Remember me
▼ Content

The Stench from the EPA, NASA and NOAA

Page 2 of 3<123>
02-11-2017 19:57
L8112
★☆☆☆☆
(115)
And you're still a loser that can only sooth your soul by blaming everyone else for your being a loser.

blaming everyone else' is the republicans facvorite pass-time "it was obama!, crooked hillary! the muslims! black athletes! liberals! the boogeyman!"
02-11-2017 20:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21600)
GreenMan wrote:
I'm thinking neither of you can prove it, or the other one about NASA's admission that increasing CO2 will not cause an increase in the average global temperature.

I do not have to prove a negative. No one does. YOU have to show CO2 is capable of increasing the global temperature.

No one can determine the temperature of Earth. (reference: statistical mathematics)

CO2 has no magick properties that allow it to overrule the 2nd law of thermodynamics or the Stefan Boltzmann law. (reference: the scientific theories of thermodynamics and the scientific theories of Max Planck).

CO2 is not an insulator. It conducts thermal energy better than other gases in the atmosphere. (reference: engineering properties of CO2)

CO2 does not stop convection. It is part of convection. (reference: definition and characteristics of fluids)

GreenMan wrote:
Link, anyone? Come on Jizzy, your hero's are struggling.

You can go stuff your Holy Links. Use the references I provided.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-11-2017 20:35
(21600)
L8112 wrote:
Into the night, wake, and a few other people on here are mentally ill.

Lame. Can't you at least get more creative with your insults?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-11-2017 20:36
(21600)
L8112 wrote:
wake is NOT white, so therefore he is either black, mexican, indian, or chinese...hahaha paints a funny picture.

What's so funny about your racism?

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2017 00:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
L8112 wrote:
And you're still a loser that can only sooth your soul by blaming everyone else for your being a loser.

blaming everyone else' is the republicans facvorite pass-time "it was obama!, crooked hillary! the muslims! black athletes! liberals! the boogeyman!"

It isn't blame when we have hard evidence. Obama was overruled by the Supreme Court on 13 occasions. Hillary could not possibly have harder evidence against her. The only good liberal is a dead liberal. What was you address again?
03-11-2017 07:17
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
L8112 wrote:
ok..? idc what 'race' or flesh vehicle you inhabit, youre still a dickhead

Too bad we can't give thumbs up in here, but I'm thinking you are giving him way too much credit. He's really just the foreskin, and is why some cultures think it prudent to be removed at birth.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
03-11-2017 07:28
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
I'm thinking neither of you can prove it, or the other one about NASA's admission that increasing CO2 will not cause an increase in the average global temperature.

I do not have to prove a negative. No one does. YOU have to show CO2 is capable of increasing the global temperature.

No one can determine the temperature of Earth. (reference: statistical mathematics)

CO2 has no magick properties that allow it to overrule the 2nd law of thermodynamics or the Stefan Boltzmann law. (reference: the scientific theories of thermodynamics and the scientific theories of Max Planck).

CO2 is not an insulator. It conducts thermal energy better than other gases in the atmosphere. (reference: engineering properties of CO2)

CO2 does not stop convection. It is part of convection. (reference: definition and characteristics of fluids)

GreenMan wrote:

You can go stuff your bull shit, ****. An idiot keeps posting the same thing [which is what you do also] as if it is based on some real published report. But he can't produce any link to confirm the validity of the report. So I don't have to prove a thing, dunce. He needs to produce the report he keeps referencing, or shut up about the stupid notion that increasing CO2 won't increase the temperature, according to NASA. "According to NASA" being the key part of that. Not according to some idiot named Into the Night, or one named Gas Guzzler.

All of you guys are just a bunch of morons, wasting time in here, on some "mission from God," that you have created in your minds. You are out to "save our ways," "full steam ahead!"

If you had a brain, you would be looking at that wreck up ahead, and starting to figure out how to exit this train.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

03-11-2017 15:10
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote: An idiot keeps posting the same thing as if it is based on some real published report.

There you have it. This person is a student. Nothing more than a common core high school student but nothing but nothing more either. He neither knows science nor wishes to. What he is in the business of doing is parroting some group for which he would like to be identified with. We can scratch him off of the list permanently.
03-11-2017 18:56
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed:....parroting some group for which he would like to be identified with.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" wants to ID itself with ISIS.... to justify its actions. Meanwhile, its name delineates its actions, "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up".
03-11-2017 19:45
(21600)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

GreenMan wrote:

You can go stuff your bull shit, ****.

Theories of science isn't bullshit. Denying science doesn't make it go away.
GreenMan wrote:
An idiot keeps posting the same thing [which is what you do also] as if it is based on some real published report.

It IS based on a real published report. The theory itself.
GreenMan wrote:
But he can't produce any link to confirm the validity of the report.

Don't have to. Go look it up yourself you lazy jerk.
GreenMan wrote:
So I don't have to prove a thing, dunce.

Yes you do. If you are going to try to falsify these two theories of science, you have to show how.
GreenMan wrote:
He needs to produce the report he keeps referencing,

Go look it up.
GreenMan wrote:
or shut up about the stupid notion that increasing CO2 won't increase the temperature,

It doesn't.
GreenMan wrote:
according to NASA. "According to NASA" being the key part of that.

Science is not NASA. NASA is a government agency. Science is a set of falsifiable theories that describe nature.
GreenMan wrote:
Not according to some idiot named Into the Night, or one named Gas Guzzler.

Bulverism...a fallacy.
GreenMan wrote:
All of you guys are just a bunch of morons, wasting time in here, on some "mission from God," that you have created in your minds. You are out to "save our ways," "full steam ahead!"

Now you are pleading. You're losing your case, since you are running out of counterarguments.
GreenMan wrote:
If you had a brain, you would be looking at that wreck up ahead, and starting to figure out how to exit this train.

No wreck. It's highball and on the high rail.

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2017 19:46
(21600)
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote: An idiot keeps posting the same thing as if it is based on some real published report.

There you have it. This person is a student. Nothing more than a common core high school student but nothing but nothing more either. He neither knows science nor wishes to. What he is in the business of doing is parroting some group for which he would like to be identified with. We can scratch him off of the list permanently.

So you decided that bulverism is right for you too, eh?

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2017 20:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

And another word from the "Big Book of Words that Make You Sound Smart".

Believe me - it isn't working. You don't even know the correct way to use the word.
03-11-2017 20:28
(21600)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Believe me - it isn't working. You don't even know the correct way to use the word.

Oh it's accurate all right. You are a bulverist. Argument of ridicule. Argument by attempted redefinition. Argument from randU.

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2017 20:53
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Oh it's accurate all right. You are a bulverist. Argument of ridicule. Argument by attempted redefinition. Argument from randU.

As I said - you don't even know what the word means.
03-11-2017 22:23
(21600)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

As I said - you don't even know what the word means.

Argument by attempted redefinition.

The Parrot Killer

03-11-2017 22:34
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:

Wake, you are a total waste of time, air, food, water, and everything else that it takes to stay alive. You are actually robbing someone else's opportunity to be alive now.

You accuse me of parroting, when that is what you are doing, and I am calling you on it. You have repeated that NASA released a report that says increasing CO2 concentrations by 10 times will not raise the temperature of the planet. That is parroting, idiot. But most parrots include some link to their source of information, so that others can confirm it. I'm asking for a link, because I have caught you several times saying one thing, when the report you cite actually says something else.

Another favorite of mine, that you parrot incorrectly, is the one about satellite measurements don't show any increase in warming since they were put into service in 1979. You base that on your hero Dr Roy Spenser's report that there was no increase in temperature beyond the record set in 1998, because 2016 only a few tenths higher, which means that it was not statistically higher. He doesn't even say there has been no warming since 1979, but somehow you conclude that he does.

You also have a habit of ignoring information that is required to totally understanding how CO2 warms the air. You think that because all the surface radiation has been absorbed in the first 30 meters after it leaves the surface, or other object that there is no more additional warming from CO2 above that. While it is true that all the surface radiation is absorbed within 30 meters, there are other things going on, that you ignore, because you want that to mean that increasing CO2 concentrations won't raise the temperature of the planet.

The part that you are ignoring is that the air is also emitting radiation, based on its temperature. So the air above the first 30 meters that got warmed by surface radiation, is warmed by radiation from that lower air. And remember, radiation is emitted in all directions, so some of it even gets to go down and warm the surface a little more. So the warming from CO2 does continue into the upper atmosphere, until the air gets so thin that all the radiation is allowed to escape into space.

And I'm thinking that the paper you are trying to parrot says the same thing, which is why you won't post a link to it. And that means that you actually know how full of shit you are. No wonder you resort to bullying tactics to wind an argument, because sound reasoning just doesn't work for you.

I have no idea what list you are referring to, which you think you can scratch me off of permanently. If my name leaves the list, it will be because I scratched it off. Your name, on the other hand might get scratched as soon as they finish their review of your continuous threats in here.

Now I'm thinking that you thought you were responding to someone else, didn't you. Lol, what a fking idiot.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

03-11-2017 22:53
(21600)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake, you are a total waste of time, air, food, water, and everything else that it takes to stay alive. You are actually robbing someone else's opportunity to be alive now.

So are you suggesting that he kill himself? Or are you going to go to Oakland and personally deal with it?
GreenMan wrote:
You accuse me of parroting, when that is what you are doing, and I am calling you on it. You have repeated that NASA released a report that says increasing CO2 concentrations by 10 times will not raise the temperature of the planet. That is parroting, idiot. But most parrots include some link to their source of information, so that others can confirm it. I'm asking for a link, because I have caught you several times saying one thing, when the report you cite actually says something else.

Science isn't a government agency. Arguing over what NASA said or didn't say is pointless.
GreenMan wrote:
Another favorite of mine, that you parrot incorrectly, is the one about satellite measurements don't show any increase in warming since they were put into service in 1979. You base that on your hero Dr Roy Spenser's report that there was no increase in temperature beyond the record set in 1998, because 2016 only a few tenths higher, which means that it was not statistically higher. He doesn't even say there has been no warming since 1979, but somehow you conclude that he does.

Satellites are incapable of measuring temperature. They measure light. No one knows the emissivity of Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
You also have a habit of ignoring information that is required to totally understanding how CO2 warms the air. You think that because all the surface radiation has been absorbed in the first 30 meters after it leaves the surface, or other object that there is no more additional warming from CO2 above that.

He's violating both the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, just like you do, by saying that.
GreenMan wrote:
While it is true that all the surface radiation is absorbed within 30 meters,

Have you seen Earth from images from the space station or the Moon? How can you see it if there is no surface radiance??
GreenMan wrote:
there are other things going on, that you ignore, because you want that to mean that increasing CO2 concentrations won't raise the temperature of the planet.

Actually, he's arguing that CO2 concentrations DOES raise the temperature of the planet. Pay attention. He's just saying it's insignificant. He's still wrong.
GreenMan wrote:
The part that you are ignoring is that the air is also emitting radiation, based on its temperature.

That seems to get ignored by you too, when convenient for you.
GreenMan wrote:
So the air above the first 30 meters that got warmed by surface radiation, is warmed by radiation from that lower air.

Upper air is not warmedby radiance from lower air. The frequency has shifted enough that CO2 is no longer able to absorb a lot of light from the colder air.

Upper air is warmed by conduction and convection, same as the lower air. Light isn't even involved in most of the heating of the air.
GreenMan wrote:
And remember, radiation is emitted in all directions, so some of it even gets to go down and warm the surface a little more.

You can't heat a warmer surface using a colder gas. You can't do it by conduction, convection, or radiance. You are violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
GreenMan wrote:
So the warming from CO2 does continue into the upper atmosphere, until the air gets so thin that all the radiation is allowed to escape into space.

There is no magick 'threshold'. Most radiance from the Earth is from the surface, not the atmosphere.
GreenMan wrote:
And I'm thinking that the paper you are trying to parrot says the same thing, which is why you won't post a link to it. And that means that you actually know how full of shit you are. No wonder you resort to bullying tactics to wind an argument, because sound reasoning just doesn't work for you.

No reasoning here...move along, move along.
GreenMan wrote:
I have no idea what list you are referring to, which you think you can scratch me off of permanently.

His list. He maintains it.
GreenMan wrote:
If my name leaves the list, it will be because I scratched it off.

You can't scratch your name off of his list.
GreenMan wrote:
Your name, on the other hand might get scratched as soon as they finish their review of your continuous threats in here.
...deleted insult fallacy...

Time will tell. I'll leave that with the forum owner. He is the only one that can make that decision. You can't.

The Parrot Killer

06-11-2017 05:25
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: .....maintains.....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" maintains it is an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
06-11-2017 17:32
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: .....maintains.....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" maintains it is an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.

There we go again with litebrain talking to himself since he's the only one on Earth that can understand him.
06-11-2017 19:56
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped:..... litesong....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" maintains it is an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener . It is a proficient janitor.
Edited on 06-11-2017 19:59
06-11-2017 21:19
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped:..... litesong....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" maintains it is an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener . It is a proficient janitor.

Talking over and over and over to itself because all think it to be insane.
06-11-2017 23:41
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped: Talking....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" adores its new name, down to the details.
07-11-2017 00:10
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped: Talking....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" adores its new name, down to the details.

As the asylums re-open you'll be one of the first entries.
07-11-2017 04:38
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many times threatener wake-me-up" yipped: As the asylums re-open....
...people with names like "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many times threatener wake-me-up" get priority for admittance.
07-11-2017 05:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many times threatener wake-me-up" yipped: As the asylums re-open....
...people with names like "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many times threatener wake-me-up" get priority for admittance.

And your sickness deepens.
07-11-2017 10:13
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

So are you suggesting that he kill himself? Or are you going to go to Oakland and personally deal with it?

Nah, he isn't worth the trip to the airport, much less the trip all the way out there, from the airport. And then I got to worry about alibis, and things like that. It would be much cleaner if he would just off his own ass. That's what I would do, if I was him, and suffered with an incurable mental disorder that makes him want to kill future generations of people. And you should think about it. Maybe, since you two love CO2 so much, why don't you both got sit in your cars, with your exhaust piped into the cab for a little while, and take a little nap?

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

Science isn't a government agency. Arguing over what NASA said or didn't say is pointless.
GreenMan wrote:

Satellites are incapable of measuring temperature. They measure light. No one knows the emissivity of Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
You also have a habit of ignoring information that is required to totally understanding how CO2 warms the air. You think that because all the surface radiation has been absorbed in the first 30 meters after it leaves the surface, or other object that there is no more additional warming from CO2 above that.

He's violating both the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, just like you do, by saying that.
GreenMan wrote:
While it is true that all the surface radiation is absorbed within 30 meters,

Have you seen Earth from images from the space station or the Moon? How can you see it if there is no surface radiance??

You can't see earth's radiance with your eyes, Parrot. What you are seeing with your eyes is light that has been reflected by the object you are looking at. Totally different wavelengths. Visible light is not absorbed by greenhouse gases, because they are not at the right frequency.

Thank you for clarifying how it is that you think so many laws of physics are broken by natural occurring phenomena. You simply don't understand the different frequencies of things like light. No wonder you are so damn confused.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
there are other things going on, that you ignore, because you want that to mean that increasing CO2 concentrations won't raise the temperature of the planet.

Actually, he's arguing that CO2 concentrations DOES raise the temperature of the planet. Pay attention. He's just saying it's insignificant. He's still wrong.

Oh, ok. Yup, he's still wrong.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
The part that you are ignoring is that the air is also emitting radiation, based on its temperature.

That seems to get ignored by you too, when convenient for you.

For example?

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
So the air above the first 30 meters that got warmed by surface radiation, is warmed by radiation from that lower air.

Upper air is not warmedby radiance from lower air. The frequency has shifted enough that CO2 is no longer able to absorb a lot of light from the colder air.

Upper air is warmed by conduction and convection, same as the lower air. Light isn't even involved in most of the heating of the air.

Oops, did you just admit that you are aware that CO2 absorbs radiation, at lower levels of the atmosphere? Yes, you did, when you said "CO2 is no longer able to absorb a lot of light from the colder air." That is saying that you are aware that CO2 does absorb light from warmer air.

Yes, there is a frequency shift involved, but the frequency of radiation being emitted by air is of the right frequency to be absorbed by other greenhouse gase molecules.

Into the Night wrote:

GreenMan wrote:
And remember, radiation is emitted in all directions, so some of it even gets to go down and warm the surface a little more.

You can't heat a warmer surface using a colder gas. You can't do it by conduction, convection, or radiance. You are violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

It's not really "heating" the surface, and neither is it a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. According to your argument, a simple sweater that someone puts on, on a cold day, is a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Greenhouse Gases simply slow down the rate at which the surface can cool. They do not change the amount of energy from the sun at all, so they are like a one way mirror, only acting on radiation that is being emitted by the earth's surface, and objects on the earth's surface [or flying around in the air]. Incoming energy is not restricted, but outgoing energy is restricted. End end result is that the surface and therefore the air around the planet warms more than it would without the gases.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
So the warming from CO2 does continue into the upper atmosphere, until the air gets so thin that all the radiation is allowed to escape into space.

There is no magick 'threshold'. Most radiance from the Earth is from the surface, not the atmosphere.

You are clueless about where most radiance from the earth comes from. You don't even really know what it is, do you?

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

No reasoning here...move along, move along.
GreenMan wrote:
I have no idea what list you are referring to, which you think you can scratch me off of permanently.

His list. He maintains it.

Oh, that list. I'm proud to be on that one, lol.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
If my name leaves the list, it will be because I scratched it off.

You can't scratch your name off of his list.

Yup, and I don't even want to.

Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Your name, on the other hand might get scratched as soon as they finish their review of your continuous threats in here.
...deleted insult fallacy...

Time will tell. I'll leave that with the forum owner. He is the only one that can make that decision. You can't.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

Edited on 07-11-2017 10:20
07-11-2017 17:12
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

Gee, and I was so looking forward to meeting you. Not only are you smarter than 31,000+ of the best scientists this country and world have to offer, but
you're more dangerous than a veteran of foreign wars. There is absolutely no end to your talent. I'm going out for another 50 mile bike ride and was so hoping that someone so green would come along and explain why global warming isn't a farce supported by the $1.5 trillion "green" industry.

The other guys are too old to believe in this sort of stuff since they are all between 5 and 15 years older than me. You know - those helpless old guys that you could take any day of the week. But then you'd have to have an alibi because you're a real man and like all real men are incapable of standing behind your actions.[/quote]
07-11-2017 20:26
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped:....31,000+ of the best scientists....
31,000 signatures on an oil, coal, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un patch of paper automatically eliminates 31,000 beings from best scientists considerations, specially with the majority NOT being scientists.
07-11-2017 21:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" yipped:....31,000+ of the best scientists....
31,000 signatures on an oil, coal, energy, business & re-pubic-lick-un patch of paper automatically eliminates 31,000 beings from best scientists considerations, specially with the majority NOT being scientists.

Now we see that you are accusing 31,000 scientists including the past heads of NOAA and NASA, and Nobel Laureates of selling out.

You haven't yet told us why they haven't recently surfaces submarines at the north pole. Trying to change the subject?
07-11-2017 21:32
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: u haven't yet told us why they haven't recently surfaces(sic) submarines at the north pole.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" has too much ego to prove... itself.... wrong by finding the answer.... itself. As stated, when "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" is normal, it is the clown, IT.
Edited on 07-11-2017 21:33
08-11-2017 00:19
(21600)
GreenMan wrote:
Nah, he isn't worth the trip to the airport, much less the trip all the way out there, from the airport. And then I got to worry about alibis, and things like that. It would be much cleaner if he would just off his own ass.

So now you are encouraging suicide for religious reasons. Shall I start calling you Jim Jones?
GreenMan wrote:
That's what I would do, if I was him, and suffered with an incurable mental disorder that makes him want to kill future generations of people. And you should think about it.

Maybe, since you two love CO2 so much, why don't you both got sit in your cars, with your exhaust piped into the cab for a little while, and take a little nap?

So you have taken the religious position that I am the devil himself, eh? Fine. The Church of Global Warming is false. Soon there will be little difference between you and radical Islam.
GreenMan wrote:
You can't see earth's radiance with your eyes, Parrot.

Sure you can. All you need are some instruments to help.
GreenMan wrote:
What you are seeing with your eyes is light that has been reflected by the object you are looking at.

Reflected light is part of the light radiating from Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
Totally different wavelengths.

Okay. Let's talk about frequencies for a moment.
GreenMan wrote:
Visible light is not absorbed by greenhouse gases, because they are not at the right frequency.

Actually, they ARE, but that usually does not result in warming the CO2. It usually results in a chemical reaction, if anything.

It is infrared light that tends to warm substances.
GreenMan wrote:
Thank you for clarifying how it is that you think so many laws of physics are broken by natural occurring phenomena. You simply don't understand the different frequencies of things like light. No wonder you are so damn confused.

I understand all the different frequencies of light and what they tend to do when absorbed by different materials. Much of my instrumentation depends on it.
GreenMan wrote:
Oops, did you just admit that you are aware that CO2 absorbs radiation, at lower levels of the atmosphere? Yes, you did, when you said "CO2 is no longer able to absorb a lot of light from the colder air." That is saying that you are aware that CO2 does absorb light from warmer air.

I've always said CO2 absorbs infrared light. The result of that absorption is conversion of electromagnetic energy into thermal energy. It is a way for the surface to heat part of the atmosphere, just like conductive heating from the surface. That COOLS the surface, not warms it.
GreenMan wrote:
Yes, there is a frequency shift involved, but the frequency of radiation being emitted by air is of the right frequency to be absorbed by other greenhouse gase molecules.

Not really. All of your magick holy gases have similar absorption bands.
GreenMan wrote:
It's not really "heating" the surface, and neither is it a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

The only way to increase the temperature of something is to put more energy into it.
GreenMan wrote:
According to your argument, a simple sweater that someone puts on, on a cold day, is a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

No, you are putting more energy into heating yourself. Sweaters reduce heat.
GreenMan wrote:
Greenhouse Gases simply slow down the rate at which the surface can cool.

No, they don't. CO2 is not an insulator. It doesn't reduce heat in any way.
GreenMan wrote:
They do not change the amount of energy from the sun at all,

You mean the energy of the Sun reaching the surface of the Earth? They sure do. CO2 and water both absorb infrared light, whether it's coming from the Sun or from the surface of the Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
so they are like a one way mirror,

Nope. No magick one way mirrors.
GreenMan wrote:
only acting on radiation that is being emitted by the earth's surface,

CO2 is sensitive to infrared light form any source, including the Sun. So is water.
GreenMan wrote:
Incoming energy is not restricted,

Yes it is.
GreenMan wrote:
but outgoing energy is restricted.

By the same amount.
GreenMan wrote:
End end result is that the surface and therefore the air around the planet warms more than it would without the gases.

The daylit skin of the ISS reaches 250 deg F. There is nowhere on Earth that gets that hot. If what you say is true, why is the Earth so much COLDER?
GreenMan wrote:
You are clueless about where most radiance from the earth comes from. You don't even really know what it is, do you?

Yes I do. It comes from the surface of the Earth. Much of it is reflected light from the Sun, and much of it is Planck radiation (emission due to conversion from thermal energy to electromagnetic energy).

The Parrot Killer

08-11-2017 03:43
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" wiffed: accusing 31,000 scientists....
Ain't 31,000 scientists on that patch of paper which ain't even a petition.
08-11-2017 11:37
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Into the Night wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Nah, he isn't worth the trip to the airport, much less the trip all the way out there, from the airport. And then I got to worry about alibis, and things like that. It would be much cleaner if he would just off his own ass.

So now you are encouraging suicide for religious reasons. Shall I start calling you Jim Jones?
GreenMan wrote:
That's what I would do, if I was him, and suffered with an incurable mental disorder that makes him want to kill future generations of people. And you should think about it.

Maybe, since you two love CO2 so much, why don't you both got sit in your cars, with your exhaust piped into the cab for a little while, and take a little nap?

So you have taken the religious position that I am the devil himself, eh? Fine. The Church of Global Warming is false. Soon there will be little difference between you and radical Islam.
GreenMan wrote:
You can't see earth's radiance with your eyes, Parrot.

Sure you can. All you need are some instruments to help.
GreenMan wrote:
What you are seeing with your eyes is light that has been reflected by the object you are looking at.

Reflected light is part of the light radiating from Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
Totally different wavelengths.

Okay. Let's talk about frequencies for a moment.
GreenMan wrote:
Visible light is not absorbed by greenhouse gases, because they are not at the right frequency.

Actually, they ARE, but that usually does not result in warming the CO2. It usually results in a chemical reaction, if anything.

It is infrared light that tends to warm substances.
GreenMan wrote:

I understand all the different frequencies of light and what they tend to do when absorbed by different materials. Much of my instrumentation depends on it.
GreenMan wrote:

I've always said CO2 absorbs infrared light. The result of that absorption is conversion of electromagnetic energy into thermal energy. It is a way for the surface to heat part of the atmosphere, just like conductive heating from the surface. That COOLS the surface, not warms it.
GreenMan wrote:

Not really. All of your magick holy gases have similar absorption bands.
GreenMan wrote:
It's not really "heating" the surface, and neither is it a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

The only way to increase the temperature of something is to put more energy into it.
GreenMan wrote:
According to your argument, a simple sweater that someone puts on, on a cold day, is a violation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

No, you are putting more energy into heating yourself. Sweaters reduce heat.
GreenMan wrote:
Greenhouse Gases simply slow down the rate at which the surface can cool.

No, they don't. CO2 is not an insulator. It doesn't reduce heat in any way.
GreenMan wrote:
They do not change the amount of energy from the sun at all,

You mean the energy of the Sun reaching the surface of the Earth? They sure do. CO2 and water both absorb infrared light, whether it's coming from the Sun or from the surface of the Earth.
GreenMan wrote:
so they are like a one way mirror,

Nope. No magick one way mirrors.
GreenMan wrote:
only acting on radiation that is being emitted by the earth's surface,

CO2 is sensitive to infrared light form any source, including the Sun. So is water.
GreenMan wrote:
Incoming energy is not restricted,

Yes it is.
GreenMan wrote:
but outgoing energy is restricted.

By the same amount.
GreenMan wrote:
End end result is that the surface and therefore the air around the planet warms more than it would without the gases.

The daylit skin of the ISS reaches 250 deg F. There is nowhere on Earth that gets that hot. If what you say is true, why is the Earth so much COLDER?
GreenMan wrote:

Yes I do. It comes from the surface of the Earth. Much of it is reflected light from the Sun, and much of it is Planck radiation (emission due to conversion from thermal energy to electromagnetic energy).

Here we go again, dancing around this thing, instead of resolving it. I guess that's because only one of us in interested in understanding and the other is only interested in confusing. I think that is why you call yourself "Into the Night," because you aren't interest in clarity. No, you just want to confuse people, and lead them into darkness.

You have admitted that you understand that greenhouse gases absorb radiation and convert it to thermal energy. so there is no point in going there. You can deny it later if you want, but your words are still up there. And you have admitted this before in other places.

What you are confused about, or are deliberately trying to confuse other people about is the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. You say that in order for a body to warm, you have to add energy. That's not even close to an accurate statement, and you know it. Another way to increase the temperature of a body is to reduce thermal losses, which is what a coat does on a cold day. [You try to confuse people, by saying that a coat prevents heating, and it does, but that is irrelevant, because it's just a play on words.]

And you say that sunlight is absorbed by greenhouse gases as it enters our atmosphere. And while that is true, it's is not really correct to equate the amount of energy being converted from the sun is equal to the amount of energy being converted from the earth. And here is why [unlike you, I go ahead and tell a person why I think they are wrong, instead of just trying to snicker at them], most of the light from the sun is at a shorter wavelength than what CO2 converts. While most of the radiation being emitted by the surface of earth is the correct wavelength. So even though what you are saying is partially true [some incoming radiation (irradiation) is absorbed by gases] it doesn't compare equally to outgoing surface radiation.

And while reflected light is radiating, it is radiating at a frequency that is not absorbed by gases. Otherwise, you would not be able to see the planet from the moon. Well, I suppose you could see it, but it would be like looking at a black hole. The only way you can tell it's there is because it blocks the stars that are behind it from being seen.

So, yeah, I'm going to stand by my previous observation. You don't know jack shit about radiation, light, electro-magnetic energy, physics, or what makes a woman's g spot explode. You have simply memorized a bunch of terms and equations, and don't have a clue about how to use them to understand things. And that is because you don't have enough patience, or intelligence to handle a good woman, or a mathematical problem.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

08-11-2017 23:56
(21600)
GreenMan wrote:
Here we go again, dancing around this thing, instead of resolving it.

Resolving what? There is nothing to 'resolve'. There is no problem, other than you idiots raising an alarm over nothing and trying to take my wealth by force to support your religion.
GreenMan wrote:
I guess that's because only one of us in interested in understanding and the other is only interested in confusing.

True. You are only interested in confusing, irrational arguments. Shall we revisit your paradoxes again?
GreenMan wrote:
I think that is why you call yourself "Into the Night," because you aren't interest in clarity. No, you just want to confuse people, and lead them into darkness.

No, it's a warning.
GreenMan wrote:
You have admitted that you understand that greenhouse gases absorb radiation and convert it to thermal energy. so there is no point in going there.

Admitted?? I have always said it does. So do does anyone that studies the properties of this particular gas. All gases absorb electromagnetic energy and convert it to thermal energy. All gases convert thermal energy to electromagnetic energy too. Indeed, all substances have both properties.
GreenMan wrote:
You can deny it later if you want, but your words are still up there.

Why would I deny it?
GreenMan wrote:
And you have admitted this before in other places.

It is not an 'admission'. It is what is. I have always said this is the case.
GreenMan wrote:
What you are confused about, or are deliberately trying to confuse other people about is the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

Nothing confusing about the 2nd law of thermodynamics. You can't make heat flow from cold to hot. You can't decrease entropy in a system. It's pretty basic.
GreenMan wrote:
You say that in order for a body to warm, you have to add energy

That's exactly right.
GreenMan wrote:
That's not even close to an accurate statement, and you know it.

It is a completely accurate statement.
GreenMan wrote:
Another way to increase the temperature of a body is to reduce thermal losses,

That does not increase temperature.
GreenMan wrote:
which is what a coat does on a cold day.
A coat reduces heat. That's all it does. It does not add energy to anything.
GreenMan wrote:
[You try to confuse people, by saying that a coat prevents heating, and it does, but that is irrelevant, because it's just a play on words.]

No, it's what heat is.
GreenMan wrote:
And you say that sunlight is absorbed by greenhouse gases as it enters our atmosphere.

True, it is. That sunlight never reaches the surface.
GreenMan wrote:
And while that is true, it's is not really correct to equate the amount of energy being converted from the sun is equal to the amount of energy being converted from the earth.

And your point?
GreenMan wrote:
And here is why [unlike you, I go ahead and tell a person why I think they are wrong, instead of just trying to snicker at them], most of the light from the sun is at a shorter wavelength than what CO2 converts.

WRONG. Most of the sunlight is right in the range of those frequencies absorbed by CO2. Most sunlight is infrared light. Fortunately, CO2 only absorbs a very narrow range of those frequencies, so most of the infrared light goes into heating the surface. Visible light does not generally cause heating. Ultraviolet light causes almost none at all.
GreenMan wrote:
While most of the radiation being emitted by the surface of earth is the correct wavelength.

Not correct. The frequencies absorbed by CO2 is a very narrow range compared to the wide band of infrared emitted by the Earth. It's just another way for the surface to heat the atmosphere, just like it does when heating the atmosphere by conduction. Big hairy deal.
GreenMan wrote:
So even though what you are saying is partially true [some incoming radiation (irradiation) is absorbed by gases] it doesn't compare equally to outgoing surface radiation.

Like I said...big hairy deal.
GreenMan wrote:
And while reflected light is radiating, it is radiating at a frequency that is not absorbed by gases.

So is most of the infrared light coming from the surface.
GreenMan wrote:
So, yeah, I'm going to stand by my previous observation.

What observation? Your random numbers?
GreenMan wrote:
You don't know jack shit about radiation, light, electro-magnetic energy, physics, or what makes a woman's g spot explode.

You have simply memorized a bunch of terms and equations,

Those theories and equations are science, dude. You deny science.
GreenMan wrote:
and don't have a clue about how to use them to understand things.

Relational math is pretty basic stuff. Too bad you have no grasp of it.
GreenMan wrote:
And that is because you don't have enough patience, or intelligence to handle a good woman, or a mathematical problem.

How would you know? You are illiterate in math. As for women, that's a non-sequitur attempt at an insult fallacy. This forum is about climate, not women or sex.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 08-11-2017 23:57
09-11-2017 01:58
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...You haven't yet told us why they haven't recently surfaces submarines at the north pole.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" wiffs itself by showing a recent submarine at the North Pole. (last Submarine to surface at the North Pole was the USS Seawolf in 2015).
Of course, I stated there have been at least 3 different countries with subs surfaced, near the North Pole..... so many subs, that a traffic signal may be erected.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time threatener wake-me-up" makes up arguments so it can have excuses to threaten.... which is in its name.
Edited on 09-11-2017 02:00
09-11-2017 17:45
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote: WRONG. Most of the sunlight is right in the range of those frequencies absorbed by CO2. Most sunlight is infrared light. Fortunately, CO2 only absorbs a very narrow range of those frequencies, so most of the infrared light goes into heating the surface. Visible light does not generally cause heating. Ultraviolet light causes almost none at all.

Yes something like 55% of the sun's energy striking the Earth is in the NEAR infra-red. But like UV it is simply a component of visible light.

This IR is far different than that emitted from the warmed Earth which is in the FAR infrared and CO2 does not absorb the frequencies in the near IR.

So the Sun's energy almost entirely strikes the Earth except for Tyndall effect scattering which is what makes the sky blue and isn't an absorption effect but a reflection.

Please stop trying, like James, to use a single tools to explain the world about you.
09-11-2017 22:00
(21600)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote: WRONG. Most of the sunlight is right in the range of those frequencies absorbed by CO2. Most sunlight is infrared light. Fortunately, CO2 only absorbs a very narrow range of those frequencies, so most of the infrared light goes into heating the surface. Visible light does not generally cause heating. Ultraviolet light causes almost none at all.

Yes something like 55% of the sun's energy striking the Earth is in the NEAR infra-red. But like UV it is simply a component of visible light.

While most of the Sun's energy is in the so-called 'near' infrared band, the Sun puts out light frequencies all the way down to the lower radio bands.

Infrared and UV are NOT visible light.

Wake wrote:
This IR is far different than that emitted from the warmed Earth which is in the FAR infrared and CO2 does not absorb the frequencies in the near IR.

The Sun DOES put out 'far' infrared. Some of that incoming light IS absorbed by CO2 or water vapor and never reaches the surface to warm it.
Wake wrote:
So the Sun's energy almost entirely strikes the Earth except for Tyndall effect scattering which is what makes the sky blue and isn't an absorption effect but a reflection.

Yes. It's amazing how you point this out now, when you deny it later.
Wake wrote:
Please stop trying, like James, to use a single tools to explain the world about you.

I don't.

Your problem is that you are illiterate in statistical math, probability math, and random number math. You also don't seem to understand either the laws of thermodynamics nor the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Instead, you depend on claims of credentials, which are useless on forums, and on magick capabilities of satellite systems (I guess you like satellites), and on bad math.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2017 23:15
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

While most of the Sun's energy is in the so-called 'near' infrared band, the Sun puts out light frequencies all the way down to the lower radio bands.

Wake wrote:

The Sun DOES put out 'far' infrared. Some of that incoming light IS absorbed by CO2 or water vapor and never reaches the surface to warm it.
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I don't.

Your problem is that you are illiterate in statistical math, probability math, and random number math. You also don't seem to understand either the laws of thermodynamics nor the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Instead, you depend on claims of credentials, which are useless on forums, and on magick capabilities of satellite systems (I guess you like satellites), and on bad math.

You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. Would you please stop pretending that you do?

The EARTH has to rid itself of that ENTIRE energy band and it does it ONLY in the far infrared.

The Sun's addition to the far infrared is something like 0.01% of it's energy. That makes the Sun's addition to that band immeasurably small.

"Improbability math"? Exactly WHAT do you know about quantum mechanics?

You don't even know the first thing about statistics. Any ass would know that whether or not the actual measured temperatures are correct that you could use statistical analysis to arrive at a MGT. And that statistically the errors would average out. But not the nut case from Seattle.

Tell is all - what is random number math?

And perhaps you should stop talking about the Stefan-Boltzmann Law and then saying that you can't tell the temperature by looking at a color since you are only showing your own ignorance.
10-11-2017 02:31
(21600)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I don't.

You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. Would you please stop pretending that you do?

The EARTH has to rid itself of that ENTIRE energy band and it does it ONLY in the far infrared.

So reflected light is not ridding itself of energy, is it?

Since you want to concentrate only on Planck emissions (that due to temperature), then yes, the Earth emits mostly in the so called 'far' infrared band. CO2 absorption is only a narrow set of frequencies in that band though. Same with water vapor.

The absorption of light by CO2 is simply another way for the surface to rid itself of energy, much like thermal conductivity does.

Wake wrote:
The Sun's addition to the far infrared is something like 0.01% of it's energy. That makes the Sun's addition to that band immeasurably small.

It's more than that, but the number is immaterial to my statement. It is there. It is greater than zero.
Wake wrote:

While quantum mechanics does use probability math, probability math is not quantum mechanics.

Probability math is simply about the effects of random numbers on events. A great branch of mathematics for gamblers to learn. Damn few know it, even among casino owners in Las Vegas. Those that do can stand to make quite a bit of money from some casino owner that introduces a game where the odds favor the gambler. That does happen, usually as a promotion of some kind.
Wake wrote:
You don't even know the first thing about statistics. Any ass would know that whether or not the actual measured temperatures are correct that you could use statistical analysis to arrive at a MGT. And that statistically the errors would average out. But not the nut case from Seattle.

Nope. Statistical errors do not 'self correct'. That concept is an error known as a preconceived conclusion. Each summary is independent of any other summary. All summaries must begin with raw data.

A simple average is not statistical math, although statistical math does use the simple average as part of its calculations. This is where most of the confusion about statistical math lies.
Wake wrote:

The mathematics that describes how to calculate randR (the repeatable random number, such as dice), just exactly how random it is (no, it doesn't use statistics), and with it, all the other forms of random numbers including randN (the non-repeatable random number, such as cards), and randU (the 'predictable' random number, such as when someone grabs a number out of their head to describe <insert large number here> scientists say...).

Random number mathematics does not operate in the Real Math Domain (the kind taught in high school and most university courses), but it to a certain extent is translatable to that Domain. It operates in the Full Boolean Math Domain (which differs from the Real Domain by the modification of a couple of axioms). You can translate things between the two Domains, so long as you don't hit one of these differences in axioms.

Wake wrote:
And perhaps you should stop talking about the Stefan-Boltzmann Law and then saying that you can't tell the temperature by looking at a color since you are only showing your own ignorance.

The Stefan-Boltzmann law does not look at color. It is color-blind, both for emissivity and for radiance.

If you want to try to use Wien's law to determine temperature, you must remember that only works for a rough comparison with things that are energy sources such as the Sun or hot coals, where reflection and translucency is not considered a significant factor. They are always there, however, and so such estimates and comparisons are naturally very rough.

It's good enough to get a general gauge of whether a steel is ready to weld, or how hot a star is compared to an equivalent 'coal' that bright. It is not precise by any means. It is useless for reflective bodies, like the Earth, since Earth is lit by a star that is a very different temperature than Earth itself.

Wien's law produces a smooth curve, which must be combined with the domain of the substance emitting the light. In other words, the spectral lines of individual frequencies are still there, but if you measure the intensity of them and compare that to the natural intensify of them, you will see the difference follows the Wien curve and is indeed dependent on temperature. Wien's law gives the peak frequency of the curve, but it does not give overall intensity. The peak light emitted may not even be the same as that predicted by Wien's law, since substances emit along their spectral lines according to their own characteristic intensity for each line, and the line may not match the calculated peak frequency.

The emissivity of the surface of the Earth varies greatly over the space of even just fractions of an inch. To measure emissivity, you must first determine accurately the temperature of what you are trying to measure. According to the Stefan-Boltzmann law, then, you can compare the measured temperature and radiance and work backwards through the law, coming up with an emissivity value. For that surface, then, you can accurately determine the temperature from radiance using the known emissivity.

Since emissivity varies so greatly in such a short distance, it is not possible to determine an overall emissivity without first accurately determining the temperature of the Earth in the first place.

Thus a satellite is operating in a vacuum (in more ways than one!). While a satellite is great at relative differences of temperatures, assuming the same overall emissivity, they simply can't provide an absolute temperature measurement, since we don't know the emissivity of Earth.

So the satellites we send up that look at 'temperature' are really looking at differences in radiance and using assumed values for the unknowns, such as emissivity. All they see is that one place is hotter than another, and to a very rough guess, by how much. That guess is again determined by assumed values of emissivity.

They are great at tracking storms, looking for hot spots in oceans or on land, and for locating generally where warmer air is.

They just can't tell is how much warmer, or what the temperature of anything actually IS. We need ground thermometers for that. They are the only thing in contact with the air and the Earth that we are trying to measure. They are the reference, even to the point of being used to correct the 'guess' of the satellite.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 10-11-2017 02:42
10-11-2017 03:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I don't.

So reflected light is not ridding itself of energy, is it?

Since you want to concentrate only on Planck emissions (that due to temperature), then yes, the Earth emits mostly in the so called 'far' infrared band. CO2 absorption is only a narrow set of frequencies in that band though. Same with water vapor.

The absorption of light by CO2 is simply another way for the surface to rid itself of energy, much like thermal conductivity does.

Wake wrote:

It's more than that, but the number is immaterial to my statement. It is there. It is greater than zero.
Wake wrote:

While quantum mechanics does use probability math, probability math is not quantum mechanics.

Probability math is simply about the effects of random numbers on events. A great branch of mathematics for gamblers to learn. Damn few know it, even among casino owners in Las Vegas. Those that do can stand to make quite a bit of money from some casino owner that introduces a game where the odds favor the gambler. That does happen, usually as a promotion of some kind.
Wake wrote:

Nope. Statistical errors do not 'self correct'. That concept is an error known as a preconceived conclusion. Each summary is independent of any other summary. All summaries must begin with raw data.

A simple average is not statistical math, although statistical math does use the simple average as part of its calculations. This is where most of the confusion about statistical math lies.
Wake wrote:

The mathematics that describes how to calculate randR (the repeatable random number, such as dice), just exactly how random it is (no, it doesn't use statistics), and with it, all the other forms of random numbers including randN (the non-repeatable random number, such as cards), and randU (the 'predictable' random number, such as when someone grabs a number out of their head to describe <insert large number here> scientists say...).

Random number mathematics does not operate in the Real Math Domain (the kind taught in high school and most university courses), but it to a certain extent is translatable to that Domain. It operates in the Full Boolean Math Domain (which differs from the Real Domain by the modification of a couple of axioms). You can translate things between the two Domains, so long as you don't hit one of these differences in axioms.

Wake wrote:

The Stefan-Boltzmann law does not look at color. It is color-blind, both for emissivity and for radiance.

If you want to try to use Wien's law to determine temperature, you must remember that only works for a rough comparison with things that are energy sources such as the Sun or hot coals, where reflection and translucency is not considered a significant factor. They are always there, however, and so such estimates and comparisons are naturally very rough.

It's good enough to get a general gauge of whether a steel is ready to weld, or how hot a star is compared to an equivalent 'coal' that bright. It is not precise by any means. It is useless for reflective bodies, like the Earth, since Earth is lit by a star that is a very different temperature than Earth itself.

Wien's law produces a smooth curve, which must be combined with the domain of the substance emitting the light. In other words, the spectral lines of individual frequencies are still there, but if you measure the intensity of them and compare that to the natural intensify of them, you will see the difference follows the Wien curve and is indeed dependent on temperature. Wien's law gives the peak frequency of the curve, but it does not give overall intensity. The peak light emitted may not even be the same as that predicted by Wien's law, since substances emit along their spectral lines according to their own characteristic intensity for each line, and the line may not match the calculated peak frequency.

The emissivity of the surface of the Earth varies greatly over the space of even just fractions of an inch. To measure emissivity, you must first determine accurately the temperature of what you are trying to measure. According to the Stefan-Boltzmann law, then, you can compare the measured temperature and radiance and work backwards through the law, coming up with an emissivity value. For that surface, then, you can accurately determine the temperature from radiance using the known emissivity.

Since emissivity varies so greatly in such a short distance, it is not possible to determine an overall emissivity without first accurately determining the temperature of the Earth in the first place.

Thus a satellite is operating in a vacuum (in more ways than one!). While a satellite is great at relative differences of temperatures, assuming the same overall emissivity, they simply can't provide an absolute temperature measurement, since we don't know the emissivity of Earth.

So the satellites we send up that look at 'temperature' are really looking at differences in radiance and using assumed values for the unknowns, such as emissivity. All they see is that one place is hotter than another, and to a very rough guess, by how much. That guess is again determined by assumed values of emissivity.

They are great at tracking storms, looking for hot spots in oceans or on land, and for locating generally where warmer air is.

They just can't tell is how much warmer, or what the temperature of anything actually IS. We need ground thermometers for that. They are the only thing in contact with the air and the Earth that we are trying to measure. They are the reference, even to the point of being used to correct the 'guess' of the satellite.

Here we have you playing your word games again - You have denied the existence of any web site talking about the energy balance of the Earth. And now your playing your game that somehow every erg of energy is actually reflected from the earth and not radiated from the stratosphere after being carried there via conduction.

If you think that UV and IR aren't visible light you might want to talk to a large part of the animal kingdom or the insects that see almost entirely in these wavelengths.

I note with a great deal of humor that you cannot answer questions and so decide to say that I'm implying that somehow CO2 has ANY effect. Does that make your day do that you can ignore the fact that there is no such thing as Random Number mathematics nor do you understand statistical analysis and probability mathematics is quantum mechanics which you probably can't even spell.

I have news for you - it doesn't MATTER what the emissivity of the Earth is. Conduction and convection mixes the emitted energy in the atmosphere so well that you can see half the Earth looks like it is emitting the same.

You seem to be under the impression that it is the EARTH that is radiating into space and not the energy carried into the stratosphere by the atmosphere. I've got news for you - you as usual are wrong.
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate The Stench from the EPA, NASA and NOAA:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Real Perspective on Warming - NASA Data1626-04-2024 06:48
The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism106-08-2023 20:31
Google and NASA achieved quantum supremacy in 20195020-11-2022 23:20
NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory4206-05-2022 20:55
NASA1507-12-2021 08:21
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact