Remember me
▼ Content

Fast recovery of thick Arctic ice

Page 10 of 11<<<891011>
03-02-2018 03:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote: You're a jerk, Wake, as all bigots are.

What a sissy little pantywaist.

WAAAAAAHH! You cry like a little child, Wake. You're a bigot. You can choose to drop this behavior, or you can be condemned by society as a bigot.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-02-2018 03:31
(21552)
Wake wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...you haven't learned anything ...
I learned that "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" was an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener.

Cried the coward who tried to pass himself off as an Indian but who like James has so many generations between him and the last Indian, or more likely the ONLY Indian in his family tree, that there isn't one single trace of DNA left.

But he can take pride in that instead of the drunken sailor who spent a night with his mother resulting in himself.

Wake,
I can't even answer what you posted. It's just too disgusting. I just can't stoop down to your level. But I guess if that's all that you have, run with it :-)

Hell, you've been running with your "experiment" thing forever. What's the difference?

James has never run the experiment. He just talks about it. I don't think he has ever clearly stated the theory he is testing, either.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 03-02-2018 03:32
03-02-2018 04:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...you haven't learned anything ...
I learned that "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" was an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' stutterin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener.

Cried the coward who tried to pass himself off as an Indian but who like James has so many generations between him and the last Indian, or more likely the ONLY Indian in his family tree, that there isn't one single trace of DNA left.

But he can take pride in that instead of the drunken sailor who spent a night with his mother resulting in himself.

Your bigotry is showing again, Wake.

I, for one, tend to believe litebeer's claim of Indian heritage. He has much to be proud about of that heritage. The tribes in this area have had largely peaceful relations with people in the Puget Sound area.

I have often thought the same thing about Litebeer and his ancestors, but can't help but wonder what on Earth they might think of him.
03-02-2018 04:32
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

I, for one, tend to believe litebeer's claim of Indian heritage. He has much to be proud about of that heritage. The tribes in this area have had largely peaceful relations with people in the Puget Sound area.

I have often thought the same thing about Litebeer and his ancestors, but can't help but wonder what on Earth they might think of him.

Probably about the same thing as most people here think of him.

Litebeer is an unusual sort of believer in the Church of Global Warming. He figures that it is his solemn duty to report random numbers as if they were data of some kind. Most people have found that trying to divert him from this course is like trying to stop a supertanker with a stuck helm.

His oddball language is nothing like anyone else in the tribes around here speak in. It is unique to him alone. Most people have found it too tedious to work their way through it for very long.

In brief, litebeer's problems are his own problems, not that of any relationship or heritage he has.

Wake's bigotry is insulting and tiresome. His occasional references to violent tendencies are not that of a sensible man. Depending on who you talk to in the psychoquackery biz, some of these guys would label such behavior as 'manic', possibly depressed or bipolar. I tend to give such labels little regard. I just think he's a jerk because he's a bigot.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2018 06:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Into the Night wrote:
His oddball language is nothing like anyone else in the tribes around here speak in. It is unique to him alone.

Mmmmm. I don't think it's so original. Remember Uncle Remus?
Attached image:

Edited on 03-02-2018 06:41
03-02-2018 17:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote: Apparently he's also too stupid to realize there is no such thing as an 'indian', 'white', or 'black' DNA.

More "science" from the man who brought us "IR is not light".

More invention of "bigotry" because truth is told. Of course jack the ass could simply go to Ancestry.com to discover that all social groups have separate mixes of genes in their DNA and can be easily identified.

But Dr. Science (nightmare) is getting all sciency on us again.
03-02-2018 17:50
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

I have no doubt that litebrain has whatever heritage he claims. I, however, do not think that these claims have anything to do with raising one individual above another as he seems to think. Likewise I hold no enmity against James and his claim. I simply want him to realize that whatever his ancestors did was their works and not his.

I am from Croatian ancestry. Should I brag that my forefather killed thousands of people moving from Asia to eastern Europe? Of what importance is it in my life that the Romans murdered hundreds of Slavs in their games? Or that my mother's father was a member of the Austrian aristocracy? In pictures I have of him he is nothing special. This is a free country in which all are equal. That means that litebrain, James and nightmare haven't anything to rely upon except their own works; good or bad.

And as far as I can see the only one that realizes that is James. He may be screwed up in the way he is going about it but he is going about it. I think that a large part of his problems are that he has been very sick and can't do much himself. He is blaming the people around him for his condition far too much and himself far too little. Genetic problems are hardly his fault but neither are they those of the doctors he chose.

nightmare wants people to respect him for his intelligence but you don't show intelligence by denying the most well tested science in the world. My God, he thinks that coal, oil and natural gas appeared as if by magic! He doesn't understand DNA and makes stupid statements about it. Does he think that black skin just happens by magic as well? That my brown skin isn't inherited?

Intelligence does not appear to be inherited. Einstein's children and grandchildren do not appear to have been particularly intelligent. So perhaps that is only the happenstance of fate. All of my relatives appear to be of normal intelligence which might perhaps be a blessing while my IQ is 140. I could have gone in a different direction and been nothing more than a railroad worker my whole life but I wasn't built that way.

So your life as a father and a husband and a middle class worker could be just as productive. And just as important to this world as anything I ever did and you can have things in your life to be just as proud of and every bit as important to the world as anything I or even Einstein accomplished.

litebrain accidentally wrote a straight out posting. It was intelligently composed but as soon as he realized that someone disagreed with his treatise he was off on his lunatic rant again. To disagree that you can tell anything at all about climate by 70 years of ice field data broke his mind.
03-02-2018 21:18
James_
★★★★★
(2114)
Into the Night wrote:

James has never run the experiment. He just talks about it. I don't think he has ever clearly stated the theory he is testing, either.

ITN,
I've been in the hospital since January 15th. I have been told that my expected discharge date is February 13th. After that I may still need another month to recover from surgery.
I do have another project that I am working on. And since I have applied for Social Security Disability Insurance since I haven't been able to work since May 2015, I might wait for that.
If I want people to take my work seriously then I do need to show through my work that I take it seriously as well.
And while I am recovering at home, I'll be able to start looking for a job. Social Security Disability Insurance isn't guaranteed.

@Wake,
I let my SSDI case worker know to look at the claim that I filed in 2016 and what is being said now. My surgeon now states that I needed surgery for Radiation Proctitis several years ago and yet in 2016 my medical records his office sent to the Social Security Administration did not mention that I had Radiation Proctitis.
You get Radiation Proctitis from being treated for cancer.
It's not that I have bad genes as you claim.
03-02-2018 22:25
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James_ wrote: It's not that I have bad genes as you claim.

James, why do you continue attempting to start a fight by purposely misrepresenting what I said? Tell me - why did you require treatment for cancer of the prostate gland? Do you suppose someone slipped you a chalk pill?

It has nothing to do with your character if your genetic make-up doesn't include a perfect immune system.
03-02-2018 22:36
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
His oddball language is nothing like anyone else in the tribes around here speak in. It is unique to him alone.

Mmmmm. I don't think it's so original. Remember Uncle Remus?

Good point. However, I know of no one else among the indians around here that speaks like that.

I still say litebeer has his own unique problems with his language, even if it was inspired by Uncle Remus.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2018 22:45
(21552)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote: Apparently he's also too stupid to realize there is no such thing as an 'indian', 'white', or 'black' DNA.

More "science" from the man who brought us "IR is not light".

Infrared is light. You are making shit up again, liar.
Wake wrote:
More invention of "bigotry" because truth is told.

Bigotry is not an 'invention'. Bigotry is a compositional error involving people as the class. A compositional error made by improperly extending a property of an element in a class across the entire class or to the class itself.

One makes a compositional error when they say all grass is green (some of it is brown). 'green' is the property (the color) and 'grass' is the class.

If the class involves people, what you have is bigotry. If the property being extended is a physical trait involving lineage, what you have is racism.

Wake wrote:
Of course jack the ass could simply go to Ancestry.com to discover that all social groups have separate mixes of genes in their DNA and can be easily identified.

Now look at what you just said...a MIX of genes. There is no such thing as a 'pure' race.
Wake wrote:
But Dr. Science (nightmare) is getting all sciency on us again.

No, it is YOU trying to justify your bigotry (and now racism).

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2018 23:20
(21552)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

I have no doubt that litebrain has whatever heritage he claims. I, however, do not think that these claims have anything to do with raising one individual above another as he seems to think. Likewise I hold no enmity against James and his claim. I simply want him to realize that whatever his ancestors did was their works and not his.

The arguments you are presenting disagree with this paragraph. I don't think you know what you are arguing.
Wake wrote:
I am from Croatian ancestry.

Big deal. That seems important to you. Personally, I don't care.
Wake wrote:
Should I brag that my forefather killed thousands of people moving from Asia to eastern Europe?

It does seem important to you.
Wake wrote:
Of what importance is it in my life that the Romans murdered hundreds of Slavs in their games?

Apparently a lot. You brought it up.
Wake wrote:
Or that my mother's father was a member of the Austrian aristocracy?

Apparently a lot. You brought it up. I don't think anyone else really cares.
Wake wrote:
In pictures I have of him he is nothing special.

What did you expect? Someone dressed up in a Austrian court outfit?
Wake wrote:
This is a free country in which all are equal.

But we are not. The 'all men are equal' refers to the fact that no royalty or noble titles are recognized in the United States. Men are born into a variety of circumstances. Some have access to better education or certain types of life experiences closed to others, and they differ whether your family is rich or poor. People have different levels of initiative and drive. They have different intelligence. They have different physical skills. Some are deformed or handicapped in some way. Others are not.

Men are not equal. Men are only equal in title or nobility. None are recognized by any law in the United States.

Wake wrote:
That means that litebrain, James and nightmare haven't anything to rely upon except their own works; good or bad.

WRONG. See above.
Wake wrote:
And as far as I can see the only one that realizes that is James. He may be screwed up in the way he is going about it but he is going about it. I think that a large part of his problems are that he has been very sick and can't do much himself. He is blaming the people around him for his condition far too much and himself far too little. Genetic problems are hardly his fault but neither are they those of the doctors he chose.

See above.
Wake wrote:
nightmare wants people to respect him for his intelligence but you don't show intelligence by denying the most well tested science in the world.

It is YOU that is denying theories of science. Inversion fallacy.
Wake wrote:
My God, he thinks that coal, oil and natural gas appeared as if by magic!

Never said this. I have described how oil and natural gas form. Coal we simply don't know (yet).
Wake wrote:
He doesn't understand DNA and makes stupid statements about it.

It is YOU that doesn't understand genetics. No one understands the DNA code sequence. We have a few tiny bits, but that's all. None define 'race'. We do not know why one sequence is expressed more than another yet. DNA contains the skin tone of all 'races'. The mechanism for why genetic traits are expressed over others following a line of lineage is still unknown.

It's a difficult study, since there is no such thing as a 'pure' race (not even if you're German!). Everyone is a mix of different races.
Wake wrote:
Does he think that black skin just happens by magic as well?

You are being ridiculous. Darker skin (it's not actually black) is a dominant expression of a gene in many cases.
Wake wrote:
That my brown skin isn't inherited?

It is. Genetics is not just DNA. It is how the DNA is expressed. All men have the DNA to form melanin.
Wake wrote:
Intelligence does not appear to be inherited.

It can be. It doesn't have to be.
Wake wrote:
Einstein's children and grandchildren do not appear to have been particularly intelligent.

Define 'intelligence'. They didn't become mathematicians like their father, but they are intelligent on their own grounds.
Wake wrote:
So perhaps that is only the happenstance of fate.

Professions are not inherited.
Wake wrote:
All of my relatives appear to be of normal intelligence which might perhaps be a blessing while my IQ is 140.

IQ numbers are pretty meaningless. They only show the results of a test, not intelligence. It is not possible to summarize 'intelligence' as a single number.
Wake wrote:
I could have gone in a different direction and been nothing more than a railroad worker

What's wrong with railroad workers? I happen to like railroads. I even worked on railroads. They can be fun. Ours even used a couple of steam engines. Great machines, those things. Very clever bits of mechanical engineering can be found in those.
Wake wrote:
my whole life but I wasn't built that way.

Your whole life has never experienced the fun of working on a railroad, that's for sure.
Wake wrote:
So your life as a father and a husband and a middle class worker could be just as productive.

Define 'productive'. Is a theoretical mathematician productive? How about a railroad worker? What about a philanthropist? How about a gambler? An investor? A clerk at a drivers licensing office? A criminal? An expert video game competitor? An expert football player? A truck driver? A climate 'scientist'?
Wake wrote:
And just as important to this world as anything I ever did and you can have things in your life to be just as proud of and every bit as important to the world as anything I or even Einstein accomplished.

Not likely. A lot has to do with circumstance, initiative and drive, what kind of family you get born into (are abusive parents as good as loving parents?), your personal choices (let's see...getting a job or drugs...let me see...), and many factors that would take too long to list here.
Wake wrote:
litebrain accidentally wrote a straight out posting. It was intelligently composed but as soon as he realized that someone disagreed with his treatise he was off on his lunatic rant again. To disagree that you can tell anything at all about climate by 70 years of ice field data broke his mind.

The same could be said for you, Wake. The second someone disagrees with you, you go off on a 'lunatic' rant just like litebeer. It just takes a different form, that's all. Instead of wandering into gibberish, you just start insulting people and threatening them with violence.

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2018 23:22
(21552)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

ITN,
I've been in the hospital since January 15th. I have been told that my expected discharge date is February 13th. After that I may still need another month to recover from surgery.
I do have another project that I am working on. And since I have applied for Social Security Disability Insurance since I haven't been able to work since May 2015, I might wait for that.
If I want people to take my work seriously then I do need to show through my work that I take it seriously as well.
And while I am recovering at home, I'll be able to start looking for a job. Social Security Disability Insurance isn't guaranteed.

Okay. We've established that. What has this to do with your ability to clearly state a theory you want to test? What is that theory? Can you state it here?

The Parrot Killer

03-02-2018 23:24
(21552)
Wake wrote:
James_ wrote: It's not that I have bad genes as you claim.

James, why do you continue attempting to start a fight by purposely misrepresenting what I said? Tell me - why did you require treatment for cancer of the prostate gland? Do you suppose someone slipped you a chalk pill?

It has nothing to do with your character if your genetic make-up doesn't include a perfect immune system.

No one has a perfect immune system. It's pretty remarkable despite that, though.

The Parrot Killer

04-02-2018 02:17
James_
★★★★★
(2114)
Into the Night wrote:

Okay. We've established that. What has this to do with your ability to clearly state a theory you want to test? What is that theory? Can you state it here?

I'm going to wait until I finish my other project. Until then I should focus on getting healthy again. I do owe it to myself to do what I can to be prepared to have a life again.

ITN,
After I finish my other project and start actually pursuing my experiment I could always come back in here and discuss it. If the experiment is successful it will probably get a lot of people asking questions and reconsidering things. And I know I've told you that discussing different things in here has helped me to better understand how it relates to other things. But until I can put myself in a good position to pursue it I doubt my reasons for considering it will be met with a lot of skepticism. That's something to be expected so right now patience is the word of the day.

James
Edited on 04-02-2018 02:35
04-02-2018 18:02
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:......FAB
(2) to descend even further, now to 4degC over average temperature on the High Arctic region over nearly 4 million square kilometers.
FAB
(2) slips to 3+degC over the average temp on the High Arctic. HOWEVER, a relatively small, but quite warm weather system has been slowly proceeding into the High Arctic from eastern siberia. This system may halt continuing FAB
(2) temperature drops. However, it is small, so its long term viability in a region of 24 hr/day of darkness could be limited. Conversely, a support warm region that IS in eastern siberia, is very warm, with spot temperatures even exceeding 25 degC over average temperatures of eastern siberia.
Meanwhile, FAB
(2) extends to 165 days in length, now ~ 4 times longer than over-temperature High Arctic periods of the late 1950s & early 1960s, & only ~ 70 days less than that displayed by FAB
(1), ending in May(?) 2017.
The warm system proceeds further towards the North Pole. Now, High Arctic temperatures rise, such that FAB
(2) extends to 170 days in length & rises to 7degC over average.
04-02-2018 23:36
(21552)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I'm going to wait until I finish my other project. Until then I should focus on getting healthy again. I do owe it to myself to do what I can to be prepared to have a life again.

ITN,
After I finish my other project and start actually pursuing my experiment I could always come back in here and discuss it. If the experiment is successful it will probably get a lot of people asking questions and reconsidering things. And I know I've told you that discussing different things in here has helped me to better understand how it relates to other things. But until I can put myself in a good position to pursue it I doubt my reasons for considering it will be met with a lot of skepticism. That's something to be expected so right now patience is the word of the day.

James

Conducting an experiment without a purpose is rather a waste of time, don't you think?

The purpose of an experiment, after all, is to test a theory. Again...what is the theory that you are desiring to test?

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 04-02-2018 23:37
05-02-2018 06:34
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:......FAB
(2) to descend even further, now to 4degC over average temperature on the High Arctic region over nearly 4 million square kilometers.
FAB
(2) slips to 3+degC over the average temp on the High Arctic. HOWEVER, a relatively small, but quite warm weather system has been slowly proceeding into the High Arctic from eastern siberia. This system may halt continuing FAB
(2) temperature drops. However, it is small, so its long term viability in a region of 24 hr/day of darkness could be limited. Conversely, a support warm region that IS in eastern siberia, is very warm, with spot temperatures even exceeding 25 degC over average temperatures of eastern siberia.
Meanwhile, FAB
(2) extends to 165 days in length, now ~ 4 times longer than over-temperature High Arctic periods of the late 1950s & early 1960s, & only ~ 70 days less than that displayed by FAB
(1), ending in May(?) 2017.
The warm system proceeds further towards the North Pole. Now, High Arctic temperatures rise, such that FAB
(2) extends to 170 days in length & rises to 7degC over average.
FAB
(2) continues its rise to 8degC over average. Possibly the warm system is passing the North Pole & the High Arctic might NOT continue warming & even fall in temperature.
05-02-2018 17:55
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: FAB
(2) continues its rise to 8degC over average.
Tho the warm region now over the the North Pole region is considerably smaller than the nearly 4 million square kilometer High Arctic, it presently drives the 8degC over-temperature of FAB
(2). That is because the warm system has large area temperatures that are 20degC over-average & spot area temperatures, 27degC(more?) over the average.
This FAB
(2) appears to have an inside track to become the second FAB
() to extend past 200 days of existence. We'll see.
Edited on 05-02-2018 18:01
05-02-2018 22:53
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
(2) continues its rise to 8degC over average.
Tho the warm region now over the the North Pole is considerably smaller than the nearly 4 million square kilometer High Arctic, it presently drives the 8degC over-temperature of FAB
(2). That is because the warm system has large area temperatures that are 20degC over-average & spot area temperatures, 27degC(more?) over the average.
This FAB
(2) appears to have an inside track to become the second FAB
() to extend past 200 days of existence. We'll see.
FAB
(2) over the High Arctic has exploded to 15+degC over average temperature, one of the higher temperatures of the past decade & possibly surpassed only by the High Arctic heat of fall 2016.
As mentioned in posts above, the fairly small warm area that moved to the North Pole has gained support from the very warm siberian area, that has moved north, to join the warm area. The spot area 27(+?)degC over-temperatures very near the North Pole are no longer spot temperatures(thanks to the siberian). Yes, the confirmation of past posts, were lucky coincidences. But, may not be TOTALLY LUCKY, because southern AGW generated heat is often driven(or drawn) into the High Arctic. The LUCK is that the hot spots have moved directly to the North Pole. It does appear that the long enduring cold over almost all of Canada is now reinforced by cold Arctic air being driven south by the heat wave driven into North Pole & High Arctic. Yes, indeed, the long Canadian cold has intermittently pushed into the U.S. this winter & chillin' thangs right now.
Of course, old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiners don' beliet all this'n, but tha's OK. They's don' count, no way, 'cause their AGW denier liar whiner math don' count, no right way.
Edited on 05-02-2018 23:04
06-02-2018 04:11
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
(2) over the High Arctic has exploded to 15+degC over average temperature, one of the higher temperatures of the past decade & possibly surpassed only by the High Arctic heat of fall 2016.
As mentioned in posts above, the fairly small warm area that moved to the North Pole has gained support from the very warm siberian area, that has moved north, to join the warm area. The spot area 27(+?)degC over-temperatures very near the North Pole are no longer spot temperatures(thanks to the siberian). Yes, the confirmation of past posts, were lucky coincidences. But, may not be TOTALLY LUCKY, because southern AGW generated heat is often driven(or drawn) into the High Arctic. The LUCK is that the hot spots have moved directly to the North Pole.
FAB
(2) over the High Arctic continues to rise, now to 16degC over average temperature.
08-02-2018 08:51
ayush_somani212
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Green Revolution - Action Against Climate Change is an Initiative by ICCE.
Cause Supported by United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Resource Support by NASA Climate Change & World Bank Institute.
Please help in saving the planet by sparing 20 seconds of your time by filling this quick 5 question survey.
https://goo.gl/kfMxbD
08-02-2018 16:54
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
ayush_somani212 wrote:
Cause Supported by United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. Resource Support by NASA Climate Change & World Bank Institute.
Please help in saving the planet by sparing 20 seconds of your time by filling this quick 5 question survey.

Tell us Mr. Somani, what do you personally know about the science being subverted to claim unnatural occurrences due to man?
10-02-2018 18:47
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
As mentioned in posts above, the fairly small warm area that moved to the North Pole has gained support from the very warm siberian area, that has moved north, to join the warm area. The spot area 27(+?)degC over-temperatures very near the North Pole are no longer spot temperatures(thanks to the siberian). Yes, the confirmation of past posts, were lucky coincidences. But, may not be TOTALLY LUCKY, because southern AGW generated heat is often driven(or drawn) into the High Arctic. The LUCK is that the hot spots have moved directly to the North Pole.
FAB
(2) over the High Arctic continues to rise, now to 16degC over average temperature.

Posted the following paragraph in the wrong thread. FAB
(2), which is NOT gay, or ac/dc, continues to show the AGW denier liar whiner lie of this thread, belongs here:
Tho FAB
(2) has recently retreated from its highest temperature anomaly during its near 185 straight days of life, FAB
(2) might up its temperature in the days ahead.
///////
With FABB()s showing ever more increasing strength & extension (NOT gay or ac/dc), AGW denier liar whiners should be happy with FABB()s' moral strength & character. It is prime time for AGW denier liar whiners to admit their entrenched errors, & become AGW advocates.
Edited on 10-02-2018 19:11
13-02-2018 01:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Wake wrote:
ayush_somani212 wrote:

Tell us Mr. Somani, what do you personally know about the science being subverted to claim unnatural occurrences due to man?

Mr. Somani, I am not using this question to insult you. I want you to understand that virtually everything that most of the world's governments is at odds with the private science community.

Please read this: https://nofrakkingconsensus.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/delinquentteenager_sample.pdf

The IPCC has NOT improved since this was written.

Meanwhile read this: http://www.petitionproject.org/

The Petition Project is extremely serious business. Although I have worked extensively in science for 40+ years. Because I do not have a degree and a specialty they would not accept my signing onto the Petition.

The Petition project among other things has at least three Nobel laureates.

The absolutely untrained people such as those at Skeptical Science (their training is in journalism) tell us that "there are very few of those signing the Oregon Petition with training as climate scientists.

With the typical knowledge of those who support AGW, you cannot get a degree in "climate science" although there are some classes here and there that are supposedly about the subject. The subject is so broad that it would require a dozen high order degrees to even be considered as someone that could voice a reasonable explanation of the subject and such a person, were he to exist. would have signed the Oregon Petition.
14-02-2018 17:39
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: A vast weather system of similar temperature (~ -22degF to -4degF) atmosphere, spans from almost Lake Superior & St. Lawrence River, extends WNW, N, NE & E, including Canadian Archipelago, covering Greenland(tho the GIS high elevations drop to -40degC to -45degC), all Alaska & waters north of the state & eastern Siberia, then descends SW, including mid & western Siberia & most of Russia, & south to northern China, & countries south of Russia. Tho of similar temperature, southern regions under the vast body of air would be considered below normal temps & northern regions, above or well above normal temperatures. As such, FAB
(2) continues at 10+degC. above normal.
This does explain one of the reasons, the High Arctic is increasingly above normal temperatures & at times, southern regions are invaded by what is considered northern Arctic cold fronts.

After 3 weeks this vast system of similar temperature still exists. As if the warmth of Valentine's Day is affecting it, the system no longer extends to the U.S. border, but has withdrawn to the higher latitudes of Canada. Tho still heavy on Greenland, the system is sporadically thinned in the High Arctic, affected by FAB
(2) which is still at 12degC above its normal average. The system also, has become spotty in its southern latitudes over Asia.
The warmth of Valentine's Day is warming the Northern Hemisphere. The warming just CAN'T be affected by the sun, which is now 10arcdegrees higher in the sky than at winter's beginning.
22-02-2018 00:59
bmandel93
☆☆☆☆☆
(5)
An interesting addendum to this thread: http://bit.ly/2CBupMg. Brian Kahn of Green Peace documents the melting glaciers at Glacier National Park. The side-by-side comparisons are honestly stunning, and they really do a lot to help illustrate the impact that a warming planet has on our ecosystems. The question now is whether we can do anything about it.
22-02-2018 05:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
bmandel93 wrote:
An interesting addendum to this thread: http://bit.ly/2CBupMg. Brian Kahn of Green Peace documents the melting glaciers at Glacier National Park. The side-by-side comparisons are honestly stunning, and they really do a lot to help illustrate the impact that a warming planet has on our ecosystems. The question now is whether we can do anything about it.

I don't know why these glaciers are melting like they are, but some of the photos are just staggering. Take a look at this.
Attached image:

22-02-2018 08:14
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
bmandel93 wrote:

I don't know why these glaciers are melting like they are, but some of the photos are just staggering. Take a look at this.

These look photoshopped. Note the snow fields above the glacier are EXACTLY the same, the wave action position is EXACTLY the same, and the anomaly spot to the left of the glacier is EXACTLY the same. Even the position of the clouds is EXACTLY the same!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 22-02-2018 08:17
22-02-2018 09:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
bmandel93 wrote:

These look photoshopped. Note the snow fields above the glacier are EXACTLY the same, the wave action position is EXACTLY the same, and the anomaly spot to the left of the glacier is EXACTLY the same. Even the position of the clouds is EXACTLY the same!

Did I make it too obvious? I was going to make a point about how certain people are willing to believe whatever they see without taking a closer look. Obviously people like you can't be fooled that easy.

Just for you I removed the clouds and snow and rearranged the ice a littler bit.
Attached image:

Edited on 22-02-2018 09:14
22-02-2018 17:58
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
bmandel93 wrote:

Did I make it too obvious? I was going to make a point about how certain people are willing to believe whatever they see without taking a closer look. Obviously people like you can't be fooled that easy.

Just for you I removed the clouds and snow and rearranged the ice a littler bit.

Sorry...did I spoil your fun?

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2018 18:04
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Maybe a little.
. My wife loves photography so I bought a new program to fix photos for her. I was amazed at how easy it is to manipulate the truth...kinda got me thinking. Took me less than 5 min to cut that glacier in 1/2. Pretty good work for a newbie.
23-02-2018 20:25
(21552)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Maybe a little.
. My wife loves photography so I bought a new program to fix photos for her. I was amazed at how easy it is to manipulate the truth...kinda got me thinking. Took me less than 5 min to cut that glacier in 1/2. Pretty good work for a newbie.

Not bad. It would look pretty convincing to some global warming believer that could care less about such details.

Imagine now when a professional job is done on such a photo.

The propaganda machine running full bore to get Trump, describe looming global disasters, why capitalism is evil, etc. is filled with such professionals.

The Parrot Killer

24-02-2018 04:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener gazzzed & guzzzlin" gusshed: My wife loves photography....I was amazed at how easy it is to manipulate the truth...
Not bad.
Jes liak da russkies workin' & docterin' with Trump pump photo propaganda to get hisn ass elekkkted. Yeah, russkies & old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiners find it easy to lie & don' not think it a bad 'uman policy.
Meanwhile:
Several compiled posts belong in this thread:
The vast system continues to thin at the North Pole & High Arctic. A warm front of similar temperature now exists from Spain all the way north of the UK & even over ocean waters west of Norway. Altho cooling a bit northwest of Norway, it pumps heat to the North Pole & should cleave in half the vast system of similar temperature that has existed for a month & extended from all of Canada to the North Pole & on to China & countries south of Russia. It does appear that FAB
(2) will reach 200 days of STRAIGHT existence, the second time since 2015, that High Arctic temperatures have extended for 200 STRAIGHT DAYS OF EXISTENCE. The warm system from Spain, pumping heat all the way to the North Pole stengthens its predicted split of the long vast system of similar temperature between Canada to the North Pole & on to China. Yes, the split should totally take place at its most UNPREDICTABLE spot, the North Pole. FAB
(2), which has been fluctuating up & down, between 9degC to 12degC over temperature, should escalate in temperature in the near future, due to the Spanish heat, pumped to the North Pole. Matter of fact, there is a possibility that at least a small region near the North Pole should climb to 30degF over temperature. The vast system of similar temperature has now split....split by the smaller system of similar temperature(both systems of similar temperature have.... different temperatures) that has pumped warm air from Spain (& parts south), all the way to the North Pole. As such, FAB
(2) which has fluctuated, has now sizzled to 15degC over its average temperature. Even more sizzling is the North Pole, which is now 45+degF over average temperature & may hit 50degF over average. Heat pours into the High Arctic with reports of 60degF over-temperatures. North Pole may thaw, while the warm system pushes cold Arctic weather to the south:
https://mashable.com/2018/02/20/temperature-above-freezing-top-greenland-europe-cold-snap-snow/#vS9dYE9N3qqg
No time over the last half century(plus) has High Arctic temperatures averaged over 4 million square kilometers, been this high in latter February.
All the above has occurred, during a solar TSI that has been languid for half a century & low for 11+ years(including a 3+ year period setting a 100 year record low TSI). For 41 straight years, Earth temperatures have been over the 20th century average & for 395+ straight months, Earth temperatures have been over the 20th century average.
High Arctic average temperature on nearly 4million square kilometers, FAB
(2), has leaped to 20degC over-temperature, now tied with latter 2016 for the highest average temperature over the past 58 years on that icy region. A "hot spot" within the FAB
(2), is about a fifth the size of FAB
(2).... ~ 800,000 square kilometers. That huge area is 50+degF over-temperature. It is NOT a spot but an area 500+ miles by 500+ miles...... absolutely stunning. FAB
(2) is now approaching 200 straight days of over-temperature. FAB
(2) is very broad & now FAB
(2) is hanging, very very high over-average.
Edited on 24-02-2018 04:51
26-02-2018 18:44
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Frank Lansner wrote:
A significant thick ice recovery is taking place now.

Fig 1 Arctic sea ice area (Winter, 31 dec) with colors indicating ice thickness. Data from PIPS2, US NAVY online for all to use: http://www7320.nrlssc.navy.mil/pips2/ithi.html

Fig 1 shows a fascinating inferno of trends moving up and down showing many underlying patterns. Its no wonder that PIPS2 data is not promoted by IPCC or other institutions known to promote AGW, though.

Not much of a trend in total area for these winter (31 dec) data 1998-2010. However I will start out focusing on the event around 2007. These data illustrates how the ice in 2007 was squeezed together and then how the recovery of thicker ice after 2007 has occurred in an impressing speed. With data like this, the idea that the lower 2007 Arctic sea ice level was close to a "death spiral" appears wrong. What we see is an Arctic sea ice playing with its mucles, showing that it is no way near fading away. The 2007 dip appears like an oscllation that the Arctic at any time can quickly recover from.

The area of ice thicker than 2,5 meters has almost doubled from approx 1800 km2 to 3300 km2 in just 2 years 2008-2010 as reported by Steven Goddard:
http://stevengoddard.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/pips12_30_2010vs2008.gif

Here are how the original PIPS2 maps for 31 dec appears 1998-2010:

Fig2 The trends from fig 1 are rather easily recognized. To convert into a graph as in fig 1 I have used software that reads pixel colors (around 40-50.000 pixels used per PIPS-graphic) with only 0 - 5 pixels not able to be defined per map. I then converted data into area and volume units.
As many will be aware, this is not entirely precise due to the round shape of the earth making more southern areas count slightly more than areas closest to the north pole. However, when comparing the same date of the years, the areas occupied are rather similar from year to year and thus it is fair to compare years. So in this article, its more the trends than the absolute values you should focos on.

However, when focussing on thicker ice (nearer the North pole) the "round-Earth-problem" is reduced and allows more quantitative studies.

Here are the Ice thickness for 1 april 1999 - 2010:

Fig3
The 2007-8 dip impresses indeed but the recovery 2008-2010 is also spectacular - again revealed when focussing on the thicker ice.
Sea ice 1 april has almost doubled for ice thicker than 2,5 m.
- And more: This graphic has last point over 9 months old – cant wait to insert the 2011 apr 1 point. Should the trend 2008-2010 continue just one more year, to 2011 apr 1, then we have the highest level of thick ice measured in data since 1998.

Then the minimum ice extends around 1 October:

Fig4. For the ice minimum, the well known general dive in ice extend 1998-2007 is much more visible.
The huge peak around 2004 of thicker ice again demonstrates how stunningly fast thick ice can grow from year to year in the Arctic. Extend of thicker ice > 2,5 m doubles in just one year 2003 – 2004. This again demonstrates Arctic ice as very dynamic, where larger changes appear normal, not really alarming. If thick Arctic ice can double in one year, how should we be near a "death spiral" for Arctic ice?

Ice volume.

Fig 5
A rough volume calculation where done by multiplying area with ice thickness. In general, the years 2007-2010 are rather similar to 1998-2000.

Then the areas closer to the North pole, the ice volume trends from sea ice thicker than 2,5 m:

Fig 6. The volume of ice from sea ice thicker than 2,5 m has exploded several times, but most significant is the huge rise in sea ice volume from thick sea ice we are witnessing right now. Both the apr 1 and 31 dec volumes have almost doubled 2008-2010. The minimum extend thick-ice volume has risen "only" around 50% 2008-2010.

Above I have illustrated trends in sea ice from PIPS2 data with a focus on the strong rise 2008-2010. There are many opinions on what data is most reliable for ice thickness, PIPS2 or PIOMAS and it reaches beyond this article to fully analyse this. I believe, however, that PIPS2 from the US navy is a product developed over 30 years to be still more useful. If US NAVY uses these data for their submarines etc. (?) certainly the PIPS2 data has to have a certain degree of reliability. (To know more I have mailed the PIPS2 team some questions regarding how often they can verify their day-to-day data with actual measurements. )

I have seen some critics of PIPS2 say that the long term compares are questionable. Well, most of the graphics above shows hardly any ice decrease 1998 – 2010, so this critic is not surprising. Non the less I have thus just focussed on the thick ice 2008-2010 trend.

When all this is said, take a look at the supposed ice thickness dive 1998-2010 according to PIOMAS:

Fig 7 If PIOMAS is correct, then the 30 years of developing PIPS2 US NAVY product has been wasted. But is this likely?

One of the prominent names behind PIOMAS is the scientist Zhang from Washington University. Zhang has also made a stunning re-analysis showing that Antarctic sea surface air temperatures has risen significantly in recent decades. Below is a compare of Zhangs vs hadcrut:

Fig 8, Zhang vs Hadcrut around Antarctica. (Yes, Hadcrut is SST, Zhangs speaks of surfacce air, but these parameters should still show a more common trend over 25 years?) Zhang is not really confirmed by hadcrut, nor by TLT trends in Antarctic temperatures which are cooling, nor by a steady growing amount of sea ice around Antarctica – but Zhang and PIOMAS should be preferred when we talk ice volume in the Arctic?

A non-sceptic discussion of PIPS2 US NAVY vs. Zhangs PIOMAS:
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/07/13/nsidcs-dr-walt-meier-on-pips-vs-piomas/

Readers are welcome to mail me for info on software to get precise pixelcounts of colors - a useful tool to retrieve data.

Other Articles by Frank Lansner:

http://hidethedecline.eu/pages/posts/a-brief-overview-of-chosen-frank-lansner-articles-in-english-208.php

Frank, since you started this subject way back in 2011 the subject was taken over by the global warmies.

But even NASA is saying that they really cannot measure the ice extent very accurately: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-references/dyk/arctic-ice

So at furthest guess it appears that the ice extent now in 2018 could be as much as a little less than 6% reduced over the last couple of years.

This causes the global warmies screaming fits that a low ice year means that the world is coming to an end.
26-02-2018 20:34
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: ...NASA is saying that they really cannot measure the ice extent very accurately....

Correction:
...NASA , newly gutted by know-nuthin & do nuthin "don'T rump sigh-ants anti-team", is saying that they really cannot measure the ice extent very accurately....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" likes & supports that(as best it can, while snoozing & snoring).
Meanwhile:
Present High Arctic Berserker(2), or PHAB(2), or FAB
(2) has risen to its highest temperature(20degC over average) since mid-October of last year, 2017, when the High Arctic still had heat from the summer.
////////
The departure from the norm of High Arctic temperatures(Present High Arctic Berserker(2) or FAB
(2)), soars to 21+degC over temperature, breaking the record set in 2016, which busted High Arctic over-temperatures wide open. The largest factor in this excursion from normality, is the huge "hot spot" plastered on the North Pole, which isn't a spot, but a large state-sized heater, 30degC over-temperature. Within this "hot spot" could easily be heat that is 30+degC over-temperature, possibly 60degF over-temperature heat.
http://cci-reanalyzer.org/wx/DailySummary/#t2
Edited on 26-02-2018 20:38
26-02-2018 20:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: ...NASA is saying that they really cannot measure the ice extent very accurately....

Correction:
...NASA , newly gutted by know-nuthin & do nuthin "don'T rump sigh-ants anti-team", is saying that they really cannot measure the ice extent very accurately....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" likes & supports that(as best it can, while snoozing & snoring).
Meanwhile:
(2) has risen to its highest temperature(20degC over average) since mid-October of last year, 2017, when the High Arctic still had heat from the summer.
////////
The departure from the norm of High Arctic temperatures(Present High Arctic Berserker(2) or FAB
(2)), soars to 21+degC over temperature, breaking the record set in 2016, which busted High Arctic over-temperatures wide open. The largest factor in this excursion from normality, is the huge "hot spot" plastered on the North Pole, which isn't a spot, but a large state-sized heater, 30degC over-temperature. Within this "hot spot" could easily be heat that is 30+degC over-temperature, possibly 60degF over-temperature heat.

Without a doubt you are the stupidest person on this earth. Obama decreased NASA and it's subcontractors by 4,000 people in two years and ended the Shuttle project altogether and you said nothing. Trump has not only increased the NASA budget but is scheduling a moon base rather than re-funding the International Space Station.

You make 10 morons in a row look like 10 Einsteins followed by you a drooling idiot.
26-02-2018 21:03
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

Correction:
Meanwhile:
////////

you are the stupidest person on this earth.....Trump has.....increased the NASA budget.
Correction: It is "don'T rump". "don'T rump" destroys lots of NASA Earth science, in an effort to cover-up continued Earth warming via man-made GHGs & positive feedbacks, as reported by non-gov't science:
https://www.space.com/39670-trump-nasa-2019-budget-cancels-wfirst-earth-science.html
26-02-2018 21:11
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

Correction:
Meanwhile:
////////

you are the stupidest person on this earth.....Trump has.....increased the NASA budget.
Correction: It is "don'T rump". "don'T rump" destroys lots of NASA Earth science, in an effort to cover-up continued Earth warming via man-made GHGs & positive feedbacks, as reported by non-gov't science:
https://www.space.com/39670-trump-nasa-2019-budget-cancels-wfirst-earth-science.html

Sorry stupid. NASA employment has gone up. You don't like "earth science" being reduced? Too bad - there was never supposed to be an "earth science" in NASA since that is a NOAA project.
27-02-2018 03:08
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: You don't like "earth science" being reduced? there was never supposed to be an "earth science" in NASA since that is a NOAA project.
Silliness personified is "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebarf steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rootin'(& rottin') racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time(plus 1) threatener wake-me-up". NASA has performed "Earth science" for 30 years. "don'T rump" has his marching orders from the oil, coal, & gas companies to destroy NASA "Earth science", as soon as possible. "don'T rump", who is only a political puppet to oil, coal, & gas, is NOT ahead of schedule.
///////
Meanwhile:
////////
The departure from the norm of High Arctic temperatures, Present High Arctic Berserker(2) or FAB
(2), soars to 21+degC over temperature, breaking the record set in 2016, which busted High Arctic over-temperatures wide open. The largest factor in this excursion from normality, is the huge "hot spot" plastered on the North Pole, which isn't a spot, but a large state-sized heater, 30degC over-temperature. Within this "hot spot" could easily be heat that is 30+degC over-temperature, possibly 60degF over-temperature heat.
Edited on 27-02-2018 03:11
Page 10 of 11<<<891011>

Join the debate Fast recovery of thick Arctic ice:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
New Ice age by 203014004-04-2022 16:10
Arctic ice cover202-04-2022 09:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact