Remember me
▼ Content

The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism

The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism06-08-2023 19:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Link

DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government's most ambitious plan ever to slash planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions from passenger vehicles faces skepticism both about how realistic it is and whether it goes far enough.

The Environmental Protection Agency in April announced new strict emissions limits that the agency says are vital to slowing climate change as people around the globe endure record-high temperatures, raging wildfires and intense storms.

The EPA says the industry could meet the limits if 67% of new-vehicle sales are electric by 2032, a pace the auto industry calls unrealistic. However, the new rule would not require automakers to boost electric vehicle sales directly. Instead, it sets emissions limits and allows automakers to choose how to meet them.

Even if the industry boosts EV sales to the level the EPA recommends, any reduction in pollution could prove more modest than the agency expects. The Associated Press has estimated that nearly 80% of vehicles being driven in the U.S. — more than 200 million — would still run on gasoline or diesel fuel.

A very long article, but a good read at the link. Only posted a 'teaser' portion, lot's of scary stuff. The government, activists, and care makers all have something to add. Does sort of sound like the manufacturers got whipped though, and accepted EVs are going to be their main models eventually.

Only way to meet the unrealistic goals, is to make crappy, disposable cars. Government will still have to offer generous incentives to reduce the price. There won't be a 'used' EV market, since the cheap-ass piece of shit will be busted down, about the same time the battery starts to fail. Of course, it's more to push mass-transit, and self-driving cars. Self-driving cars just won't work, with human drivers on the road.

67% must be the magic number, where they will tax the hell out of gasoline. Reduce demand, should lower the price, so we should pay much more at the pump. I'm sure they have other plans...
06-08-2023 20:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5723)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Link

DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government's most ambitious plan ever to slash planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions from passenger vehicles faces skepticism both about how realistic it is and whether it goes far enough.

The Environmental Protection Agency in April announced new strict emissions limits that the agency says are vital to slowing climate change as people around the globe endure record-high temperatures, raging wildfires and intense storms.

The EPA says the industry could meet the limits if 67% of new-vehicle sales are electric by 2032, a pace the auto industry calls unrealistic. However, the new rule would not require automakers to boost electric vehicle sales directly. Instead, it sets emissions limits and allows automakers to choose how to meet them.

Even if the industry boosts EV sales to the level the EPA recommends, any reduction in pollution could prove more modest than the agency expects. The Associated Press has estimated that nearly 80% of vehicles being driven in the U.S. — more than 200 million — would still run on gasoline or diesel fuel.

A very long article, but a good read at the link. Only posted a 'teaser' portion, lot's of scary stuff. The government, activists, and care makers all have something to add. Does sort of sound like the manufacturers got whipped though, and accepted EVs are going to be their main models eventually.

Only way to meet the unrealistic goals, is to make crappy, disposable cars. Government will still have to offer generous incentives to reduce the price. There won't be a 'used' EV market, since the cheap-ass piece of shit will be busted down, about the same time the battery starts to fail. Of course, it's more to push mass-transit, and self-driving cars. Self-driving cars just won't work, with human drivers on the road.

67% must be the magic number, where they will tax the hell out of gasoline. Reduce demand, should lower the price, so we should pay much more at the pump. I'm sure they have other plans...

Its only a good read if the reader is mentally defective, as Joe Biden clearly is.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Join the debate The EPA's ambitious plan to cut auto emissions to slow climate change runs into skepticism:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Watching the Train Wreck in Slow Motion92308-04-2024 15:53
Dumb Mexican woman (redundant) falls in love online and travels to Peru to have her organs cut out by026-11-2022 05:31
economic output emissions intensity vs global emissions / global GDP9220-11-2022 23:16
Because global warming from emissions is real...14719-03-2022 17:57
Tesla recalls nearly 54,000 cars because self-driving software runs stop signs606-02-2022 02:00
Articles
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact