Remember me
▼ Content

The USA electricity system - Hourly billing.?

Page 3 of 3<123
27-01-2024 23:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
GasGuzzler wrote:
The issue is not the meters.

No obviously not for you since you have had intelligent electricity meters for decades like you wrote.

Metering isn't uniform across the US, Jakob. Most metering is done by reading by hand or by a small radio transmitter transmitting to a truck driving by once a month.
Jakob wrote:
­So why don't you just show me the page where I can see the hourly prices you have to pay today.?

Billing is not hourly, Jakob. It's usually once a month.
Jakob wrote:
­The price in Denmark changes. Actually that is the point in hourly billing. Sometimes we can even earn money using electricity, because the price is negative.
­

There is no such thing as a negative price, Jakob.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-01-2024 23:20
(21628)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

GasGuzzler wrote:

The issue is not the meters.

No obviously not for you since you have had intelligent electricity meters for decades like you wrote.

So why don't you just show me the page where I can see the hourly prices you have to pay today.?

The price in Denmark changes. Actually that is the point in hourly billing. Sometimes we can even earn money using electricity, because the price is negative.

­

You just don't want to talk about lack of electricity production. I wouldn't either if I were you. This is my REC prices. Dirt cheap compared to communist Denmark.

, the on-peak energy is billed at a rate of $0.16/kilowatt-hour (KWH); the first 750 KWHs of the off-peak energy is billed at $0.08/KWH and any off-peak usage over 750 KWH is billed at $0.0649/kWh

Communism exists in every nation, including both the US and Denmark. It is more prevalent in Denmark, however, and yes...they have much more expensive electricity. Most of it is in taxes of various sorts (including tax by regulation).

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-01-2024 23:46
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­There is no way that I can stand in your way.

But you sure want to, don't ya?

No, but USA is Denmark's closest allied, so it is on my mind that you make the right choices for a good and sustainable future.
­

You should study English more. The word is 'ally', not 'allied'. No, Denmark is not the US's closest ally.

Metering does not create a single watt.

The Parrot Killer

27-01-2024 23:48
(21628)
IBdaMann wrote:
Jakob wrote:No, but USA is Denmark's closest allied, so it is on my mind that you make the right choices for a good and sustainable future.­

Then you should support drilling for petroleum and natural gas, earth's best renewable energy sources.

That they are! They are cheap, renewable, and pack a lot of power for their punch.

The Parrot Killer

27-01-2024 23:49
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­

Jakob wrote:
­
Here the consumers can see the raw hourly electricity prices in Denmark:
https://www.nordpoolgroup.com/en/Market-data1/Dayahead/Area-Prices/DK/Hourly/?view=table

DK1 is West-Denmark.
­­

Tonight the price is negative.

I love windmills and the open free market for electricity with hourly billing system.

­

Denmark does not have an open free market for electricity.
The cost of producing electricity is never negative.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 00:57
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

Jakob wrote:
­
https://www.nordpoolgroup.com/en/Market-data1/Dayahead/Area-Prices/DK/Hourly/?view=table

DK1 is West-Denmark.
­­

I love windmills and the open free market for electricity with hourly billing system.

­

One day electricity might become like the internet or cellular service. A lot of them will use the same infrastructure while offering different levels of service.
And this might be like choosing how your energy is generated if available.
28-01-2024 01:07
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

IBdaMann wrote:
Jakob wrote:And otherwise, I don't think you need to feel sorry for the fact that the unemployed can save a penny that the sandwich maid can't because she works.

This is wrong. The sandwich maid is adding value to society and should be rewarded, not penalized, for doing so. The unemployed who are not adding value should not be rewarded for their lack of value added.

I can only disagree.
If the unemployed stands up and washes his clothes in the middle of the night, then he is also working. He also contributes to the electricity price being lower for others during prime time.
And if the shilling he saves is used for sandwiches, then the sandwich maiden also profits from him.
If you don't have an eye for such economic connections, it makes everyone poorer.

Conclusion: You will all be more poor than you need to be, when you don't have an hourly billing system for electricity.

­
28-01-2024 01:16
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

And then there were all the fact-denying parrot screams that no one should waste time on, and where did we then come from.?

Oh yes, this:

GasGuzzler wrote:
I did know this sad bit of news. The world shut down for COVID, and governments, including ours, paid people to sit on their assets and produce nothing, while collecting help for their utility bills. Total bullshit.

That was a big part of the 1.4 trillion . It was not to prop up a business that would otherwise fail. Wind and solar, on the other hand, need to be propped up or they will fail. For what they produce, they are way too expensive.

...but this is all pretty stupid to waste time on when you still have not described in your own words how CO2 warms the earth. Are you capable of that?

Why do you think it was COVID when they write that it was Russia's invasion of Ukraine.?
Was it just too much to ask you to red the first two lines of the documentation.?

https://www.energypolicytracker.org/G20-fossil-fuel-support/
The 2022 energy price crisis, brought about by Russia's invasion of Ukraine, has catapulted public financial support for fossil fuels to new levels. G20 governments were quick to cushion the effects of peaking fossil fuel prices and bolster energy supplies, providing a staggering USD 1.4 trillion in the form of subsidies, investments by state-owned enterprises (SOEs), and lending from public financial institutions (PFIs). While much of this was support for consumers, around one third (USD 440 billion) was driving investment in new fossil fuel production.

(USD 440 billion) was driving investment in new fossil fuel production.

You could have bought a lot of windmills for that amount of money.
And the price on wind is pretty stable.

I see you also forgot to think about this documentation:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/the-usa-electricity-system-hourly-billing--d9-e4787-s40.php#post_101554

I could tell you about CO2 but it is not the subject, and I would like you to realize that changing the billing system and switching to renewable energy makes very good sense even without the CO2 problem.

­
28-01-2024 05:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14450)
Jakob wrote: I can only disagree.
If the unemployed stands up and washes his clothes in the middle of the night, then he is also working.

Incorrect. He is not adding value. The man that goes to the beach to pound sand is working but is not adding value.

Jakob wrote: He also contributes to the electricity price being lower for others during prime time.

Nope.

Jakob wrote: And if the shilling he saves is used for sandwiches, then the sandwich maiden also profits from him.

Irrelevant.

Jakob wrote: If you don't have an eye for such economic connections, it makes everyone poorer.

Learn economics. What Marxists teach you is not economics.

­[/quote]
28-01-2024 08:01
(21628)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

Jakob wrote:
­

DK1 is West-Denmark.
­­

­

One day electricity might become like the internet or cellular service.

Electrical supply is not a communications service.
James_ wrote:
A lot of them will use the same infrastructure

It does not use the same infrastructure.
James_ wrote:
while offering different levels of service.

Already available. Most homes have 100A or 200A service, some businesses have a higher amperage service. Then the power company comes out to install the service, they will install the appropriate transformer for your service AND install the secondary lines to your service entrance. All the builder has to do is provide a valid service entrance.
James_ wrote:
And this might be like choosing how your energy is generated if available.

Watts are watts. They get distributed to everyone that wants them.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 08:07
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
IBdaMann wrote:
Jakob wrote:And otherwise, I don't think you need to feel sorry for the fact that the unemployed can save a penny that the sandwich maid can't because she works.

This is wrong. The sandwich maid is adding value to society and should be rewarded, not penalized, for doing so. The unemployed who are not adding value should not be rewarded for their lack of value added.

I can only disagree.

Of course.
Jakob wrote:
­If the unemployed stands up and washes his clothes in the middle of the night, then he is also working.

Not for pay. They are unemployed.
Jakob wrote:
­He also contributes to the electricity price being lower for others during prime time.

Laundry does not create electrical power.
Jakob wrote:
­And if the shilling he saves is used for sandwiches,

Sandwiches do not create electrical power.
Jakob wrote:
­then the sandwich maiden also profits from him.

No, she doesn't.
Jakob wrote:
­If you don't have an eye for such economic connections, it makes everyone poorer.

It is not possible to make everyone poorer. Math error: attempted use of relative as absolute.
Jakob wrote:
­Conclusion: You will all be more poor than you need to be, when you don't have an hourly billing system for electricity.

Billing systems do not create electricity and do not make anyone richer (other than the power company conducting the billing). It doesn't matter whether billing is hourly or monthly, except the costs associated with processing the billing cycle (which is far higher for hourly).

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 08:10
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­And then there were all the fact-denying parrot screams that no one should waste time on, and where did we then come from.?

Learn what 'fact' means. YOU are the parrot. You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.
Jakob wrote:
­
Oh yes, this:
*repetition removed*
­

Mindless chanting gets you nowhere.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 14:13
James_
★★★★★
(2238)
Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­And then there were all the fact-denying parrot screams that no one should waste time on, and where did we then come from.?

Learn what 'fact' means. YOU are the parrot. You cannot project YOUR problems on anybody else.
Jakob wrote:
­
Oh yes, this:
*repetition removed*
­

Mindless chanting gets you nowhere.

ITN, You need to remember who you're talking too [quote]Jakob wrote:[b] ?[quote][b]Jakob wrote:
­

Now if you'll just discuss how not using hourly billing is a commie plot to take over the world. You need to stay on topic and keep it simple cause he's right ya know. And how do I know he's right? Because he said so.
­
28-01-2024 15:54
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Parrot Behavior is typical that the parrot does not know who it is quoting or why. It just does it over and over without any deeper understanding beyond a hope of getting attention.
So I will calmly let the readers judge who is the parrot here.

James

About staying on the subject. I don't expect people to do it because I say so.
It is a nice thing to do for the subject starter but it is even more about showing a little respect to the owner of the forum.
We are all guests here. You could compare it to a house where the owner has prepared a dinner table and a dance floor and some extra toilets for the guests.
Then of course it is fair to expect the guest not to dance on the dinner table and so on. I hope you get the picture.

­
28-01-2024 16:08
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

IBdaMann wrote:
If the unemployed stands up and washes his clothes in the middle of the night, then he is also working.

Incorrect. He is not adding value.

He works and adds value because he makes electricity cheaper for everyone.
But in a banana republic or a communist monthly billing system, his good behavior will not be rewarded with a penny.

­
28-01-2024 21:34
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­Parrot Behavior is typical that the parrot does not know who it is quoting or why. It just does it over and over without any deeper understanding beyond a hope of getting attention.
So I will calmly let the readers judge who is the parrot here.
­

The parrot is YOU, Jakob. You are just chanting.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 21:36
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
IBdaMann wrote:

Incorrect. He is not adding value.

He works and adds value because he makes electricity cheaper for everyone.

Doing laundry does not add value. It does not create wealth of any kind. It does not save electricity or create electricity. The cost to produce electricity is the same.
Jakob wrote:
­But in a banana republic or a communist monthly billing system, his good behavior will not be rewarded with a penny.
­

Bananas are not a form of government. A billing system is not communism.
Redefinition fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

28-01-2024 22:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Hourly billing is a scam. It gives the provider free-rein to charge anything, anytime. How many customers will get together month, and compare their bills, hour-by-hour? Lot a numbers to look at. And of course, it'll be hard to get a group together that have the same usage for a comparison. Basically anytime you turn on a light, could be consider for peak-rates. We all get a meter, which we can read for our selves every month. Which we can compare to the usage we are charge for. Hourly billing removes oversight. Basically reducing the customers to paying what's on the bill, with no operatunity to question or dispute.
28-01-2024 23:22
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

HarveyH55

You have a point about checking the bill, it is complicated, but all data are logged, and I don't think they can cheat without being caught.
In Denmark, it is also a fact that almost no matter how little consideration you take of prime time and low prices, hourly billing is still cheaper than a fixed subscription.
When Russia invaded Ukraine, electricity prices skyrocketed, and in that situation some people were happy that they had not chosen hourly billing. But it also happened that an electricity company ran away from the agreement and raised the price anyway.

­
29-01-2024 03:08
(21628)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hourly billing is a scam. It gives the provider free-rein to charge anything, anytime. How many customers will get together month, and compare their bills, hour-by-hour? Lot a numbers to look at. And of course, it'll be hard to get a group together that have the same usage for a comparison. Basically anytime you turn on a light, could be consider for peak-rates. We all get a meter, which we can read for our selves every month. Which we can compare to the usage we are charge for. Hourly billing removes oversight. Basically reducing the customers to paying what's on the bill, with no operatunity to question or dispute.

Good point.

The Parrot Killer

29-01-2024 03:12
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­HarveyH55

You have a point about checking the bill, it is complicated, but all data are logged, and I don't think they can cheat without being caught.

Data is 'logged' only by the billing agency, which means the fox is guarding the henhouse.
Jakob wrote:
­In Denmark, it is also a fact that almost no matter how little consideration you take of prime time and low prices, hourly billing is still cheaper than a fixed subscription.

No, it is not.
Jakob wrote:
­When Russia invaded Ukraine, electricity prices skyrocketed,

You can't blame high fuel prices on Russia invading Ukraine, since prices rose BEFORE the invasion. Stop making shit up.
Jakob wrote:
­and in that situation some people were happy that they had not chosen hourly billing. But it also happened that an electricity company ran away from the agreement and raised the price anyway.

Billing frequency means nothing. It does not create electricity.
Billing frequency is not the price.

Redefinition fallacies.
Repetition fallacies (chanting).

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 29-01-2024 03:12
29-01-2024 22:34
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

Into the Night wrote:
Data is 'logged' only by the billing agency, which means the fox is guarding the henhouse.

That sounds very Banana Republican.
So I guess that is another good reason for you to change the system, and make room for the open market with free competition and hourly billing.

­
30-01-2024 03:21
(5197)
Jakob wrote:
­

HarveyH55

In Denmark, it is also a fact that almost no matter how little consideration you take of prime time and low prices, hourly billing is still cheaper than a fixed subscription.
When Russia invaded Ukraine, electricity prices skyrocketed, and in that situation some people were happy that they had not chosen hourly billing. But it also happened that an electricity company ran away from the agreement and raised the price anyway.

­

The average consumer isn't going to catch them. A group neighbors aren't likely to get together every month and compare 24 hourly readings X 30 days = 720 usage/rate numbers, trying to find irregularities. How many are going to dispute a few dollars over maybe over-billed. But, a few dollars, from 10s of thousands of customers is good profit... If caught, they only have to offer refunds to those who can show how they were over-billed. Lot of work for the consumer, to maybe recover a few dollars/month. Even if 20% of their customers request refunds, they still made good money. Only way the electric companies get caught/harmed in the scheme, is if they get greedy.
30-01-2024 20:52
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
Into the Night wrote:

That sounds very Banana Republican.
So I guess that is another good reason for you to change the system, and make room for the open market with free competition and hourly billing.
­

Bananas aren't a form of government.
Fascism is not capitalism.

Redefinition fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

02-02-2024 00:38
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

HarveyH55 wrote:
The average consumer isn't going to catch them. A group neighbors aren't likely to get together every month and compare 24 hourly readings X 30 days = 720 usage/rate numbers, trying to find irregularities. How many are going to dispute a few dollars over maybe over-billed. But, a few dollars, from 10s of thousands of customers is good profit... If caught, they only have to offer refunds to those who can show how they were over-billed. Lot of work for the consumer, to maybe recover a few dollars/month. Even if 20% of their customers request refunds, they still made good money. Only way the electric companies get caught/harmed in the scheme, is if they get greedy.

I don't know why you need a group of neighbors.
If you distrust an electricity company, then you can simply complain to the authorities and/or switch to another one.?

That is how the open market works in Denmark.

And if it is the electricity meter you suspect then it is the grid company.

­
02-02-2024 02:05
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
HarveyH55 wrote:

He just explained why, moron.
Jakob wrote:
If you distrust an electricity company, then you can simply complain to the authorities and/or switch to another one.?

Lawsuits work too.
Jakob wrote:

There isn't one.
Jakob wrote:

There is no such thing as a 'grid company'. Grid operators do not install, maintain, or read electrical meters in home and businesses.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-02-2024 02:08
02-02-2024 03:11
(5197)
Jakob wrote:
­

HarveyH55 wrote:

­

How else would you know your rate, is the same as others? What would you base a complaint on? You 'feel' you were charged too much? Never lived in a city were you had a choice of utility companies.
02-02-2024 20:06
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

HarveyH55 wrote:
How else would you know your rate, is the same as others? What would you base a complaint on? You 'feel' you were charged too much? Never lived in a city were you had a choice of utility companies.

Isn't that something that you think should be changed.?

If there is only one power company and it is not even closely monitored by the authorities, then it must be a banana republic or fascism and not communism.

On this Danish page, if you enter your postcode (e.g. 7700), you can see the electricity companies competing for customers in this local area:

https://elpris.dk

https://elpris.dk/#/article/om_elpris
Google translation:
The Danish Supply Authority is behind Elpris.dk. The Danish Supply Authority is a public, independent authority which, among other things, monitors parts of the energy market.

In Denmark, it costs $22 to complain about a bill, and if the decision is upheld, you get the money back.
Loved and hated, it can probably be called a social democratic political system.

­
02-02-2024 20:52
(21628)
Jakob wrote:
­
HarveyH55 wrote:

Isn't that something that you think should be changed.?

If there is only one power company and it is not even closely monitored by the authorities, then it must be a banana republic or fascism and not communism.

Fruit is not a form of government, Jakob. Forms of economy is not a form of government either.
­
Jakob wrote:
­On this Danish page, if you enter your postcode (e.g. 7700), you can see the electricity companies competing for customers in this local area:

https://elpris.dk

https://elpris.dk/#/article/om_elpris

Google translation:
The Danish Supply Authority is behind Elpris.dk. The Danish Supply Authority is a public, independent authority which, among other things, monitors parts of the energy market.

In Denmark, it costs $22 to complain about a bill, and if the decision is upheld, you get the money back.
Loved and hated, it can probably be called a social democratic political system.
­

The current form of government in Denmark is officially a dictatorship, but it now operates as an oligarchy.
An oligarchy is not a democracy.

The Parrot Killer

Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate The USA electricity system - Hourly billing.?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Project for the production of electricity324-04-2024 16:04
The new USA electric tank, the dumbest invention in the history of warfare005-01-2024 15:27
Palestinians are now murdering Jews in the USA. FBI does nothing as usual, lock and load412-11-2023 15:30
Electricity1907-08-2023 19:11
USD US Dollar, USA United States Are Deserved To Be Gone Forever !220-07-2023 22:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact