Remember me
▼ Content

Major Disappointment

Major Disappointment11-10-2022 04:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14438)
I was reading some AWS (Amazon Web Services) white papers to refresh my memory on some solution principles ... when I became majorly disappointed.

For the past several years, the AWS Solution Architect domain rested on five pillars:

1. Operational Excellence
2. Security
3. Reliability
4. Performance Efficiency
5. Cost Optimization

All five are "must know" domains if you wish to develop operations in the Cloud.

... but recently I have discovered a sixth pillar: Sustainability.

I thought this was a little strange. The existing five pillars cover everything. What are they now claiming was somehow previously omitted that is so crucial that it must be required knowledge in order to pass the Solutions Architect certification exam?

"Sustainability," as it turns out, is a misnomer. "Church of Green" is a better name. It's all about one's environmental responsibility to reduce carbon emissions ... FOR FUQQQQING CLOUD COMPUTING! AWS defines "Sustainability" as accomplishing current workloads without compromising resources for future generations. Their white paper references the United Nations because there is no higher authority:

The United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development defines sustainable development as "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/wellarchitected/latest/sustainability-pillar/sustainability-pillar.html

This particular "pillar" is too new for there to be images on the internet. As I read the Sustainability white paper, I realized that there was a strategic marketing angle in there as well. AWS defines three "scopes" of carbon emissions (see below). Of course all emissions from human AWS activity fall into Scope 3, the most sustainable for our environment, so AWS users can feel good about their environmentally conscious decision to migrate operations to AWS and to save the planet for future generations.

Scope 1: All direct emissions from the activities of an organization or under its control. For example, fuel combustion by data center backup generators.

Scope 2: Indirect emissions from electricity purchased and used to power data centers and other facilities. For example, emissions from commercial power generation.

Scope 3: All other indirect emissions from activities of an organization from sources it doesn't control. AWS examples include emissions related to data center construction, and the manufacture and transportation of IT hardware deployed in data centers.

Please Watch This Very Brief Video

I thought I had seen/heard it all.
11-10-2022 05:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
Would this have anything to do with Amazon's ESG score and the need to boost it for a more favorable interest rate?
11-10-2022 06:50
(14438)
GasGuzzler wrote:Would this have anything to do with Amazon's ESG score and the need to boost it for a more favorable interest rate?

Amazon and AWS both are heavily into analytics, i.e. they run Big Data through aritificial intelligence to know what the most profitable thing to do is. They both cater heavily to the Church of Green, believing that any pandering to scientifically illiterate morons will have a fifty-fold ROI.

You might have noticed that Amazon purchased a fleet of electric delivery trucks that are charged very inefficiently from gasoline generators (wasting much energy in the process) completely outside the view of any customers, so that all the customers see are electric vehicles with no exhaust and they believe that no "fossil fuels" ever entered the picture. Amazon is our environmental champion.

Similarly, AWS doesn't advertise all the CO2 that was produced to build their data centers and customers don't see the amount of power the data centers consume. Users only see their own computers that they are using and they don't see any fuel exhaust coming from those.

11-10-2022 18:25
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2935)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Would this have anything to do with Amazon's ESG score and the need to boost it for a more favorable interest rate?

Amazon and AWS both are heavily into analytics, i.e. they run Big Data through aritificial intelligence to know what the most profitable thing to do is. They both cater heavily to the Church of Green, believing that any pandering to scientifically illiterate morons will have a fifty-fold ROI.

You might have noticed that Amazon purchased a fleet of electric delivery trucks that are charged very inefficiently from gasoline generators (wasting much energy in the process) completely outside the view of any customers, so that all the customers see are electric vehicles with no exhaust and they believe that no "fossil fuels" ever entered the picture. Amazon is our environmental champion.

Similarly, AWS doesn't advertise all the CO2 that was produced to build their data centers and customers don't see the amount of power the data centers consume. Users only see their own computers that they are using and they don't see any fuel exhaust coming from those.

I was just looking at the billions Amazon borrowed in the 1st quarter, the plunge in stock price, and the profit margin negative, thinking their borrowing may get stepped up. ESG scores are allowing lenders to dictate a corporation's "green" policies if they want the loan.

Yes, I did read about the fleet of EV delivery vehicles. I did NOT read they are charged with gas generators. Are they actually running generators while going down the road?!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
11-10-2022 20:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21612)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I was just looking at the billions Amazon borrowed in the 1st quarter, the plunge in stock price, and the profit margin negative, thinking their borrowing may get stepped up. ESG scores are allowing lenders to dictate a corporation's "green" policies if they want the loan.

Yes, I did read about the fleet of EV delivery vehicles. I did NOT read they are charged with gas generators. Are they actually running generators while going down the road?!

The delivery vehicles are charged at their local warehouses. They are only used for short runs, since they cannot complete a day's run any significant distance from the warehouse.

So Amazon is scraping off the land and building new warehouses. These are so large they usually require building a batch plant on site first. That's a lot of cement. A material that emits a lot of carbon dioxide into the air to manufacture it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-10-2022 20:13
12-10-2022 04:21
(14438)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The delivery vehicles are charged at their local warehouses. They are only used for short runs, since they cannot complete a day's run any significant distance from the warehouse.

So Amazon is scraping off the land and building new warehouses. These are so large they usually require building a batch plant on site first. That's a lot of cement. A material that emits a lot of carbon dioxide into the air to manufacture it.

Correct. The customers never see this part. They only see the electric vehicles.
12-10-2022 13:48
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5725)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Would this have anything to do with Amazon's ESG score and the need to boost it for a more favorable interest rate?

No because Amazon could loan the dod money

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL

Join the debate Major Disappointment:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Global Currency Reset GCR Will Only Occur After A Major Society System Change610-07-2021 18:53
Major Climate catastrophe, Happening Now!410-12-2020 23:37
Climate change is a major factor in flooding – but it's not the only one030-04-2019 06:03
Trump's 2020 Budget Will Cripple Climate Change Science in 3 Major Ways519-03-2019 04:51
major-correction-to-satellite-data-shows-140-faster-warming-since-19982104-07-2017 21:33
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact