks in advance.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
29-01-2024 18:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Jacob,
I wasn't tying to be precise, just illustrate a principle. Re: temp of earth. I think they determine the temp by selecting a number of locations and measure the temp change in each from year to year. There are other methods however.
29-01-2024 22:17
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

GasGuzzler

­­I don't think it is unusual for a thermometer to be used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ef3a9nL_KI

keepit

Yes, it is a good idea to avoid as many complications as possible.
I tried to show this physics experiment earlier, but apparently it was also way too complicated to understand:

CO2 experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYfl45X1wo

­
29-01-2024 23:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
itn,
it seems as if you misunderstand the scientific principles you name. If you explained yourself, maybe someone could help you.
30-01-2024 04:41
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
keepit wrote:

Thank you.

­
­

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth or the global atmospheric content of CO2. Argument from randU fallacies. Random numbers are NOT data.
Jakob wrote:
­This confirms the CO2 effect and can trigger some thoughts about what will happen when solar activity increases again.
­

Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
* You cannot reduce entropy.
* You cannot trap heat.
* You cannot trap light.
* You cannot reduce radiance and increase temperature.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2024 04:43
(21628)
keepit wrote:
Jacob,
I wasn't tying to be precise, just illustrate a principle. Re: temp of earth. I think they determine the temp by selecting a number of locations and measure the temp change in each from year to year. There are other methods however.

Math errors: Failure to declare boundary. Failure to declare randX. Failure to declare and justify variance. Failure to select by randN. Failure to normalize by paired randR. Failure to calculate margin of error value. Failure to specify value or margin of error value.
Logic errors: Base rate fallacy. Argument from randU fallacy.

You are guessing, keepit.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2024 04:44
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­GasGuzzler

­­I don't think it is unusual for a thermometer to be used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ef3a9nL_KI

keepit

Yes, it is a good idea to avoid as many complications as possible.
I tried to show this physics experiment earlier, but apparently it was also way too complicated to understand:

CO2 experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeYfl45X1wo
­

I see you fell for the ole' parlor trick.

The Parrot Killer

30-01-2024 20:51
(21628)
keepit wrote:
itn,
it seems as if you misunderstand the scientific principles you name. If you explained yourself, maybe someone could help you.

You are just describing yourself again. You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.

The Parrot Killer

01-02-2024 13:42
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

keepit wrote:
itn,

He probably doesn't want to. It is more fun to use only what he has learned from bad playmates.
​https://youtu.be/ajporr5cNLQ?si=odpvtw1sIkoYSu5y

­
01-02-2024 20:41
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
keepit wrote:
itn,

He probably doesn't want to.

I already did, moron.
Jakob wrote:
­It is more fun to use only what he has learned from bad playmates.
​https://youtu.be/ajporr5cNLQ?si=odpvtw1sIkoYSu5y
­

Science isn't a 'playmate'.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2024 07:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
keepit wrote: I think they determine the temp by selecting a number of locations and measure the temp change in each from year to year.

You just made too many false claims, keepit. None of this yields the earth's average temperature to any usable accuracy? You aren't aware nobody in the history of humanity has ever computed earth's average global equilibrium temperature to any usable accuracy.

Since nobody has ever known the earth's average global equlibrium temperature to any usable accuracy, nobody has ever known if the earth's average global equilibrium temperature is increasing or decreasing to any usable accuracy.

keepit wrote: There are other methods however.

You're full of baloney, keepit. There aren't any methods.

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate climate:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact