Remember me
▼ Content

Teaching younger generations

Teaching younger generations18-02-2016 13:57
The Artifact
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Hi,

I have alot of little cousins and i wanted to do something to make them more aware of climate change and it's impact.

I was wondering what everyone's view is regarding:

1. Daily life impacted by Climate change. I live in London and I'm not really sure what is the daily impact.

2. Daily actions can we do to help fight it? I can't imagine all the big corporations making climate agendas and target will be enough.

Thanks in advance.
18-02-2016 15:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14414)
The Artifact wrote:
Hi,

I have alot of little cousins and i wanted to do something to make them more aware of climate change and it's impact.

Are you sure you want to impose on them a WACKY Marxist-driven religion that is economically harmful, ecological dangerous and runs counter to science?

You could also teach them about, say, the impact of their sins upon the moral fabric of society? It would be simpler and they could remain free to learn actual science.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-02-2016 15:51
The Artifact
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
hello, um...i'm not sure if I've misunderstood or not clearly wrote by agenda but i believe in the science and the fact that this is happening...not sure where sin and religion come into play here for what i'm looking for...
18-02-2016 16:03
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
The Artifact wrote:
hello, um...i'm not sure if I've misunderstood or not clearly wrote by agenda but i believe in the science and the fact that this is happening...not sure where sin and religion come into play here for what i'm looking for...

Welcome The Artifact. Just try to ignore IBdaMann. He's the resident game playing manipulative sociopath troll who tries to take over every thread, has delusional beliefs that he's an 'expert', but uses nonsensical pseudoscience assertions to claim that the earth's natural greenhouse effect 'violates the laws of physics'. He also asserts that 'climate' doesn't even exist- except for the climate control in his car.

Edited on 18-02-2016 16:07
18-02-2016 16:10
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
The Artifact wrote:
Hi,

1. Daily life impacted by Climate change. I live in London and I'm not really sure what is the daily impact.

2. Daily actions can we do to help fight it? I can't imagine all the big corporations making climate agendas and target will be enough.

Thanks in advance.

NASA's Climate Kids website is good resource for children.

http://climatekids.nasa.gov/

18-02-2016 16:44
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
The Artifact wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

With regard to life in London specifically, the following information pack that was commissioned by the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs might be helpful:

A Summary of Climate Change Risks for London

The main risks for Londoners appear to be flooding, due to more intense rainfall as well as rising sea levels, and water supply problems due to periods of extended dry weather in the summer. The general expectation is that while average rainfall will remain about the same, it will come in more intense bursts separated by longer intervals.

I think the best thing most people can do to fight it is to vote in governments that are prepared to address the issue. There's no harm in voluntary contributions to ecologically friendly living, but government legislation is the only way to properly tackle the problem.
18-02-2016 18:38
Gogsy
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Welcome Artifact. I'm in the camp of not really believing all the things we are being fed on a daily basis on the impacts of CO2 etc. However, I am a great believer in minimising the amount of energy I use in a practical sense as fossil fuels are a finite resource.
Maybe this is an area they could look at and even come up with ideas of how to achieve it on a national level. There are lots of resources on this although I did a course with the University of Miami on it.
18-02-2016 19:09
(14414)
The Artifact wrote:

What, exactly, do you believe is happening?

What science have you reviewed and understand that convinced you Global Warming is real?

In what falsifiable model within the body of science is "climate" defined?

I'm just asking. You're welcome to whatever religion you wish. I just wonder why you would want to impose a particularly WACKY one on impressional youngsters.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-02-2016 19:27
(14414)
Surface Detail wrote: The main risks for Londoners appear to be flooding, due to more intense rainfall as well as rising sea levels,

Jews and Christians already incorporate this into their dogma. I suppose Global Warming is just trying to keep up. The correct answer is to build an ark.

Surface Detail wrote:
...and water supply problems due to periods of extended dry weather in the summer.

I bet the answer will be something like finding a leader who will tell the Prime Minister "Let my people go!" and he will lead the people through one of the deserts.

Surface Detail wrote: The general expectation is that while average rainfall will remain about the same, it will come in more intense bursts separated by longer intervals.

Won't manna rain down from heaven?

Surface Detail wrote:I think the best thing most people can do to fight it is to vote in governments that are prepared to address the issue.

Of course. The best thing anyone can do is to BELIEVE without question and to elect clergymen to public office who will impose the religion onto others. We need to elect someone who, on the first day in office, will declare CO2 a pollutant. The second day in office will be devoted to mandating the call to prayer.

Surface Detail wrote: There's no harm in voluntary contributions to ecologically friendly living, but government legislation is the only way to properly tackle the problem.

Right. Doing one's part to help the environment will be tolerated, but the Church of Global Warming will not stop until it controls government and owns science.

Frankly, I'll stick with a separation of Global Warming and state, thank you.

19-02-2016 10:03
Gogsy
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
I was just browsing and came across a site called climate4you.com which has the following temperature graph which I found quite interesting. It shows that the average temperature has changed over the past 400 years but mainly through an increase in winter temperatures. This of course is dependant on where you choose as a starting point due to the natural variability. The data is from the uk.
Attached image:

Edited on 19-02-2016 10:04
19-02-2016 10:56
Buildreps
★☆☆☆☆
(100)
The Artifact wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should look into the economical growth figures of the climate industry over the last decades, and understand it's just another economical movement. Who's benefiting from the climate hysteria? You? Our future generations?
19-02-2016 13:55
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
Buildreps wrote:
The Artifact wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should look into the economical growth figures of the climate industry over the last decades, and understand it's just another economical movement. Who's benefiting from the climate hysteria? You? Our future generations?
I suggest he tells his little cousins to just enjoy their little lives as best they can without worrying about the many imaginary situations that will arise during their lifetimes, including Glowbull warming.

"We have a vested interest in creating panic, because then money will flow to climate science." John Christy
19-02-2016 13:59
(107)
Gogsy wrote:... I am a great believer in minimising the amount of energy I use in a practical sense as fossil fuels are a finite resource.
The onnly reason for doing that is to save money, because someone else is already using your share of available fossil fuel.

"We have a vested interest in creating panic, because then money will flow to climate science." John Christy
19-02-2016 17:50
Gogsy
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
Earthling wrote:
Gogsy wrote:... I am a great believer in minimising the amount of energy I use in a practical sense as fossil fuels are a finite resource.
The onnly reason for doing that is to save money, because someone else is already using your share of available fossil fuel.

I'm sorry but you don't speak for me. I am doing this (i.e. So far have reduced usage by 32% and still improving) to save the reserves of a very valuable resource. As global consumption has reduced, leading to an over supply, the price has fallen but I'm part of the reason for this reduction, albeit mine is minuscule.
Household energy use accounts for around 30% of energy use so if everyone did the same that's a 9% global reduction.
19-02-2016 18:47
(14414)
Gogsy wrote: I'm sorry but you don't speak for me.

You are wise to not let Earthling-1 speak for you. You don't want that stink sticking to you.

Gogsy wrote: but I'm part of the reason for this reduction, albeit mine is minuscule.

Well done!

Edited on 19-02-2016 18:48
19-02-2016 19:22
(107)
Gogsy wrote:
Earthling wrote:
The only reason for doing that is to save money, because someone else is already using your share of available fossil fuel.

I'm sorry but you don't speak for me. I am doing this (i.e. So far have reduced usage by 32% and still improving) to save the reserves of a very valuable resource. As global consumption has reduced, leading to an over supply, the price has fallen but I'm part of the reason for this reduction, albeit mine is minuscule.
Household energy use accounts for around 30% of energy use so if everyone did the same that's a 9% global reduction.
I'm not speaking for you, only to you.
You're entitled to do as you please, it's no skin off my nose.
You're doing well, saving 32% in fuel bills is quite an achievement.
I'll turn my thermostat up in salute.

Join the debate Teaching younger generations:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Christian People Do Not Understand Correctly About Jesus's Teaching, Here Is The Eternal Truth325-08-2020 21:51
The Ignorant Who Are Untaught Teaching the Ignorant4221-11-2017 04:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact