Remember me
▼ Content

Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming

Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming17-02-2021 18:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/02/16/how-polar-vortex-creates-record-low-temperatures-and-winter-storms/6750206002/

Wow this global warming is really bad. I wonder does Al Gore understand that millions of people who never saw snow are now snowbound?

Record-low temperatures freeze central US
The central U.S. has experienced record low temperatures over the past week as the polar vortex continues its icy grip on the region. Looking ahead, yet another winter storm is forecast for portions of the central and eastern U.S. over the next several days.
17-02-2021 18:39
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Pity...

I'm on vacation next week, fortunately, I don't have far to go. Looks like a wet weekend for us, then back to the upper 70s. Think our winter is pretty much over in Florida. The giant oaks, are shedding last years leaves like crazy, getting ready for the new growth. Good thing about a wicked winter, usually a mild summer.

These winter storms are really screwing up the year average warming this year. They need some major heatwaves to stay on the warming trend. Don't see that happening. All those millions of people with now power, and many of them have a roof full of solar panels... Wonder how many roofs failed, because of the weight. Guess most will find out during the wet season, just how good that solar investment is working out... It'll never make the national news, but suspect there will be a lot of windmills out of service, due to the icing.
17-02-2021 19:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Apparently Global Warming had to temporarily remove himself from Climate Ground Zero so that his loyal servant Greenhouse Effect could replenish his heat resource, so his brother Global Cooling has now assumed all battlefield positions in the meantime...

Edited on 17-02-2021 19:06
18-02-2021 22:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
One of the predictions of global warming is that there wild and unusual weather in various spots. That sounds a little vague but it has been a prediction (for what it's worth).
18-02-2021 23:09
(3314)
keepit wrote:
One of the predictions of global warming

Is Global Warming now also a prophet, or are you referring to some sort of dogma from Global Warming Mythology? I'll assume that you mean the latter...

keepit wrote:
is that there [will be??]wild and unusual weather in various spots.

Define "wild and unusual weather". Define "various spots".

keepit wrote:
That sounds a little vague

No shit, Sherlock... It is about as vague as one could possibly be.

keepit wrote:
but it has been a prediction (for what it's worth).

It's worth absolutely nothing.

This is even worse of a "prediction" than what my local meteorologists do whenever we're going to get some snowfall...

"Expect to see somewhere between an inch and a foot of snowfall today" .... THE NEXT DAY: "There was 8 inches of snowfall yesterday. We NAILED our 'prediction' once again! We are Southern Wisconsin's most accurate weather forecaster!"
Edited on 18-02-2021 23:15
18-02-2021 23:42
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Talking about a global prediction here which is coming true. So how is a prediction that is coming true worthless? Well, it's worthless if it is ignored.
19-02-2021 00:23
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Talking about a global prediction here which is coming true. So how is a prediction that is coming true worthless? Well, it's worthless if it is ignored.

How do you TOTALLY miss gfm's point?! He "nailed" it!

I predict there will be a sunrise in the east tomorrow.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
19-02-2021 00:46
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Talking about a global prediction here which is coming true.

The problem is that "wild and unusual" is purely subjective terminology with no clearly defined baseline value to use as a reference, and "various spots" is vague at best and meaningless at worst, as those "various spots" are unnamed.

What if I were to tell you that "various spots" across the Earth experience weather related records of some sort on any given day? Hardly "wild and unusual weather" if you ask me...

keepit wrote:
So how is a prediction that is coming true worthless?

There is no clearly defined baseline value to use as a reference, and the wording of the "prediction" encompasses basically any and every weather related possibility.

keepit wrote:
Well, it's worthless if it is ignored.

It is worthless because it isn't saying anything substantive.
19-02-2021 00:47
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

How do you TOTALLY miss gfm's point?! He "nailed" it!

I predict there will be a sunrise in the east tomorrow.

Bingo!

And I additionally predict that there will be a sunset in the west tomorrow.

Oh wait, here's a bonus prediction... At the location of your house tomorrow, you will experience wind speeds somewhere between Calm-80 MPH...
Edited on 19-02-2021 00:50
19-02-2021 00:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14430)
GasGuzzler wrote:I predict there will be a sunrise in the east tomorrow.

... over a body of water ... with a distinct cloud formation in the sky ... signalling a political move by a politician to the west.

My warning is only worthless if it is ignored.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 01:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Always with the semantics and argumentative arguments a nd no substance.
Hopefully someone here understands the word "argumentative". It's a term used in legal circles, not that i'm in legal circles.
19-02-2021 01:31
(5197)
keepit wrote:
One of the predictions of global warming is that there wild and unusual weather in various spots. That sounds a little vague but it has been a prediction (for what it's worth).

Living in Florida, gives me a little bit different perspective on weird, extreme weather. Hurricane predictions are an annual tradition. Usually, those predictions are overly ambitious. Part, is to encourage people to make preparations, which is usually good for the economy. It's also good for media ratings. During the Rainy Season, we get afternoon storms, where wind from the Gulf, meet wind coming off the Atlantic, both saturated with water. Where the Sea Breeze winds collide, we get thunderstorms, sometimes pretty extreme, with tornadoes. We watch those daily predictions closely. The storms are almost reliable, but we never know where, when, or how severe, until it almost happens. Most areas aren't effected too bad, just a quick drench of torrential rain. But right along where the Sea Breeze collide, it's almost biblical.

Predictions, are more like guessing. You guess often enough, on the same event, you will eventual get it right, once in a while. You can flip a coin, and guess, if it lands heads, or tails. You don't get it right, every time. You guess, when you pick lottery numbers, but few actually win big. I predicted the outcome of both impeachment trials, and even the party divide votes. I've made quite a few China Virus predictions, which are still looking pretty good, for proving true. Most know the gruesome, fear mongering stuff, was be sarcastic. It's a cold virus, and we will eventual be told to accept it as such, once they get done playing 'science', and declare victory. It still would have been a 2-3 year pandemic, without the games, just a lot fewer dollars printed, to pay for the toys.
19-02-2021 01:34
(14430)
keepit wrote:Always with the semantics and argumentative arguments a nd no substance.

When did this suddenly become about you?

keepit wrote: Hopefully someone here understands the word "argumentative". It's a term used in legal circles, not that i'm in legal circles.

Hopefully you'll someday seek help for your learning disability.
Hopefully you'll someday learn what semantics are.
Hopefully you'll someday contribute to society in a productive manner.
Hopefully you'll someday read for comprehension.
Hopefully you'll someday grasp basic economics.
Hopefully you'll someday grasp basic mathematics.
Hopefully you'll someday grasp basic science.
Hopefully you'll someday cease being a manipulated tool.

There will always be hope ... until you are dead.

It would just be unrealistic to expect all of it to occur this calendar year.

You're a duplicitous moron. You don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Attached image:

19-02-2021 02:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
You're full of baloney.
19-02-2021 02:08
(14430)
keepit wrote: You're full of baloney.

You're full of schítt.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2021 16:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
Always with the semantics and argumentative arguments and no substance.

Please explain how the below prediction, which YOU posted, has ANY "substance". What specifically does this mean? I think it's a bunch of hooey. Convince me otherwise...with substance.

prediction of global warming is that there will be wild and unusual weather in various spots.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 19-02-2021 16:11
19-02-2021 17:25
(3314)
keepit wrote:
You're full of baloney.

You're full of ignorance and stupid.
19-02-2021 17:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
The point is that as predictions come true, it gives the basis fordealing with other predictions.
19-02-2021 17:54
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Please explain how the below prediction, which YOU posted, has ANY "substance". What specifically does this mean? I think it's a bunch of hooey. Convince me otherwise...with substance.

prediction of global warming is that there will be wild and unusual weather in various spots.

China is using the lack of preparedness in Texas as an example where capitalism has failed the people. Texas just wasn't prepared for the aftermath of the record number of acres burned in California in January. Why?
We don't have proof of anything out of the ordinary happening. There were 297 wildfires in January, 2021. Almost 3 times as many as the previous 5 years averaged. https://www.redding.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/02/california-wildfires-january-cal-fire/4368052001/
With the experiment that I'm pursuing, it's to show that CO2 can become stratospheric ozone. The post that I made about the jet stream, the high levels of stratospheric ozone and the wildfires in California, I sent the link to a scientist in Germany that'd I'd like to work with. The IPCC has already stated that CO2 supports stratospheric ozone but has no understanding of why that is so.

p.s., when about a third of the Earth's biomass burned after the last ice age, it extended the ice age. It might not be the smoke that cooled the planet but the CO2 released into the atmosphere.
Edited on 19-02-2021 17:56
19-02-2021 18:28
(5197)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

China is using the lack of preparedness in Texas as an example where capitalism has failed the people. Texas just wasn't prepared for the aftermath of the record number of acres burned in California in January. Why?
We don't have proof of anything out of the ordinary happening. There were 297 wildfires in January, 2021. Almost 3 times as many as the previous 5 years averaged. https://www.redding.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/02/california-wildfires-january-cal-fire/4368052001/
With the experiment that I'm pursuing, it's to show that CO2 can become stratospheric ozone. The post that I made about the jet stream, the high levels of stratospheric ozone and the wildfires in California, I sent the link to a scientist in Germany that'd I'd like to work with. The IPCC has already stated that CO2 supports stratospheric ozone but has no understanding of why that is so.

p.s., when about a third of the Earth's biomass burned after the last ice age, it extended the ice age. It might not be the smoke that cooled the planet but the CO2 released into the atmosphere.

Are you saying that liberal fire setting Californians are inbred descendants of neanderthals? Did you happen to look and see, how many of the 297 wildfires, were 'man' made? They had a handy website last year. Not sure if I bookmarked it though. Most of them were arson last year, or suspected. But to be fair, arson implies they intended to start a wildfire, but most that I read, were stupidity, and just didn't seem to care. So, CO2, caught in the Norwegian Jet Stream, causes Californians to be stupid?
19-02-2021 18:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
keepit wrote:
The point is that as predictions come true,

I predicted a sunrise in the east. It verified. I am correct.

gfm predicted a sunset in the west. It verified. He is correct.

IBD predicted a sunrise, over open water, with could formations, signaling a political move to the west. It verified. He is also correct.

ALL OF OUR PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE!!!!!!

keepit wrote:
it gives the basis for dealing with other predictions.

OK, we now have our basis for other predictions. IBD, GFM, and GG are all geniuses with the uncanny ability to predict the future with 100 percent accuracy.

New prediction....
The stock market will soar to record gains today, around 8500 points.
Keepit, you are total fool if you do not invest your life savings in the market today. Will you do so?

p.s. Maybe IBDaMann will be kind enough to issue you a load of keepitkoin.

Edited on 19-02-2021 18:51
19-02-2021 19:02
(5197)
Is it still cold up north of Florida? Just not really grasping, how we were spared, even a little of this ice age. Been in the 80s, most of this past week. Thought about running the AC a couple of times...

Been thinking about global average temperature, which would be in the 20s, for most of the rest of America. About a 60 F difference. Does that mean that during the summer, when it's in the 80s for the rest of the country, it'll be in the 140s in Florida? We rarely break into the triple digits, without factoring in humidity, but it's unpleasant.
19-02-2021 19:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
keepit wrote:

Define 'global warming'. No theory can by itself predict anything. A theory is an explanatory argument. It is not capable of prediction.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-02-2021 19:27
(21612)
keepit wrote:

Math error: Failure to specify boundary. Failure to specify randR.
Semantics fallacy.

There is no such thing as a 'global prediction'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-02-2021 19:28
(21612)
keepit wrote:
Always with the semantics and argumentative arguments a nd no substance.
Hopefully someone here understands the word "argumentative". It's a term used in legal circles, not that i'm in legal circles.

Semantics fallacy. Word lording. You don't get to declare who uses a word.

The Parrot Killer

19-02-2021 19:29
(21612)
keepit wrote:
You're full of baloney.

So what if he is? I don't know if he likes to eat baloney sandwiches a lot.

The Parrot Killer

19-02-2021 19:31
(21612)
keepit wrote:
The point is that as predictions come true, it gives the basis fordealing with other predictions.

Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). This is a religious statement.

The Parrot Killer

19-02-2021 19:48
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
The point is that as predictions come true,

I predicted a sunrise in the east. It verified. I am correct.

gfm predicted a sunset in the west. It verified. He is correct.

IBD predicted a sunrise, over open water, with could formations, signaling a political move to the west. It verified. He is also correct.

ALL OF OUR PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE!!!!!!

keepit wrote:
it gives the basis for dealing with other predictions.

OK, we now have our basis for other predictions. IBD, GFM, and GG are all geniuses with the uncanny ability to predict the future with 100 percent accuracy.

New prediction....
The stock market will soar to record gains today, around 8500 points.
Keepit, you are total fool if you do not invest your life savings in the market today. Will you do so?

p.s. Maybe IBDaMann will be kind enough to issue you a load of keepitkoin.

In the meantime, I'll issue you a thumbs up for this post.
19-02-2021 20:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3070)
Theories have to be able to make predictions.
19-02-2021 21:15
(14430)
keepit wrote: Theories have to be able to make predictions.

Anyone can make predictions. For theories to be of value, they have to accurately predict. There is a difference, and it is a SEMANTIC difference.

Science is a collection of theories that predict nature. They make predictions ... but those predictions are always unambiguous and always correct. That's why they are of value.

If you are missing one of those characteristics, i.e. either "unambiguous" or "always correct" then such predictions lose their value.

GasGuzzler illustrated how ambiguous "Nostradamus" type of predictions don't have any value. Of course if the "prediction" isn't accurate then it really wasn't a prediction in the first place.

I have detailed in this forum many times how the IPCC relies on the keepit level of stupidity of their warmizombie base to be able to claim that a list of obvious possibilities is a "prediction" and assures their warmizombie base of just how "confident" they are that all of the possibilities they listed are possible. Warmizombies and nonwarmizombies alike are forever citing these "predictions"
of the IPCC as though they actually are/were predictions. The IPCC, to this date, has not made a single prediction for fear of being dismissed as being erroneous.

So now I will issue my grand prediction for the day:

IBDaPrediction: You will read this prediction, or hear/read about it from someone who has.

Hey, this one is on the house. You know me, i.e. Mr. Helpful. It's how I roll. Don't be a fraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

19-02-2021 21:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Are you saying that liberal fire setting Californians are inbred descendants of neanderthals? Did you happen to look and see, how many of the 297 wildfires, were 'man' made? They had a handy website last year. Not sure if I bookmarked it though. Most of them were arson last year, or suspected. But to be fair, arson implies they intended to start a wildfire, but most that I read, were stupidity, and just didn't seem to care. So, CO2, caught in the Norwegian Jet Stream, causes Californians to be stupid?

I think it shows that you have no life. Remember Harvey, you're the person who motivates me to be better. Despite everything that I've been through. If I had an attitude like yours, failure would be guaranteed no matter what I do.
Hold it, there is an exception. If I marry an attractive foreign national. Why you like Trump, right? Melania's HOT and she's not even American. Might be the real reason you want Trump in the White House, so you can check his wife out.
19-02-2021 21:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Is it still cold up north of Florida? Just not really grasping, how we were spared, even a little of this ice age. Been in the 80s, most of this past week. Thought about running the AC a couple of times...

Been thinking about global average temperature, which would be in the 20s, for most of the rest of America. About a 60 F difference. Does that mean that during the summer, when it's in the 80s for the rest of the country, it'll be in the 140s in Florida? We rarely break into the triple digits, without factoring in humidity, but it's unpleasant.

[url]Is it still cold up north of Florida? Just not really grasping, how we were spared, even a little of this ice age.[/url]

Um, maybe because the hot air off of the Gulf Stream blows across Florida? That's from the opposite direction. You know, like where do hurricanes come from? Is it the Atlantic Ocean?
And here is all of that cold air coming from? Not the Atlantic Ocean. See how simple that was Harvey? And you live in Florida and still don't know which way the wind blows.
19-02-2021 21:32
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Theories have to be able to make predictions.

Anyone can make predictions. For theories to be of value, they have to accurately predict. There is a difference, and it is a SEMANTIC difference.

Science is a collection of theories that predict nature. They make predictions ... but those predictions are always unambiguous and always correct. That's why they are of value.

If you are missing one of those characteristics, i.e. either "unambiguous" or "always correct" then such predictions lose their value.

GasGuzzler illustrated how ambiguous "Nostradamus" type of predictions don't have any value. Of course if the "prediction" isn't accurate then it really wasn't a prediction in the first place.

I have detailed in this forum many times how the IPCC relies on the keepit level of stupidity of their warmizombie base to be able to claim that a list of obvious possibilities is a "prediction" and assures their warmizombie base of just how "confident" they are that all of the possibilities they listed are possible. Warmizombies and nonwarmizombies alike are forever citing these "predictions"
of the IPCC as though they actually are/were predictions. The IPCC, to this date, has not made a single prediction for fear of being dismissed as being erroneous.

So now I will issue my grand prediction for the day:

IBDaPrediction: You will read this prediction, or hear/read about it from someone who has.

Hey, this one is on the house. You know me, i.e. Mr. Helpful. It's how I roll. Don't be a fraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

That's a rather BOLD prediction on your part! ...... oh wait, I DID read that prediction just now... WOW!!! Just... wow!!!

All hail IBdaMann!!!

Join the debate Why is it so cold? In ten more years Americans will be begging for global warming:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
The retards at FOX news claim 74 year old rapist teacher faces 600 years behind bars004-08-2023 23:48
LOL, the FBI is still looking for Jimmy Hoffa, as 100,000 Americans die of Fentanyl every year031-07-2023 19:16
Quantum computer startup SEEQC unveils digital chip that operates at super cold temp3931-03-2023 19:52
Another dead retard with a gun. I worked on highways for 37 years and never did this029-03-2023 13:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact